Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi (4996 Views)

2023: APC, Labour Party Leaders In Lejja Collapse Structures For Ugwuanyi, PDP / Nnamani Urges Electorates To Vote For Ugwuanyi,others / The Artist Did It Out Of Love For Ugwuanyi - Ugwuanyi Campaign Organisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by Babygiwa(f): 1:15am On Aug 30, 2018
…Describe him as pensioner-friendly governor

Pensioners under the payroll of Enugu State government, on Wednesday paid a solidarity visit to Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi at the Government House, Enugu, in appreciation of his commitment to their welfare, in spite of the nation’s economic challenges.

The jubilant retirees, who described Gov. Ugwuanyi as “one of the foremost pensioner-friendly governor Enugu State has ever produced”, reassured him of their “absolute loyalty and support”.

In their address presented by the State Chairman of Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP), Comrade Damian Udeani, the pensioners, who turned out in large numbers said that the governor has “continued to pay us pensions regularly”, which they noted “is vital for our existence”.

They added that Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration in keeping with its commitment to their wellbeing, had approved the release of N100 million every month for the payment of backlog of accumulated gratuities “most of which you inherited from past administrations”.

They equally noted and appreciated the governor for reconsidering a verification exercise for pensioners who did not participate in the programme in 2016, stating that “these and many other kind gestures were why we gave Your Excellency an ‘Award of Excellence’ last December”.

Commending Gov. Ugwuanyi for entrenching peace, security and good governance in the state, the retirees said: “We shall not forget to mention that since you came on board, Enugu State has become the toast of people from other states. They regard Enugu as the most comfortable state among the Eastern states. People outside our state now spend their vacation in Enugu State. This is due to your good governance”.

Reminding the governor of the outstanding challenges some of them were facing, especially those under the payroll of the Local Government administration, the pensioner expressed optimism that the governor in his magnanimity, concern and commitment to their wellbeing would soon address them, accordingly.

“Your Excellency, we are the fathers and mothers of a large percentage of families in Enugu State and we assure you that our sons and daughters are equally strongly supportive of you and your government”, the excited pensioners declared.

In a brief remark, the Executive Secretary, Local Government Pensions Board, Hon. Nana Ogbodo, applauded the visit by the pensioners, disclosing that it was a demonstration of peace, security, good governance and commitment to the wellbeing of the pensioners in the state.

His words: “We are here to felicitate with a man who has given succor not only to the pensioners but has positively touched Enugu State in many ways, even in the face of scarcity. There is indeed no part of Enugu State that you go today you will not find Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s imprint staring you in the face.

“If you don’t see him from the roads he has constructed, you will see him from the peace we are enjoying in Enugu State or you will see him in the regularity of salaries and pensions he has paid”.

In his response, Gov. Ugwuanyi thanked the retirees for their solidarity visit, goodwill, unceasing prayers and support, reassuring the pensioners of his resolve to continue to serve them with the fear of God and also passionately cater for their needs. #amokelouis

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by Babygiwa(f): 1:17am On Aug 30, 2018
More

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:45am On Aug 30, 2018
The happiness of the indigenes is what really matters after all.
Good job Guv!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by massinola(m): 6:26am On Aug 30, 2018
Enugu is in God's hands. Ka anyi jebenu Enugu oohh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by Cryomancer: 6:41am On Aug 30, 2018
angry

Nigerians will never learn... the old ones have made mistakes and keep making it while the youths are even the worst, fighting over APC and PDP on every social media. Meanwhile both parties are just an open transfer of rogues.

I just hope the pensioners don't come come back crying to us that they haven't received their pension, after 2019 election.

When God wants to punish a nation, he gives them bad leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by imran147(m): 6:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Hmmmmm with love and hope enugu
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by TundeBricklayer: 6:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Babygiwa:
More
Osun pensioners in are dying embarassed embarassed

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by Temptee101(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2018

I miss 042

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by AroOkigbo(m): 6:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Respect! grin

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by wildchild1: 6:57am On Aug 30, 2018
Nice one

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by Angelawhite(m): 7:20am On Aug 30, 2018
See them looking fresh
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by MufasaRebirth: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2018
I noticed Igbo Governors have the interest of their workers/ pensioners at heart, I have never heard of their workers going on strikes or ranting over unpaid salaries, compared to my Yoruba Governors, na dem Dey owe salaries pass for Nigeria, I no blame them sha, I blame their followers, the suffering and shmiling people.

Okorocha no join the Igbo Governors, the guy is the odd one out !

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by 8stargeneral: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Everybody support u mr ugwuanyi, carry go.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by MufasaRebirth: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Osun pensioners in are dying embarassed embarassed

Osun
Ogun
Oyo
Ekiti
Ondo
I’m not sure if lagos state sha

Yoruba Governors no get joy na chop and go

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by kuuljay(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2018
MufasaRebirth:
I noticed Igbo Governors have the interest of their workers/ pensioners at heart, I have never heard of their workers going on strikes or ranting over unpaid salaries, compared to my Yoruba Governors, na dem Dey owe salaries pass for Nigeria, I no blame them sha, I blame their followers, the suffering and shmiling people.

Okorocha no join the Igbo Governors, the guy is the odd one out !
enugu graduate in civil service doesn't earn up to 30k, besides workforce is low..don't compare

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by justcallmenuel(m): 9:20am On Aug 30, 2018
Temptee101:
I miss 042
No be only you bros.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by Tinalex(f): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Babygiwa, could you please tell gburugburu to give an holiday to civil servants for collection of PVC's? Cos I sometimes wonder if he thinks about rudimentary stuffs like this....
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by valopotosky(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=MufasaRebirth post=70738437]I noticed Igbo Governors have the interest of their workers/ pensioners at heart, I have never heard of their workers going on strikes or ranting over unpaid salaries, compared to my Yoruba Governors, na dem Dey owe salaries pass for Nigeria, I no blame them sha, I blame their followers, the suffering and shmiling people.

Okorocha no join the Igbo Governors, the guy is the odd one out ![my friend, enough of.dis big o try.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by NCANTaskForce: 11:14am On Aug 30, 2018
They didn't go, He invited & promised them 5k each from the money he is generating from the lands he is stealing & selling as transport money, If they just paid the visit, They would be standing, This was the same way Gburugburu promised & demanded that all traditional rulers and their cabinet come & endorse him at Okpara square some months ago, Gburugburu is a crook that will sell off Enugu if re-elected.

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi by mechanics(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2018
post=70735514:
The happiness of the indigenes is what really matters after all.
Good job Guv!
Sure.

(1) (Reply)

See What Nation Newspaper Just Tweeted About Buhari's Northern Agenda / BREAKING: Pdp’s Diri Cannot Be Sworn In As Bayelsa Gov – Oshiomhole / USA 2020 Election : Biden Vs Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.