Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan (10858 Views)

Plan To Dump PDP: Deji Adeyanju Exposes Fayose, To Expose Others(Video) / Fayose's Statement On His Threat To Dump PDP / Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman, 100,000 Dump PDP For APC In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Limitednow: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
EMMANUEL Uduaghan, former governor of Delta State has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Mr Uduaghan, explaining why he took the decision to leave the PDP on which platform he governed the state, said his action was based on the interest of the Niger Delta region.

The former governor tendered the explanation in a statement entitled: “Moving On To The Bigger Playing Field,” on Wednesday.

Uduaghan’s defection is largely seen as an advancement of the APC into the region. The ruling party is seen harvesting former state governors from the South South geo-political zone.

Recently, the chances of the ruling party into the region was further boasted when Godswil Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom state now a Senator, took the same decision and left the PDP on whose platform he had served since his inception into politics.

Uduaghan said the toughest challenge for any leader in the Niger Delta since 1997 has been the issue of Peace and Security.

“Since the inception of the current All Progressives Congress, APC, administration at the federal level, there has been an encouraging interest and activities by President Muhammadu Buhari to bring a permanent solution to the Niger Delta crisis. This has pointed in a direction that is at once progressive and developmental,” statement of the former Delta governor partly read.

“There are also various human capital development programmes especially the school feeding and the “social security net” that is making 5,000 Naira available to the poor, the continuation of the YouWin programme, the various SME programmes, and several other projects across the region have brought hope to the people.

“Indeed, once Mr. President was able to set his priorities pursuant to creating an environment for peace in the region, it became incumbent on every well-meaning Niger Deltan and Nigerian to assist the process of building an economically prosperous nation,” he said.

Uduaghan linked his move into the APC as that of the biblical John the Baptist, noting that stakeholders from the state would soon join him in the ruling party.

“I am happy that after explaining some of the deeper issues to you, some of you that are politicians have agreed to join the APC in the near future. So I am going into APC as “John the Baptist” to the numerous Deltans that are coming in, soon – very soon.”

https://www.headlineng.com/niger-delta-interest-pdp-apc-uduaghan/

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Lomprico2: 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2018
See reason! undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Limitednow: 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Pubichairs(m): 12:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
don't worry when PDP takes over come 2019, you will see your self as Judas, dumb reason u gave here

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by IllegalMoney: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Limitednow: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
So whose interest was it when you were in PDP?

Some of you take silly decisions that could endanger your future political carriers.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by rozayx5(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thieves more like naija deta belle

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by kings09(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
U r now a saint cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Nathdoug(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
This ediot when loot delta dry
This guy built one of the best hospital in China
Now APC can park of their corruption fighting..
Stupid party..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Flamezzz: 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
They have started. There are few politicians who have the peoples interest at heart and Uduaghan ain't one of them.
Regardless of the party, these old men are same forget about their political interests; they still respect each other behind the scene.
I put it to y'all that even if PDP loses 2019 presidential election, Saraki might fly back to home base. There's no criteria of rejection in that citadel of looting...or is there?

With that said, I'll keeping praying "Dear God, you allowed Buhari to win in 2015 just to teach us a lesson. I swear Father Lord, we have learned the lesson, please don't let us repeat the class."

Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Mowoe(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
You are mad

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by kings09(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Limitednow:
So whose interest was it when you were in PDP?

Some of you take silly decisions that could endanger your future political carriers.

Na only Delta... grin
Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Frankbaro(m): 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Pavore9: 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
Or selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by funmilade4real(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Yes
you are on the winning side.

Congratulations...

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by bibiking7(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018

Yimu.

I only smoke kush so that the dealers won't go hungry.

10 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Bizibi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hehehehehe,big fish indeed!!

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
this guy is a clown

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Corrinthians(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
cheesy cheesy
Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by lilmax(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
if as a youth you still believe in APC and PDP then you are a big fool.....you guys keep complaining about what you can change

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Caseless: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
sad

Give it to baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Abfinest007(m): 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
ur selfish interest made u to join apc nothing else but remember delta is pdp and pdp is delta state

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
Pubichairs:
don't worry when PDP takes over come 2019, you will see your self as Judas, dumb reason u gave here

when you see people like uduaghan and Akpabio dumping PDP, you know it's because they know PDP cannot win in 2019

5 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
SEE THIS ONE HEAD LIKE TORTOISE JUST SAY FOR YOUR INTEREST ABEGI SOME PEOPLE SABI LIE PASS DEVIL SHA

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by czaratwork: 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
It's your file with EFCC that made you take that decision.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by tstx(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mumu Man
Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by Ekez(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Oga talk true,
That's where ur loot will be protected

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by gazilion: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
This Man is a liar.
It is your personal Interest that you consider not Niger Delta.
Since you've been Governor now for many years,
What have you really done for the Niger Deltans that should make us proud of you?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan by buharitill2023: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? / Akwa Ibom Assembly Passes Anti-open Grazing Bill / Plateau Speaker Swears In 9 Out Of 16 APC Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.