Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style (30431 Views)

The Most Handsome Nairalander Celebrates His Birthday In Grand Style (Pictures) / Pictures As Abuja All White Pool Party Holds In Grand Style / Golden Guinea Breweries, Heritage Bank Power Imo State Biggest New Yam Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by buchilino(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lilimax:
New yam Festival! aka Onwa asato in NRI kingdom
Reminding me of my late granny Agumma! cry

Those roasted yam and red oil spiced with utazi leaf is always dope and good combo smiley

NNE TAKE AM EASY NOW, UR MAKING ME HUNGRY

1 Like

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by chubinwa(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
The beauty of Igbo race. God bless ya all in diaspora

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
omohayek:

Since when is it "crying" to state mere facts, as unflattering to some as they may be? And I'm glad you've now dropped the pretense that you're Yoruba and can speak on our behalf; this in itself reveals you as the shameless hypocrite you are, as I would never have bothered to comment on this thread if you had't attempted to insult Yoruba people under false pretenses. The only one truly guilty of "tribalism" here is you, for daring to make ridiculous generations about Yorubas in order to puff yourself up with false pride.
lọ ki o si kú jọwọ
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by nnokwa042(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
Kennydoc:

Oh, nwannaa! Mụ́nwa bụkwa onye Nnokwa. Esi m Nnaku.
thats good A.m. from isimgbede

1 Like

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by nnokwa042(m): 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
rock003:

I even heard that one-third of river Nile and half of Amazon River belong to you undecided
yes baby am gonna unleash amadioha on you men your fuccking rude to me my nigga if i catch you in California or los Angeles Am gonna woop your black asss you don't play with mean G like me am gonna use my glock 22 calibre in you niggu
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by itsCornie(f): 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lilimax:
New yam Festival! aka Onwa asato in NRI kingdom
Reminding me of my late granny Agumma! cry

Those roasted yam and red oil spiced with utajzi leaf is always dope and good combo smiley
pls don't tell me you from Nri,I'm tho grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by blackaxe78: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
nnokwa042:
aturu maaaa I said Austria not Australia

Kill is kill Mr.
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
tech18:

Ok na,I wish you d best

Ina miki fatar alkhairi
To... Godia ni ke yi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by tech18: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
zinnyzee:
To... Godia ni ke yi
welcome ,sister.Ki godewa Allah.
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Meta4element(m): 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Meta4element(m): 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
nnokwa042:
yes

Onye isi..Anam Ekeleooo...Abum onye Umuafor na Nnobi

1 Like

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Priceless200(f): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
United4greatnes:

The Igbo Union in Finland, the umbrella body of all the Igbo speaking people of Nigeria resident in Finland  celebrated their annual new yam festival "Emume Iwa Ji" on Saturday 25th, August 2018.

The union which is a registered Non Governmental Cultural Organization comprises of Nzuko Umunna Ndi-Igbo in Finland (Imo & Abia), Enugu Progressive Union in Finland and the Anambra State Association, Finland.

In Nigeria, the annual cultural festival by the Igbo people held at the end of the rainy season in early August symbolizes the conclusion of a harvest and the beginning of the next farming season. The celebration is a very culturally based occasion, tying individual Igbo communities together as essentially agrarian and dependent on yam.

This year's festival was attended by a large number of Ndigbo from all parts of Finland. The opening prayer was done by the chairman of the occassion, HRH Prince Idiagboff  who also spoke extensively on the agricultural growth and exploits in the eastern part of Nigeria, most especially in the area of yam production. The "iri ji"( New yam eating" festival which was filled with pomp and pageantry was anchored by veteran journalist, Chief Ike Chime.

The incumbent chairman of Igbo Union in Finland, Chief Barrister Simon Ekpa, in his speech, emphasized the importance of culture in nation building. He said " culture is the total way of life, through culture we are govern by norms and customs which are the pillars of any society.

According to the Igbo Union chairman, this year's festival is targeted at promoting multiculturalism within the Finnish society. He also sent a strong message to the Federal Government of Nigeria over the killings and continuous marginalization of Ndigbo in Nigeria. In conclusion, he urged Igbo governors and leaders to speak up against the marginalization of the Igbos and the genocide that is been perpetrated by the present government.

The climax of the event was the cultural dance display by various member associations that make up the Igbo Union in Finland. Also, the traditional chief's and elders danced majestically to the Igbo cultural music while the ladies added added icing on the cake with their glamourous dancing steps.

https://www.diasporareporters.com/igbo-union-in-finland-celebrates-new-yam-festival-in-grand-style/

Is that Aunty Oluchi I just saw in that second picture. A very popular paragon of beauty from my village, Amucha. Wow ! I use to view her as a goddess while growing up then.

Good one, culture is life.
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Meta4element(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=Meta4element
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by hollyray2016: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nonsense !!!
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by nnokwa042(m): 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
Meta4element:

Wow thats cool sir...Am from Nnobi
nnobi umuagu abom? grin
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Meta4element(m): 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
nnokwa042:
nnobi umuagu abom? grin
Mbaoo..Umuafor...but my mom is from Umuagu
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Meta4element(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
hollyray2016:
Nonsense !!!
Get off!! boy..No skull to mine here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by nnokwa042(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Meta4element:

Mbaoo..Umuafor...but my mom is from Umuagu
that cool
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by mide419: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:

As long as the powder will give you sense, it's allowed.

