Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole (4784 Views)

49 Senators Sign Against Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Impeachment / Modibbo Kawu In Hate Speech Against Saraki On Whatsapp / PDP Members Protest Against Saraki, Decamp To APC In Ilorin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Islie: 6:41am On Aug 28, 2018
*APC Senators kick against Saraki’s removal

*Rebuff Oshiomhole, insist Senate President did nothing to warrant removal

*APC Govs uncomfortable with party chairman

*As x-Edo gov makes silent retreat

By Mike Odiakose

Indications have emerged that the plot by the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, led by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole to remove the Senate President, Bukola Saraki has hit a brick wall as majority of the party’s senators have distanced themselves from the impeachment move.

Comrade Oshiomhole has been leading the campaign for the sack of Senator Saraki following his defection to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The move against Saraki got to a head about two weeks ago when hooded operatives of the Department of State Service, DSS laid a siege on the National Assembly which prompted the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo to sack the Director General of the DSS, Lawal Daura.

Nigerian Pilot gathered from very dependable sources close to APC senators that majority of the party’s senators are no longer on same page with Comrade Oshiomhole over the plot to remove Saraki.

According to our sources, in spite of monetary inducements and promises of automatic tickets, only about eight APC Senators out of over 50 are in support of the removal of the Senate President.

Some of the anti-Saraki senators include Abdullahi Adamu, Ali Ndume, George Akume and Ovie Omo-Agege.

It was gathered that over the years most of the senators, especially former governors, developed close relationship with Saraki beyond the chambers of the National Assembly. This relationship and close rapport cut across partisan party lines.

Senator Saraki’s management of the Senate since he took over in June 2015 is also working in his favour as he was said to have “carried along over 90 percent of the senators” irrespective of party affiliation.

Even Senator Shehu Sani who declined to defect with Saraki despite his strained relationship with Governor Nasir El-Rufai is said to be against the removal of Saraki saying “he has not done anything to warrant his removal.”

Some APC governors are also said to be working behind the scene to ensure senators from their states queue behind Saraki.

The APC governors are said to be uncomfortable with the “combative, aggressive dictatorial” leadership style of Comrade Oshiomhole.

The governors are of the view that Comrade Oshiomhole has compounded the internal crisis in APC and may lead the party to a woeful outing next year if he is not curtailed.

It was also gathered that APC national chairman is getting strong signals from APC senators that “he is on his own” in his bid to remove Saraki.

The former governor of Edo State is said to be beating silent retreat as failure stares him in the face in his bid to unseat Saraki and has been less vocal about the issue in almost two weeks.

However, Nigerian Pilot also gathered that despite the fact that the Senate President has over 90 percent of the senators behind him, he is not resting on his oars as he has continued to reach out to his colleagues in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

http://nigerianpilot.com/mission-impossible-apc-senators-kick-against-sarakis-removal/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:42am On Aug 28, 2018
According to our sources, in spite of monetary inducements and promises of automatic tickets, only about eight APC Senators out of over 50 are in support of the removal of the Senate President.

Senator Saraki’s management of the Senate since he took over in June 2015 is also working in his favour as he was said to have “carried along over 90 percent of the senators” irrespective of party affiliation.

So, Oshiomhole is hoping on eight senators to impeach Saraki? Oshiomhole be like pesin wey dey play for expressway.

But this Saraki sabi politics well, see as he dey dribble Buhari, Tinubu, and APC like Maradona.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46am On Aug 28, 2018
THE ART OF WAR! , Hmmmmmmm......

Corrinthians come and see something oooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by RockHard: 6:46am On Aug 28, 2018
How reputable is this 'Nigerian pilot' news source? Because lately, a lot of fake news merchants are littering cyberspace and cooking up and dishing all sort of lies as 'news'.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Nogodye(m): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2018
Are they blind when they are appending their signature for saraki to be remove.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by EmekaMD(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2018
I thought I was the only one seeing this idiotic Oshomole as annoying. So his own people see him as such too?

How else do they want it spelt to them that Saraki is clearly lightyears ahead of them all politically?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by DonCorleons: 6:49am On Aug 28, 2018
Lol
Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:50am On Aug 28, 2018
The APC governors are said to be uncomfortable with the “combative, aggressive dictatorial” leadership style of Comrade Oshiomhole.

The governors are of the view that Comrade Oshiomhole has compounded the internal crisis in APC and may lead the party to a woeful outing next year if he is not curtailed.
Some people called Oshiomhole "The Undertaker", they might be right you know

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by aolawale025: 6:51am On Aug 28, 2018
Its up to the senators. Not any political party telling them what to do

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Corrinthians(m): 6:52am On Aug 28, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

So, Oshiomhole is hoping on eight senators to impeach Saraki? Oshiomhole dey play for expressway

But this Saraki sabi politics well, see as he dey dribble Buhari, Tinubu, and APC like Maradona.

Saraki Is Maradona Of Nigeria's Politics
Chai. Today I confirm that some of these most avid supporters of PDP are totally naive when it comes to the "Art of War."

At the risk of giving y'all some wisdom when your naivety works to our own advantage, let me say this.

One of the most reliable strategies in war is the art of BAITING. You bait your enemy, draw them in, and smite them ruthlessly!

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

Now, given this news which you guys are likely to celebrate, and hopefully Saraki, it is our hope that his ego and confidence would be bloated beyond himself and he'd take a majestic walk into the chamber sooner than later, reconvening the Senate.... and there, my dear, is exactly where his "enemies" want him to be! wink

Make una wise o! Politics ain't for the naive!

