Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

UK returns £70m to Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK returns £70m to Nigeria (19843 Views)

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock / 2020 Edo Election: EFCC Arraigns Man For Duping APC Of ₦70m In Borno / Abba Kyari Building A Mansion In Borno, Offered Neigbour ₦70m - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
As British Prime Minister Theresa May visits Nigeria and two other African countries this week, the country reported it had returned £70 million recovered from a Nigerian, who was convicted of fraud by an Italian court.

The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright, said in Abuja: “There was an Italian court case with a particular person involved. A portion the fund has been in the UK and that was the portion that was returned recently from the UK to Nigeria.’’

The envoy did not mention the identity of the Nigerian involved in the offence, but said more funds would be repatriated.

He stressed that his country was working with the Nigerian government to accelerate the legal process of returning the looted money.

“The British government has no intention of keeping one kobo of Nigerian funds in the UK. It all must come back to Nigeria.

“Just as in Nigeria, the UK feels that the judicial process is important, and we have to go through those processes before the money can be returned.”

According to ChannelsTV, Arkwright also confirmed that British Prime Minister Theresa May will visit Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa during the week.

May is expected in Nigeria on Wednesday.

May’s visit to Nigeria is part of efforts aimed at boosting post-Brexit trade ties.

May, joined by several ministers and 29 business representatives from various industries, will be on the three-day trip, Downing Street said Monday.

She will be the first British prime minister to set foot in Kenya since Margaret Thatcher in 1988.

“As we prepare to leave the European Union, now is the time for the UK to deepen and strengthen its global partnerships,” May said in a statement.

“Africa stands right on the cusp of playing a transformative role in the global economy,” she added.

“As longstanding partners, this trip is a unique opportunity at a unique time for the UK to set out our ambition to work even closer together.”

The delegation will land in Cape Town on Tuesday, where May will meet South African President Cyril Ramaphosa as well as business leaders and young people.

She will use a speech on the opening day to set out how Britain can bolster its partnership with Africa, “particularly by bringing the transformative power of private sector trade and investment from the UK”, her office said.

May will meet with President Muhammadu Buhari in the capital, Abuja and later on, visit Lagos.

On Thursday she will meet Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta.

The prime minister will then see British troops in training action and tour a business school, before concluding the trip at a state dinner hosted by Kenyatta.

Among those joining May are representatives of the London Stock Exchange, the Scotch Whisky Association and manufacturing firm JCB.

http://www.scandalnigeria.com/2018/08/28/uk-returns-70m-to-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by murphyibiam15(m): 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
the title should have been gov okorocha advises new APC chairmen in the 27LGA of IMO state to shun corruption like him

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Ever8054: 11:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
when he is one of the most corrupt human ever

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by SolutionMee: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2018
Due to one love that we all have for our President, I'll like to tell Nairalanders that on behalf of all Nigerians, i hereby declare that Buhari should use this money as his entitlement

The man tried so much cuz it's not easy to serve Nigeria with old age

And it's a great blessing to even have such an old man ruling the affairs this nation

What a privilege

The privilege of having him abusing the collective impression of our workaholism on international media

The privilege of demarketing us before the world and in the process, destroying the image of our country among the international society

The privilege of having him running for second term with renounced incompetence and underperformance

And finally, the privilege of having him drawing us back to the 70's

The century he loves and treasure most

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Butterflyleo: 7:53am On Aug 28, 2018
I carefully thought about who the owner of the 70m pounds which was returned is and the only one that comes to mind is the malabu scandal involving GEJ, Diezani and Dan Etete.

Italy asked UK to freeze $81 million dollars which is a part of the main looted money and linked to Dan Etete.

Converted to pounds, that must be the money.

GEJ and his looting crew.

I spit on GEJ, PDP and all they represent.

Looting our common wealth with so much impunity.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by gare(f): 8:06am On Aug 28, 2018
scnonline:
As British Prime Minister Theresa May visits Nigeria and two other African countries this week, the country reported it had returned £70 million recovered from a Nigerian, who was convicted of fraud by an Italian court.

