Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,593 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Tennis Is Interesting Again! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis Is Interesting Again! (17364 Views)

Why Tennis Is A Great Sport To Bet On In Nigeria / London Olympics Tennis Final : Serena Willams Vs Sharapova / Tennis: Roland Garros 2011 (where Are All These Yeye Tennis Fans Self) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by frosting: 6:45am On Jul 30, 2007
I thinks womens tennis got boring after the william sisters fell off and all u heard was SHARAPOVA, SHARAPOVA, SHARAPOVA!!! embarassed
but now that theyre gettin back in it its gettin intersertin again now that serena claimed the australian and venus with wimbledon, although i have to say when u c serena holdin up her index finger and shes sayin she wants t be number one, i think its venus who does that more.
As for the mens, federer is the king on grass and will probably be for the next few years until he drops off and i think Nadal is gonna be the king on clay for a long time. I also think next year Nadal is going to beat federer for the wimbledon title seeing that Nadal has gotten better on grass with every new year and is gettin closer to beatin fed. shocked grin grin grin
next years gonna be intersertng for both the mens and the womens with djokovic rising up in the mens and the william sisters claiming the slams again. grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2007
Former world number one Lindsay Davenport has confirmed that she plans to return to competitive tennis at the WTA event in Bali in September.

The three-time Grand Slam winner announced she was quitting the professional game at the end of 2006 after struggling with a back injury.

Whilst away from the game she also gave birth to a son Jagger Jonathan and hinted it was unlikely she would return.
However, in recent months she softened her stance and has now decided the time is right to launch her comeback.

The 31-year-old said of the tournament in Bali: "I'm excited to be playing Bali once again.

"It's such a beautiful environment and everyone is so friendly and supportive of all the players. It's always a great week and a lot of fun.

"I've really enjoyed playing the tournament in the past and feel it's the perfect place for me to begin playing singles again."
The event in Bali is scheduled to get underway on September 10.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2007
if that is a great move is to be seen
i still rem Agassi. . . .
im glad US open will soon kick off, cant wait to see my gals and my switheart, Nadal kiss kiss
i hope Fedex don break leg shocked grin
and erm . erm. . . Henin break hand tongue cheesy
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2007
hi viee, longest time. . . . not much activity on the majors circuit!

not bad if she's still got sumthin' left in d tank 2 offer. . . better 2 have a crowded, quality field so challenges would be stiffer than have d williams run over everybody like they used 2 back in d days. . .
when's d US open due?
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
ya, RuuDie ( had to copy and best ur name, so i dnt mis spell it again grin), it has been a while!

as for d williams , thank God we know d real players and d back up players wink
d more crowded d beta for me
i love to see them whoop lots of chicks cheesy

US open is due August 9
cant wait!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2007
grin
thot u'd have gotten a hang on the ID after all those marathon sessions thru' French & Brits open. . .
what've u been doing in d absence of tennis?
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2007
Hmmmm interesting about Davenport
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2007
iice:

Hmmmm interesting about Davenport

u shocked shocked shocked

u do sports
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2007
grin grin I go wound you o! lol

Tennis i do yes

And some very few sports. . .but its not my main thing. . .

if you checked back, you'd see me on the first page lol
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

don't tell me u play too that would cap it all up. . .
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2007
Sadly i dont lol. . .i tried when i was in high school but strenuous sports are not for me grin

Swimmer i am and its all i do (well i can play football but strenuous for me) grin

And back to tennis. . . .Federer should keep reigning supreme! kiss grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2007
iice:

And back to tennis. . . .Federer should keep reigning supreme! kiss grin

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

King RAFA NADAL all da wayyyyyyy
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2007
angry angry grin grin grin When Federer retires, Nadal can take over grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2007
viee:

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

King RAFA NADAL all da wayyyyyyy

Seconded. . .  

i like Fed (with all his abilities and achievements he's a very modest chap) too but i like Nadal more.
heck i love all latino sports people. . . well, maybe not all sha!  grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2007
iice:

angry angry grin grin grin When Federer retires, Nadal can take over grin

shoo. . .
d'is babe harsh! na w'en Nadal d'on d'ey use walking stick na im u wan mey e become world no. 1 grin

u'll see it won't be long. . . starting from the US Open the Nadal is taking reins from Fed!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2007
lai lai. . .when Fed retires grin

