Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused (35678 Views)

[mp3] Saint Janet – High Life Pt. 1 / Janet Jackson First Heard Michael Jackson’s Hit Thriller While Sat In His Car / Janet Jackson Make Come Back With Yoruba Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by anjilgreat(f): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
Carlyboi:
step sister i dont know about that i know she is their lil sister plus they have a good bond...

Yes, she was their step sister and elder sister but not their little sister. She was also their PA until her death in the early 2000's when the bullet that was meant to kill her then boyfriend killed her.
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
Follygunners:

Your point, abeg?

Pls, don't forget to set up ur psychiatrist evaluation appointment asap! You'll need it! Thanks
Truth is you're the most hated guy on here and in your family.
You're so disgusting!
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Carlyboi(m): 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
anjilgreat:

Yes, she was their step sister and elder sister but not their little sister. She was also their PA until her death in the early 2000's when the bullet that was meant to kill her then boyfriend killed her.
Funny didnt even know she is dead i have known bout her since 2001 or thereabout...but then i thought maybe they were Nigerian until her sisters talked bout the story!but you are right
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by edupedia: 11:07pm On Aug 30, 2018
omocalabar:
Gold digger is back

Bad belle is bad....

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by mallamdutse: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2018
No. Mba. Oti o. She is from Dutse in Jigawa state. Her daddy and my mother na siblings. In fact, she spent the weekend with us in Dutse

Seriusly speaking, there are some lessons I want us to take from here

First, we need to appreciate our culture and language. I see very many Yoruba teenagers trying so hard to anglicise. You see Olamide turned to Horlamidey or some horrible things. Why don't you be proudly Yoruba and say Olamide. Another things I notice is people having 'hatred' for beautiful yoruba name. If you are not Peter, you are Praise or some other foregn names. Very many Yoruba families don't give authentic original names to their children. The same thing happens to our Muslim brethren. If you are not Abdullai, you are Mustapha or some other names. Names are not passport to heaven.

And lastly, the tribalism in Nairaland is appaling. A yoruba guy will not see anything good in an Ibo person. Hausa will prefer to bond with a foreigner than with their Nigerian folks. This is telling on this particular thread and in others. That song was critisised and demeaned mostly by other tribes. I am sure if the song was in Ibo (I mean the "Asiko Ope, Janet Ti De", other tribes would be kicking. What is good is good. I don't think this is good enough. Daddy Yankee is not a Yoruba guy. Listen to it and they sang it fluently. That is the amazing thing.

The terrible thing is that we don't seem to appreciate what is ours. This colonial mentality should be done away with.

Cheers
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by badman007(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2018
RoyalPriesthuud:
Nigeria is coined from NIGER (as in River Niger) + Area. Carry your conspiracy theory and be going.

What is NIGER COINED FROM?

DULLARD LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTH.

WHY DID THEY CALL GHANA GOLD COAST AND IVORY COAST?

KNOW WHAT Sierra Leone MEANS AND WHY ITS CALLED THAT?

I VISITED FLORA SHAWS FAMILY HOME IN WOOLWICH LONDON.

THEY HAD LOADS OF SLAVES BACK IN THE DAY, GUESS WHAT THEY WERE CALLED?
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by DaRuud(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2018
post=70748833:
The song kicked with yoruba drummers making some lyrics "Asiko Ope, Janet Ti De"

The gangan drums and the Ankara attires in the video are top notch.
This is quite IMPRESSIVE.
Who knows if the Jacksons are even from Iseyin in Oyo State.....who knows?! wink
The Jackson Family were related to Alao Akala
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2018
badman007:

What is NIGER COINED FROM?

DULLARD LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTH.

WHY DID THEY CALL GHANA GOLD COAST AND IVORY COAST?

KNOW WHAT Sierra Leone MEANS AND WHY ITS CALLED THAT?

I VISITED FLORA SHAWS FAMILY HOME IN WOOLWICH LONDON.

THEY HAD LOADS OF SLAVES BACK IN THE DAY, GUESS WHAT THEY WERE CALLED?
You think yourself wise, but you're the farthest from it undecided

earliest use of the name "Niger" for the river is by Leo Africanus in his Della descrittione dell’Africa et delle cose notabili che iui sono published in Italian in 1550. The name may come from Berber phrase ger-n-ger meaning "river of rivers".
wiki.

And seeing you had to resort to abuse to pass your message, carry your BITTERNESS and be going angry
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by seunfape(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2018
This is not Janet Jackson Pls
Re: Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused by Greenback: 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
statusquoante:
@wristbangle
It's language not dialect.

Proudly Yoruba... )

Proudly ewedu
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burna Boy Features Mother Bose, Sister Ronami Ogulu In “Way Too Big” Music Video / Ed Sheeran To Remix Fireboy’s 'Peru' (Video) / 13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.