Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

The God Of Natural Processes. Hallelujah! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Of Natural Processes. Hallelujah! (338 Views)

Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) / 2019 Hallelujah Challenge Set To Start On 4th Of February On Instagram Live / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The God Of Natural Processes. Hallelujah! by Martinez19(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2018
The god of the bible is supposedly the god of miracles, signs and wonders but in reality he is simply and laughably the god of natural processes. I type this because the things or miracles credited to yahweh in churches today are things that could have happened anyway with or without believing and/or praying to yahweh. This is because we are all subject to the laws of nature and cause and effect regardless of what we believe. Nature will always take it's course regardless of what you believe in.
In testimonies and sermons, natural processes are being bastardised to look like yahweh's miracles and principles and to promote yahweh. When a christian gets a job in Nigeria, they give testimony on how yahweh helped them get the job after their pastors ministration or their own prayer and fasting. They never considered that atheist and other non-christians too get jobs(and even better jobs) like them. They also never consider that some atheists and other non-christians who eventually got employed also endured lengthy periods of unemployment like them and some are still unemployed. To themselves, they are special and their employment is yahweh's doing despite the fact that they were trained just like everyone who got employed; submitted their CV just like everyone who got employed; and, mostly, went for interviews like everyone who got employed.

"But you can't sit down and expect yahweh to help you get a job. You must go out and submit your CV to different companies and with prayer and fasting yahweh would help you for faith without works is dead and heaven helps those who help themselves." The red statement is simply a natural and sensible thing to do. It is the usual way with or without you believing in god to increase your chances of securing a job. Atheists and other non-christians get jobs through this process without fasting and praying to yahweh. So what does faith, prayer, fasting and your belief in yahweh do exactly? If you say it eases, ensures and quickens employment process, then I can show you christians who have fasted and prayed for years but no job and I can show you atheists and non-christians that got jobs(even better jobs) easily and faster than the christians giving testimonies for employment. We need to differentiate natural processes and course from what is divine and supernatural. How does yahweh help in the employment process? Not in anyway, so stop giving yahweh thanks for something natural that he has no hands in.

Another bastardised natural processes are breathing, waking up from sleep and surviving the day. You hear christians say in testimonies "I thank yahweh for the air I breath, for waking up and surviving the previous day." Don't atheists and other non-christians breath, wake up and see the new day? Even non-human animals breath, wake up and survive the day. So what's special? Is it natural or divine? If you say it's yahweh's doing then I would say yahweh is a monster because he is responsible for the breath, waking up and daily survival of serial killers, rapists, paedophilic and abusive catholic priests and nuns, corrupt politicians, slave owners in Libya and Dubai, dangerously dubious faith healers and prosperity preachers, dangerously dubious psychics, ritual killers, organ transplant kidnappers, tobacco company chairmen, drug Lords etc. Truth is breathing, waking up and surviving the day are all natural processes. The laws of nature and cause and effect doesn't distinguish between a christian and non-christian. That's why christian and non-christian soldiers die in battle as the projection path and density of a lead bullet remains unchanged regardless of your belief.

... to be continued

HopefulLandlord, HardMirror, hahn, Johnydon22, 1Sharon, Tozara, Ladyhippolyta88, 0temSapien, segunojo886, Seun, Adepeter2027, dalaman aka dalam0n, and other christians and atheists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The God Of Natural Processes. Hallelujah! by CAPSLOCKED: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2018
"The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also."

2 Likes

Re: The God Of Natural Processes. Hallelujah! by Hakeem12(m): 8:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
5 things that reinforce my atheism

#1: A terrible messenger?
All religions have this built-in premise that god has a set of laws it wants us to follow. For some reason, however, these laws are not self-evident. They are not written in flaming letters in the sky. Instead, they have been passed on through a series of copiers and storytellers, to the point that we know there are mistakes and mistranslation in later versions. What is worse, there are a whole bunch of different religions, with different laws. But no criteria to decide if, for example, Hinduism is the true religion as opposed to Christianity. Why would god play this dumb “bad communicator” game, instead of just making its laws self-evident? Sure would help a lot if “thou shalt not kill” appeared written in fire in the sky. As opposed to all the “you shall not kill unless they follow a different religion” garbage we currently have so much of in the world.

#2: Even worse designer and manager
I think one of the noblest things humans do is to help others avoid suffering - or comfort them in that suffering. Whether its doctors, volunteers, NGOs or people who look after homeless animals, I think we all believe those who care for others are among the best of us.
By contrast, the world has plenty of built-in, often seemingly pointless, cruelty and suffering. Like crippling birth defects. I cannot reconcile a children’s oncology ward with any type of benevolent deity. The civilization that we have built is a way to escape the brutality and cruelty of nature, the “default” state granted to us. So it is civilization and science I am thankful to, and not the creator of the “natural” human state.

#3: Incredibly arrogant
Religion treats mankind like we’re God’s ultimate creation sent to live in the center of the universe. Like this quote: “Then God said, "Let there be lights in the sky to separate day from night. These lights will be used for signs, seasons, days, and years.”. Try to reconcile that with deep field images. Hubble Deep Field - Wikipedia . Billions of worlds are reduced to the role of lights for one.
The universe is incredibely vast. We are less than a germ hanging out among someone’s toenail cells saying: Wow, there’s this huge body out there, and it was built for us!
The earth-centrism and anthropocentrism of religion really makes it completely unbelievable for me, it seems that ignorance of 99,99999999999999999 (ad inifinitam)% of creation in religious texts mostly proves they were totally made up by ancient humans.

#4: Complexity squared
Theists often state that the world is too complex to have come into being on its own or evolved by chance. Except… if something did create the universe and has infinite power to shape it, that something is almost infinitely more complex than the universe itself. The explanation of god adds complexity instead of removing it.

#5 A better explanation is usually found
Looking at the history of religion, it’s “the guys who cried god”. Wild animals were gods until we totally dominated them. The sun was a god, riding atop a chariot. The sea was a god (or had a god in charge of it). Gods typically lived on the highest mountains in the area. They controlled thunder. And so on and so forth.
Each and every time, when science went into an area that was supposedly divine, it proved that there’s no god or magic there. A better explanation is usually found, and another god (or version thereof) is stricken from the records.

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Washed The Feet Of His Disciples, Have Your Feet Been Washed? / What Abu Jahl Said About Mohammad / God's Forgiveness Is Conditional Upon Man's Forgiveness..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.