Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana (10810 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Still Be Preaching Prosperity At This Time? / Benny Hinn:Am Guilty Of preaching Prosperity Outside what the Bible teaches / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Triniti(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2018
The amount of fake pastors and prosperity preachers in Ghana is enormous, you turn on the tv and almost 60 channels has one pastor or so performing miracle

3 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Lilimax(f): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2018
So they should start preaching poverty? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Trizzi:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/08/churches-preaching-prosperity-may-soon.html
All this Anti Christ have started Again, if u think church is Oil well. Oya open your own na. And be the G.O or branch Manager. Stop disturbing. Ur daddy freeze has open his on branch! So open urs
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Lilimax(f): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2018
LastDays777:
Glad people are now waking up to the fact that prosperity teaching is a false doctrine.
If it is, pray to remain poor and impoverish nah embarassed
No be curse o!
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Brains1990(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2018
Leave those churches alone Mr President. Let God deal with these churches cuz that is His work. Just concentrate on making Ghana an economic developed country.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by AnanseK(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2018
BruncleZuma:
Nah so this one take lose re-election...no one goes against the "church" cabal and wins.

These people he is talking about are not real church. They are con-men. Are you a learner?

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by BruncleZuma: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2018
AnanseK:

These people he is talking about are not real church. They are con-men. Are you a learner?
Exactly my point...

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by lightblazingnow(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

You ran away
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by kennypoju04: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2018
Best way to go

Same should be applied in Nigeria to boost our revenue generation
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Nike6: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2018
itu404:
He should shut up ! he bloody well know he is not a christian. that is why he vomits that
He is. Moreover, he's currently building the national cathedral
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by zabuur: 11:05am On Aug 30, 2018
If the news had been from Nigeria under this present government, the comments would have been...

How about mosques....

Buhari wants to islamize Nigeria.....

Don't mess with the men of God...

5 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by jaytee01(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:
It is a senseless move and it would not work out. This is a malicious policy been introduced because one president thinks some churches aren't aligning to his own definition of what churches should be. Members are already taxed of thrir earnings hence should not be subject to double taxation whether prosperity preaching or not.

In preparation for this all pentecostal churches should open off shore account in Cayman Island, USA and Switzerland and encourage their members to route payments directly there.
In such a case, we will support the government to crack down heavily on tax evading pastors and jail them if convicted.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by donnie(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2018
That's how you want to make things difficult for yourself.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by DidierDrogba: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2018
NextGovernor:
I wonder why Dangote who pays thousands of enployees through his sweat will pay billions of tax and a man of God who owe thousands of churches, schools and other business built with populace money with few staff will not pay tax but rake in billions monthly.
how many imam are paying tax?
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by HigherEd: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2018
jaytee01:
In such a case, we will support the government to crack down heavily on tax evading pastors and jail them if convicted.
That is tax avoidance not tax evasion. Tax avoidance is not a crime!
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by HigherEd: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2018
DidierDrogba:
how many imam are paying tax?
Help me ask the fool.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by babeosisi: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2018
Brains1990:
Leave those churches alone Mr President. Let God deal with these churches cuz that is His work. Just concentrate on making Ghana an economic developed country.

And we deal with yahoo guys but leave yahoo pastors to God
See logic

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Corrinthians(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2018
Ghana has some of the weirdest "pasters" I've seen my entire life. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by CodeTemplar: 11:20am On Aug 30, 2018
What a senseless thought from the president.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by KaptainAfrika: 11:24am On Aug 30, 2018
Oh crap, just when I want to go into business, I mean ministry...

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by KaptainAfrika: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Ghanian Presidents have made more sense than all the Presidents in Nigeria.

CodeTemplar:
What a senseless thought from the president.

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Jackipapa: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2018
darocha1:
The poor will still be the ones to provide the tax. Changes nothing.
#sad

More burden on the congregation, Tax seed loading...........