Cc: .

You might wanna reconsider your comment. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by ivandragon: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2018
this issue will be conclusively settled when the NAss reconvenes...

right now, its unclear which way the wind blows...

5 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Caseless: 6:54am On Aug 28, 2018
Renovations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:59am On Aug 28, 2018
Corrinthians:
Chai. Today I confirm that some of
Some of .......?

3 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by jchioma: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2018
No wonder that midget APC chairman suddenly retreated from his onslaught, it was simply a battle he cannot win.

Levels get levels. Power pass power.

Saraki is the wing clipper.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by planetzoom: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2018
dont be deceived,this Nigerian pilot belongs to the kwara state government ,the removal of Saraki is so imminent,he will be impeached as soon as The NASS is reconvened,Minorities don't preside over majorities in Sane climes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Corrinthians(m): 7:04am On Aug 28, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Some of .......?
Done. Even made adjustments for the new appearance of your own comment. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2018
Corrinthians:
Chai. Today I confirm that some of these most avid supporters of PDP are totally naive when it comes to the "Art of War."

At the risk of giving y'all some wisdom when your naivety works to our own advantage, let me say this.

One of the most reliance strategies in war is the art of BAITING. You bait your enemy, draw them in, and smite them ruthlessly!

Now, given this news which you guys are likely to celebrate, and hopefully Saraki, it is our hope that his ego and confidence would be bloated beyond himself and he'd take a majestic walk into the chamber sooner than later, reconvening the Senate.... and there, my dear, is exactly where his "enemies" want him to be! wink

Hmmmm, you are a man who sees the future.
That's why we will always have huge respect for you.
It's not a propaganda after all , its all part of The Art of War!
Case close!
#RESPECT

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Flyingngel(m): 7:04am On Aug 28, 2018
Even though nigerian politician are nothing to write home about: i think saraki knws hw to play this dirty game.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by jared007: 7:05am On Aug 28, 2018
These senators want assurance of automatic ticket first b4 they remove Saraki. They are scared of deception. No one likes to be used and dumped

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Alejoc(m): 7:05am On Aug 28, 2018
Funny set of people.... I wish many Nigerian are like me
Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by tuniski: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

They are right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by tuniski: 7:12am On Aug 28, 2018
planetzoom:
dont be deceived,this Nigerian pilot belongs to the kwara state government ,the removal of Saraki is so imminent,he will be impeached as soon as The NASS is reconvened,Minorities don't preside over majorities in Sane climes.

NASS will reconvene at the due date and nothing will happen to saraki.

APC are babies in governance and politics.

4 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:14am On Aug 28, 2018
Corrinthians:
Done. Even made adjustments for the new appearance of your own comment. grin
OK.
Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by tuniski: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2018
Corrinthians:

One of the most reliable strategies in war is the art of BAITING. You bait your enemy, draw them in, and smite them ruthlessly!

Reverse psychology!

6 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Firefire(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2018
I laugh Oshi-Omo-Ole and his gang of professional looter's party called APC to scorn.

[s]
Corrinthians:
Hear an elder talk. I guess even this comment here is intended to give Oshiomole "no peace", according to your teenage standards.

Fire, please grow up.
[/s]

What is the above Zone-B talking about...?

8 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Firefire(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

The shortman devil with mouth diarrhoea passed as the undertaker for APshit.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by magoo10(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2018
It is common knowledge that APC senators are more loyal to saraki than the midget oshiomole .

My question to zombies who are shouting that saraki should reconvene and get impeached is whether na their father go impeach am ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Flyingngel(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2018
Cc: corrinthians
Concerning what you write up there; if you that have never contested for any political office knws all these hw much more saraki who have face political war not once and he will not knw all that you have written above or you are trying to tell me saraki will just enter this water with his two legs without testing it with one. I dont hold brief for saraki but i can tell you that what you knw is just a fragment of what saraki knws interms of nigeria's politics.
You only knw what they want you to. Politics is more of physical than online comments.

5 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Corrinthians(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2018
Firefire:

The shortman devil with mouth diarrhoea passed as the undertaker for APshit.
Hear an elder talk. I guess even this comment here is intended to give Oshiomole "no peace", according to your teenage standards.

Fire, please grow up.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by gare(f): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2018
Islie:

*APC Senators kick against Saraki’s removal

*Rebuff Oshiomhole, insist Senate President did nothing to warrant removal

*APC Govs uncomfortable with party chairman

*As x-Edo gov makes silent retreat

http://nigerianpilot.com/mission-impossible-apc-senators-kick-against-sarakis-removal/

No wonder he has be quiet for a while, but when i said it the PATRIOTS IN APC, called saraki a thief that must be removed, no it is clear, December is still uploading, the GREAT SHOCKER IS COMING. 30K NO MAKE THEM REASON WELL AGAIN. PATRIOTS INDEED

3 Likes

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by vedaxcool(m): 7:31am On Aug 28, 2018
Corrinthians:

Fire, please grow up.

grin grin grin grin operation elder must grow up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Kick Against Saraki’s Removal, Rebuff Oshiomhole by Corrinthians(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2018
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin operation elder must grow up
Firefire is disgracing some of us here. How a veteran like him came to this beats me. Did Jonathan make away with a critical part of his mind when he left Aso Rock? embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyetola Commissioned Iron pots (Aperin) to mark first year in office (photos) / Imagine If Its Buhari That Did This (photo) / Trending Photo Of Mr Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.