Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance (2845 Views)

Buhari Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria - IBB / Fashola Is A Gift To Nigeria - IBB / I Want To Save Nigeria - Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by newmaster(m): 5:12am On Jun 27, 2010
IBB begs: Give me another chance
From DENNIS MERNYI, Abuja
Sunday, June 27, 2010

IBB
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Former Military President, General Ibrahim Babamosi Babangida, has appealed to Nigerians to forget his past mistakes and give him another chance to rule the country again. Babangida also urged Nigerians not to bother about the mistakes or failures of the past but to boldly confront the task ahead by giving him another chance.

The former Nigerian leader said he has never lost faith in the Nigerian project and in his belief to take it to the promise land. Speaking Saturday at the graduation and prize giving day of the Pacesetters Schools in Abuja, Babangida who was represented by his son, Mohammed, said: “We must decide, however, not to over-burden ourselves with the past mistakes or failures of the past but to boldly confront the tasks ahead of us with the solid experience of our elders and the good-nurtured adventurism of our youths.”

He stated that Nigeria would be better organized if those who benefit from it were reasonable enough to invest in education. He urged state and local governments to offer special grants to assist private schools boost the educational sector of the country. “I want to believe that it would be a sign of good faith and a source of encouragement if states and local governments give what is called grants-in-aid to private individuals who invest their hard-earned resources in education for national growth.

“I also state without iota of doubt that those who really want to give back to the society are those who invest in education. That is why I totally supported my wife when she decided to put her vision of El-Amin International School into concrete reality,” he stated. In his address, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, restated the need for government to intensify the fight against corruption and other vices in the country.

He advocated an institutional approach like engaging all institutions of learning where a curriculum would be developed to discourage school children against cultivating corrupt and other vices alien to the society.
Ekweremadu also bemoaned the alarming rate of corruption in the country.

“Corruption and kidnapping remain daunting challenges governments face on daily basis. We urge Nigerians to rise against them and expose the perpetrators so that our society would be better,” he said. Ekweremadu was however silent on the crises over allegations of corruption in the National Assembly involving the House of Representatives Speaker, Dimeji Bankole and the House leadership, but assured of government’s determination to fight and wipe out the menace from the country.

Also in a remark, a representative of the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Peter Claussion, urged the graduating students to keep alive the dreams of the founders of the school by being good ambassadors of the country wherever they go. He said the future of any country was dependent on the quality of education and the moral lessons built into the children.

Earlier, the chairman/proprietor of the school, Kenneth Imansuangbon, expressed gratitude to God for making the project a reality and urged other well-meaning Nigerians to take up the challenge as the government alone cannot provide enough educational resources for the millions of children in the country

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/june/27/national-27-06-2010-002.htm

Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2010
I saw the event yesterday on a tv station, his son made a whole lot of sense from his speak. IBB is a man with plans, just last week he was awarded a doctorate degree in law by the administration of madonna university, because of his effort to ensure the take-of of private institutions in the country. He is a man with dreams and vision for Nigeria, but the past, won't make him fulfill.
Let me make this point; my vote is for one man called "Goodluck Jonathan", do you know him?
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Ehoi: 7:31am On Jun 27, 2010
If what is written in the article is exactly what he said on telly, then you are easily impressed. Nigerians are easily impressed. Hear him, "those who benefit from the system should invest in education". How about those who benefit (steal) from the system should return the money back to government. In the bank scandal list, there were so many people with about N100 billion. That money is enough to tar all the roads in a city. But one man steal and sits on it and if you see the road leading towards his house, its in shambles. I expect all the roads in minna to be tarred with street light and drainage at a minimum. And oh yes, to be paid by IBB.

Acidosis:

I saw the event yesterday on a tv station, his son made a whole lot of sense from his speak. IBB is a man with plans, just last week he was awarded a doctorate degree in law by the administration of madonna university, because of his effort to ensure the take-of of private institutions in the country. He is a man with dreams and vision for Nigeria, but the past, won't make him fulfill.
Let me make this point; my vote is for one man called "Goodluck Jonathan", do you know him?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 27, 2010
Why did he have to send his son to BEG on his behalf ? Is he afraid of being bullied and cursed again like it happened in benin. . . . Nonsense
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2010
He will never get any chance,he his just joking
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by bkbabe97: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2010
olas2u:

He will never get any chance,he his just joking

I dont know dude. Ojukwu already promised him the votes of the Ibo nation!
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by isimili: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2010
I sense fear and desperation in that man's voice. Please keep a good eye and give him no chance at all. in order to for us to listen we need him to account to us for the missing millions. return whatever is left and apologise to us for everything he did during his time.

the good thing is that the number of replies and comments on the topic are so small that it is obvious that no one takes him seriously and he is going no where.

i cry for Miriam because i know that she would not have allowed him to make such fool of himself if she is still alive. IBB please go and finish mourning that girl before you jump up again to embarrass yourself with the impossible.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 27, 2010
bk/babe97:

I dont know dude. Ojukwu already promised him the votes of the Ibo nation!

