Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach (12766 Views)

What Do You Have To Say About Nigeria's Coach, José Peseiro So Far? / Rohr: I would Have Won AFCON With Super Eagles In Cameroon / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Ritzy10(f): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Gernot Rohr, has revealed he rejected lucrative offers from some countries after the 2018 World Cup in Russia to stay with the Super Eagles, The Punch quoting Completesportsnigeria.com.

The likes of Clemens Westerhof, Bora Mulitonovic and Lars Largerback all left unceremoniously following Nigeria’s exit at respective World Cups.

Rohr, who extended his contract with the before the World Cup in Russia guided the team through a successful qualifying campaign but came under scrutiny after the team failed to progress beyond the group stage with just a win and two losses.

There were calls for Rohr to be sacked, but the NFF have decided to back the German tactician.

“I got good offers from countries who were at the World Cup, but in the end I decided I want to continue working here in Nigeria,” Rohr stated during his interaction with the media in Lagos on Friday.

“I like the team we have here and the NFF has made the environment very conducive for me, so I don’t see any reason why I should leave now.

“I hope this team will be better in future and it is important to continue the good work we started.”

Rohr will be hoping the Super Eagles qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon after missing out in the last two editions.

The three-time African champions will face Seychelles in their AFCON qualifying game on September 7 in Victoria.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/gernot-rohr-i-rejected-good-offers-to-continue-as-nigeria-coach/

3 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by zinnydan(f): 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
That's very good of you sir,you're really a patriotic citizen

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Merimental(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
i tink d eagles can win d nations cup again cos dis man seems to understand African football well judging 4rm d last world cup qualifiers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
zinnydan:
LMAO grin you believe him undecided

4 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by zinnydan(f): 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
ThatIjawBoy:
LMAO grin you believe him undecided
we believe buhari,why shouldn't we believe him

29 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
zinnydan:
we believe buhari,why shouldn't we believe him
I never believed in buhari undecided

9 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Baawaa(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
“I got good offers from countries who were at the World Cup, but in the end I decided I want to continue working here in Nigeria,” Rohr stated during his interaction with the media in Lagos on Friday.

“I like the team we have here and the NFF has made the environment very conducive for me, so I don’t see any reason why I should leave now.

“I hope this team will be better in future and it is important to continue the good work we started.”
That is power of fighting corruption,this country shall be great again
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by princechurchill(m): 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
So u think that our Edo sister we gave to you as an appreciation na fancy

She don cook your brain with egusi soup na chieftaincy tittle remain

17 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
He said "Good" not "Better" offer

4 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
Patriot of the Year!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by baby124: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
Na lie. Please pack your load and go. You failed woefully at the World Cup. It’s Nigerians that allow this nonsense when we don’t give our local coaches opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by dazzlingd(m): 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
He be like say this bros don dey proud
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by oluwasegun007(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
You better don't send them away am yet to sign your current extension ...

My birds told me Burundi and Madagascar are showing Interest.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by bamasite(m): 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
We want the nation's cup. Simple!
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by dlaw70(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
Citizen ?
zinnydan:
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by tiredoflife(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
This one na coach
Someone wey no know who to play for world cup
What a waste
Why do I think most of this coaches are told to undermine African teams in the world cup angry

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by amaniro: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
There's something I like about this man wink
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Glink2018(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
I know you will leave to regret your decision. Bcoz Nigeria governments are ingrate.

But come to think of it o, your world cup selection get k-leg.

Igalo as a world cup stricker for me, is no-no.

You need to know the capacity of each player.

There are some of those players you took to world cup that are not world cup materials at all.

But history has been made. I score you 25% for your performance at the just concluded world cup.

Double your efforts

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
zinnydan:
patriotic citizen ke? Is he from abeokuta or what?
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
Naija ukwu no be surgery na. I trust my naija babes.....

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Better gan collect the good offer, NFF ain't loyal o.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
Vizzy4u:
patriotic citizen ke? Is he from abeokuta or what?

Lol! He's from Okokomaiko.
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
Vizzy4u:
Naija ukwu no be surgery na. I trust my naija babes.....
Lol. Your head dey dia
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
CHINE55:
Lol. Your head dey dia
i lie? Lekpa babes no go like ds
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by abbiboy: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
[/quote]
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=zinnydan post=70624104]we believe buhari,why shouldn't we believe him

U believe buhari...
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by abbiboy: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ritzy10:
Gernot Rohr, has revealed he rejected lucrative offers from some countries after the 2018 World Cup in Russia to stay with the Super Eagles, The Punch quoting Completesportsnigeria.com.

The likes of Clemens Westerhof, Bora Mulitonovic and Lars Largerback all left unceremoniously following Nigeria’s exit at respective World Cups.

Rohr, who extended his contract with the before the World Cup in Russia guided the team through a successful qualifying campaign but came under scrutiny after the team failed to progress beyond the group stage with just a win and two losses.

There were calls for Rohr to be sacked, but the NFF have decided to back the German tactician.

Rohr will be hoping the Super Eagles qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon after missing out in the last two editions.

The three-time African champions will face Seychelles in their AFCON qualifying game on September 7 in Victoria.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/gernot-rohr-i-rejected-good-offers-to-continue-as-nigeria-coach/

Franco-German now talking like a nigerianundecided

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by fredoooooo: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
Enjoy your maga money grin
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Nightmareo07: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
princechurchill:
So u think that our Edo sister we gave to you as an appreciation na fancy

She don cook your brain with egusi soup na chieftaincy tittle remain

Pls tell me something shocked
Who dem give am ooooh
Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by MYHUBBY: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
this man that always wave his hand like Lagos lastman while on pitch is here hyping hinself

you're in Nigeria whom their citizens buy anything you tell them

good offer ko best offer ni. those that finished with quarter final sef no get offer. you went to a world cup without taking good strikers along and you're here hyping yourself. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Malirossi: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
oga who beg you to stay?

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by frubben(m): 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
hahahhahahha mumu dey lie for yourself. good offer ko

2 Likes

Re: Gernot Rohr: I Rejected ‘Good Offers’ To Continue As Nigeria Coach by Fitbillionairep: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
u must be an idiot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney Sacked As Birmingham Manager / Fernando Torres Announces Retirement From Football / Kano Pillars Wins Nigerian FA (aiteo) Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.