Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document (1738 Views)

Rivers: Document Showing Contractor soliciting Balance Payments Leaks (pix) / Photo Of 200 Year-old Sefer Torah Arrived Igboland From Israel After Kanu Arrest / FFK: "Nnamdi Kanu Kept On Naval Warship Off The Coast Of Bayelsa By Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Ofodirinwa: 5:00am On Aug 30, 2018
"...it has been suggested by missionaries and travellers that the languages spoken by the Ibibio, Efik, Andoni and others have all been derived from Ibo at some ancient period; also that there is a distinct dialectical affinity between the Ijo dialects of Oru, Brass, Ibani and New Calabar and the Isuama dialect of Ibo. Indeed, Dr Baikie of his Narrative of the Voyage on the Niger, expresses the opinion that "all the coast dialects from 'Oru' to 'Old Calabar' are either directly or indirectly connected with Igbo'" (i.e. Ibo), which latter, he states, Dr. Latham informed him is certainly related to the "Kafir" class, and he has but little doubt, when critically examined, that "Mitshi" and "Juku" will prove to be members of the same extensive family."

The Lower Niger and it's Tribes - Arthur Glyn Leonard

https://books.google.com/books?id=ULAWAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA35&dq=%22onitsha%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAj7iY3pPdAhUR26wKHRK5A-cQ6AEIPzAE#v=onepage&q=%22onitsha%22&f=false
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Ofodirinwa: 5:16am On Aug 30, 2018
"..both the Efik and Ibo tonuges abound in Hebraisms, while the construction of sentences, the verbal significations, the mode of comparison, are also typical of the Hebrew; and in the same way nouns, adverbs, and adjectives are formed from the single roots of verbs and other elementary parts of speech..."

https://books.google.com/books?id=ULAWAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA35&dq=%22onitsha%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAj7iY3pPdAhUR26wKHRK5A-cQ6AEIPzAE#v=onepage&q=%22onitsha%22&f=false
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 30, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
"..both the Efik and Ibo tonuges abound in Hebraisms, while the construction of sentences, the verbal significations, the mode of comparison, are also typical of the Hebrew; and in the same way nouns, adverbs, and adjectives are formed from the single roots of verbs and other elementary parts of speech..."

roger3d is coming to attack you.

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom gmbuharii greenback

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 30, 2018
What these evil people did to Igbos and their brothers, I'm telling you, these people will never go unpunished. Nothing good will ever come out from them especially Afonjas...I know they will enter this thread shortly. As Nnamdi kanu and historical books all state: Igbo is the entity from which all the Biafran tribes originated from. If you listen to all the Biafran tribes' languages, some words are Igbo words. Listen to Radio Biafra and listen to Ibibio speak, you will know what I'm talking about. Is it Ogoni? Ijaw? Efik? Just listen to Radio Biafra and hear for yourselves!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 30, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Igbo amaka.

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom gmbuharii greenback roger3d sarrki sarkin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 30, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
"...it has been suggested by missionaries and travellers that the languages spoken by the Ibibio, Efik, Andoni and others have all been derived from Ibo at some ancient period; also that there is a distinct dialectical affinity between the Ijo dialects of Oru, Brass, Ibani and New Calabar and the Isuama dialect of Ibo. Indeed, Dr Baikie of his Narrative of the Voyage on the Niger, expresses the opinion that "all the coast dialects from 'Oru' to 'Old Calabar' are either directly or indirectly connected with Igbo'" (i.e. Ibo), which latter, he states, Dr. Latham informed him is certainly related to the "Kafir" class, and he has but little doubt, when critically examined, that "Mitshi" and "Juku" will prove to be members of the same extensive family."