Well ,my guy when it come to the igbo politician ,that is another strory,they betray a lot ,that is why they are not always taking seriously,but you cannot blame ojukwu ,IBB Government gave him  back is father,s houses after it was collected from him.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by bkbabe97: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2010
olas2u:

IBB Government gave him  back is father,s houses after it was collected from him.

And his houses was more important than getting justice for the millions of Biafrans that died fpr his stupid cause?
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2010
If there is going to be any group that is likely going to betray the Jonathan Project in the south, it going to be the Igbos.

Their attitude both on N/L and the top politicians form that part of south is nothing to write home about. At best their attitude has been lukewarm and at worst outrightly envious.

But trust me, at the end of the day, they will be disappointed. GEJ is destined to rule this country beyond 2011.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2010
I have this feeling that IBB wants to come back to redeem his tarnished image. He intends to erase his name from the dark side of Nigerian history. IBB wouldnt be that foolish to come back and destroy his image for a second time. But mehn,  Nigeria shouldnt be taking risks at this stage. Am not yet sure whether to give him my vote or not.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2010
^^^which image?. My gut tells me he is making and attempt to come back simply to come and take vegeance against people that he perceived has been making his stepping aside hell to live with.

Honestly, the thought of that man coming back is damn repulsive. For God sake, age is not on his side!

If he is the best that the North got to offer Nigerian, then they should have as well forget the presidency for now.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2010
@ilugunboy. May be you should add that as PART of his agenda and not his SOLE agenda for seeking a return.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by na2day(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2010
FORGIVE & FORGET? LET HIM FIRST RETURN ALL THE STOLEN LOOTS, BRING BACK M.K.O FROM THE LAND OF THE DEAD INCLUDIN ALL THOSE THAT DIED IN THE COURSE OF JUNE12, AND UNDO ALL THE CORRUPT TENDENCIES HE INSTITUTIONALIZED IN THE COUNTRY, THEN I MIGHT CONSIDER GIVIN HIM MY VOTE. OLOSHI OLORIBURUKU!
IMAGINE THE TEMERITY, THIS CAN
ONLY HAPPEN IN 9ja!
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by ikeyman00(m): 11:32am On Jun 27, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@

if daft IBB really believe  in Nigeria i can tell it simply na lie!!! over the years he could have been investing a lots in the project that by then 2011 come calling we will be begging him to take charges upon all the influcences hes got there arent nothing to show for it

that man should go to hell!!!! he really should and if u are down with him u too should go to hell

people like IBB should be running AIR nigeria in a bid to crash the premium prices for us oversea thereby winnig over a lot

this man makes whiteman god in the earth; he is a monkey

while people like okoacha could affod to debit £1,000,000 in nigeria bank this b astard does the other way

wonder if the shaira takes effect shocked shocked shocked shocked

forget what ojukwu said or not the igbo arent as daft as oduduwa that are in fond of believing the opposite

how many yorubas voted for obj?? how many yorubas went for the top jobs

how many igbos voted for ojukwu himself; how many igbos voted for mko

u see the problem with the yorubas is they tend to believe what doest exist; but there u go
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by kosovo(m): 11:43am On Jun 27, 2010
OMG, m GEtting so emotion down here . . OMG OMG, IBB 2011 cry
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@

if daft IBB really believe  in Nigeria i can tell it simply na lie!!! over the years he could have been investing a lots in the project that by then 2011 come calling we will be begging him to take charges upon all the influcences hes got there arent nothing to show for it

that man should go to hell!!!! he really should and if u are down with him u too should go to hell

people like IBB should be running AIR nigeria in a bid to crash the premium prices for us oversea thereby winnig over a lot

this man makes whiteman god in the earth; he is a monkey

while people like okoacha could affod to debit £1,000,000 in nigeria bank this b astard does the other way

wonder if the shaira takes effect shocked shocked shocked shocked

forget what ojukwu said or not the igbo arent as daft as oduduwa that are in fond of believing the opposite

