Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari (13687 Views)

Zamfara Stalemate Will Be Resolved Before Elections – Buhari / You think Buhari’s Administration Can Deliver free, fair elections? - Al-Jazeera / I’ll Give Nigeria A Legacy Of Free, Fair Elections — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Limitednow: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari says he is not afraid of free and fair election.

Mr Buhari said having benefitted from a credible process as such he was no frightened.

The president who restated his commitment to making sure that the 2019 polls, under his watch, will be free, fair and credible said this at an interactive session with members of the Nigerian community in China.

The meeting was held at the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing, the capital city of China.

“I have no fear about free and fair elections because that is what brought me to the present position. I know what I went through and very few Nigerians could boast of trying four times [contesting for the presidency].

“Those interested in participating in the elections must get their PVCs, register in their constituency and elect anybody of their choice across ethnicity and religion.

“The Nigerian police, law enforcement agencies and INEC must respect the people to express their wishes,” he said.

Citing recent elections in Bauchi, Katsina and Kogi states, the president said the country had made progress relative to elections conducted in the past years.

On security issues, the president reaffirmed that his government has succeeded in curtailing Boko Haram insurgents in the country, adding that the terrorist group no longer controls any part of the country.

President Buhari advised Nigerians planning to travel abroad for “greener pastures” to do so legitimately and not to expect too much from their countries of destination.

“You cannot seek greener pastures in a place where you are not respected because of the colour of your skin or your lack of education or other things. Personally, I think you will earn more respect when you remain at home and get a job,” he said

On Nigeria-China relations, the president applauded China’s generosity and contribution to the development of Nigeria, citing the successful completion of the Abuja-Kaduna railway line, built by the Chinese, and ongoing works on Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin, Abuja, Kano railway routes.

Earlier in his remarks, the Nigerian Ambassador to China, Baba Ahmed-Jidda, thanked the president for his support to the embassy, which led to the completion of the ambassador’s residence.

The ambassador praised Nigerians resident in the various province of China for being law abiding with the exception of few.

Delegates with Buhari at the meeting include: Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi; Governors Rochas Okorocha of Imo State; Akinwumi Ambode of Lagos State; Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi State; Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State; Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari of Zamfara State; Willie Obiano of Anambra State; Godwin Obaseki of Edo State and Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State.

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/why-im-not-afraid-of-free-and-fair-elections-buhari/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by GavelSlam: 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2018
I love his honesty.

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by nero2face: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2018
Look at this Man, if what brought u to power is free and fair election then we're in big trouble, what about de underage voting in Kano state,... Bcuz Jega helped you to manipulate Abi... Dullard

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2018
Whether you like it or not, you're going back to Daura. The rogue chairman called Oshiomole and the BMC zombies here on NL won't be able to save your heavy defeat come 2019..

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by docadams: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
I love his honesty.

The reason why haters are programmed to malign.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by murphyibiam15(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
you've already rigged it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Omeokachie: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
Na so.

Rigging machine activated

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
Those interested in participating in the elections must get their PVCs, register in their constituency and elect anybody of their choice across ethnicity and religion.

This man is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria in recent times.
A honest , good, impeccable, man with the fear of God in his heart.
We will keep thanking God for bestowing on us this great man of our time.
May God keep giving you more wisdom, knowledge and understanding as you take us to a land flowing with milk and honey DADDY.
We will forever love you.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Biglittlelois(f): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
How will you be afraid, when the term "free and fair" means "rigging" to you angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by hisexcellency34: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
If INEC conducts a free and fair election, Buhari will lose like Manchester United lose to Tottenham

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by deebrain(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
lol...

Even Governor Ambode does not really believe you sir.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by lilmax(m): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
how this man fooled Nigerians is what I don't get

5 Likes

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by megareal: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
This man keeps losing touch with reality.

Reality is that he called the election free and fair because he emerged winner else he would still be crying about how the elections were rigged.

Reality is that he can never allow a free and fair elections. The Ekiti repeat is what will happen next year.

As for me, I will still vote for a candidate of my choice even if from all indications, my vote may not count.

Someday, we will really get it right

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
liar....

3 Likes

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by ipobarecriminals: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
cool true talk .Only those PIGS dey cause confusion up/down.We knw our local wild Potopoto Pigs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by vicfajeze: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
I love his honesty.
HONESTY INDEED!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Zimmermann(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
Of course u shouldn't be afraid of journeying back to Daura ur village...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Jaqenhghar: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
cannot seek greener pastures in a place where you are not respected because of the colour of your skin or your lack of education or other things. Personally, I think you will earn more respect when you remain at home and get a job,”
As if you are respected in your own home . What a joke.
For those saying "I cant go and be a second class citizen...." I say are you not a second class citizen in your own home? Id say you're worse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
God bless PMB

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Dannyset(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
Chai.....the way Buhari will defeat any of those clown of PDP during the election ehn, dem go think say na bulldozer hit dem. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by deebsman1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
If Baba lose free and fair, why won't Baba concedes defeat but who's gonna beat Baba

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
I love his honesty.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by megareal: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2018
Others shouldn't seek greener pastures outside as if the current Nigeria is even fit for animals. Bubu, go on deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by deafeyez: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
You are not afraid because you have the rigging machines. INEC has acquired some more funds and there is plenty of money to buy votes grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by SEONaijaExpert: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2018
megareal:
This man keeps losing touch with reality.
Reality is that he called the election free and fair because he emerged winner else he would still be crying about how the elections were rigged.

Reality is that he can never allow a free and fair elections. The Ekiti repeat is what will happen next year.

As for me, I will still vote for a candidate of my choice even if from all indications, my vote may not count. Someday, we will really get it right.
Those were your words.

I'm happy you know you sounded unreasonable. It's good you fixed it.

President Buhari was not the incumbent President when he won the election. Nothing can be more free and fair.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by greatermax77(m): 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
I love his honesty.
You said honesty ? He always say one thing and does the opposite

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by Jymsyno: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
No Mr. Presdo I can only take u seriously when you sign the electoral amended bill into law. Card readers should be used as basis for determining elections in Nigeria not voters' register. The only reason why u have not signed that bill into law is that u are afraid of a free and fair election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by WhoBeThisMan: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nigerians see who una vote by una self?

2 Likes

Re: Why I’m Not Afraid Of Free And Fair Elections – Buhari by lonlytroy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2018
The topic should be the opposite because Buhari is

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Madalla Blast: Detained Suspect Escapes / Snatched Mace: APC Condemns Attack On Senate / Troops Neutralise Boko Haram Terrorists In Gudumbali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.