Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (76348 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Odiogonofi epri ufot. Eka fo!
adiok unor fien duh. ekpo akpara ino.

if anang people read Bible for church which Bible do they use? isn't it efik Bible? don't they bear same names.
you must be igbo causing disunity between akwa ibom and their efik brothers.
what do ibibio annang and efik call God?
thunder strike you dead dia if I u dare mention me again.

adiok iso unam ikot iwa.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Mizwisdom(f): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
DateMynd44:
adiok unor fien duh. ekpo akpara ino.

if anang people read Bible for church which Bible do they use? isn't it efik Bible? don't they bear same names.
you must be igbo causing disunity between akwa ibom and their efik brothers.
what do ibibio annang and efik call God?
thunder strike you dead dia if I u dare mention me again.

adiok iso unam ikot iwa.
Mbok ku teng aba. Causing division or rather saying the truth? Efik are different in many ways from AKB. You should learn to handle the truth, unam ikot.

mbok dagado tiedo ebot

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
dankol:
Hmmm.. Let me begin to initiate plan B be that

Abeg, wetin be Plan B? grin
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
legitnow:
ANY PERSON U SEE COMPLAINING ABOUT BRIDE PRICE, IS PLANING TO MARRY TODAY AND DUMP TOMOROW.

SO THAT HE CAN GO AND CARRY ANOTHER ONE.

ALL EXPENSES SHOULD BE ON THE GIRL FAMILY, AS IT IS YORUBA CULTURE.

ACTUALLY, IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA, YORUBA ARE THE ONLY ONES WITH THAT TYPE OF CULTURE.

THAT IS Y THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST DIVORCE RATE IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA.

Why are you barking up and down as if you were bitten by a rabid dog?
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Wisdomval67:

I can see you no finish primary school. Poor church rat, married woman and girls no get different. People like una no fit boast of una tribe. Where are you from let’s know. You dis abomination

Maybe you want to explain why HIV, a sexually transmitted disease is more prevalent among the married than unmarried in that part. If you don't watch your language, you may be reported to the mods.

Hungerbad is from the Niger delta and he confirmed what the OP wrote. So, what's the basis of your aimless noise here?

2 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
spiceadole:
What concerns Yoruba man with Akwa Ibom lady?
What do they have in common?
.. Ntoro uduang ufok people. For that matter.

I sincerely blame the lady for having anything to do with a yoloba demon.
I also blame her family for not advising her appropriately.
Yoloba man that keep mistresses in every town?

What ever happened to getting one Yoruba lady pregnant and Marrying her for free?

Must he marry from akwa ibom?
Men from akwa ibom have been marrying and are still marrying Akwa ibom women without complains.

Yes! Some lists can be exorbitant but people do bargain.
Besides, marriage doesn't end one day.
So you provide what you can..

So, your fish brain told you that only Yoruba men cheat? What a dumb reasoning!

I won't be surprised if you are living in the southwest. Since hate us so much, why not pack up and go back to your region?
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
legitnow:
NA HALF A MILLION DOLLAR I DEY BUDGET TO TAKE GO CARRY MY WIFE.

THE PARTY GO TOO MUCH.

A PARTY TO END ALL PARTY.

IGBO MEN LOVE BRIDE PRICE AND THROWING MONEY.

And after the wedding, hunger will begin. Weh done

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 2buffagain(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
sacramento1212:

I'm glad you admit that your paying over a million naira 12 years ago to marry your wife was bourne out of the fact that they knew your financial worth and also their greed.

I completely disagree with you as per the aspect cutting off your family elders when your daughter(s) is or are getting married. You cannot do without them but just try to play the politics to avoid wahala even though you as the father is financially responsible for them. Tradition is Tradition and must be respected or else you kill yourself for nothing.

If it's your Son, you can do without them but not your female children. Ku yak mbio idung e edwok mbiam uno or ekud ekpo yak adu mia awod all because of ignorance. Wisdom is golden bro

This is why I say Nigerians are WEAK minded and do not actually question things but just say/do what they've been told to like good little slaves.

Think on what you have said properlly. WHY do you think you can't do without them?
Maybe if you listed the reasons, your point would have merit and people can guage for themselves whether or not they NEED greedy village people who they "have" to allow to hold their lives and destiny for ransom.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 2buffagain(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
nattyGENT:
Tradition is tradition. I am an Akwa Ibom indigene too, I just collected a marriage list with items that is tripple your own but no shaking, why? Because items on the lists are left for bargain by the suitor especially items for the father & mother except those of relations, women, youths and village items to avoid issues.