how many yorubas voted for obj?? how many yorubas went for the top jobs

how many igbos voted for ojukwu himself; how many igbos voted for mko

u see the problem with the yorubas is they tend to believe what doest exist; but there u go
-how many yoruba with the calibre of ojukwu have openly declared their support for ibb.
- many yoruba did not vote for obasanjo because they knew him better even though the pdp/northern cabal imposed him on nigeria.it might interest you to know that he didnt win his ward
-i wouldnt know the number of igbo that voted for abiola but i can tell you that his vote came considerably from every corner of nigeria.tribe and religion were not able to stop him from winning.he and his vice are both muslims.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2010
Do you know how many people died during his period?,many people who were productive lost there business as a result of the devaluationof the naira,corruption,favoristim,nepotism and lots of things were not done right,from Nigeriaairways,To Nigerian shipping lines,To Nepa,Nitel,water,You cannot even write any letter to any government ministry and get response like other countries.

He ruined Nigeria for selfish reasons,Nigerian Doctors suffering in different parts of the world because their country could not fix them.

This man is insulting us
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by banom(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

If there is going to be any group that is likely going to betray the Jonathan Project in the south, it going to be the Igbos.

Their attitude both on N/L and the top politicians form that part of south is nothing to write home about. [b]At best their attitude has been lukewarm and at worst outrightly envious.[/b]But trust me, at the end of the day, they will be disappointed. GEJ is destined to rule this country beyond 2011.

Are you on drugs ? or just the benefit of cyber cafe in your area, your craps above is completly absurd.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^^ I will take that lightly.

why is so diificult on N/L these days for people to just restrict their comments to the issue at hand without resulting to insults?. I ve made a comment and if you are not comfortable with it, why not make a counter arguement or at best ignore me, is that too much. Pls i don't engage with insults and it not necessary you respond to my comment.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by banom(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

^^^ I will take that lightly.

why is so diificult on N/L these days for people to just restrict their comments to the issue at hand without resulting to insults?. I ve made a comment and if you are not comfortable with it, why not make a counter arguement or at best ignore me, is that too much. Pls i don't engage with insults and it not necessary you respond to my comment.

You have a very beautiful way you foolishly contradict yourself, you are saying that people should restrict their comments to the issue at hand, while you were the very first person who went beyond the topic of the trend to attack and accuse igbos, I am comfortable with your comment but so much worried about your propensity for vulgarity and absurdity in a public forum.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
eina:

I have this feeling that IBB wants to come back to redeem his tarnished image. He intends to erase his name from the dark side of Nigerian history. IBB wouldnt be that foolish to come back and destroy his image for a second time. But mehn,  Nigeria shouldnt be taking risks at this stage. Am not yet sure whether to give him my vote or not.

He wants to come back to redeem his tarnished image? How did you arrive at this? From this particular, probably tailored move? From his joining the PDP, the very party that has held the country hostage since the beginning of this new ruling system? From his continued need to align himself with the particular sector that is currently claiming it's there turn at the "throne"? From his past lack of real investment in Nigeria and Nigeria's education system? I mean how exactly did you start getting this "feeling" of yours?
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by EzeUche(m): 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2010
We Igbos do not vote in any cohesive group. We are too individualistic to be told by our so called leaders who to vote for. Seems like people do not understand the Igbo people. We actually do not even vote for our own sometimes, so I do not understand how some of these Yorubas and Northerners in this group will say we vote as one cohesive group.

We vote for the best person whoever it is, no matter where he comes from.

I will be voting for Jonathan and PDP in my home state of Abia due to the fact the I do not like PPA.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
EzeUche:

We Igbos do not vote in any cohesive group. We are too individualistic to be told by our so called leaders who to vote for. Seems like people do not understand the Igbo people. We actually do not even vote for our own sometimes, so I do not understand how some of these Yorubas and Northerners in this group will say we vote as one cohesive group.

I will be voting for Jonathan and PDP in my home state of Abia due to the fact the I do not like PPA.

Your vote will not determine the winner,the elites put people into power,so we need the support of ibo elites,not you.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by banom(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
EzeUche:

Dont tell me mum has not passed you a delicious sunday rice this afternoon, and that is why you have enough time to explain obvious things to animals.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by EzeUche(m): 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2010
olas2u:

Your vote will not determine the winner,the elites put people into power,so  we need the support of ibo elites,not you.

A person can have the support of IGBO elites, but that does not guarantee that they will have the support of the Igbo people. There is no such thing as an Igbo elite either, because we Igbos do not believe in the elitism of others Igbo. Not in our entire history.

Now do me a favor and say IGBO.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
This guy stop quoting me and thereby derailing this thread!!!.

Using annoying words like that does not make you anyhow smart.

