Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days (7018 Views)

Glo Blackberry Subscription(daily) / The Pins You Should Not Accept As A Blackberry User / Best Android Phone For A Blackberry User? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2010
Any of Nairalanders using Glo Blackberry Service? Do you experiencing so much trouble last 2 days till now?
I'm getting frustrated with the service, since I cant browse, cant connect to Yahoo Messenger, difficult to tweet, blackberry messenger also keep halting messages.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by n3rve(m): 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2010
Glo's messed up :|
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by jalet: 2:24am On Jun 30, 2010
having the same probs man>>>>> its gets better at midnight!!!
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by kpolli(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2010
they claim to be upgrading, for 2 yrs now
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
I use glo for my BB and I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery angry
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by naijatoday: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2010
what the hell is wrong with glo this past few days? Even their website is not working. Stupid company.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
@jalet
It keeps on and off the whole day for me, cant browse, cant tweet, and the silly thing, THE GLO WORLD WEBSITE IS DOWN!
www.gloworld.com seems to be inactive.

Tomorrow is my renewal day for monthly subscription, should I just change my operator , hmm,

Keep posting guys angry
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by lekside01(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
its the same problem over here, how can i chamge from glo to mtn BIS?
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by n3rve(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2010
siapaya:

It keeps on and off the whole day for me, cant browse, cant tweet, and the silly thing, THE GLO WORLD WEBSITE IS DOWN!
www.gloworld.com seems to be inactive.

Tomorrow is my renewal day for monthly subscription, should I just change my operator , hmm

That's not something you should mull over, dump that glo sim immediately  angry
If you have a 3G BlackBerry, go MTN and you wouldn't recover, a 2G (EDGE compatible) BlackBerry wouldn't be very nice as MTN's EDGE network sucks, but EDGE on Etisalat rocks.

-[n3rve]
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by n3rve(m): 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2010
lekside01:

its the same problem over here, how can i chamge from glo to mtn BIS?

Just pull out the SIM, insert an MTN sim; Recharge your account with #5,000 and text: BIS to 21600

-[n3rve]
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2010
@nerve
Yes, I experiencing MTN 2 months a go, my BB is 8520 which run on EDGE. And MTN didnt satisfy me at all. Then I change to Glo, and Glo giving me a reliable service untill 3 days a go.

I think I'll suspend my renewal , and keep checking this forum thread if Glo gets any better.

Should I consider Zain?

I tried Ethisalat in my 1st month with Blackberry, they were okay, but in place I live, the signal bar merely nothing. I live just 100 meters from Opebi Rd Ikeja, which supposed to be not a remote area.

Thank you everyone, and keep posting!
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by n3rve(m): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2010
Ah, seems your situation's a bit complicated. I don't really know about Zain, I'll have to ask someone and post later wink .
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by kpolli(m): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2010
etisalat does not have good service, almost none in my house except my bed room, for me to be under their payroll n not use them, something fishy
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by lekside01(m): 8:37am On Jul 01, 2010
@n3rve-tnx for the info
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by HC: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2010
I use Zain BIS and i have had only on day of down-time (during last weeks heavy rain in Lagos).
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2010
Tq for the info about Zain downtime, can you detailed about where you oftenly around?
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by HC: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2010
siapaya:

Tq for the info about Zain downtime, can you detailed about where you oftenly around?

I live in Ketu and work in Ikoyi and i do a lot of moving around Lagos.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2010
Thx again for the info. My mistake is, Glo just auto renew my subscription, which I forget to unsubscribe last night sad
What a pity ( for me ),
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
Glo Blackberry users, any improvement yet till today? Mine are not.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2010
Its been 5-6 days since the Glo really sucked up their BIS,
the 121 customer care line never stop from saying their busy
Anyone get improvement yet ?
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by etae(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2010
I am suprised that you all are saying that GLO just had problem 3 days ago. GLO has been having problems in Calabar for over 2 months now. I cant browse in the day, evening or night except from 2am - 8am when I believe the network is less congested. And the funny part here is that I still pay for my BISMONTH even with this mess going on. My subscription now expires in August.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by femionasan(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2010
The Glo thing is really getting frustrating. Noticed it about 3 weeks ago. It only works well from Midnight. I also noticed that when i leave the island in the evenings and i get home it becomes a big problem. On the island the service is relatively ok.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2010
femionasan:

The Glo thing is really getting frustrating. Noticed it about 3 weeks ago. It only works well from Midnight. I also noticed that when i leave the island in the evenings and i get home it becomes a big problem. On the island the service is relatively ok.

its okay for today smiley

hopefully it ll still okay till forever
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by femionasan(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
Looks like the service has stabilised since yesterday. Everything is working fine now.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by etae(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2010
yep
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 12:33am On Aug 28, 2010
Glo BIS starting Friday 5pm starting to do their thing,

NOT WORKING.

Any of other Glo BIS subscriber having the same thing?
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by aaidel(m): 3:14am On Aug 28, 2010
glo bis is rubbish i payed for four months up front but had to dump it after 2 months cos of the downtime on average about a week every month got tired of customer care saying remove your battery leave it out for five mins and then return it
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2010
And today, the customer service sending an SMS said your problem have been resolved. BUT ITS NOT.

So i think it's just their way to statistically write how fast the problem resolved ( by sending FAKE SMS ). So if in the future they have the statistic report of how fast they resolved their customer complaints, you will see FANTASTIC figures, which is a BIG LIE.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2010
aaidel:

glo bis is rubbish i payed for four months up front but had to dump it after 2 months cos of the downtime on average about a week every month got tired of customer care saying remove your battery leave it out for five mins and then return it

what make you paid 4 months upfront??
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by kay69: 4:16pm On Aug 28, 2010
u need to maintain a balance of 40 naira within 24 hrs for it towork well. call customer care for more info. glo bis users, mine is working fantastic and supersonic at night.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by siapaya(m): 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2010
kay69:

u need to maintain a balance of 40 naira within 24 hrs for it towork well. call customer care for more info. glo bis users, mine is working fantastic and supersonic at night.

kay69

I dont know if its coincidence but your post it's exactly like one of the email GLO CUSTOMER SERVICE wrote me about those 40 Naira thing.

Dont trust it, NL,

Even if you have 500 naira , like me now, they will still call you and tell you that your balance is ZERO and they will insist that because YOU HAVE ZERO NAIRA, so YOUR BIS WILL BE SUSPENDED. They wont event bother to re-check the balance from their system, it's like they were sent from hell to tell lie to your ears.

Glo have good service, except for EVERY MONTH YOU WILL SUFFER a MINIMUM 1 week of almost NO SERVICE. ( In July, it's 2 week without service ).

So if a person tell you that his/ her GLO works heavenly FINE, either he/she is undercover GLO staff, or he/she just start using Glo.
Re: Any Glo Blackberry User Here? Problem With It Last 2 Days by MYAGB: 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2010
For those with the issue of over billing it will be necessary to call customer care and ask them to deactivate the WAP settings on your device. Also check your device browser settings to make sure your browser setting is on internet explorer on the first and second setting with Glo as the last

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S III Will Be Unveiled Today / How To Activate Whatsapp Call / Xhamster Video Downloader Apk Latest Version For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.