Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,955 members, 7,952,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

Is This Benin City? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Benin City? (31739 Views)

Flood At Ugbowo Lagos Road In Benin City Edo State / King's Square,Benin City / Hotels In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
I was going to reply before Snowdrop did.

akwaowoudo:

You are pipe dreaming. Must i insult Missy B so as to please you? She doesn't deserve that; okay! I praise what worths. Glue your typing fingers from this moment on. Nobody cares about your designation.
Relax!
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
o`ten vben. Vbo` ye e`?

O hu wa mu e akwaowoudo

E` ghe o` e`zo` men ya re o.

O` ghe` ogie` no`.

1 Like

Re: Is This Benin City? by drchic(f): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2010
More gibberish from you?
Re: Is This Benin City? by drchic(f): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

o`ten vben. Vbo` ye e`?

O hu wa mu e akwaowoudo

O` ghe` ogie` no`.

More gibberish from you?
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
dr chic:

More gibberish from you?
lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

o`ten vben. Vbo` ye e`?

O hu wa mu e akwaowoudo

O` ghe` ogie` no`.

Oyese. Uwe vbo' ?
@ the part in bold . . . . . I know [sorry I couldn't write that in bini] Lol!! grin
Ezeyo rè.  cheesy
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2010
Missy B:

Oyese. Uwe vbo' ?
@ the part in bold . . . . . I know [sorry I couldn't write that in bini] Lol!! grin
Ezeyo rè.  cheesy
E wa kakabo yese.

Despite being away from home for several yrs, i always keep updated by reading bini books, watching videos and keeping in touch with folks. Although i remain far from perfect.

Ofunmwen gbe gue` ro`
Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

E wa kakabo yese.

Despite being away from home for several yrs, i always keep updated by reading bini books, watching videos and keeping in touch with folks. Although i remain far from perfect.
Ofunmwen gbe gue` ro`
It's evident in most of Your posts concerning Bini/Benin issues and I admire it. smiley
It's a bit sad that I can't even write a decent line in Bini but I deh try. tongue
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2010
Missy B:

It's evident in most of Your posts concerning Bini/Benin issues and I admire it. smiley
It's a bit sad that I can't even write a decent line in Bini but I deh try. tongue
Thank you. On the contrary, your knowledge and application of the language is well above average and i have learnt from our present and previous discussions.
Re: Is This Benin City? by honeric01(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
@snowdrop, so you sabi write for bini like this? uhm, impressive, i wish i could write that way too embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

Thank you. On the contrary, your knowledge and application of the language is well above average and i have learnt from our present and previous discussions.
Yipeee!!
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2010
honeric01:

@snowdrop, so you sabi write for bini like this? uhm, impressive, i wish i could write that way too embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Are you Bini? I am pleasantly surprised. I am an amateur and certainly need improving. I seem to write better than i speak though.
Re: Is This Benin City? by honeric01(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2010
Thought you knew this all along, all the same, i can speak, but can't write, struggles to read embarassed
Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
My case is more severe. . . . Struggle to speak, struggle to write and struggle to read.
I understand perfectly though. cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Benin City? by honeric01(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
Aww, poor you, but never to worry, you can as well let your kids get the best of the language by sending them home to learn if you really want the language to be part of you.

Well, i plan to teach my kids, my brothers are already teaching theirs, so when i start multiplying, i will do the same. cool
Re: Is This Benin City? by MissyB1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
honeric01:

Aww, poor you, but never to worry, you can as well let your kids get the best of the language by sending them home to learn if you really want the language to be part of you.

