Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? (13185 Views)

Why Is Peter Obi Not Talking About Restructuring. / Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / Atiku Not Sincere About Restructuring, Job Creation — Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2018
I'm just surprised, because we are supposed to put pressure on our leaders to adopt restructuring as the only solution in this country, because whatever they are doing right now won't work I tell you. It's like running round the same circle, Give States Back Their Power

46 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2018
the reasons the elites would not try talk about it, is because of resource control, every other issue like state police is possible. In southwest ; only Lagos and Ogun are economically viable, in south south; only Edo, Delta and Rivers, in North Central Only kwara, Non in North west,North East and South East. according to Economic development Magzine.
this simply means the day you stop giving out federal allocation from crude oil sales to these states, the system automatically collapse, teachers won't get paid and public schools would close down, similarly doctors, judicial staffs, prison workers, and all state and local government staffs. the royal fathers and kings also survive on the share of the local government allocation from abuja. without allocation how will osun and ekiti pay its external debt, not to talk of paying salary or maintaining infrastructure. I wonder were some region would get forex from to take to China, if the major forex earner is oil, Venezuela's case would be better than some region, while some region would instantly become new Dubai of africa.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by bosco2017: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2018
because Nnandi kanu has been silenced

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:05am On Aug 26, 2018
bosco2017:

Good Student of Nigeria Politics.

Nnamdi Kanu was the biggest problem of the Northern Cabal that have laid siege on the country since 1960. Because he exposed the deepest secret of the tactics being deplored by these cabal.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:06am On Aug 26, 2018
bosco2017:

Good Student of Nigeria Politics.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Lomprico2: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:
the reasons the elites would not try talk about it is because of resource control. in southwest ; only Lagos and Ogun is economically viable, in south south; only Edo, Delta and Rivers, in North Central Only kwara, Non in North west,North East and South East. according to Economic development Magzine.
this simply means the day you stop giving out federal allocation from crude oil says to these states, the system automatically collapse, teachers won't get paid and public schools would close down, similarly doctors, judicial staffs, prison workers, and all state and local government staffs. the royal fathers and kings also survive on the share of the local government allocation from abuja

Do u know the quantity of mineral deposits in d north??
If restructuring is done it will benefit all region in d long run.

These your excuse are a lazy man's/corrupt politicians own.

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Lomprico2:

am talking of immediate calamity, and feasibility of a project like restructuring, you're talking about solid mineral deposit that its value, quantity and market for it hasn't been established. do you know the British had to give concession for northern Nigeria to royal trading company because it was an unsuccessful colony, even after that they had to merge north with south for its survival. truth be told without sugarcoating it as it stands today, many can't survive without oil

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

am talking of immediate calamity, and feasibility of a project like restructuring, you're talking about solid mineral deposit that its value, quantity and market for it hasn't been established. do you know the British had to give concession for northern Nigeria to royal trading company because it was an unsuccessful colony, even after that they had to merge north with south for its survival. truth be told without sugarcoating it as it stands today, many can't survive without oil
Anyone who ttalks of restructuring would be alienated. Majority rely on crude oil proceeds for their loot and squander.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:37am On Aug 26, 2018
Buhari is not ready to restructure the country!

With a change in government come 2019, I believe the restructuring will be one if not the major thing to discuss!

We can't continue like this!

9 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Herdsmen: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2018
Why is the Southwest suddenly gone mute on regionalisms and Tru federalism..

Now if you shout restructuring..na Dem go first fight you..abuse you..with heavy insults before the north will come down with pythons and Crocs..

Maybe after 2019.. when the dullard don retire..
They will resume..

For now..all this na stories..

Shout restructuring and be an enemy of the state.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by dometome: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2018
because Nnamdi Kanu is no longer around

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by ignant: 9:58am On Aug 26, 2018
In 2016, the overwhelming cries from different sections of the country was that restructuring is better than dissolution. They were criss crossing the length and breadth holding farcical restructuring summits. The FG claimed to have set up a panel. So, what has happened now?

What fuelled the restructure fever at that time that is not currently a threat now? There lies your answer.

The hypocrisy of this British criminality should be studied in schools. Hahahaha.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Arda1000(m): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2018
kattytamer:

Anyone who ttalks of restructuring would be alienated. Majority rely on crude oil proceeds for their loot and squander.
how long do you think this stupidity is going to work?, civil disobedient is what fit dis shithole since they dont have good plans for me,u and our children if we dont speak the language they normally understand no one will take u serious u will just vote in somebody to come loot himself full but like i keep telling people if nija no divide asem divide so, if nigeria is only people of estern region it will be easier to hold the leaders accountable

15 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Efewestern: 10:01am On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:
the reasons the elites would not try talk about it is because of resource control, every other issue like state police is possible. in southwest ; only Lagos and Ogun is economically viable, in south south; only Edo, Delta and Rivers, in North Central Only kwara, Non in North west,North East and South East. according to Economic development Magzine.
this simply means the day you stop giving out federal allocation from crude oil says to these states, the system automatically collapse, teachers won't get paid and public schools would close down, similarly doctors, judicial staffs, prison workers, and all state and local government staffs. the royal fathers and kings also survive on the share of the local government allocation from abuja. without allocation how will osun and ekiti pay its external debt, not to talk of paying salary or maintaining infrastructure

I quite disagree with the report on south East, Anambra and Aba are economically viable, unless there is another definition of "economically viable", truth is, restructuring won't solve 100% of our problems, our major undoing as a country is corruption, too many clueless leaders at the helm of power, how do you expect such nation to grow?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 10:09am On Aug 26, 2018
you need to first explain what you want to restructure.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2018
Edoloaded:
I'm just surprised, because we are supposed to put pressure on our leaders to adopt restructuring as the only solution in this country, because whatever they are doing right now won't work I tell you. It's like running round the same circle, Give States Back Their Power

what do you mean by give states power....??...states already have power....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Okoroawusa: 10:21am On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

stop talking trash. Oil was a later discovery. The British survived on the resources from the North for decades. They simply added the South in 1914 so as to have access to the sea for exportation.

