Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,305 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar (11674 Views)

26 Rivers State House Of Assembly Members Who Defected To APC Have Lost / Top Five Senators Who Are Not Returning To The Red Chamber(pics) / Court Sacks Idongesit Ituen Who Defected From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by midolian(m): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
Bauchi State Governor, Mohammed Abubakar, says senators who recently left the All Progressives Congress (APC) in his state were merely playing to the gallery.

Addressing journalists after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, Mr Abubakar said the defection will not affect the fortunes of the party in 2019.

He added that the senators and their parties will lose in the 2019 elections just as they did in the recently held by-election in the state.

Senators Isa Misau (Bauchi Central) and Suleiman Nazif (Bauchi North) both left the party for PDP in July.

Mr Abubakar said even though the defectors ‘spent a lot of money in order to defeat the APC’ in the Bauchi South Senatorial by-election, the party came out victorious.

“I don’t want to boast but you know election is local. Some people want to come to Abuja and play to the gallery, and I am talking about the defectors. My answer is the congresses in Bauchi State along with other states in the APC and in many states that parallel congresses were conducted, because some members of the party were in opposition to the governors who were strong enough to conduct these parallel congresses.

“In Bauchi State, there was no single parallel congress that was conducted. Secondly, the 11th August election took place and the APC won resoundingly. Let me tell you that all of those people who decamped, including these two senators, rallied round and spent a lot of money in order to defeat the APC in the election but the results like I said is out in the public and we have won resoundingly, so I am sure the results of 2019 elections are not going to be any different.”

Mr Abubakar stated that the purpose of his visit was to brief President Buhari, who was out of the country on vacation during the by-election.

As part of what he discussed with Mr President, he said the party has more work to do to avert high rate of vote cancellation as experienced during the by-election.

“This is the first opportunity I have had since the election of 11th August to brief Mr. President because when the election took place, the President was away on short leave abroad and I just came in today to brief him adequately about what transpired in Bauchi.

“The results are out in the public and the APC won resoundingly in the election and I have told him that we have learnt a lot of lessons from the the election. For example, close to 200,000 votes were cancelled. This is an eye opener for us that we have to work very very hard and train agents very well to be able to safeguard this kind of situation,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/281762-senators-who-defected-from-apc-will-lose-in-2019-bauchi-governor-abubakar.html

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by bedspread: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
2019 no Far again

4 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by JudasNaCarrot: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
APC is filled with very bitter and lifeless people.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by bedspread: 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
2019 no Far again ...

There will be Shocking Events by certain Judases that will Be Fearful to Nigerians and Politicians...

GOD OF ISREAL IS IN TOTAL CONTROL

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by midolian(m): 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
And the man who was alleged to have made the "lifeless" comment is same man who doesnt last 3minutes in bed.. grin grin

Irony redefined!

22 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Shelumiel: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Rigging is the only way APC can win elections in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by midolian(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
Rigging is the only way APC can win elections in Nigeria.
Yea, just as you guys rig elections for the PDP on nairaland..

One misguided folk with over 20 accounts and making same number of misguided comments just to make some neutral persons believe the world is against the chosen one...

2019 will be a rough year for y'all

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by chriskosherbal(m): 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Year 2019 will really be interesting wooooow..
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Shelumiel: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
midolian:

Yea, just as you guys rig elections for the PDP on nairaland..

One misguided folk with over 20 accounts and making same number of misguided comments just to make some neutral persons believe the world is against the chosen one...

2019 will be a rough year for y'all
I am not a stalwart to any political party. ..okay .
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
......okay now.
Lets wait and see!
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by kolafolabi(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
He is entitled to his personal opinion...

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by fk001(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
True.

He is very much right, even the strong hold of PDP Bauchi south senatorial zone lost to APC in the recent by- election

Sai Baba kawai

8 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by strangest(m): 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
I will re quote this my comment soon... when he loses his governorship position

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by kindnyce(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sharap.when did you become a soothsayer?
I don't like chest beating, let's wait and see!

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by spartan50(m): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
If you like win America we are tired of apc and pdp. ..
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by wildchild1: 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
2019 is almost here

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by sureheaven(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2018
Many of them won’t even contest again..

They all rose on the popularity of PMB in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok. Time will tell.
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by sandland: 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:

Trump is very much alive to assaulting women.
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
Dem no dy tell the blind say e dy rain .
Na body go tell .

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by contigiency(m): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
Did he sleep with your mother for you to have known that.

Did you not read when your sister said so today? And that Trump has since refused to pay her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by ThegreatNET(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
HE IS NOT GOD THAT WILL DETERMINE PEOPLE'S DESTINY.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
strangest:
I will re quote this my comment soon... when he loses his governorship position
Lose wetin?
Joke of the year.
You must be a comedian

1 Like

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by WATCHOVER(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
APC will be shocked the way they would lose to PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Bodude504: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Sure
Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by ObaIgwe1: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
WATCHOVER:

There is not gonna be any shock coming from Bauchi State. Buhari has always won Bauchi.

Buhari and the governor are more popular than the 2 senators that defected.

And those senators defected because they knew they are not going to get return ticket under APC back to Senate because of their personal issues with their Governor who controls the party structure in the state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by Bodude504: 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
WATCHOVER:
you will be alive and congratulat APC

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by docadams: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
Did he sleep with your mother for you to have known that.

This is how to know an IPOB orphan. Very uncultured.. No wonder they see their parents as specimens fit only for rituals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Who Defected From APC Will Lose In 2019 – Bauchi Governor, Abubakar by gift2xl: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Dude don't make angry .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Katsina Government Deducts 3% Of Worker Salaries To Rebuild Burnt Central Market / Peter Obi & Datti Arrive Jigawa State For LP Presidential Campaign Rally (Pics) / What You Should Know If Arrested While Protesting In Nigeria #occupynigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.