Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? (9562 Views)

14 African Countries Still Pay Colonial Masters / Earlier Appearance Of The Name Nigeria 1799 / A Need To Change The Name Nigeria To Wazobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by SweetT1: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2007
Also Niger and senegal. An historian once told me that the european colonial masters got it from the N-word !! Is ti true
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by ugodaniel(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2007
Nah, its not true. The name was coined from River Niger
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by SweetT1: 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2007
Oh O.K. that makes sense.
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by rikkyjen(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2007
ugodaniel:

Nah, its not true. The name was coined from River Niger

Absolutely Wrong! Many people said Flora shaw ,Lugards wife gave the name in the throes of passion with Lord Lugard.that might be wrong

But Certainly she coined the name Nigeria from Niger-Area. Truly she named us Nigeria but i dont know under the circumstances she did? Was it when she was giving head to Lord L or During orgams? me no know shocked cheesy

You copy?
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by afolayangs(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2007
True talk @ ugodaniel
From River Niger which mean Niger- Area
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by desorlah(f): 5:38pm On May 17, 2007
I dont know really, but i think the Niger - Area makes much sense.
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by otuonye(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2007
GOOD POST. WRONG FORUM.

Didn't you guys see the Politics forum? Please go there and talk about politics. this is strictly romance.

Jojo
Re: Where Did The Colonial Masters Get The Name Nigeria From ? by mellow(m): 6:11pm On May 17, 2007
Niger Area

(1) (Reply)

Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? / What Is 'traditional' To The Igbo? | Gịnị Bụ Omẹnàlà Na Ányá Ńdí Ìgbò? / Hausa Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.