Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States (3600 Views)

Babangida To Jonathan-"mr. President We Are For You" / Babangida To Northern Governors:north Must Unite Against Any Southern Candidate / Maryam Babangida To Obj, Ribadu: No Condition Is Permanent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by kokoye(m): 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2010
It is hard for a hungry man to ignore food even when the plate is from the devil.

That is the problem with Nigeria.

A lot of people are ready to sell their votes. . . .they have seen others die by being stubborn and not selling.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2010
kokoye:

It is hard for a hungry man to ignore food even when the plate is from the devil.

That is the problem with Nigeria.

A lot of people are ready to sell their votes. . . .

And by setting up offices in 32 states, IBB is likely to get the votes of these so called hungry people who would rather live life in misery than go out proud and not haven fallen to the crumbs from the devil's table.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by redsun(m): 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

And by setting up offices in 32 states, IBB is likely to get the votes of these so called hungry people who would rather live life in misery than go out proud and not haven fallen to the crumbs from the devil's table.

You are becoming a rude boy now,good,you can feel the pain.It is painful to ruled by fools.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by CarlosVent(m): 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
i tink dis man needs to be sent to jail
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by temisafety: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2010
Dunno what IBB's advisers are doing. Facebook is the quintessential new platform for things like campaign and it's free!!! That's where I think IBB should start, not renting offices all over the place. Even a kindergarten child knows that. Anyway, it's kind of good for our unemployed youths as many have rightly pointed out; but it will be really really good for IBB to show [b]that [/b]his face to Nigerians and the whole world!!!!!!
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by kokoye(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Let us be realistic here . . go out proud, as in die proud??

Who cares how you die in Nigeria? . . .when you die, people call you silly, forget you, your spouse remarries, your children start suffering and life goes on.

So really, why blame the people who just want another blame to survive another day so maybe they can get their chance to make it in life??

When there is life, there is hope. When you die, you die!! Apart from our faith, noone is exactly sure what happens are death, so why not make the best outta life?

As long as you are alive, you can ask for forgiveness and change your ways. You cannot do that when you are dead. grin

This is why people will do anything to stay alive

Poverty is not a good thing. Poverty will cloud your judgement. Pray against it
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Jun 29, 2010
temisafety:

Dunno what IBB's advisers are doing. Facebook is the quintessential new platform for things like campaign and it's free!!! That's where I think IBB should start, not renting offices all over the place. Even a kindergarten child knows that. Anyway, it's kind of good for our unemployed youths as many have rightly pointed out; but it will be really really good for IBB to show [b]that [/b]his face to Nigerians and the whole world!!!!!!
When it comes to Nigeria, facebook campaigning is still not started yet. What the man is doing now is exactly what any serious contender ought to be doing. And that is getting to the people at the grassroots level, people who mostly don't know of internet talk less of facebook.
Considering who the man is, he does not need to show his face to anyone else but those who are willing to sell him their votes. The world can rut for all he cares because at the end of the day, what matters is controlling the AGBEROS and uneducated folks in our society. Once you can pay them off, you are likely getting the votes too.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2010
kokoye:

Let us be realistic here . . go out proud, as in die proud??
Who cares how you die in Nigeria? . . .when you die, people call you silly, forget you, your spouse remarries, your children start suffering and life goes on.
The very same happens even if you died after recieving pay off money. Only then you die knowing you sold the future of your children for a piece of silver. is that really better way to go then?
kokoye:

So really, why blame the people who just want another blame to survive another day so maybe they can get their chance to make it in life??
How many of those who have sold the future of their kids so they can survive another day have made it so far? Majority of them still go to their graves miserable, and even worse with the knowledge that the reason their kids may never have a chance at a better life is because they wanted to live one more day rather than die leaving them a better legacy.
kokoye:

When there is life, there is hope. When you die, you die!! Apart from our faith, noone is exactly sure what happens are death, so why not make the best outta life?
ROFLMAO!!! when there is life, there is hope? It is funny how this thinking rules in no other place but in Africa. The rest of the world instead believes on the most part that death is more honorable than life lived in deceit. How has that "when there is life, there is hope" crap been working out for us?
kokoye:

As long as you are alive, you can ask for forgiveness and change your ways. You cannot do that when you are dead. grin
This is why people will do anything to stay alive
Poverty is not a good thing. Poverty will cloud your judgement. Pray against it
And how many exactly ask for forgiveness and change their ways? How many?
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by kokoye(m): 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2010
^^^

That's why I said doing the right thing is very tough in Nigeria, because it is indeed a unique place.