Well, i plan to teach my kids, my brothers are already teaching theirs, so when i start multiplying, i will do the same. cool
Nice!
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
Most of what i know on reading and writing Bini comes from what i was taught in secondary school. I remember we used to have some corper/teachers. They were brilliant.
@ honeric01. Its not too difficult to read/write. It is not the easiest to learn with books alone. A few interactive tutorials is all you need.
Re: Is This Benin City? by akwaowoudo(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2010
Illiteracy is a clog found in the wheel. Pronounce your worth!
Re: Is This Benin City? by honeric01(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
Missy B:

Nice!

cool\

snowdrops:

@ honeric01. Its not too difficult to read/write. It is not the easiest to learn with books alone. A few interactive tutorials is all you need.
Grew up in Lagos, not in Bini, so you see you can't really blame me for not knowing how to read or write, but my parents taught us the language and we only spoke the language at home, no other language is permitted at home. (too bad we mixed it up with English, Yoruba and even igbo lol) grin
Re: Is This Benin City? by Shokwen: 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
See wetin woman do! Shoooh!
Re: Is This Benin City? by bypassit: 10:14am On Jul 08, 2010
Yes, this is the New Benin, I travelled on a trip there and stayed up to 2months, its really beautiful, You need to see for yourself,
Re: Is This Benin City? by lysaa(f): 1:38am On Jul 09, 2010
Missy B:

Oyese. Uwe vbo' ?
Ezeyo rè.  cheesy
thumb up.

Missy B:

My case is more severe. . . . Struggle to speak, struggle to write and struggle to read.
I understand perfectly though. cheesy cheesy
that's ur bonus over me. embarassed
Re: Is This Benin City? by zarrek000(m): 4:12am On Jul 11, 2010
men see my home town, damn i miss home, big ups to oba, oshiomolhe and all benin peeps, this is just the beginning,
Re: Is This Benin City? by chelseabmw(m): 1:47am On Jul 12, 2010
benin for sale

any one interested
Re: Is This Benin City? by snowdrops(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2010
chelseabmw:

benin for sale

any one interested

and whats supposed to be the meaning of this?

must you make posts just to increase your number of comments?
Re: Is This Benin City? by hafizy: 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ EHIO, please i need pictures of this please how can you get it acroos to me or please can you send them on attachment to me on my email address (allezec@yahoo.com)
i will be waiting this is lovely i left benin some 10 years ago
Re: Is This Benin City? by ebot64(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2010
It's because of having a place to share exciting photos of tours, travels and events that this site was created - www.pixtours.com
Its a site where members can share photos of exciting places, tours, events that they witnessed, discuss about them, share knowledge and of course advertise goods and services.

@poster, kindly join www.pixtours.com and upload these photos.
Re: Is This Benin City? by ceasyc(f): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2010
yup dat is benin city (ring road/roundabout) = confirmed
big up gov oshiomole 4 fixin n still tryin 2 fix a lot of things in benin city
ivbie edo hia wehe uwese kakabo o
Re: Is This Benin City? by OmoTier1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2010
No doubt that Edo State Governmentis trying her best to improve on the level of decay of infrastructure in the state. For once there is a government in Edo State that is thinking before throwing money about in the name of "dividence of democracy".

I have been made to understand that there are over 200 roads undergoing construction/rehabilitation in Edo State and Hospitals, Schools are also being renovated across the State.

Was glad to see on AIT recently and also read on the "Nation" newspaper that the government has pad pensioners backlog pay dating back to 1999 in soem cases and this it was estimated cost the state government well over 500million Naira. This in my opinion is a good development and if only other government before him were able to lay a good foundation like the present government, I guess the present government would have been embarking on few developmental projects with much emphasis on renovation/beautification as the case maybe.

All the same, I wish the present government well in their effort to develope the state and if only most of the LGA chairmen/Chairperson would join ands with him, come 2015, Edo State would wear a very different look!
Re: Is This Benin City? by 3RNEST(m): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
>>> Can someone POST this year 2011 picture for me undecided i want to see Benin City of today~
Re: Is This Benin City? by OEBA: 1:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
go check out www.oebaltd.com they might be of help, they started me off in my recycling business
Re: Is This Benin City? by edogram1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Oshio ontop of the situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? / Dangote Truck Plunged Into River At Obadore Bridge, Igando - Photos / 10 Killed In Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.