Imaging dude calling people animals?. What sort of home are u from?

This is my last response to you.

If you like, as an Ibo guy, you and your entire household can vote IBB, that is your headache.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
EzeUche:

A person can have the support of IGBO elites, but that does not guarantee that they will have the support of the Igbo people. There is no such thing as an Igbo elite either, because we Igbos do not believe in the elitism of others Igbo. Not in our entire history.

Now do me a favor and say IGBO.

The only free elections in Nigeria was that of abiola,it was free and fair and it was a representation of the people,but what about obj,he did not win on the street of his house,he did not win his state,he did not win his region,but some group of people told him he will be the president,it came to pass,he spent 8 years.Yaradua did the same ,our votes did not count,obj said this is the person and it came to pass.Every place as a leader,so i guess you have leaders who will double as part of the elites.orji kalu got the govenorship for abia because he was a political player and elite memeber of that place.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by EzeUche(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

This guy stop quoting me and thereby derailing this thread!!!.

Using annoying words like that does not make you anyhow smart.

Imaging dude calling people animals?. What sort of home are u from?

This is my last response to you.

If you like, as an Ibo guy, you and your entire household can vote IBB, that is your headache.

In a true democracy, a person has the right to vote for whoever they please. Even if it is the fool IBB or some other northerner. Some of us will be supporting Jonathan while others will be voting for Pat Utomi and his small party.

Why must you tribalize this convo? What is the point of that Yoruba?
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by EzeUche(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2010
olas2u:

The only free elections in Nigeria was that of abiola,it was free and fair and it was a representation of the people,but what about obj,he did not win on the street of his house,he did not win his state,he did not win his region,but some group of people told him he will be the president,it came to pass,he spent 8 years.Yaradua did the same ,our votes did not count,obj said this is the person and it came to pass.Every place as a leader,so i guess you have leaders who will double as part of the elites.orji kalu got the govenorship for abia because he was a political player and elite memeber of that place.

And didn't Abiola receive a good amount votes from the entire Igbo populace? It shows that we Igbos support the best person, no matter what group he is from.

People have to fight for their vote! You see the people of Iran rose up against the Ayatollahs and the rest of the religious establish. Nigerians only enjoy the safety of their own homes instead of going into the streets. Now the northerners can get worked up into a frenzy and start rioting and attacking other groups, but they are used by their elite.

I am tired of hearing this crying nonsense. If you wont rise up, then I feel they have no right to complain about their situation.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by banom(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
EzeUche:

In a true democracy, a person has the right to vote for whoever they please. Even if it is the fool IBB or some other northerner. Some of us will be supporting Jonathan while others will be voting for Pat Utomi and his small party.
Why must you tribalize this convo? What is the point of that Yoruba?
Those guys are void of wisdom, i was in omagwa airport portharcourt three weeks ago before leaving for South Africa, before take off, we had a very hard political debate, and my Niger delta friends nearly crusified me for saying that i am not voting goodluck Jonathan if he contest next year, to them, every Igbo and Niger delta should trow a blind surpport to Goodluck Jonathan, they simply forgot that if the whole Igbo and Niger delta unite in surpport of Jonathan, will Goodluck win if all the northrners and yorubas unite in surpport of a nothern candidate. ? they dont know that politics is Busta Rhymes's game ( if you give it to me , i give it to you) every one depends on each other, presently, Goodluck Jonathan needs the Northerners more than the northerners needs him.
Re: Nigeria - Ibb Begs: Please Give Me Another Chance by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
banom:

Those guys are void of wisdom, i was in omagwa airport portharcourt three weeks ago before leaving for South Africa, before take off, we had a very hard political debate, and my Niger delta friends nearly crusified me for saying that i am not voting goodluck Jonathan if he contest next year, to them, every Igbo and Niger delta should trow a blind surpport to Goodluck Jonathan, they simply forgot that if the whole Igbo and Niger delta unite in surpport of Jonathan, will Goodluck win if all the northrners and yorubas unite in surpport of a nothern candidate. ? they dont know that politics is Busta Rhymes's game ( if you give it to me , i give it to you) every one depends on each other, presently, Goodluck Jonathan needs the Northerners more than the northerners needs him.

The northerner did not and cannot ever govern well,that is why people have this feelings ,by now we should have moved up to another level of what you have to offer,but with this Northerners you can never move the country forward economically.Well he needs the northerners because they are politicans and they do politics full time from morning to night.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Seeks Resolution Of Nigeria’s Structural Problems / The Kogi State Pdp Primary Election / Breaking News - President Jonathan Promises To Create UNEMPLOYMENT!! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.