I aint condoning doing the wrong thing to survive, but in Nigeria s-h-i-t money no dey smell. And this is why a lot have abandoned that country.

A few yrs ago, my elderly parents were going to vote. Some guys came to meet them on the way and told them to go back home if they valued their lives. They were told their fingers would be cut off if they did not vote for PDP.

Would you blame my parents for going back home safely . . or who wants to find out if their threat is true or not?
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2010
kokoye:

^^^That's why I said doing the right thing is very tough in Nigeria, because it is indeed a unique place.
No IT IS NOT! You have at least 2 governors doing the right thing in the same Nigeria and making head way too. We had people like Gani who spent decades doing the right thing in the same Nigeria. Gani knew everyday would probably be his last but he still continued. ENOUGH with the excuses already!
kokoye:

I aint condoning doing the wrong thing to survive, but in Nigeria s-h-i-t money no dey smell. And this is why a lot have abandoned that country.
poo money no dey smell for most everywhere else on this globe, not just Nigeria. Yet people find the way to do the right thing in other places and they can do same in Nigeria. No more excuses.
kokoye:

A few yrs ago, my elderly parents were going to vote. Some guys came to meet them on the way and told them to go back home if they valued their lives. They were told their fingers would be cut off if they did not vote for PDP.
Would you blame my parents for going back home safely?
I am not going to judge your parents but you, I am sure know what they ought to have done in that case. All I am saying is, people in that same country, though they are the minority are doing the right thing. What excuses does anyone else have not to do the right thing?
Gani knew he could have been taken out for what he was doing but yet he continued. Some like Ige were of course murdered in the end but that did not stop him from trying to do the right thing in the same Nigeria. We need to stop with the excuses already and do the right thing no matter what. In most every country on this planet, there are bound to be consequences to doing the right thing but people wake up each day to do the right thing, even when they know it could cost them their jobs, family, life etc. Nigeria is not Unique, so enough with the excuses already.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by redsun(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
In the true context of nationhood,nigeria is a non starter that is why we are having known thieves and rogues like babangida vying for the position of what is suppose to be the most honored seat in the land,and some nigerians even think it is away of creating jobs,what a disastrous and visionless orientation.

We haven't truly paid the price of nationhood,many more may have to die for us to see the light.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by kokoye(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am not going to judge your parents but you, I am sure know what they ought to have done in that case.

Honestly I do not know. What should they have done?
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
You tell me . . . they are your parents.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by kokoye(m): 7:37pm On Jun 29, 2010
Well, this seems to be going nowhere. But as we are having a mature and civil discussion, I will say my mind.

I think my parents did the right thing by peacefully going back home and making their displeasure and disgust known to the appropriate authorities through the phone.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by temisafety: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
Kobojunkie you are very right. Moreso, there is no thumbdown or "evil genius" or similar buttons to use on facebook. I think these are useful tools that facebook needs to seriously consider adding.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by mrkoma2012: 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
He should sit down silently in his villa in minna cos when he was in power nigeria digressed
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Aderupoko2: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2010
Meehn,see moni shocked.This is IBB's way of contributing to reduce unemployment in the country,may this god forsaken man continue to spend muguly (if there is any word like that).He surely is a genius that is EVIL grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by manosteel(m): 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
Did IBB forget something in Aso Rock? na wetin this man wan come do again for God sake! Yes he is a Nigerian, he has the right to contest but in this present Nigeria, when everyone is praying to move forward, i do not think we need people like IBB. There are so many unanswered questions surrounding his 8yrs rule: The missing gulf war oil money, June 12, Delegiwa, the 1984 coup etc.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by mamagee3(f): 12:23am On Jun 30, 2010
Babangida is the biggest posterboy for theft in the Nigerian Government. . .

