Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,068 members, 7,863,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! (772 Views)

2019: The Few Worthy Candidates Are Not In The Leading Parties- Pastor Godman / Under Ojuelegba Flyover, Now A Center For Political Conference & Stadium (PHOTO) / 2019: The Real Reason Igbos ‘ll Massively Vote For Buhari – Orji Kalu Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2018
I have a nephew who was 11yrs old in 2011 when Jonathan carried PDP Flag and we voted him in as President.

I remember very well he asked me what is vote and what do people do to it? I responded that vote is a power to select good people to be kings over society. He said, uncle, bring back ice cream and some chocolate, ok? He showed zero interest in all I said.

The boy was 15 when we displaced PDP and Jonathan in last election and voted Buhari and APC in. I called my brother's house and asked for him, told him to come out with his father and observe the process for voting. He told me he was waiting on friends, they are going to play football and afterward video game. He didn't ask me to bring anything back but said he will come out with us next time to observe.

He turned 18 this year and a matriculating student. I made sure he registered and has pvc. He still does not understand what it's all about. In 2019 when we go to vote he will be there, as an observer and a participant. I am yet to find out where his state of mind will be in Feb 2019. He is not going to ask for ice cream and chocolate, nor be absorbed in footbal and video game, his focus will be different.

In 2023 my nephew would be 23yrs old, have graduated and served NYSC and employed, or like many now...unemployed. In either of the cases he will be exposed to the reality we all face, no power, poor housing, bad roads, bad bureaucracy, social injustice and all things we complain of under our democracy.

A young boy of 11 asking for ice cream when his elders went and voted in the last administration before Buhari will be there next year when we return to vote Buhari again. He will be voting with us this time.

So I want my Yoruba brothers and sisters to think of this and reflect upon it.

What political democracy children are born into and brought up in will not change dramatically in Nigeria but to get incremental progress toward the goal we need dynamic leaders.

I could bring back ice cream and chocolate for my 11yr old nephew but when he is grown and needs a job, uncle cannot bring a job for him...

Who amongst the political candidates now or in future have dynamic ideas that can be implemented to move us forward as a country? What past records can demonstrate their capabilities?

Tinubu has done in Lagos what no other politician has done for their state or for the nation in the history of Nigeria. His dividends in Lagos paid off to effect leadership in other states and even for the nation. Its almost as if we need to borrow brains from Lagos and put it in Aso Rock...better yet, bring the man that created the new Lagos and put him in Aso Rock.

By 2040 we expect great dividends that pays off for leadership in each state. The adult just turning 30 and ready for public leadership in 2040 is a 10yr old child today in your household asking to be fed ice cream.

Yoruba children are indeed leaders of tomorrow. We must commit to their leadership by doing our part to bring Asiwaju Tinubu into Aso Rock. The task starts now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2018
The tasks start NOW!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by dukie25: 7:30am On Sep 03, 2018
We must commit to their leadership by doing our part to bring Asiwaju Tinubu into Aso Rock. The task starts now.

If you want Thief-nubu to rule over the SW, the choice is yours and it's your prerogative. Saying you want him as Nigeria’s president is not only insulting but an affront to civilised values.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 03, 2018
The task starts now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where is my book let me wish BAT my condolences b4 he returns to nothingness .

5 Likes

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Nogodye(m): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2018
I think life have not giving the boy the reason why he must vote coz he got everything he needed when he needs it...Before he graduated i think he will knw the reason why he must participate in election.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by vanbonattel: 7:42am On Sep 03, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
I have a nephew who was 11yrs old in 2011 when Jonathan carried PDP Flag and we voted him in as President.

I remember very well he asked me what is vote and what do people do to it? I responded that vote is a power to select good people to be kings over society. He said, uncle, bring back ice cream and some chocolate, ok? He showed zero interest in all I said.

The boy was 15 when we displaced PDP and Jonathan in last election and voted Buhari and APC in. I called my brother's house and asked for him, told him to come out with his father and observe the process for voting. He told me he was waiting on friends, they are going to play football and afterward video game. He didn't ask me to bring anything back but said he will come out with us next time to observe.