Now go and play with your mates.

Nnaaaa iwe di gi n obi
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by farem: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
This is when a whole race still identify with the fertility god of Philistines and Canaanites - ASHTORETH or ASHDOD . Jehovah, the LORD God of Israel always gives them up to be afflicted. by foreigners. I declare that "as for me and my house, we shall serve Jehovah"
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Metuh: 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
mide419:

Nnaaaa iwe di gi n obi
grin That guy bu aturu.
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Bambambiglo: 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
Metuh:
Later, some cone headed nonentites will say Igbos aren't united.

Unfortunately, we can't help them cos their case is already beyond redemption. grin

Igbo Amaka.

I can bet, more than 70% of them there are drug pushers.. smh

1 Like

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Metuh: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Bambambiglo:

I can bet, more than 70% of them there are drug pushers.. smh
Somersault into the lagoon acrobatically then. grin

It's not our problem

1 Like

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by CSTR1005: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
omohayek:

No, I "never reach Ghana", but I've managed to reach America, Canada, Australia, Denmark, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Sweden, Japan, South Korea and Thailand in the meantime, so yes, I think I'm more than entitled to brag. I'm not a desperate bush rat who thinks of countries like Ghana as representing some sort of paradise, and I didn't go to any of those countries to "hustle", or to engage in packing "containers" full of second-hand goods, and you will never see people like me in the "Crime" section of this website bringing disgrace upon Nigeria; we leave that sort of thing to you and your ilk.
The last time I checked, people like you dominate the most wanted list of the FBI and metropolitan police.
Check out their most wanted list, and it is always about a Yoruba man committing high level fraud.

shior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Malawian(m): 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
bigfat05:
Nigerians everywhere in the world
This my guy, you remeber me so?
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Lilimax(f): 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
itsCornie:

pls don't tell me you from Nri,I'm tho grin
I am from NRI nah smiley
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Mizwisdom(f): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2018
namio10:

Congrats.

Igbo in Finland - of all places.

While you can hardly find Nigeria's Hausa/Fulani even in Togo, but now find more and more Hausa/Fulani aplenty in all nooks and crannies of Igboland.

Is this not gradual dislocation of a tribe?

Something is fishy.

Igbos, rise and reclaim the land of our ancestors.

It's happening slowly but surely. Quite sad but when you read comments you will know that it's cause Igbos don't like Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Nickymezor(f): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
How nice ..Ndi igbo rock
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by sinbad042(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=United4greatnes post=70658254]
The Igbo Union in Finland, the umbrella body of all the Igbo speaking people of Nigeria resident in Finland  celebrated their annual new yam festival "Emume Iwa Ji" on Saturday 25th, August 2018.

The union which is a registered Non Governmental Cultural Organization comprises of Nzuko Umunna Ndi-Igbo in Finland (Imo & Abia), Enugu Progressive Union in Finland and the Anambra State Association, Finland.

In Nigeria, the annual cultural festival by the Igbo people held at the end of the rainy season in early August symbolizes the conclusion of a harvest and the beginning of the next farming season. The celebration is a very culturally based occasion, tying individual Igbo communities together as essentially agrarian and dependent on yam.

This year's festival was attended by a large number of Ndigbo from all parts of Finland. The opening prayer was done by the chairman of the occassion, HRH Prince Idiagboff  who also spoke extensively on the agricultural growth and exploits in the eastern part of Nigeria, most especially in the area of yam production. The "iri ji"( New yam eating" festival which was filled with pomp and pageantry was anchored by veteran journalist, Chief Ike Chime.

The incumbent chairman of Igbo Union in Finland, Chief Barrister Simon Ekpa, in his speech, emphasized the importance of culture in nation building. He said " culture is the total way of life, through culture we are govern by norms and customs which are the pillars of any society.

According to the Igbo Union chairman, this year's festival is targeted at promoting multiculturalism within the Finnish society. He also sent a strong message to the Federal Government of Nigeria over the killings and continuous marginalization of Ndigbo in Nigeria. In conclusion, he urged Igbo governors and leaders to speak up against the marginalization of the Igbos and the genocide that is been perpetrated by the present government.

The climax of the event was the cultural dance display by various member associations that make up the Igbo Union in Finland. Also, the traditional chief's and elders danced majestically to the Igbo cultural music while the ladies added added icing on the cake with their glamourous dancing steps
Mua bu Ozoego 1 of Igbo Land,Ezendigbo na Australia na asi na oga adiri Igbo nile na mma,ma ndi no n'ulo ma ndi puru apu.Anyi nile ga ebutesi ike site na aha Chukwuokikeabiama.Isee.On behalf of The Enugu State Progressive Union in Australia.I wish all Ibos success.
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by Jennifer89(f): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2018
The whole place looks neat wow! See the roasted yam seff
Re: Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival In Grand Style by vjohnson: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
IBO wayo wey don't spoil naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment A Lady Cashed Out 200k At Her Friend's Wedding Ceremony (video) / Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / 10k Smoking Competition By Plateau Youths (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.