Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? (2130 Views)

Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport / How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? / Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by Carmint: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hello, Please anyone with useful information on the present process of returning home from the UK at the ports of departure?
I hear you are fingerprinted at the port of entry,will like to know if you are scanned too or fingerprinted to know your date of departure from the UK
Please i need useful info from those that came for summer(LATEST INFO) and not just anyone to add to this but true answers from experience
Thank You as you share
You are blessed
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2010
I am not aware of fingerprinting at the point of entry or exit. I returned to Nigeria in March and was not fingerprinted at all. The only time I was fingerprinted was during the biometric scanning at the VFS Center during the visa application process.
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by johnkent(m): 5:39am On Jul 01, 2010
nah, u don't get fingerprinted when u exit the UK but u could be fingerprinted when u do enter the country. I have been fingerprinted every single time i got into the UK. I do not know why and I haven't asked why cuz i really don't care.
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by OmoAlata(f): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2010
johnkent:

I have been fingerprinted every single time i got into the UK.

That is a tad worrying. You sure you don't share the same name with a fugitive or summat I've never been fingerprinted and I travel out of the UK a lot.
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by AjanleKoko: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2010
johnkent:

nah, u don't get fingerprinted when u exit the UK but u could be fingerprinted when u do enter the country. I have been fingerprinted every single time i got into the UK. I do not know why and I haven't asked why cuz i really don't care.

Why would you have been fingerprinted, except you did something, or you have some kind of Al-Qaedaish look about you? undecided

Apart from random checks of your passport, generally nobody questions anybody leaving the UK. Dem no dey even stamp people out sef.
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by johnkent(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2010
LOL.
it is weird thou. Nah, my last name isnt common at all.
I really dont know why i get fingerprinted each time, maybe because i dont require a visa to the enter the UK. I have no clue. And like i've said, it doesn't bother me at all.
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by OmoAlata(f): 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2010
johnkent:

And like i've said, it doesn't bother me at all.

Well, if you are not singled out of the queue then maybe it is OK smiley
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by johnkent(m): 1:41am On Jul 02, 2010
LOL. maybe because on my passport, it has place of birth as Nigeria. LOL
But i dont think thats it since some holders of nigeria passports are not even fingerprinted.
Watever it might be, na them sabi.
Re: Are U Fingerprinted At Heathrow Airport When Returning Home? by coolier(f): 1:56am On Jul 02, 2010
johnkent:

I have been fingerprinted every single time i got into the UK. I do not know why and I haven't asked why cuz i really don't care.

He is right. That's the new law and anybody with a biometric UK Visa will be fingerprinted at point of entry to compare it with the one the applicant submitted with his Visa application - just to be sure it's one and the same person. If you got your UK Visa particularly in Nigeria you will definitely be fingerprinted at the point of entry except you're one of those applicants whose Visas were issued before biometric visas were introduced because then these people's biometrics will not have been captured as part of the application process. You can only be fingerprinted when returning home if you overstay and unlucky to be caught.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/travellingtotheuk/Enteringtheuk/fingerprint-checks-at-border/

(1) (Reply)

9 Ways To Travel The World For Free; Even Get Paid To Do It! / Please Help Me In Making A Decision Turkey Or Egypt / Sweden Student Resident Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.