Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 (1377 Views)

Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Beaf: 6:50am On Jun 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Plateau pledges 100% vote for Jonathan in 2011 [/size]
Tuesday, 29 June 2010 01:21 Horatius Egua

Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State has pledged to deliver 100 percent votes to President Goodluck Jonathan should he decide to contest the 2011 presidential election.
James Mannok, director of press to the Plateau State governor, said during a chat with state House Correspondents on Monday that Jang along with key political figures in the state were already mobilising the people at the grassroots to vote massively for Jonathan in the presidential election.

Mannok said: “I can assure you that as a people, we will support President Jonathan to ensure that he wins the 2011 presidential election with resounding victory. We will all give him our solid support and by the grace of God we are prepared to deliver 100 percent votes to Jonathan in Plateau state”.
Jonah Jang

“The state government will do all within its powers to ensure that people of the state vote massively for the president in the 2011 election,” he stated further.

Jang had recently disclosed that he would support the president should he signify interest in contesting the election as no provision in the 1999 constitution bars the president from contesting the presidency on account of his geopolitical zone.

Mannok said those canvassing the zoning formula were just whipping up sentiments but urged them to be conscious of the reality of democracy and subject themselves to public contest instead of hiding behind the zoning arrangement to cause political confusion.

According to him, “as a founding father of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and a member of its board of trustee, there has never been a time the leadership had adopted the zoning formula”, stressing that “what happened in 1999 was to take care of the exigencies of the time which then favoured the South-West”.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12197:plateau-pledges-100-vote-for-jonathan-in-2011-&catid=85:national&Itemid=340
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Beaf: 6:51am On Jun 29, 2010
!00%?!! shocked
We are praying for free and fair elections. Lets hope that was simply a play on words.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by na2day(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2010
oh, yes, sure. 100% Rigging
Jang should be arrested based on dat statement alone. No one, i mean no one can deliver 100% vote in a free & fair election.
I wonder whether our polticians have brains at all?
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by otokx(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
It should be 101%
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by redsun(m): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2010
Same jonathan that is planning to waste 50 billion of nigerian money celebrating depency.Same jonathan that is not bothered about the legitimate looting of nigerian senators in the name of salary and allowances.

Why is a country of 150 million people be left with the options of lesser and bigger rogues for leadership?
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Beaf: 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2010
redsun:

Same jonathan that is planning to waste 50 billion of nigerian money celebrating depency.Same jonathan that is not bothered about the legitimate looting of nigerian senators in the name of salary and allowances.

Why is a country of 150 million people be left with the options of lesser and bigger rogues for leadership?

When we get free and fair elections, all the current BS will be a thing of the past. There is little Jonathan can do to clear a den of vipers out, when everywhere he looks, there are only more vipers, he needs a team to help him break the iron grip of our corrupt political classes. Let the vast majority be voted out in free and fair elections and then we'll see.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Acidosis(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
100% vote? Is he going to force the people to vote for him or what?
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
The assassination of our democracy . . . no more need to be tactful about it.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by MrFire: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
Beaf, sorry to ask but are you a Jonathan arse-licker? What has been his achievements since he took over last year from Ag position?
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by bkbabe97: 6:20pm On Jun 29, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Plateau pledges 100% vote for Jonathan in 2011 [/size]
Tuesday, 29 June 2010 01:21 Horatius Egua

“The state government will do all within its powers to ensure that people of the state vote massively for the president in the 2011 election,” he stated further.

Dont see nothing wrong with the statement!!!
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Beaf: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2010
Mr Fire:

Beaf, sorry to ask but are you a Jonathan arse-licker? What has been his achievements since he took over last year from Ag position?

Please choose your words wisely. I'll give you the grace you are still being welcomed on NL.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by TMemos: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
Jang should please utilise his energy 100% to forestall further killings/riots in Jos instead of making statements that are 100% unrealistic.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by TMemos: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2010
redsun:

, this is why Nigerians must as a matter of urgency decide what to do with the country.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by xterra2(m): 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2010
This is Unacceptable!
100%? Wait this is a non-commitment to free and fair elections
Infact the maximum you can say a party gains in a free and fair election anywhere with 52 political parties is 60%
Mr Jang devote the "100%" and make sure Jos is peaceful
He should resign because of this, this is a very SERIOUS and DANGEROUS statement
Good Bless Nigeria!
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2010
Mr Fire:

Since Jonathan took over, have you heard of fuel scarcity?? Have you seen queues in gas stations??Have you bought fuel above 65 Naira since Jonathan took over In less than three months of his presidency Nigeria is finally on track.

