Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

What If Nigeria Does This.....? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Nigeria Does This.....? (823 Views)

Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew / Bashir El-Rufai On #EndSARS: Nigeria Does Not Begin In Lagos & Ends In Abuja / Flashback: Nigeria Does Not Need 72-Yr-Old Grandfather As President – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Nigeria Does This.....? by isnovic(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2018
In case you missed it: Ethiopia inaugurated Africa’s first $120 million waste to energy facility last Sunday.

hashtag
#Reppie Waste-to-Energy in
hashtag
#Ethiopia will produce 25 megawatts a day. It will address
hashtag
#pollution and
hashtag
#environmental
hashtag
#degradation.

with a better methodology to curb divers challenges. Ethiopia, like most African nations, has been facing a huge barrier in waste disposal in
The foul smell of mountains of waste has threatened the life of flora and fauna as well as residents.

The incineration plant in Addis Ababa will transform the economic outlook of the nation, drive the ease of doing business in the environment. The facility will incinerate at least 1,400 tons of waste a day, converting the landfill into energy. The project dubbed as Reppie was constructed to spearhead the nation into a climate resilient green economy, as most European countries are. https:///gqcbS7C

This is what thinking big means and what it means to think outside the box.

Imagine 6 of this structures without extended contract sum re-adjustment with a delivery date not more than 2 years.

Then forget power issues

#Fashola
#Ministry of Power and Transport
#Ambode
#Ojota refuse dump

Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by Asianguy(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
grin
Who will sponsor the bill
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by NobleRomm(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nigeria will be free from Solid waste.. Nigeria will be a good place to leave..
but my question is, When will Nigeria do this....
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by isnovic(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
NobleRomm:
Nigeria will be free from Solid waste..
Nigeria will be a good place to leave..

but my question is, When will Nigeria do this....

Maybe at 6 geopolitical zones, we maybe importing waste I guess as every Nigeria will refuse to dispose his/her waste.
Preferring to make money out of them now.

But if a will exist, a way to do this will emerge.
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by Arda1000(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
I heard ebonyi state won build such facility
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by isnovic(m): 6:32am On Aug 27, 2018
Arda1000:
I heard ebonyi state won build such facility

that will be splendid, as the refuse from Aba, Onitsha market can source cheap raw materials for them.

Simultaneously help clean these cities.

I am praying someone gets this across to the Minister of Power and Transportation for a look-in or at least for feasibility and engineering consideration.

We need this, 25GW * 6 will go a long way to solve the power problems and clean our cities for good.
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by Arda1000(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2018
isnovic:

that will be splendid, as the refuse from Aba, Onitsha market can source cheap raw materials for them.

Simultaneously help clean these cities.

I am praying someone gets this across to the Minister of Power and Transportation for a look-in or at least for feasibility and engineering consideration.

We need this, 25GW * 6 will go a long way to solve the power problems and clean our cities for good.

its not like they dont have the idea but doing something good for us is not their priority

1 Like

Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by isnovic(m): 4:05am On Aug 28, 2018
Arda1000:
its not like they dont have the idea but doing something good for us is not their priority

Right there is the truth.
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by Banmeallday: 4:09am On Aug 28, 2018
Ethiopia is a country that is very homogenous unlike the three or four countries trapped in a British creation. Just the mere citing of such a facility would even lead to fight....SO forget it
Re: What If Nigeria Does This.....? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Banmeallday:
Ethiopia is a country that is very homogenous unlike the three or four countries trapped in a British creation. Just the mere citing of such a facility would even lead to fight....SO forget it
Ethiopia is rather very heterogeneous (more than 80 ethnicities).

(1) (Reply)

Rumblings IN LAGOS- Over Ambode / See Channels Televisions Score Card For The Osun Debate / The Lies Against Atiku's Companies Busted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.