The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr Paul Arkwright, said in Abuja: “There was an Italian court case with a particular person involved. A portion the fund has been in the UK and that was the portion that was returned recently from the UK to Nigeria.’’

The envoy did not mention the identity of the Nigerian involved in the offence, but said more funds would be repatriated.

He stressed that his country was working with the Nigerian government to accelerate the legal process of returning the looted money.

“The British government has no intention of keeping one kobo of Nigerian funds in the UK. It all must come back to Nigeria.

“Just as in Nigeria, the UK feels that the judicial process is important, and we have to go through those processes before the money can be returned.”

According to ChannelsTV, Arkwright also confirmed that British Prime Minister Theresa May will visit Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa during the week.

May is expected in Nigeria on Wednesday.

May’s visit to Nigeria is part of efforts aimed at boosting post-Brexit trade ties.

May, joined by several ministers and 29 business representatives from various industries, will be on the three-day trip, Downing Street said Monday.

She will be the first British prime minister to set foot in Kenya since Margaret Thatcher in 1988.

“As we prepare to leave the European Union, now is the time for the UK to deepen and strengthen its global partnerships,” May said in a statement.

“Africa stands right on the cusp of playing a transformative role in the global economy,” she added.

“As longstanding partners, this trip is a unique opportunity at a unique time for the UK to set out our ambition to work even closer together.”

The delegation will land in Cape Town on Tuesday, where May will meet South African President Cyril Ramaphosa as well as business leaders and young people.

She will use a speech on the opening day to set out how Britain can bolster its partnership with Africa, “particularly by bringing the transformative power of private sector trade and investment from the UK”, her office said.

May will meet with President Muhammadu Buhari in the capital, Abuja and later on, visit Lagos.

On Thursday she will meet Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta.

The prime minister will then see British troops in training action and tour a business school, before concluding the trip at a state dinner hosted by Kenyatta.

Among those joining May are representatives of the London Stock Exchange, the Scotch Whisky Association and manufacturing firm JCB.

http://www.scandalnigeria.com/2018/08/28/uk-returns-70m-to-nigeria/

FOR THEM NOT MENTIONING THE NAME OF THE PERSON IT MEANS THE PERSON MAY STILL BE IN THIS GOVERNMENT

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 28, 2018
sai baba lifeless cow grin another achievement for the lifeless cow after three years in office. Kai baba.

Buhari is the most mentally and physically lifeless individual i have ever met. He is too lifeless to lead any nation. - THE WHITE HOUSE, DONALD TRUMP 2018.

An aboki man's brain is one million light years behind a white man's brain.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by magoo10(m): 9:29am On Aug 28, 2018
I guess the lifeless buhari is protecting the image of the looter on the basis of national security. Buhari is a hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by magoo10(m): 9:31am On Aug 28, 2018
Butterflyleo:
I carefully thought about who the owner of the 70m pounds which was returned is and the only one that comes to mind is the malabu scandal involving GEJ, Diezani and Dan Etete.

Italy asked UK to freeze $81 million dollars which is a part of the main looted money and linked to Dan Etete.

Shatap if the toothless efcc have been proactive they should have been at the center of this discovery but hell no ,they have been turned to lifeless attack dogs who can only be used against perceived opponents.

It is only in buharis government that a looter is discovered yet his name cannot be mentioned.
Buhari is a hypocrite and fake anti corruption fighter.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2018
You mean UK sent their own election donation.

3 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by BUSHHUNTER: 11:09am On Aug 28, 2018
Abi this returned funds na radio? we dey hear we no dey see

5 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by QuickStandard: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2018
OK, hope its not only on papers?

We need to see it physically.

Butterflyleo:

I wish sense was transferable!!!

Anyways, you can sell your used inverter batteries to us at a very good rate.
Please check our SIG for contact. We can pick up from any location.

