Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa (29569 Views)

Nigerian Military Ranked Above THESE Countries... (Surprising) / Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index / Stronger Than 18 European Countries Nigerian Military Rated 43rd Best Globally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by tstx(m): 9:53am On Sep 03, 2018
Global Military Strength: Nigeria Ranked 43rd

United States retained its prime position as the country with the greatest military firepower beating Russia and China in the latest military firepower ranking for 2018.

Nigeria is ahead of Portugal, Belgium and Cuba.

Egypt leads African military power followed closely by Algeria, South Africa and Nigeria.

A global military ranking institution, Global Fire Power (GFP), citing United States’ Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Fact book, said the country retains the first spot in global military strength.

The ranking is based on population of the country, manpower/personnel strength, financial strength and military arsenal.

The United States has a total military personnel strength of 2,830,100 with available manpower of 145 million from a total population of 326 million.

The country is also credited with 13, 362 total aircraft strength comprising attack, fighter, transport and trainer aircraft and 20 aircraft carriers in addition to 38, 888 armoured fighting vehicles in addition to 5,888 combat tanks, 1,197 rocket projectors among others.

Nigeria is credited with 181,000 total military personnel , 172, 400,000 available manpower, those fit for service stood at 40, 710,000, citizens reaching military age stands at 3, 456,000.

Out of the total military personnel, 124, 000 are active while 57,000 are reserved.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/03/global-military-strength-nigeria-ranked-43rd/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by HungerBAD: 9:54am On Sep 03, 2018
Not bad.

Proudly Nigerian.

If not for the corrupt nature of past Governments, the Nigeria Military with the resources we have,could easily be one of the best in the World, but we will get there.

We will be great again.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by tstx(m): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2018

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by LuciferKristi: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2018
The Mod that banned me since last week, I have a few questions for you.

1. Am I reformed now?
2. Will I stop promoting the noble & dying art of tribalism?
3. Will my ban prevent menopause from leaving missed calls on pocohantas' cellphone?
4. Was I unable to comment on Nairaland during my ban?
5. Has banning me changed Buhari's relationship status from "lifeless" to "alive"?

251 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Turantula(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2018
Then Boko Haram should be about 30th in the world and 2nd in Africa.
Rubbish!!!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by greatdreamer(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2018
If it is Nigerian Army, I can believe the report but under Buhari, NA means Northern Army and they are very brutal when dealing with IPOB, Shia, and unarmed civilians.
Send them to meet Boko Haram, they will tectically manovered to Cameroun and zombies will celebrate it as bravery

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by tstx(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2018
Turantula:
Then Boko Haram should be about 30th in the world and 2nd in Africa.
Rubbish!!!
Bokoharam get military
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by NNAMDIII(m): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2018
43rd? day by day we'll get there!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2018
Pls OP Nigeria don't have any military....

What they have is a terrorist group.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by EmirAbj: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2018
Dansuki Don Chop Money Made For Military Arsenal In Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2018
What was their position before now

Just because it was extended beyond 45, you will now use that as an achievement

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Bethel4Life(f): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2018
is it me that finds this Nigerian army position funny��

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by tstx(m): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2018
Bethel4Life:
is it me that finds this Nigerian army position funny��

Lol.. no bro
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by tstx(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Pls OP Nigeria don't have any military....

What they have is a terrorist group.

Tell that to those 33 soldiers that died yesterday while fighting to keep your country safe.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
tstx:

Tell that to those 33 soldiers that died yesterday while fighting to keep your country safe.

Lolzzzz....i need laugh...

Soldiers fighting for who
Soldiers been defeated by terrorist group dat one na millitary....is just like boys brigade or red cross...

Imagine saying Nigeria soldiers keeping us safe...what a hypocritical assertion...

33 dying is too small.....the number need rise with the speed of light.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Euniceabel: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
The Standarta Token goes online. As I am already part of the Standarta Community, I can send out invitations, so that every invited user gets 11000 coins for free. I get 550 coins for every invitation, so that it is a win-win situation. If you want Infos about the token have a look here. The value of each coin is set to 1$ at the beginning.
If you want to know more about the coin, have a look at this video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1prclizSHQ

What do you have to do to register? 

1. Send me a message with your email address, I will only use it for invitation and delete the message afterwards. 
2. Register on standarta.io and get your 11000 coins. Please be aware, that there is a KYC process like on every crypto currency plattform and you need to upload either your passport, id card or driver's license including a selfie
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
HungerBAD:
Not bad.

Proudly Nigeria.

If not for the corrupt nature of past Governments, the Nigeria Military with the resources we have,could easily be one of the best in the World, but we will get there.

We will be great again.
angry In as much as you can have a good heart at times, you have a self-inflicted aversion for the truth. Not good

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by TheUbermensch: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
This is funny.

4th in Africa.

Yet they couldn't do anything to stop the influx of "trained killer herdsmen from Libya".

Lol. The world should stop lying to Nigeria. The country isn't sh!t.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
Toh! O ti da
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by TheUbermensch: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
HungerBAD:
Not bad.

Proudly Nigeria.

We will be great again.

Surprisingly Nigeria ranked higher in the past administration.

Do well to Google for facts please.

Hehe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by alphaconde(m): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
my papa go ask me which person pikin carry first
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by fk001(m): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
God bless my country

Proudly a Nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by SEONaijaExpert: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
The reformed process worked. That's one major and immediate focus of President Buhari when he came to power.

Before then the military was poorly kept, their money was diverted by Dasuki to the campaign of a man that his political ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigeria. Yet they were in sambisa dying of hunger while the nation expected them to perform.

President Buhari turned around the situation and more territories acquired by the Bokoharam boys were recovered and military gained life again.

I'm impressed with this ranking. Congratulations to the military for their zealousness, sacrifices and commitment to national call.

God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by nanauju(f): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
cool cool
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by sotall(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by ominilongest(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
In catching snake and crocodile for asun

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Wikinaija(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
Rubbish news

Please visit link below
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by ahmEenu(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
NIGERIA AMAKA, IGBO AMAKA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin
Re: Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
Wikinaija:
Rubbish news

Please visit link below

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed / Hausa Community Seeks Reversal Of Okada Ban, Promises Sanwo-Olu Massive Votes / Buhari Picks 15 Special Advisers, Writes Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.