Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,965 members, 7,848,906 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness (838 Views)

Elizabeth Ironbar Is Dead (Cross River Lawmaker Dies) / John Abah Is Dead! Kogi Lawmaker Dies / Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2018
Cross River lawmaker, Simon Egbong, who represents Ikom II Constituency at the State House of Assembly, is reportedly dead. 

The Cross River lawmaker who battled a protracted illness that has seen him travelling off-and-on India for treatment, died last night at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital. Cross River State Governor, Prof Ben Ayade, who reacted to the death of Simon Egbong, in a statement released on his behalf by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Christian Ita, described the death of the lawmaker as a “loss so painful to bear.”

“Hon. Nkoro’s demise leaves a sour taste in my mouth and ache in my heart. But then, we cannot question God. Him and only Him alone has prerogative over life.

“However, as a human, my heart is heavy, filled with sorrow. I agonise and mourn this death,” the statement quoted the governor.

While decrying that the late lawmaker “departed at a time his service to our dear state is most needed,” he described him as “a dedicated lawmaker, a consumate politician, a team player and loyal partyman, whose death is a huge loss to the people and government of Cross River state.”

The Governor who offered his heartfelt condolences to Nkoro’s family, colleagues and constituency, prayed God to grant them the strength to bear the irreplaceable loss, saying “we are together with you in prayers in this moment of unspeakable sadness.”

The late Mr Nkoro was a two term lawyer. It was also reported in May that a lawmaker, Stephen Ukpukpen, who represented Obodu State Constituency in the Cross River State House of Assembly, was dead. He was the Chairman, Public Accounts Committee of the assembly.

Ukpukpen was said to have gone for morning exercise walk this morning when he collapsed. An eyewitness said he was first taken to Bakor hospital and later to UCTH where he was confirmed dead.

https://lailasnews.com/cross-river-lawmaker-simon-egbong-is-dead/

Lalasticlala

Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Mynd44: 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Oceannaagent: 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
RIP, another to replace, life continues
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Davicjoe(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
RIP broda.
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by MYBLOCUS: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
RIP EGBON
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Sharpshooota: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
Buhari cannot fix any hospital in the country...

Not everyone can afford the kind of treatment his gets in London... Nigerians are dying everyday

Wicked man
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by UnknownQueen(f): 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
RIPE.... SORRY I MEAN R.I.P
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Sharpshooota: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
Oceannaagent:
RIP another to replace, life continues
UnknownQueen:
RIPE.... SORRY I MEAN R.I.P
Life is worthless in the country today....
I'm not surprised by this comments
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by UnknownQueen(f): 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Life is worthless in the country today....
I'm not surprised by this comments

LIfe is worthless bro...We are all living to die. Get that into your thick skull....
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by Sharpshooota: 6:56am On Aug 27, 2018
UnknownQueen:

LIfe is worthless bro...We are all living to die. Get that into your thick skull....

I agree with you.... Now go jump off a cliff
Die faster... Your life is worthless
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by UnknownQueen(f): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2018
Sharpshooota:

I agree with you.... Now go jump off a cliff Die faster... Your life is worthless
After U....Useless son of a Pig and LovePeddler...
Omo ale jakujaku...
Re: Simon Egbong Is Dead! Cross River Lawmaker Dies After Protracted Illness by SolutionMee: 7:54am On Aug 28, 2018
Any attempt by the devil to delay our election in 2019 by killing our lawmakers shall be prove abortive

Just as someone said up there, life continues

Nigeria politics continues

RIP

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sets To Appoint Northerner To Replace Kemi Adeosun / Breaking: Protesters Storm INEC Office Over Osun Election / Igbos Were One Of The Most Vocal Supporter Of Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.