Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel (3174 Views)

How To Login To Wordpress Dashboard And Cpanel Using Simpleserver Or XT181 / How To Get Domain Name And Cpanel Hosting Without Spending A Dime!! / Mtn F@stlink Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by chikeaneke(m): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2010
If you are a webmaster or you own a website, you would have found that you cannot manage your website nor check your webmail accounts using MTN F@stLink. This is because with MTN F@stLink you would be having problems logging into your website control panel [you would just have to keep logging in endlessly] if your Host Company’s server is managed with CPanel software and I bet it is ‘cos I believe over 95% of Webhosting Companies use CPanel! So I guess anybody that manages a website or uses a webmail account would not use MTN F@stLink.

I have written MTN severally on this issue.

Or am I the only one having this problem?
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by abhosts(m): 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2010
You should be talking to your web host and not MTN. Some tweaking can be done from the Server to Forestall this problem.

Best Regards
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by DualCore1: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2010
abhosts:

You should be talking to your web host and not MTN. Some tweaking can be done from the Server to Forestall this problem.

Best Regards
Could you share your tweak cuz it will go a long way to help a lot of Nigerian customers.
MTN's connection to the best of my knowledge cant keep authenticated sessions accross some pages. MTN cannot be used for RDP connections also.

Using proxy tunneling applications with your mtn connection will work but its not something I will recommend to just anyone.

This is not a cPanel + MTN issue. It happens with some other applications like the WHMCS billing system.

GLO has exactly the same issues.

These are ISP issues.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by chikeaneke(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2010
I use several web hosting companies and F@stlink behaves the same way with all.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by lagoshost(m): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2010
This is not very correct as my MTN users are able to access their cpanel/whm. Their no issue. here.

I have asked Dual Core to check this and gave him access to one of the first I hosted, he can tell that is working.

If your are having the same issue, bring your site to www.lagoshost.com

Cheers!
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by kosovo(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2010
use this ip. 88.146.218.4:8090
Though slightly slower, but it's your best bet, MTN isn't resolving the issue anytime soon, their moronic excuse being the constant use of c-panel for spaming by The Nigeria Cyber-Terrorists.

Exhibit 1.0
Fresh Ideas @ Dual core
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by marcus1234: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2010
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by friendehis(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2010
Broda i think one of the best option here is to get another modem. Besides, apart from cpanel limitation, MTN fast link is virtually not favorable in many ways

For instance you can really use this service for downloading when need arise without the fear of bandwidth consumption. A lot of site that may be of importance can't be accessed using fastlink and so many other issues.

I think starcomms is ok though a little bit expensive
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by ibtihaj(m): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2010
Hello Guys,
This is a good topic that we need to discuss, I work with a web hosting company in Nigeria and most of our client that use MTNfastlink 99% have issues login to Client Area that is WHMCS or cpanel as well, i write to MTN i go to their office but nothing has been done by them,
It will really help if there is way that this problem will be solve.
Thanks
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by nauvel: 9:15am On Sep 25, 2010
Dual Core is correct.
Had the same problem months back with Glo. I thought my webhost was the problem. I then used another ISP, it worked flawlessly.
This issue cropped up on Zain too! Don't know if it has been solved. Our GSM-based ISPs need a serious attitude adjustment.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by chikeaneke(m): 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
I am beginning to think that Multilinks and Starcomms are the options in overcoming these issues. A little long before the advent of broadband modems, I used to use dial up multilinks and i loved it and when i compared it with a dial up starcomms i also bought at the time, multilinks served me quite better so I stuck to more multilinks and i never complained. And then came broadband modems and my office [not me] has been using mtn fastlink - we wanted to give it a try. now i want to acquire my own personal modem and i am thinking i should still go for multilinks. multilinks modem stick costs 12,000 naira and u subscribe with 3,500 for a month for 50 hours time. starcomms stick costs 8,500 and u pay 12,999 for a month for 100 hours time.

and another advantage i think these two isp's have is that they do not bill you per data transfer so ur 50 hours is 50 hours no matter how much data you upload or download.

does anyone has an advice
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
chikeaneke:

I am beginning to think that Multilinks and Starcomms are the options in overcoming these issues. A little long before the advent of broadband modems, I used to use dial up multilinks and i loved it and when i compared it with a dial up starcomms i also bought at the time, multilinks served me quite better so I stuck to more multilinks and i never complained,

and another advantage i think these two isp's have is that they do not bill you per data transfer so your 50 hours is 50 hours no matter how much data you upload or download.

does anyone has an advice
word! i've never experienced this problem using starcomms, visafone or multilinks. and i've used 3 of them extensively. don't think i'll be touching MTN fastlink with a long pole.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by deyesborn(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2010
I experience the same problem when using MTN Fastlink
Zain is ok for Cpanel login but too slow.