5 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Caspian22(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2018
FG should abeg find me £700.

How To Keep Your Toilet Clean And Hygienic

http://www.youmustgethealthy.com/2018/08/how-to-keep-toilet-clean-hygienic.html

1 Like

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by SEONaijaExpert: 11:10am On Aug 28, 2018
We should have it given as loans to SMEs and also as investment to the feasible ideas of the Nigerian youths
Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by oluwasegun007(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2018
Switzerland returned money e no reach my house...

U.K has returned their own, when will they credit my account,

The way they share N5000 on T.V, the thing na up north ooooo..

3 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Lordofthewest(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2018
Thanks abacha for helping us save for rainy day..Nigeria don receive another alert na only God know wetin dem go use the money do this time around.

5 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Monaco2(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2018
Dat money no go c light of day

5 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by omojesu202(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2018
from Nairaland you'll know joblessness is real among our youths.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Buffalowings3(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2018
MYND44ISANIDIOT:
sai baba lifeless cow grin another achievement for the lifeless cow after three years in office. Kai baba.

Buhari is the most mentally and physically lifeless individual i have ever met. He is too lifeless to lead any nation. - THE WHITE HOUSE, DONALD TRUMP 2018.

An aboki man's brain is one million light years behind a white man's brain.
It breaks my heart that I live in a country where citizens flops before the presidency because of 10000.
Are we so mentally daft that all we think of is now and never the future.
10000 that cannot feed an individual in a day.
Someone collected the 10K AND used it for birthday
Such a colossal waste.

10000 × 60million.
Don't forget the cuts for the oga at the top
Millions of dollars the would have plugged our electricity generation deficit.

Are we mentally OK?
I don't even know anymore.
I'm sure the person above is not.

Nairalanders go to access bank on Saturday to collect your 10000
Since we live ina jungle, I won't hold it against you if do collect it.

The governance we experience today,is a projection of how some people in this country live.
Living for now, content with life so far there is food in the stomach----the MEGIDA experience.

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by kennypoju04: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2018
Election money loading...

UK why now,why not after the election....

Things to soon unfolds

1 Like

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by lagdmark(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2018
£70m from is nothing, it's just from one senator or a governor. They should return £7 Billion

1 Like

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2018
Butterflyleo:

you this hausa muslim, is it ur oil money? i spitt on buhari n his fake corruption fight

3 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by abbaapple: 11:17am On Aug 28, 2018
angry

Ex minister from Ipob Republic lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by brexit: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2018
KUDOS PMB,WE ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOUR REELECTION COME 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by AJOT99(m): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2018
Thank you!
Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Houseofglam7(f): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2018
Earthbound:
You mean UK sent their own election donation.
God bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by omocalabar(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2018
money that will soon be returned to them thru medical tourism....mtcheew

BTW...Lai Mohammed. shud we be expecting Trump's name on the next looters list,?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by uuzba(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2018
omojesu202:
from Nairaland you'll know joblessness is real among our youths.

What do you want them to do?
Do you have employment for them? Or are you the type that will refuse to pay THEN pour acid on the person again?

You spend all your energy and happiness buying and using imported goods. Which local industry have you supported? You probably love seeing people selling gala in traffic jam. Dangle the guy's N50 with your left hand and make him run 1km chasing your car to get his money hoping that he is hit and mauled to death by a tipper.

4 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2018
LOST AND FOUND, I GUESS?
Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by Koolking(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2018
magoo10:
Shatap if the toothless efcc have been proactive they should have been at the center of this discovery but hell no ,they have been turned to lifeless attack dogs who can only be used against perceived corrupt opponents.

It is only in buharis government that a looter is discovered yet his name cannot be mentioned.
Buhari is a hypocrite and fake anti corruption fighter.

You missed the word in bold

3 Likes

Re: UK returns £70m to Nigeria by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2018
Fraud. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Departed Yokohama, Japan For Abuja. / This Is The Most Beautiful And Hottest Nigerian Newscaster Ever / N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.