2 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Jaqenhghar: 11:28am On Aug 30, 2018
darocha1:
The poor will still be the ones to provide the tax. Changes nothing.
#sad
That one dey.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Sleekfingers: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
I know say this kind of topic no dey hard seun to push go fp, all of u attacking churches are headed for doomsday...una life still arrange well that's why fingers dey sweet Una to type

I repeat Christianity is a scam. Other countries are building factories. Nigerians are building churches. Let me ask you. How many churches are on your street?
I can count six on mine.
That's a nice move. Nigeria government should follow suit. Tax those mofos

4 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by ifyain: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2018
NextGovernor:
I wonder why Dangote who pays thousands of enployees through his sweat will pay billions of tax and a man of God who owe thousands of churches, schools and other business built with populace money with few staff will not pay tax but rake in billions monthly.
Dangote,s business is no different from the church, only this time the congregations are corrupt politicians and money launderers.
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:
It is a senseless move and it would not work out. This is a malicious policy been introduced because one president thinks some churches aren't aligning to his own definition of what churches should be. Members are already taxed of thrir earnings hence should not be subject to double taxation whether prosperity preaching or not.

The USA has prosperity preaching ministeries and does not subject them to taxation. But it's African nations who can't account for what they have that want to demand accountability from the church. How laughable...

In preparation for this all pentecostal churches should open off shore account in Cayman Island, USA and Switzerland and encourage their members to route payments directly there.

It is laughable my brother.

It is ignorance to think that taxing Churches will bring the Church of God in Nigeria down.

As a matter of fact, it will boost the income of churches more.

How? The rule of double taxation will make Offerings and tithes of members to become allowable deductions for Christians who provide evidence of payment to tax authorities.

The most to be pitied are the Christians and Churches who out of hatred for Pentecostal Churches are pushing for taxation of Churches thinking it will not also be applicable to them.

The Churches ignorantly supporting this will suffer it most because, even now that they are not being taxed, they can hardly meet up with their financial obligations. How much more when tax sets in.

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by dangoteinlaw: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2018
Sleekfingers:

I repeat Christianity is a scam. Other countries are building factories. Nigerians are building churches. Let me ask you. How many churches are on your street?
I can count six on mine.
That's a nice move. Nigeria government should follow suit. Tax those mofos
lmao I laff u, u know u are a real tool now. Worse of all ur user is unknown yet, even the so called daddyfreeze is also one.

For d record I don't attend any church infact my last seen in a church was 2009 but I'm wise enough to spot the handiwork of these terrorists and goat fuckers called Muslims

1 Like

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by oruma19: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2018
LastDays777:
Glad people are now waking up to the fact that prosperity teaching is a false do :Pctrine.
it is false doctrine! U are right. That is not the Christianity we used to know, as a matter of fact, Africans do not understand Christianity as a religion, they are just church goers whilst the smart ones amongst them are using it to make money.

3 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by omoelerin1: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:

The USA has prosperity preaching ministeries and does not subject them to taxation. But it's African nations who can't account for what they have that want to demand accountability from the church. How laughable...

Here is a fellow who profits from church business either directly or indirectly. He is already feeling threatened because the avenue of his means of livelihood is about to be affected.

He is very smart. He is already contemplating the possibility of opening accounts in foreign land because he wants to evade tax in the country where he makes the money.

Bunch of rogue people.
This is the kind of pastors that engage in financial scam.

3 Likes

Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by samjey: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2018
BUHARILONGNECK:
That is good development. We need it here in Nigeria. Tax all those mafia Adeboye, Oyedepo,Oyakhilome and the rest.

What is this one saying?
Re: Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 30, 2018
HigherEd:

Hmmmm! Your comment might be a side of the coin. Let us look at the other side of the coin. What about a business consultant who is giving services to business men, women, entities who are already paying tax? Will he not also pay tax? The question is this: Should I not pay tax because my clients are paying tax? Hmmm. And can you mention anyone making revenue from anyone who is not paying tax? What is the real definition of tax double payment?

These churches are rendering services to individuals and business entities in my own opinion. And the president even said that it will affect prosperity preachers only. It means that if you are a pastor, and your teachings are based on holiness, salvation of soul, you also take majority of your income for humanitarianism, and you do not live luxurious life like buying private jets, then, you can ride on free tax. But the moment you start using expensive cars, you live in a big mansion, you have private jets, then, you must be subjected to tax. I support him sir.

I think the law of every country differs. Most nations give tax holiday to promote new businesses so that new comers can gain ground easily. Also to non profit organisation. The question is that are these churches really non profit these days? They say it is non profit, but profit is generated to buy luxury. Hmmmmm.

A beg check out Vladimir Putin of Russia. Dem no born any church well make e no pay tax. Na prison the person dey use play. Americans with churches there are not complaining oooo. In fact, they obey the rule of law more than Russians when it comes to tax issues. They pay it well well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*****the Dangers Of Premarital Sex ***** / Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / Say A New Year Prayer For The Poster Above You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.