My diesel consumption has gone down by over 70% since Jonathan took over. PHCN has improved dramatically.

Nigeria is back to serious reckoning on the international stage. Our respect is growing tremendously since Jonathan's take over.

His achievements are too many in this short period abeg. For me, the simple fact that he is taking steps to privatise electricity generation is enough for me to sing the guys praises.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by asunaobi(m): 12:06am On Jun 30, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Since Jonathan took over, have you heard of fuel scarcity?? Have you seen queues in gas stations??Have you bought fuel above 65 Naira since Jonathan took over In less than three months of his presidency Nigeria is finally on track.

My diesel consumption has gone down by over 70% since Jonathan took over. PHCN has improved dramatically.

Nigeria is back to serious reckoning on the international stage. Our respect is growing tremendously since Jonathan's take over.

His achievements are too many in this short period abeg. For me, the simple fact that he is taking steps to privatise electricity generation is enough for me to sing the guys praises.

Thats right! I think Nigerians should be patient with Jonathan. He seems to be on the right track. Though, if it was me I will start by cleaning up Nigeria the Rawlings way from 1960 till date. Our image abroad is now slightly aligned towards positive than before and there has been improvement in the availability of fuel.

He is still very new in the office and expecting a quick turn around from him in a country that is so rotten with idiots will be very unjustified.

Lets wait and see if he will be turning a new page or still be reading the same old page like his predecessors.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by paddylo1(m): 12:16am On Jun 30, 2010
I dont see anything wrong with the plateau state Governors statement. . .
its just a figure of speech. .of course it wont be 100%. . but he should get a majority in Plateau

Heck zik won plateau state back in 1980. . . so Plateau has always been cool with southern politicians
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by lokya(f): 1:13am On Jun 30, 2010
free the man pls
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by mamagee3(f): 1:16am On Jun 30, 2010
Jonathan Goodluck would be nothing more than a good for nothing clown as a president.

What innovative, tangible thing has he done since he took office? Nothing!

He only goes about doing interviews and answering questions about issues he knows nothing about.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Acidosis(m): 1:38am On Jun 30, 2010
mama-gee:

Jonathan Goodluck would be nothing more than a good for nothing clown as a president.

What innovative, tangible thing has he done since he took office? Nothing!

He only goes about doing interviews and answering questions about issues he knows nothing about.

imagine that
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by OAM4J: 2:09am On Jun 30, 2010
Excuse me people. Has Jonathan declared his intension to contest?

What agenda is he planning to implement? How does he intend to achieve them?

If he has not given answer to the above, I wonder on what basis someone is promising him 100% vote
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 3:26am On Jun 30, 2010
OAM4J:

Excuse me people. Has Jonathan declared his intension to contest?

What agenda [/b]is he planning to implement? How does he intend to achieve them?

If he has not given answer to the above, [b]I wonder on what basis someone is promising him 100% vote

On the simple basis that he is currently putting Nigeria back on track.
You are talking about[b] Agenda[/b]. Haba. Have we recovered already from the punishments meted out on us by YarAdua's seven point Agenda?

Abeg, we don't want agendas. We want action. Simple and short. No agendas any more. Just freaking get to work. And I think  Jonathan is doing just that.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 3:29am On Jun 30, 2010
When common sense goes out the front door . . . . .  be sure stupidity is probably sneaking in through the back
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 3:40am On Jun 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

When common sense goes out the front door . . . . .  be sure stupidity is probably sneaking in through the back
Common sense is for commoners!! Sometimes, to make a diffference you need to get rid of common sense.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by OAM4J: 4:13am On Jun 30, 2010
PapaBrowne:

On the simple basis that he is currently putting Nigeria back on track.

So Nigeria is now getting getting back on track . . . WHAOOOOO, This is news to me. tell me more.

PapaBrowne:

You are talking about[b] Agenda[/b]. Haba. Have we recovered already from the punishments meted out on us by YarAdua's seven point Agenda?