I want another sampras regime tongue

Carry go, Nadal is still young. . .he still got time. And all that fire he displays on the court would be there when he gets older. . .abi you wan say hin no go dey good when he dey older tongue grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2007
RuuDie:

shoo. . .
d'is babe harsh! na w'en Nadal d'on d'ey use walking stick na im u wan mey e become world no. 1 grin

u'll see it won't be long. . . starting from the US Open the Nadal is taking reins from Fed!

u can say that again!!!!!!!!!!!!
even Roger himself knew KING RAFA cld have won d wimbledon. . . . was a close call
at US open, normalcy will be restored cool

iice, who are u routing for in the ladies?. . . please dnt say Henin!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
Sorry o. . .am loyal to the williams! Have always been! After them comes Davenport and i really don't care for majority of the females. . .

I prefer mens' tennis grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2007
why una d'ey beef Henin and Sharapova like d'is. . . me, my feelings 4 d williams' d'ey well documented.

as per Nadal, make im start d'ey win now so d'at im go surpass all d records wey all d past legends don set grin grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2007
Shara-wetin? grin grin That noise maker tongue. . .i usually lower the volume to watch her match. My mom doesn't like her one bit grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
iice:

Sorry o. . .am loyal to the williams! I prefer mens' tennis grin

the williams come first, second and lastttttttttttt
love them chicks!
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

RuuDie, i hate Henin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharapova i can manage since d williams always beat her tongue grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2007
iice:

Shara-wetin? grin grin That noise maker tongue. . .i usually lower the volume to watch her match. My mom doesn't like her one bit grin

make una leave d small fine gal alone jo. . . . if she had as much muscles as d williams, she wouldn't scream so much!

henin one step from being a white williams; a couple of push-ups and weights for some weeks and voila, she'll be there - all muscular!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2007
comon on RuuDie, Venus is not that muscular naw! angry cheesy
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2007
Abi o! Venus is lean and those legs! grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2007
shey until u look like Arnold Swarzenneger b'4 d'em go know sey u muscular. . . na true say venus lean small but w'en she strong d'at her hand ehn shocked

Serena own na end of discussion grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by doyin13(m): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2007
Men make Nadal and Federer run far. Like say na only them two dey play tennis.

By the way, you ladies, una no hear Djokovic talk say he go strip naked whenever he wins his first grand slam.

Would have thought that would have you rooting for him.

Abt Daventport. She has a replacement already now. Ivanovic plays so much like her its unreal. Improvement in the looks department as well.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by iice(f): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2007
Really? Strip naked? grin tongue Oya will be rooting for Djokovic to win only once grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by viee(f): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2007
@ Doyin

say whattttttttttt?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
sori Nadal wink . . . . just one grand slam for Djokovic grin
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by doyin13(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2007
and the guy seems to b a showoff.

he tested the waters at wimbledon when he threw his shirt to the crowd.

had navratilova swooning

and consider she is not that way inclined
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2007
una go wait tey-tey 4 d Djoko strip tease. . .  

me i d'ey fear Baghdatis mo' than most of the male playas; Canas na my second favorite outside Fed 'n Nad!
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by doyin13(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2007
@ Ruddie

I don't know abt Baghdatis. His serve is not that good. He is not the most athletic either.

I still reckon Tomas Berdych will emerge as the top player soonest, cause he has all the tools.

Kinda reminds me of Federer who had all the tools but no control. Once Berdych gets to grip with that he will be dangerous.

Other player to watch is Mario Ancic.

My heart feels for Davydenko though. Such a hard worker.
Re: Tennis Is Interesting Again! by RuuDie(m): 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2007
4get d serve. . . i find it so funny when players come into a game thinking they hold the advantage everytime they hold serve. . . yep, the big hitters will pose a massive threat but if u're good at hitting big aces, u've g'otta be able to send 'em right back to where they're from. . . 4 me, Baghdatis knows how ta' return 'em 'n he's shown that he's got great stamina - thats the part i like most, when the games go down to the wire g'otta have something in reserve!

just the thing with the women game i don't like, you hit an ace and the chic on the other side just watches it fly by. . . annoys the heck o'utta me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Amara Kanu And Her “Healthy Living With Amarakanu" (Photos) / Lewandowski Wins German Player Of The Year Award / ‘we Need To Believe’ –guinea-bissau Boss Vows To Go For Win Against Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.