G.T. Basden devoted an entire chapter in his book "Niger Ibos" to this same topic.
Igbo amaka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Sarkin: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
I love igbos but God punish the jobless lazy aggressive idiotic pigs of Biafra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by ubaobi: 11:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
Sarkin:
I love igbos but God punish the jobless lazy aggressive idiotic pigs of Biafra

hate speech

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Odingo1: 1:27am On Aug 31, 2018
Igbo vs Hebrew

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Bluezy13(m): 1:55am On Aug 31, 2018
And the essence of this thread is to indirectly compel the Ibibios and Efiks to accommodate the mandate of the unreasonable agitating and directionless people called IPOB.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by justtoodark: 2:13am On Aug 31, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

even me as an urhobo guy know some igbo words.....sooooo what....

because i understand german makes me german.....?

we understand english...does that make us automaticaly english people....?

op,you making no sense....

i listened to anambra people....their language dont sound like igbo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OxUh72Vvs
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Ofodirinwa: 3:53am On Aug 31, 2018
justtoodark:

because i understand german makes me german.....?

we understand english...does that make us automaticaly english people....?

op,you making no sense....

i listened to anambra people....their language dont sound like igbo....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OxUh72Vvs

We have nothing to do with Urhobo. Please, face front

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Emycord: 6:59am On Aug 31, 2018
biafranation:
What these evil people did to Igbos and their brothers, I'm telling you, these people will never go unpunished. Nothing good will ever come out from them especially Afonjas...I know they will enter this thread shortly. As Nnamdi kanu and historical books all state: Igbo is the entity from which all the Biafran tribes originated from. If you listen to all the Biafran tribes' languages, some words are Igbo words. Listen to Radio Biafra and listen to Ibibio speak, you will know what I'm talking about. Is it Ogoni? Ijaw? Efik? Just listen to Radio Biafra and hear for yourselves!
whats the frequency so i can tune in to enjoy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Sarkin: 9:46am On Aug 31, 2018
ubaobi:

hate speech
you are confused.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by PFRB: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2018
immhotep:

G.T. Basden devoted an entire chapter in his book "Niger Ibos" to this same topic.
Igbo amaka.

I have been looking for this book. I saw it last in 1982 at the Africana section of UNN library. How can I get it.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by KINGOFTHEEAST: 11:22am On Aug 31, 2018
102.1fm radio Biafra frequency
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 31, 2018
PFRB:

I have been looking for this book. I saw it last in 1982 at the Africana section of UNN library. How can I get it.?
I bought mine on Amazon.com. The book is more or less out of print so we have to rely upon scanning and photocopying
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2018
justtoodark:

So it means that you have come in contact with Igbo speakers one way or the other.
Now, extend your argument to the Hebraic structure/words of Igbo language.
Remember to put aside hate and bad-belle as you do so grin grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga gmbuharii pointzerom greenback

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 31, 2018
PFRB:

You can download his second book "Among the Ibos . . " here >> https://ia802504.us.archive.org/9/items/amongibosofniger00basd/amongibosofniger00basd_bw.pdf
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by ozento: 11:45am On Aug 31, 2018
they re from the families of the camelons.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by LZAA: 12:05pm On Aug 31, 2018
immhotep:

So it means that you have come in contact with Igbo speakers one way or the other.
Now, extend your argument to the Hebraic structure/words of Igbo language.
Remember to put aside hate and bad-belle as you do so grin grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga gmbuharii pointzerom greenback
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Roger3D(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
immhotep:

roger3d is coming to attack you.

cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom gmbuharii greenback
I beg go siddon for gutter jare. You are not Jews, its as simple as that
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2018
Roger3D:
I beg go siddon for gutter jare. You are not Jews, its as simple as that
Nigger-Area talking points grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Validated By 200 Year Old Colonial Document by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
They have come again. Attaché by force, they have started again.

(1) (Reply)

MYSTERY: ' Bible's foretells The Political Life Of Atiku Abubaka - a must read r / Gumi To Buhari: Stop Talking About Corruption, Tell Nigerians Your Achievements / Apc @PMB2019 Women Rally In Kano Today. See Crowd. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.