Read history you no go read.Na the one Nnamdi Kanu tell u,u go believe.
FYI,am Igbo.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by iammo(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2018
Okoroawusa:

stop talking trash. Oil was a later discovery. The British survived on the resources from the North for decades. They simply added the South in 1914 so as to have access to the sea for exportation.

FYI,am Igbo.

I am a Yoruba man and an omoluabi, and never will I listen to such personality like KANU, whose tactics is mainly spiteful. if you've truly read about Nigeria and its 45 years conquest by British, and subsequent years to pre independence you would know what am talking about. the main export commodity from Nigeria was Coal, other commodity like groundnut, kola and cocoa was by the way. and as a matter of fact the first set of railtracks and other infrastructure was as a result of Coal mining

15 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2018
Okoroawusa:

FYI,am Igbo.

restructure but corruption is still their....our mindset need to change....restructure will not help anything...may even make the situation more worser sef....
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by Okoroawusa: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

I am a Yoruba man and an omoluabi, and never will I listen to such personality like KANU, whose tactics is mainly spiteful. if you've truly read about Nigeria and its 45 years conquest by British, and subsequent years to pre independence you would know what am talking about. the main export commodity from Nigeria was Coal, other commodity like groundnut, kola and cocoa was by the way. and as a matter of fact the first set of railtracks and other infrastructure was as a result of Coal mining
I was referring to ur statement about the North. The British raped all parts of Nigeria for resources but were very much comfortable in the North. So don't say the British never took resources from the North. That is the impression am correcting you for.

BTW,History,Theology, Philosophy,Arts are the things I do for a living (don't wanna go too far about myself)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by otosa(m): 11:22am On Aug 26, 2018
Efewestern:

I quite disagree with the report on south East, Anambra and Aba are economically viable, unless there is another definition of "economically viable", truth is, restructuring won't solve 100% of our problems, our major undoing as a country is corruption, too many clueless leaders at the helm of power, how do you expect such nation to grow?
And I can tell you that the present system we are practicing is the major corruption that we should talk about first. Let me give u one example. In the oldest day in Southwest, if you steal and people catch you, forget all both your family and unborn generation are thieves but now just because of the system we are practicing if you steal billions from Abuja believe me people will welcome you with sing and drum. And Bode George is living example.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2018
Lomprico2:

then why don't southern ministers of solid minerals exploit it and show them let's see if they will control both solid and petrol without the country falling apart
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:30am On Aug 26, 2018
iammo:

we survived without oil
We will survive without it
Less than 3 million survive on oil out of 200 million

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by otosa(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2018
justtoodark:

restructure but corruption is still their....our mindset need to change....restructure will not help anything...may even make the situation more worser sef....
ok we should go use drug to do that. System is the first corruption that we need to cure and if you do not believe I will give u an example. Most of States been created in military government were created base on oil money is not those states can stand on their own and now I put it to you what will you call that system. Economy corruption is it?
Another is the law that do not allow the state to explore is resources while the people in that state are suffering, what the system will u call that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 11:36am On Aug 26, 2018
otosa:
ok we should go use drug to do that. System is the first corruption that we need to cure and if you do not believe I will give u an example. Most of States been created in military government were created base on oil money is not those states can stand on their own and now I put it to you what will you call that system. Economy corruption is it?
Another is the law that do not allow the state to explore is resources while the people in that state are suffering, what the system will u call that.

nobody is stopping any state from doing anything....

you think nigeria own bad....go western countries and see....you can not even mess sef without permition from the goverment....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by ayokellany: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2018
Edoloaded:

The reason if u care to know the truth is because the most irrelevant tribe in Nigeria is the one craving for it. When either of the two important one with balls speak up, it will come to pass.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2018
i have no slightest idea what to restructure...it can be even dangerous sef....when you have states that have people in it that declare a small child a witch and abandon it then its not a good idea.....
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2018
our mindset need to change.....not giving a shittt about the enviroment...disobeying traffick laws....

each of us have to change individualy...not restructure....

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by SarkinYarki: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2018
Because rather than discuss restructuring Northern hawks led by the evil Buhari would rather abduct and make Kanu disappear, a clear message that they wouldn't discuss restructuring

14 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by justtoodark: 11:47am On Aug 26, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Because rather than discuss restructuring Northern hawks led by the evil Buhari would rather abduct and make Kanu disappear, a clear message that they wouldn't discuss restructuring

but that guy was a basstard...we are happy that that animal is gone....
Re: Why Is No One Talking About Restructuring Anymore? by phase1: 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
Of course, restructuring was just a tool deployed by almajiris and executed by yorobbas to distract IPOB.

You'll hear the m0rons say 'why can't IPOB and Kanu just abandon Biafra and embrace restructuring'. Lie mohammed the yoruba propagandist and his online minions were the propagators of restructuring as a farce to destroy the Biafran agitation, it didn't work so they had to invade Biafraland to kill youths, today yorubas are no longer talking about it as we rightly predicted. I can easily predict yoruba political temperament.
It's a pity the kind of animals Biafrans live with in the contraption. grin grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: The Time For A Total War On Terror Is Now / New Naira: Tinubu Didn’t Direct Govs To Disregard Buhari – APC PCC / Police Apologise To Amaechi; Restore Orderlies For Top Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.