Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Heist In Paraguay | Police Rifles Replaced With Toy Replicas - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Heist In Paraguay | Police Rifles Replaced With Toy Replicas (750 Views)

Distributing Rifles To Civilians Shows Isreal Exhausted Military Men. / Robert Mugabe Sacked By Zanu-PF, Replaced By Emmerson Mnangagwa / Shocking Photos Of Protesters With Rifles After Killer Cop Was Discharged In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heist In Paraguay | Police Rifles Replaced With Toy Replicas by BruncleZuma: 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2018

Last week, police officers in Paraguay found that at least 42 battle rifles had been stolen from their armory and replaced with toy replicas. It’s unclear if a flag with the word “BANG!” written on it popped out of the barrels.

ABC Color first reported the discovery last Friday, saying officials were performing an inspection at the headquarters of the Department of Armaments and Munitions of the National Police when they found the toy rifles. More details emerged over the weekend when Paraguay’s Minister of the Interior Juan Ernesto Villamayor addressed the situation calling it, “a very serious criminal act.”

According to NPR, the total number of FN FAL rifles stolen now stands at 44, with an additional 90 small arms that have gone missing. The Brazilian-made rifles were reportedly being held in storage in Capiatá because they were considered obsolete. After authorities noticed “signs of irregularities,” an inspection was carried out and part of the weapons cache had been replaced with what was said to be Airsoft replicas. ABC Color obtained a photo of one of the imposter weapons.

The BBC reports that the inspection was prompted by the appearance of some of the rifles on the black market over a year ago. They reportedly sell for up to $10,000 and the stolen inventory is believed to have been smuggled into Argentina and Brazil. A report from earlier this year found that Paraguay and the U.S. are the two biggest sources of illegal foreign guns in Brazil.

The officer in charge of the facility where the guns were stored first assumed duty in January, and according to ABC Color, he admitted that he did not personally review an inventory list presented to him by subordinates. He has now been relieved of duty.

[img]https://racismandnationalconsciousnessnews.files./2008/11/police-repression-asuncion1.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://gizmodo.com/police-in-paraguay-discover-their-rifles-have-been-repl-1828652057/amp
cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Heist In Paraguay | Police Rifles Replaced With Toy Replicas by JoeLeyva: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Very useful post. I am felicitous to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains a lot ofreport. I always prefer to read The quality and glad I found this thing in your post. I found so many fascinating stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great post. airsoft guns assault rifles

(1) (Reply)

Watch: 10 Drone Attacks Causes Massive Fire At Two Saudi Aramco Facilities / We do not want to use our War Equipment, we want peace - Trump / Us 2020 Election Recount Georgia To Recount Election Ballots By Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.