Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

Shabbat Shalom All Y’all! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shabbat Shalom All Y’all! (344 Views)

The Shabbat Was Observed Before The Law Of Moses / Shabbat Is YAHUAH's Day (the Lord's Day), Not Sunday... Happy SUN-worship Day! / Even God Kept The Shabbat - Pastor Azubuike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shabbat Shalom All Y’all! by bobsage: 1:17am On Aug 26, 2018
Today is the 14th day of the month of ‘Elul’. During the entire month of Elul each morning, the shofar (ram's horn or trumpet) is sounded in Israel (and in synagogues worldwide)- it's a piercing, haunting sound, stirring the hearts of the hearers to seek G-d and repent of the sin in their (our) lives. http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Blessings/Blessing_Cards/shof2.mp3
The sound of the shofar is like our soul crying out to the Righteous Judge for grace and mercy!
The Talmud writes that the Hebrew word Elul can be understood to be an acronym for the phrase "Ani L'dodi V'dodi Li" – "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" (Song of Songs (Solomon) 6:3). Elul is seen as a time to search one's heart and draw close to God in preparation for the coming Day of Judgement, Rosh Hashanah, and Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur-From Wikipedia. It’s a time when the spiritual technology of ‘teshuva’ (repentance) is most auspicious. It a time to receive the messiah, Yeshua (Jesus). From Elul 1 to Tishrei 10 (Yom Kippur) is 40 days, it marks the period of the 3rd ascent of Moses to Mt Sinai, without food+water, after the ‘golden calf’ incident, and he came down with the 2nd set of tablets, a ‘(re)new(ed) covenant’, and atonement for the people, after their repentance was complete. ‘A prophet like unto Moses’ fasted for 40 days as well and brought us a ‘(re)new(ed) covenant’, and atonement, and much more...let’s get in on the spirit of the season! Shalom Bracha! All y’all!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Drop Your Prayer Point / The Transforming Process / Where Is Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.