He turned 18 this year and a matriculating student. I made sure he registered and has pvc. He still does not understand what it's all about. In 2019 when we go to vote he will be there, as an observer and a participant. I am yet to find out where his state of mind will be in Feb 2019. He is not going to ask for ice cream and chocolate, nor be absorbed in footbal and video game, his focus will be different.

In 2023 my nephew would be 23yrs old, have graduated and served NYSC and employed, or like many now...unemployed. In either of the cases he will be exposed to the reality we all face, no power, poor housing, bad roads, bad bureaucracy, social injustice and all things we complain of under our democracy.

A young boy of 11 asking for ice cream when his elders went and voted in the last administration before Buhari will be there next year when we return to vote Buhari again. He will be voting with us this time.

So I want my Yoruba brothers and sisters to think of this and reflect upon it.

What political democracy children are born into and brought up in will not change dramatically in Nigeria but to get incremental progress toward the goal we need dynamic leaders.

I could bring back ice cream and chocolate for my 11yr old nephew but when he is grown and needs a job, uncle cannot bring a job for him...

Who amongst the political candidates now or in future have dynamic ideas that can be implemented to move us forward as a country? What past records can demonstrate their capabilities?

Tinubu has done in Lagos what no other politician has done for their state or for the nation in the history of Nigeria. His dividends in Lagos paid off to effect leadership in other states and even for the nation. Its almost as if we need to borrow brains from Lagos and put it in Aso Rock...better yet, bring the man that created the new Lagos and put him in Aso Rock.

By 2040 we expect great dividends that pays off for leadership in each state. The adult just turning 30 and ready for public leadership in 2040 is a 10yr old child today in your household asking to be fed ice cream.

Yoruba children are indeed leaders of tomorrow. We must commit to their leadership by doing our part to bring Asiwaju Tinubu into Aso Rock. The task starts now.

the thing that makes me sad? Is that buharri will still be president when your nephew will be 50 years old. It happened to me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Joevics(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2018
Dude, do you know Tinubu was chased out of the APC meeting?

Thinking Buhari and his Northern brothers will hand over the presidency to Tinubu is amusing.

They know him to be very ambitious, El-rufai and the governors had demonstrated their disdain for him.

In 2023, Tinubu won't be the APC candidate, neither will osibanjo.

You can save this for reference.

Moreover don't use Lagos as a yardstick for anything.
lagos has been Nigerian economic hub far before 1999.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
dukie25:

If you want Thief-nubu to rule over the SW, the choice is yours and it's your prerogative. Saying you want him as Nigeria’s president is not only insulting but an affront to civilised values.

Tinubu has demonstrated what is possible in a political democracy.

The other day Saraki sent out a message and said he has been an executive of a state and a legislator of the nation and occupied the number three position...but his antagonist in APC has not held any political position beyond governorship of a state...inferring Tinubu. It is evident how Saraki thinks. When we say a person is "forming"....that's Saraki. Titles are important to him, not substance. Unlike Tinubu, Saraki's profile lack's the challenges and barriers which a true politician at local level must encounter to build experience, toughness and competence to assume leadership of the country.

Politically SW is a region in Nigeria, administratively it has operated better than Nigeria since 2007 under the dividends of Tinubu leadership. The only region out of the six that successfully blocked out PDP from executive power. When every other region is in turmoil, SW is the place of refuge. SW leads other regions of the nation in non-oil revenue generation. SW performs better than Nigeria in policy and strategic implementation of democratic values. SW has a self-managed self-funded development program, similar programs of other regions, like NDDC, NNDC, are managed and sustained by the federation. SW is like a country in a country. The SW of today is thriving under the legacy left by Western Nigeria under Awolowo...but Tinubu has even pushed that legacy a bit forward by instituting a playbook, a template with which successive governors of Lagos can collaborate social developments and progress consistently. Then he cloned this template and it is working across the region. You don't need Tinubu to serve the people, just follow playbook. In quality management this is called process. If Lagos was a corporate enterprise it'd be ISO Certified and join the league of global industry leaders that conform and comply to the needs of their customers.

