Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man (855 Views)

Yahaya Bello: ‘A Coward Thinks He Can Run, Hide’ — EFCC Makes Cryptic Post / Peter Obi Is A Corrupt Man. / Oshiomhole Calls Jonathan A "Zoologist From The Swamps Of Otuoke" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by Kingsmeal: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2018
From Zenithnaija.com

Its so funny how a sworn enemy in Nigeria Political circles suddenly becomes a saint and ally overnight just in a bid to gain one thing or the other.

In not too long ago, Senate President Bukola Saraki sent missiles of words towards the camp of former President,
Goodluck Jonathan . He called him the man that allowed corruption to thrive for 6 years in his ill fated administration and also he also said that GEJ was a man that wasn’t ready or probably did not have what it takes to be a President.

Speaking at a book launch in Abuja last year, Saraki said the former president was very laidback in the fight against corruption, particularly in the oil sector. He gave an instance of when he met with the former president to discuss the fuel subsidy scam and the unexpected reaction he got from Jonathan.

Speaking at the event, Saraki said;

“I think it is us Nigerians that produce the kind of leaders we get, he was not someone that was prepared for leadership. Yes, by misfortune or fortune I keep on saying, we all know the right things but we don’t do it. We find ourselves sometimes blaming individuals, blaming others than ourselves. I like to share one or two things that will probably summarize the former President Jonathan.

“I remember when I was then Senator and I came across this issue of fuel subsidy and the way the country was losing close to about N1.3 trillion. In the history of this country, I don’t think of any singular kind of level of corruption as huge as that. I had a motion already I wanted to present on the floor of the Senate.

I felt as a member of the ruling party at that time, it was only proper I discussed it with the President (first), maybe some action could be taken so that I would step down the motion. I booked an appointment to see Mr. President. I went with my paper. I started with the background of how people bring in petroleum products. I said ‘Mr. President, in the past people used to get award letters from NNPC to bring in PMS, DPK, and make 10, 20 per cent profit.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/throwback-to-when-saraki-called-goodluck-jonathan-a-coward-a-corrupt-man/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by markidoo(m): 10:16am On Aug 30, 2018
na dem
Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by Aonkuuse(m): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2018
and lazy youths will be celebrating their reunion. well I pray thunder kill all Nigerian politicians

4 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by vedaxcool(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2018
You know some comments are very oily

4 Likes

Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by Bella55555(f): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2018
now it is Bihari that is corrupt touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm

1 Like

Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by amaniro: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2018
I stopped believing politicians years ago
Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by fukushaki(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Tell am to go die
Ajoro jara joro
No brain no sense no work
Ajoro jara joro
Zombie o zombie, zombie o zombie
........God bless Fela for seeing the future
Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by Merimental(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2018
nw na dem dey rush Jonathan 4 him caban.
Jonathan is d good guy.nigerians now knw beta except 4 som clowns who wil always disagree wit facts
Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by Racoon(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2018
Politics is just an ironic phenomenon. embarassed
Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by SolutionMee: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2018
That's the beauty of democracy

There's mutual understanding in it

After all, majority of Nigerians know that Saraki is:

1 Like

Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by ClassicMG(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2018
Saraki the real tuface
Re: Throwback To When Saraki Called Goodluck Jonathan A Coward & A Corrupt Man by rexchazy(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2018
That is what the elite group have been using to to deface opposition.....Corruption

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Files 55million Naira Lawsuit Against Atiku For Plagiarism / PDP Shouldn't Go For A Rerun They Would Lose. Let Them Go To Court / Saraki’s Chief Of Staff, Others Docked, Remanded In Ikoyi Prison Over Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.