I don't get how, why thieves like that gay steal a lot of money during their tenure and get away with it.

That thief shouldn't be near Aso Rock.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Buzman: 1:07am On Jun 30, 2010
If he likes let him set up office in HELL, he is doomed already.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by mamagee3(f): 1:20am On Jun 30, 2010
^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by OAM4J: 2:23am On Jun 30, 2010
BTW why offices only in 32 states and not 36 states and Abuja.

He owes every single state in Nigeria and Abuja - Its pay back time.

My advice is simple, poverty or not, Nigerians should collect as much as they can from him and on election day vote him out by voting for the right man. cool
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by supereagle(m): 5:30am On Jun 30, 2010
He must have avoided the core SW states, the issue of June 12 has not died down there. He killed Abiola . Bola Ige and Idiagbon. Notable Yoruba sons.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by bisiaet: 9:45am On Jun 30, 2010
I think this man called IBB must be seriously mad.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by oderemo(m): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2010
He killed Abiola . Bola Ige and Idiagbon. Notable Yoruba sons.
now come my friend, where did you get that BOLA IGE one from?
tell us what we did not know .
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by Pamperme: 10:25am On Jun 30, 2010
i will personally set fire on his office in Lagos. he shouldnt try it at all,

Oloshi Oloriburuku, Omo ale, omo irankiran, angry angry angry angry

i'd be waiting angry angry
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by hdwada: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
I beg make someone send the man letter bomb
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by swoosh(m): 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2010
If Obasanjo came back after 30 years, why cant Babangida come back. Im not his fan but he has all the rights to contest. Some of you wey dey make mouth here go still vote him kpa kpa when the chips are down
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by seanet02: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2010
We are waiting for him in Abeokuta.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by newintexas: 1:38am On Jul 03, 2010
BASTARD, THIS MAN MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL FOR WHAT HE HAS PUT US THROUGH AND STILL WANTS TO PUT US THROUGH, I HAVE NEVER WISHED DEATH ON ANYONE, BUT I AM VERY CLOSE TO DOING IT IN HIS CASE, BASKALEFOO
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by isimili: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2010
Interesting comments. My brother biggy4joe like Jamaicans will say it "you vex well well" i agree with you but looking at it from another angle, the man no go win anything, but because he stole so much from us, God is finding a way to make him pay back and if possible lose everything and get his name down in history as a disgraced thieving president who died penniless. The venture he is setting out on is very expensive and will cost him a bum. So lets support him and help him set up as many offices as possible from where some of our youths can get paid salary even for ten months before the election.
His comeback attempt shows how little these thieves think of us and how disrespectful they can become because of money. Lets hope that he lives to see to see his inglorious downfall on the d day.

that said i am urging Nigerians not to be aftraid to take money off him by way of direct remuneration for any work they may be assigned and which they agree to do for him or bribe of any kind. strange as it may sound i am a great believer in bribery from thieves like IBB. To me the money they are trying to bribe us with belongs to us and them. therefore they are only giving us or sharing with us what belongs to us and we are not doing anything wrong taking what belongs to us. However in return i believe that the only way to teach them a lesson and stop them from fooling themselves by thinking that they are doing us a favour by giving us back our money is to take the money and give our votes to people we believe have our interests at heart who did not give us a dime but only their word to serve us with their hearts and we know they can do it. next time fools like IBB will not bother to steal and lose it to us by way of bribery. Lets outsmart them.
Re: 2011: Babangida To Set Up Offices In 32 States by isimili: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2010
OAM4J I love your thinking and agree with you. yes they have to pay. I hope that he will find me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UN Honours 1, 500 Nigerian Soldiers In Liberia / Be Ready To Either Park Out Or Jump Out Of Aso Rock In 2015 - Northern Elders / Oil Activities Cause N160trn Devastation In N’delta – Kuku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.