So when you responded back that the mention of Tinubu is insulting and affront to civilized values you raised eyebrows. What civility can you find anywhere in Nigeria beside the one in SW?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by dukie25: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Tinubu has demonstrated what is possible in a political democracy.

The other day Saraki sent out a message and said he has been an executive of a state and a legislator of the nation and occupied the number three position...but his antagonist in APC has not held any political position beyond governorship of a state...inferring Tinubu. It is evident how Saraki thinks. When we say a person is "forming"....that's Saraki. Titles are important to him, not substance. Unlike Tinubu, Saraki's profile lack's the challenges and barriers which a true politician at local level must encounter to build experience, toughness and competence to assume leadership of the country.

Politically SW is a region in Nigeria, administratively it has operated better than Nigeria since 2007 under the dividends of Tinubu leadership. The only region out of the six that successfully blocked out PDP from executive power. When every other region is in turmoil, SW is the place of refuge. SW leads other regions of the nation in non-oil revenue generation. SW performs better than Nigeria in policy and strategic implementation of democratic values. SW has a self-managed self-funded development program, similar programs of other regions, like NDDC, NNDC, are managed and sustained by the federation. SW is like a country in a country. The SW of today is thriving under the legacy left by Western Nigeria under Awolowo...but Tinubu has even pushed that legacy a bit forward by instituting a playbook, a template with which successive governors of Lagos can collaborate social developments and progress consistently. Then he cloned this template and it is working across the region. You don't need Tinubu to serve the people, just follow playbook. In quality management this is called process. If Lagos was a corporate enterprise it'd be ISO Certified and join the league of global industry leaders that conform and comply to the needs of their customers.

So when you responded back that the mention of Tinubu is insulting and affront to civilized values you raised eyebrows. What civility can you find anywhere in Nigeria beside the one in SW?

Great post, though you left out the millions he allegedly stole.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Nogodye:
I think life have not giving the boy the reason why he must vote coz he got everything he needed when he needs it...Before he graduated i think he will knw the reason why he must participate in election.

That is the story of every household in Nigeria. Those turning 30 next year, 2019, were 10yrs old in 1999.

By now they should have been in jobs earning income. The ladies should have been in their matrimonial homes caring for husbands and children. The men should be engaged in society building values and supporting their family. They are in misery instead. We are in this position today because thinkers did not look twenty years ahead to imagine how their votes then can shape the future of that 10yr old in 1999.

It's not late. We can start it now for the 10yr olds. On their behalf and for their future we should vote for an outcome that positions Tinubu to lead the country.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
dukie25:

Great post, though you left out the millions he allegedly stole.

Thanks. Tinubu made a statement last week and said nobody going for elective post should come to him for support. He said if you have been in service for ten years by now your work should be able to speak for you, not Tinubu. He then said if you come to my house I will see you, if you bring yam and gifts I will take it but when you leave you still will not have my endorsement.

This is evident that yam and democracy go hand in hand.

Obasanjo sent EFCC after Tinubu and they could not find anything to put him away. Jonathan got EFCC to reopen the file and return Tinubu to the dock to answer questions, they still could not find anything illegal to put him away. There is perception that anyone who led a state super rich as Lagos would have pocketed something. We have a system in place that scrutinizes mismanagement of public funds. Our anger should be towards that body for not scrutinizing Tinubu. We cannot improve thieves to stop stealing but we can improve process to punish the act. We must also trust when process gives a person a clean bill. If we second guess process it will not have credibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
Joevics:
Dude, do you know Tinubu was chased out of the APC meeting?

Thinking Buhari and his Northern brothers will hand over the presidency to Tinubu is amusing.

They know him to be very ambitious, El-rufai and the governors had demonstrated their disdain for him.

In 2023, Tinubu won't be the APC candidate, neither will osibanjo.

You can save this for reference.

Moreover don't use Lagos as a yardstick for anything.
lagos has been Nigerian economic hub far before 1999.