I recently switched to GLO and so far, the connection is the best for me. I connect to Cpanel easily.

No doubt MTN can't keep authenticated sessions across some pages especially Cpanel

I don't like MTN for their poor services
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by webaplanet(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
i had the same problem with mtn, i cannot login to the cpanel, but i now use zain which works perfectly well for me.in managing clients websites and mine too, i have not used glo or etisalat to login to cpane, since zain is working for me i have thus not bothered with any other provider,
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by lagoshost(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hello all of you that have issues with MTN, try lagoshost.com .

You can access our cpanel, whm and webmail without any issue.

Just come to lagoshost.com and get the best host in Nigeria!
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Youngichou(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2010
Gfc
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by item: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2010
Youngichou:

Please My friends dont ever, i repeat dont ever try or think in your life to go for a host by name [b]LAGOSHOST[/B] this is the nigeria's most worst Hosting company. The guy posting this knows it. I can bring out people to tell you this lagos host is nigerias most worst hosting company. Today they tell you they have a server problem tomoro one guy call Chibuzor will tamper with your site next 2moro the same chibuzor will suspend your site telling you crap stories that you use Iwp thats the reason next week he will send a bla bla bla message telling you. You use more than one Mysql while in his list he said unlimited Mysql. Incase you think i am liein i use the domain name Nairahouse.com
check it and you will see its suspended. THIS IS A DOMAIN that is ONLY 3MONTHS old
@MR LAGOSHOST
do you see other sites domain go and take examples from them
you know that i have directed a lot of friends to your host telling them you are the best but now the say you are the worst and i agree with them.
Rubbish Host Rubbish Server. HOPE you are not trying to Scam people here because i tell you, you have failed. Take it a must.

but I have used lagoshost.com for about 3years now without any issue. I have never met Mr. Chibueze before and never had any need to meet him.

I resently moved some of my sites with nairahost.com to lagoshost and they moved them without any problem.

It is possible it is not the lagoshost.com I use that you use.

Bye!
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by lagoshost(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2010
Young Otutu, since you are taking this to NL, we will answer you here too.

Your site is consuming very high resources and it is affecting other accounts on our ng3server. lagoshost.com server. We do not accept Indian proxy on our shared accounts.

Remember, there are too many other hosting companies online and you can move to any of them but if you want to  stay with lagoshost.com, check your account and stop any script there that is affecting our server. If this is not done, we shall suspend it again.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2010
@lagos. A simple ignore would have been perfect!
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Youngichou(m): 10:23am On Oct 28, 2010
edited
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by lagoshost(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2010
Hello,

I have asked all our Tech staff and they made me know they never denied you access to your cpanel. But you know when a site is suspended, the cpanel will not work that is what happened.

I will not reply this again, remember this thread is titled "Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel" and that is what we should be talking about here.

Now that the site is up and running you are free to move it to any host.

Bye!
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by DualCore1: 10:39am On Oct 28, 2010
Easy, guys.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 28, 2010
Youngichou. You are right, that's rubbish. What if you dont have a back-up on your PC.

Now he said you are back online. Create a back-up and you may keep on hosting with him, but ensure IWP or whatever it is called is off your site.

Meanwhile, you guys are heartless ohh. Una don reck havoc on Lagos host!
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Youngichou(m): 11:43am On Oct 28, 2010
hghg
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by Slyr0x: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2010
This thread is quite old buh i had to refer back to it. A friend of mine had similar issue and i had to dig this thread out.

If you're using mozilla, once you enter your usrname & pwd and the 'Remember', 'Not now', 'Do not ask me' comes up, click on Remember. So once your system sends the request, you don't have to keep putting in ur login details as mozilla will do that for you. Not the most secured method, buh it helps.

NB: Don't forget to remove the saved pwd in your mozilla security settings once you done using the cpanel.
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by talgans: 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2010
MTN does have issues with cpanel and several online payment systems. I also agree that they are not so responsive - I detect an aroma of arrogance. I use etisalat to logon to cpanel and make online payments now, though their service is as erratic as a bumblebee (in Abj anyway).
Re: Between Mtn F@stlink And Cpanel by yamakuza: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2011
Setting cookie authentication to "loose" via WHM should fix.

[s] send me recharge card when it works.

Lolz[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Starting Your Web Hosting Company? / Web Hosting Companies In Nigeria (contact Details) / How Do I Verify My Nigerian Google Ads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.