Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law (942 Views)

Femi Adesina: Buhari's Comment On Future Invitations To Imo Misquoted / Crisis Rocks Nigeria’s Investment Agency Over ‘anti-buhari’ Comment,..... / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by speedyGonzales: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) on Friday rejected President Muhammadu Buhari’s comment that national security was superior to rule of law.

The President had made the comment while declaring open the 58th Annual General Conference of the NBA.

The conference ended on Friday, with the inauguration of NBA new President, Mr. Paul Usoro, Senior Advocate of Nigeria, and other newly elected national officers of the association.

He took over from the 29th President of the association Mr. Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN).

In a communiqué, signed by its immediate past President and the General Secretary, Mr. Abubakar Mahmoud (SAN), and Mr. Abiola Olagunju, respectively, NBA demanded that the government and the citizenry must always obey court order.

The communique read in part, “The conference completely rejects the presidential statement subordinating the rule of law to national security. The NBA restates that the rule of law is central to a democracy and any national security concerns by the government must be managed within the perimeters and parameters of the rule of law.

“As a corollary, conference frowns upon the present growing trend whereby government decides on which court orders to obey.

“The court has exclusive duty under a democratic dispensation to interpret the Constitution and other laws, and government and the citizenry must comply with court orders at all times until set aside.”

The communique also addressed various topical national issues bordering on the economy and the judiciary.

It stated, “The conference emphatically objects to the issuance of the Executive Orders in respect to matters already in court and observes that any such order is a breach of the principle of separation of powers; and counsels that Executive Orders be issued for good governance and to manage operations of government, and not to encroach or usurp upon the constitutional powers of other arms of government, lest Executive Orders become attempts at decree-making.”

The NBA called for adequate funding and improved welfare for police personnel, saying serious consideration should be given to calls for state police, but with safeguards to prevent abuse. It also enjoined government to ensure free and fair electoral processes.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/01/nba-finally-reacts-buharis-comment-rule-law/
Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by sarrki(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2018
Enemies of state are desperate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2018
shocked

Wait till Buhari's second term if he eventually wins that's when Nigeria and Nigerians will see the real meaning of tyrant.

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by obi4eze(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
angry
Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Arda1000(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2018
sarrki:
sarrki always defending the terrorist

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Amberon: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
Lmao, my sister just arrived PH from the Abuja conference about two hours ago and was telling me how all the lawyers were disappointed at his comment on the rule of law.

This is in contrast to what was earlier reported by BMC that they were pleased with him.

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by peacengine(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2018
Free Dasuki!

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by rawtouch: 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2018
una nor fit shout ontop him head immidiately he made the statement, na when chinese govt summon am una deh make press release..

PMB2019, daura..
Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Amberon: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2018
Shut up, eternal zombie. I can confidently speak on this one because my sister,
uncle and all their office staff who are lawyers were at the conference. If you need proof that she was there, I will post it here.

Did you go to the conference? No! Lawyers, judges and others who were present there and who are a gazillion times more educated than you have spoken but you're speaking showing your foolishness everywhere. I wanted to say "May God deliver you", but even God appears to have given up on you.

My sister said Osibanjo, Sanusi, Ghana president and Feminism Falana spoke so reasonably and were well articulated except Buhari and the ever crazy Lai Mohammed who was almost booed offstage.
sarrki:

2 Likes

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by jumper524(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
sarrki:
real despirate my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by LibertyRep: 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
The rule of law is the foundation of a just and egalitarian society, everyone must rise to defend it.

...and Yes, National Security should not be toyed with. The problem is that a despot and tyrant could hide under this to clamp his detractors into the dungeon while willfully disregarding court orders.

Nigerians have more than enough examples and may not want to tread that path again

By the way, one would have expected Prof.Osinbajo to properly guide the president on matters relating to law.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by sarrki(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
Amberon:
uncle and all their office staff who are lawyers were at the conference. If you need proof that she was there, I will post it here.

Did you go to the conference? No! Lawyers, judges and others who were present there and who are a gazillion times more educated than you have spoken but you're speaking showing your foolishness everywhere. I wanted to say "May God deliver you", but even God appears to have given up on you.

Enemies of the state are frustrated

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by SalamRushdie: 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
So it took them one week to react to a treasonable statement made by the tyrant right infront of them at the NBA conference where they should have thrown him out immediately he uttered that nonsense

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by jumper524(m): 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2018
Amberon:

Who asked you?

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by DWJOBScom(m): 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2018
Finally!

That statement in the wrong hand can make a good dictator powerful.

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Amberon: 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
Zombie o zombie. Don't think for yourself.
Wait, Buhari will tell you what and when to think.
jumper524:

Who asked you?

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by uboma(m): 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2018
sarrki:

Your low IQ is legendary.

So they are now enemies of the state for not supporting your principal, PMB who is exhibiting the traits of dictatorship.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by AroleOduduwa(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
People should stop quoting sarki, he’s not concerned about the state of the country, all he cares about is Buhari running the affairs of the country, whether the right way or bad way, he doesn’t care. He’s not just a zoneB but a bloodsucking one.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by jumper524(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Amberon:
Zombie o zombie. Don't think for yourself.
Wait, Buhari will tell you what and when to think.
Go find close up leak.
Your smallpikin days no complete.

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Amberon: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Mumu, SANs, Judges and people better than you in all ramifications have spoken, continue crying cheesy

Lawyers have rejected him
Trump has rejected him
Even prostitutes have rejected him

Lmao
sarrki:

Enemies of the state are frustrated

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Amberon: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2018
Quote me when you can spell "lick".
jumper524:
Go find close up leak.
Your smallpikin days no complete.

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by gidgiddy: 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2018
Buhari only exposed himself as a despot by saying that national security supersedes the rule of law.

Only an unrepentant dictator will say such a thing

1 Like

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by sarrki(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
Amberon:
Mumu, SANs, Judges and people better than you in all ramifications have spoken, continue crying cheesy

Lawyers have rejected him
Trump has rejected him
Even prostitutes have rejected him

Lmao

SANs my foot
Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by speedyGonzales: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2018
sarrki:

SANs my foot

Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Racoon(m): 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
"The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) on Friday rejected President Muhammadu Buhari’s comment that national security was superior to rule of law..."

Dont worry that was narrative the satanic character-Napoleon in the famous George Orwell's classic ANIMAL FARM kept feeding his fellow animals who foolishly kicked out Snowball that have much earlier understood his antics & fought to prevent it but they joined Napoleon to chase away Snowball only to thereafter start their journey into a horrible slavery.
Nothing is dangerous politically as absolute powers in the hand of a tyrannt with ignorant supporters.
Re: NBA Finally Reacts To Buhari’s Comment On Rule Of Law by Racoon(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
sarrki:

SANs my foot
Nigeria must be free from tyranny.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers 2019: I Will Unseat Wike – APC Governorship Aspirant / Bolaji Abdullahi, 7 Other Aspirants Withdraw From PDP Governorship Race In Kwara / APC Vs PDP: Wike Speaks On Atiku’s Chances Against Buhari In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.