It is comical to even the best of Tinubu opponents to believe that Jagaban was chased out of anywhere, meeting or not, and people who witnessed it cannot produce pictures of the moment. grin

To people like you and those who think like you, your civilization ends where Northern elitism begins. To people like me and those who think like me, the Constitution of Nigeria is the boss to Buhari. It brings him under compliance. His Northern cabal falls behind him in order. When we look in the Constitution we are unable to find any power given to North or Buhari to choose successors. We went further and looked in the party constitution, APC has not designated Buhari or North as a kingmaker. I hope this information is helpful to remove your morbid fear of Buhari and North.

Even though this topic is on politics, to follow you into the economics, if Lagos had been an economic powerhouse before 1999 does it not make sense that those who perfected management of that huge economy ought to be the candidates we would enlist to manage the Nigerian economy?

1 Like

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Ogbuefi2020: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
Buhari brought OUK on board to finish Tinubu. I am surprised yorubas don't know this.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Herdsmen: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
No matter how yuroba wan take see the druggie..no body is gonna buy it..

Not even his close ..blood...fellow druggie..fellow cultist..fellow politicians will buy him..

Is a mission that failed from the very first thought.

If awolowo..abiola ganni..no chop president for naija
What make Dullards think tinubu will chop am..

If Yoruba hates ..
Atiku..ibb saraki..lamido and plenty other politicians.. based on corruption
. according to them... We all know is a black mail..because of the fear of an igbo vice president.

What make Dem think other will other Nigerians will support and vote" any other Yoruba man.
What you give I what you get..

Is Kama..
Is more much easy for a Carmel to swim in lagoon than for Yoruba man to be president in Nigeria again..they can only take vice..and thats all..

Meanwhile..the way west dey reason ...to them all Nigerians are daft.. they're only thing wise ones in the country..
Very ignorant of the fact on how other sees Dem..
Yet they're quick to hate igbos for everything..
Thinking that's how they country works..

Someday soon..we all be here to listen to dia cry of regionalisms and Tru federalism once e no pay Dem again..and they return to dia traditional place in Nigeria.. opposition!

They country is watching dia dance of shame with Buhari..
Dia support for herdsmen..
Do support for tyranny..
Dia support for this evil government
.has a long way to go..

Yet some of Dem will foolishly try to divide south and east..
Why begging and wishing for alignment with ye south.
But those onea are wiser now..not after 2015..

..and dey are still sleeping.. having believe that the south I still oblivious of dia kind of politics..
They will stay in West and analyst the position of things . without being on ground...then try to manipulate It on other Nigerians..

Is that not ignorance?
Me just dey laugh..

Wish to see tinubu run for president in this country.. lol..

Between Dem all dey shout Atiku
Saraki kwankwaso.. everyone is corrupt..

Please are those human more corrupt than the brown teeth druggie..?

And when you tell em..druggie I a big thief..they will shout bring evidence..

Like they've gotten one ..for those they shout say Dem corrupt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
Buhari brought OUK on board to finish Tinubu. I am surprised yorubas don't know this.

I dont know what you are talking about here, please clarify. What is OUK's political value in SE? What is his political value nationwide? How do you use a person of zero political weight, locally or nationally, to counter someone who is demonstrably a political juggernaut and strategist, locally, regionally, nationally and even in other countries in West Africa?

We have focused on Tinubu influence within Nigeria. When you hear is undisclosed influence in other countries of black Africa you will be amazed.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Ogbuefi2020: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Herdsmen:

Not even his close ..blood...fellow druggie..fellow cultist..fellow politicians will buy him..

If Yoruba hates ..
. according to them... We all know is a black mail..because of the fear of an igbo vice president.

What make Dem think other will other Nigerians will support and vote" any other Yoruba man.

Is Kama..
Is more much easy for a Carmel to swim in lagoon than for Yoruba man to be president in Nigeria again..they can only take vice..and thats all..

Meanwhile..the way west dey reason ...to them all Nigerians are daft.. they're only thing wise ones in the country..

Someday soon..we all be here to listen to dia cry of regionalisms and Tru federalism once e no pay Dem again..and they return to dia traditional place in Nigeria.. opposition!

Do support for tyranny..
.has a long way to go..