Abeg, we don't want agendas. We want action. Simple and short. No agendas any more. Just freaking get to work. And I think  Jonathan is doing just that.

Yaradua 7 point agenda is a punishment, undecided so on what agenda has Jonathan been performing his action or it is a case of 'as the spirit leads'

How do you follow or campaign for someone you dont know his agenda - (vision, goal, aspirations, targets, plan of action)? 
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by PapaBrowne(m): 4:34am On Jun 30, 2010
OAM4J:

So Nigeria is now getting getting back on track . . . WHAOOOOO, This is news to me. tell me more.

Yaradua 7 point agenda is a punishment, undecided so on what agenda has Jonathan been performing his action or it is a case of 'as the spirit leads'

How do you follow or campaign for someone you dont know his agenda - (vision, goal, aspirations, targets, plan of action)? 

Of course Nigeria is getting back on track. If you can't see the pointers, it surely isn't mine or Jonathan's fault.

Jonathan's Government is very pro private sector. Now for me that is all I care about. I believe the private sector would fix Nigeria. Trust me, I know what I mean when I say that.
I believe I understand Jonathan's ideological leaning. He leans towards the same school of thought as that of the likes of El Rufai, Ezekwesili, Duke, Soludo, OBJ and a host of others.
I only need to understand his ideological leanings to vote him in and not his agenda. His ideologies would form his agenda.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Kobojunkie: 4:38am On Jun 30, 2010
[size=14pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size]
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by koolboi(m): 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2010
@kobojunkie, beaf, bluetooth
u guys can choose to be ruled by dose dirty oppotunist almajiris (like the past presidents both living and dead) who drag nigeria to OIC and islamize all our ministries by wronfully elevating illitrates enthrnching mediocity and grossly enriching themselves while adding nothing to the economic well eing of the country

when will nigeria become a country where equity reins and merit is celebrated?

GJ is certainly closer to the answer noT a parasitic, bigotic and clueless aboki
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Beaf: 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2010
koolboi:

@kobojunkie, beaf, bluetooth
u guys can choose to be ruled by dose dirty oppotunist almajiris (like the past presidents both living and dead) who drag nigeria to OIC and islamize all our ministries by wronfully elevating illitrates enthrnching mediocity and grossly enriching themselves while adding nothing to the economic well eing of the country

when will nigeria become a country where equity reins and merit is celebrated?

GJ is certainly closer to the answer noT a parasitic, bigotic and clueless aboki

By the bolded, do you mean IBB is a "a parasitic, bigoted and clueless aboki?" Last time I looked he was Gwari, not Hausa - Fulani. He only wants to use the Hausa - Fulani as a ladder to reach his goal.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by koolboi(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
IBB dragged nigeria to IOC, dats an aboki mentality
they dont produce anything for the country yet thay belive that they are born to rule yet they use division among southerners to achive this many times
you wont know that fashola is a muslem unless u are told, his wife and kids are christians, would u immagine fashola dragging nigeria to IOC?
i have cousins that are muslems not bigots. thats the difference between northern muslems and yoruba muslems
what we hear about how they(hausa/muslems) start crises and ferment trouble killing christians in places like jos and kaduna shows that they dont love peace are not interested in one nigeria
its all about the oil

if only u guys know their agenda
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
oh, yes, sure. 100% Rigging
Jang should be arrested based on dat statement alone. No one, i mean no one can deliver 100% vote in a free & fair election.
I wonder whether our polticians have brains at all?

100% vote? Is he going to force the people to vote for him or what?

Jang should please utilise his energy 100% to forestall further killings/riots in Jos instead of making statements that are 100% unrealistic.

It either you guys are trying to be mischevious or too mentally lazy to understand the import and context of Jang statement.

As the governor of the state, he is a leader and can pledge the support of majority of his people to anyone that can further advance the interest of such people.
Re: Plateau Pledges 100% Vote For Jonathan In 2011 by jamace(m): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
It either you guys are trying to be mischevious or too mentally lazy to understand the import and context of Jang statement.

As the governor of the state, he is a leader and can pledge the support of majority of his people to anyone that can further advance the interest of such people.

You are right, comrade. cool

(1) (Reply)

Walking My Talk: A Cry For My Beloved Country – Patrick Utomi / Funny Fashola Political Cartoon / Why Salami Was Removed, By Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.