It's a pity that what you did may run in your own family, that is, your children too may be married this way (with ebod usongenyin) which is not dignified in our culture.

I am busy studying the list to reduce it to what I can afford. It's usually a thing of joy and respect upon the family and suitor.

We know a broke and hungry villager that somehow stumbled on data plan by the way you speak.
You all lie and over-exagerate things in a bid to sound like one worthy of respect.

See your mouth like "Triple". So your list reached 18 pages abi? Because that is what triple means...
If not then Your lack of an understanding of math exposes you even the more.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 12:35am On Sep 09, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Mbok ku teng aba. Causing division or rather saying the truth? Efik are different in many ways from AKB. You should learn to handle the truth, unam ikot.

mbok dagado tiedo ebot
which tribe are you from to start with?
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 12:38am On Sep 09, 2018
DaddyNimo:

my mom isn't from akwaibom, I'm sure yours is from akwaibom, fowl diick brings forth fowl kids, hence your fowl mouth. any Yoruba dat marries ur women is only possessed is worthless. can't pay more Dan 10k for your women...not after years of forking dem for free with free food from dem sef
your yoruba women here are so cheap. just Polish up and they'll follow u home without paying a dime.
idiot
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by spiceadole: 4:19am On Sep 09, 2018
rock003:

So, your fish brain told you that only Yoruba men cheat? What a dumb reasoning!

I won't be surprised if you are living in the southwest. Since hate us so much, why not pack up and go back to your region?

Where did I write that only Yoruba men cheat?

Well, you are responsible for what you understand.

Meanwhile, calm down... Nobody is hating on you.
No need for such bile.
Besides, I live in the South South.

I have no issues with yorubas but when it comes to serious matter, eg marriage, we have nothing in common.

Culture, tradition, language, food. Everything is different.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by spiceadole: 4:31am On Sep 09, 2018
sacramento1212:

I'm glad you admit that your paying over a million naira 12 years ago to marry your wife was bourne out of the fact that they knew your financial worth and also their greed.

I completely disagree with you as per the aspect cutting off your family elders when your daughter(s) is or are getting married. You cannot do without them but just try to play the politics to avoid wahala even though you as the father is financially responsible for them. Tradition is Tradition and must be respected or else you kill yourself for nothing.

If it's your Son, you can do without them but not your female children. Ku yak mbio idung e edwok mbiam uno or ekud ekpo yak adu mia awod all because of ignorance. Wisdom is golden bro

Good that someone has told him the reality.

I read his comment and was laughing at such ignorance.. You want to marry off your daughter without consulting and informing the family and village elders...

If only you know the kind of abomination you will cause and the consequences of such act.

Aka ado asuk akod mmo esin, esuk eke duok mbiam.

Tradition is tradition.

You see marriage and burial rites.... It's not done alone
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DaddyNimo(m): 6:18am On Sep 09, 2018
DateMynd44:
your yoruba women here are so cheap. just Polish up and they'll follow u home without paying a dime.
idiot
mumu they are cheap yet u had to force urself on a girl u don't even know by adopting her Monika to yours...idiot sperm from a useless diick

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 6:50am On Sep 09, 2018
spiceadole:

No need for such bile.

I have no issues with yorubas but when it comes to serious matter, eg marriage, we have nothing in common.

Completely different culture, tradition, language, food and a lot more. Even our neighbours that share a lot with us akwa-ibomites, the igbos, some families still frown at marriage with them which we know why not to mention yorubas that we are miles apart in everything.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 6:55am On Sep 09, 2018
DaddyNimo:

mumu they are cheap yet u had to force urself on a girl u don't even know by adopting her Monika to yours...idiot sperm from a useless diick
mumu. mods changed my moniker.
don't talk rubbish of my tribe again cos yours is the worst.
asides from dirtiness, yoruba women are also known for promiscuity.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 6:56am On Sep 09, 2018
spiceadole:

I read his comment and was laughing at such ignorance.. You want to marry off your daughter without consulting and informing the family and village elders...

If only you know the kind of abomination you will cause and the consequences of such act.

Tradition is tradition.