..and dey are still sleeping.. having believe that the south I still oblivious of dia kind of politics..
They will stay in West and analyst the position of things . without being on ground...then try to manipulate It on other Nigerians..

Is that not ignorance?
Me just dey laugh..

Walahi sanusi was so right about these afonjas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Herdsmen:

If Yoruba hates ..

Is Kama..

Do support for tyranny..
.has a long way to go..

Is that not ignorance?
Me just dey laugh..

You have not seen anywhere on this thread i labeled others corrupt.

Beside, the future narrative for Nigeria is past corruption. Thats what we have done for years and it gets worse not better. We are changing the narrative, and Yoruba has earned the right to champion the course. We have the diversity, we have the success and we have the vision.

The talk is about that 10yr old today and how to position human resource along the path of his development so when he turns 30 he does not face a repeat of the abysmal conditions that 30yr olds face since we started this democracy.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Ogbuefi2020: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You have not seen anywhere on this thread i labeled others corrupt.

Beside, the future narrative for Nigeria is past corruption. Thats what we have done for years and it gets worse not better. We are changing the narrative, and Yoruba has earned the right to champion the course. We have the diversity, we have the success and we have the vision.

The talk is about that 10yr old today and how to position human resource along the path of his development so when he turns 30 he does not face a repeat of the abysmal conditions that 30yr olds face since we started this democracy.

Look at this afonja. He he he. We are not kids bro
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Ogbuefi2020: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I dont know what you are talking about here, please clarify. What is OUK's political value in SE? What is his political value nationwide? How do you use a person of zero political weight, locally or nationally, to counter someone who is demonstrably a political juggernaut and strategist, locally, regionally, nationally and even in other countries in West Africa?

We have focused on Tinubu influence within Nigeria. When you hear is undisclosed influence in other countries of black Africa you will be amazed.
It is not really about his political value, the east does not breed megalomaniac like Tinubu. OUK is the only media mogul that can match Tinubu, he is also a "moneybag". During ondo election debacle tinubu tried to activate his media arsenal that was when femi adesina advised buhari to bring OUK after that Tinubu shut up and became loyal. If Buhari wins again Tinubu is finished. And if PDP wins it will even be worse
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by BabaRamota1980: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

It is not really about his political value, the east does not breed megalomaniac like Tinubu. OUK is the only media mogul that can match Tinubu, he is also a "moneybag". During ondo election debacle tinubu tried to activate his media arsenal that was when femi adesina advised buhari to bring OUK after that Tinubu shut up and became loyal. If Buhari wins again Tinubu is finished. And if PDP wins it will even be worse

Yoruba is leading the crusade to engage and put structures in place that will foster the future of our 10yr olds. Tinubu is one of those structures.

If you have recognized OUK as a great political maverick for SE then have satisfaction in that and be content. Dont have nightmares about Tinubu and Presidency.

OUK has no place, there is no role for him under this topic.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by delpee(f): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Flying a kite i guess.
I don't see hope in this case.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by somtookeke(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2020
Nigeria’s Political Future In The Next Decade
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/nigerias-political-future-in-next-decade.html

Share, Like, Comment

Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Perkins2018: 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ogbuefi2020:

Where is ouk now? You igbos and your foolish conjectures.
Re: 2040 Backward To 2019 - The Task For Political Yoruba! by Theenchanter2: 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
I'm yoruba but i don't subscribe to this sh1t that u people and almost everyone does. How does bringing BAT to aso rock add to ur wellbeing? How it will make Nigeria better should be the most important thing and not just being there for being there sake or to massage yorubas ego.

We all know presidents since 1999 favour other region that his own region cos he'll want to be seen as a nationalist, so how will BAT be an exception?

I think its time we need to vote in credible leaders irrespective of tribe and religion. at d end of d day, we're first a Nigerian before any political or religious affiliation.

(1) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Blasts PDP, Peter Obi. Labels Them Betrayals. Video / Nigeria @58: What Message Does This Image Portray? / Ben Murray Bruce Drops Second Term Senatorial Ambition, Withdraws From The Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.