Leave that man with Lagos mentality. Idaha ama kem, aya toyo but adiok ama di affect innocent child amo. Mbio idung isi kpene ke adi dwok mbiam or ekud ekpo eno owo. But ama nam si do nnen nnen, ekpo unama mkpo.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2018
spiceadole:

No need for such bile.

Yeah, everybody is unique. The difference of your tribe doesn't make you better or worse than any other tribe.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DaddyNimo(m): 8:04am On Sep 09, 2018
DateMynd44:
mumu. mods changed my moniker.
don't talk rubbish of my tribe again cos yours is the worst.
asides from dirtiness, yoruba women are also known for promiscuity.
your tribe girls are free givers so paying high bribe price on them is a waste, simple take it or leave. I wouldn't marry ur tribe for free.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by dankol: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2018
rock003:

Abeg, wetin be Plan B? grin

Alternative nah. I can't work my ass out to give myself and potential family a good life and some in-laws want to run me dry as if am buying a wife. Leave plan B to the planner.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by dankol: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2018
DaddyNimo:

your tribe girls are free givers so paying high bribe price on them is a waste, simple take it or leave. I wouldn't marry ur tribe for free.
This is gross. Where you heartbroken by an Ibibio or efik girl? You don't have to roll in the mud nah.. This is very low.. Seriously.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DateMynd44(m): 11:56am On Sep 09, 2018
DaddyNimo:

free givers cos your Yoruba brothers serving here have lied to you?
or you will also lie that you've slept with them before?
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DaddyNimo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
DateMynd44:
if u want the contact of two Ill give u to try, I have dem on speed dial....they even come over with well cooked meals in a cooler before action.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DaddyNimo(m): 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
dankol:

This is gross. Where you heartbroken by an Ibibio or efik girl? You don't have to roll in the mud nah.. This is very low.. Seriously.
it's the plain true, only IMO girls high bride price is justified, but akwaibom whatdafaq
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by dankol: 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2018
DaddyNimo:

it's the plain true, only IMO girls high bride price is justified, but akwaibom whatdafaq

It is your own truth.. and you have every right to believe in such.. But its bad when you generalize issues. Fallacy of generalization.. Even evident in your truth.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
DateMynd44:

Afo ame nie ini ano unam ikot. Idoho afid iko ke owo ase boro.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 2buffagain(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2018
spiceadole:

Tradition is tradition.

Sounds fetish.
Funny how nigeria is so religious, yet here we have someone fearing the "repercussions" of not engaging in fetish practices.
O my people, when will you be free? Does your cowardice know no end? Must every ant that passes your front make you quiver in fear and superstition? Kanye was right: Slavery is a choice.

Well, as for me, We under Christ do not fear these things.
After all Jesus said "Let the dead bury the dead". The burdens you have placed on yourselves (and others) are of your own making, and they can be of your own unmaking as well. These things distract you from the pleasurable simplicity of life.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by spiceadole: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
rock003:

Yeah, everybody is unique. The difference of your tribe doesn't make you better or worse than any other tribe.

That's the point.
Every tribe is unique.
No tribe is better or worse than another.

My point exactly is that for an Akwa Ibomite(esp.a lady) to marry a Yoruba is strange.
It's not common. We are far apart, different in everything.
Many families will frown at it.
Our inter tribal marriages occur more with the Igbos, Cross Rivers, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and maybe Edo(some people still see them as Yoruba).
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by rock003: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
spiceadole:

That's the point.
Every tribe is unique.
No tribe is better or worse than another.

My point exactly is that for an Akwa Ibomite(esp.a lady) to marry a Yoruba is strange.
It's not common. We are far apart, different in everything.
Many families will frown at it.
Our inter tribal marriages occur more with the Igbos, Cross Rivers, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and maybe Edo(some people still see them as Yoruba).

But when an akwa ibom girl marries an oyinbo, it is not far apart, abi? Chai. Some people and hypocritical thinking sha

3 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Mizwisdom(f): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
DateMynd44:
which tribe are you from to start with?

Akparawa, nsitibe? which tribe am I from? nto middle belt, Taraba precisely. Enan. I'm from North central.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Akparawa, nsitibe? which tribe am I from? nto middle belt, Taraba precisely. Enan. I'm from North central.

Afo anam die akob usem
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by sacramento1212: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Afo anam die akob usem nyin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Guy's Marriage Crashed In Less Than 3 Months. / Mother Gives Birth To Three Kids For Son In Kwara (pics) / Doctor Paid His Mother A Surprise Visit After 7 Years Abroad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.