Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,419 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them (58603 Views)

Nigerian Man Disguises As A Woman To Escape After Killing A Foreigner - pics / South Africa Beach Lovers Protest Lockdown - Police Arrest Them (photos) / Prostitutes Beat Police Woman For Trying To Arrest Them in Mushin(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by weIMPORT: 5:05am On Sep 06, 2018
The operatives of the Imo State Police Command have arrested some Nigerian men after they defrauded a foreigner to the tune of €15,000.

The men are reportedly undergraduates of a university in the state and they are identified as Nicholas Lambert 22; Collins Njoku 22; Bright Chukwuezi, 23; and Chukwuemeka Ononiwu, 27 and their victim identified as Dane, Jeanette Brunsma

Parading Lambert and his accomplices, the state Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, said 11 laptops and 20 phones of different brands were recovered from them.

The CP said the suspects engaged in “advanced fee fraud, otherwise known as yahoo-yahoo to defraud the Dane.”

He said:

“After defrauding Brunsma of the €15,000, the suspects made a fresh demand of €1,500.

“The prime suspect, Lambert, met the victim on Facebook, bearing a fake name, Johnson Mills, in order to commit the crime.”

Explaining how the suspects were arrested, Galadanchi said the victim flew into the country and lodged a complaint at the state command headquarters which led to investigations by the police.

He said the victim’s statement was followed with “a digital construction analysis,” which led to the arrest of the suspects within 24 hours.

The CP said:

“The suspects; Nicholas Lambert, aka Johnson Mills of Onumonu Street, Owerri; Collins Njoku of Umudim Umuduruonyeoma, in the Ikeduru Local Governmrnt Area; Bright Chukwuezi of Umudim Umuduruonyeoma and Chukwuemeka Ononiwu also of Umudim Umuduruonyeoma, were arrested on September 3, 2018.

“They were arrested by a combined team of operatives of Scorpion Squad and Monitoring Unit of the command for advanced fee fraud.”

“The main suspect who claimed to be a US Army Sergeant by name Johnson Mills (Nicholas Lambert) serving in Kabul, Afghanistan, and his friends, who claimed to be Red Cross agents, were arrested in Imo State.

“We swooped on them at their hideout in Umuodu Mbieri, in the Mbaitoli LGA after the victim lodged a formal complaint to the police.

“The suspects have made useful statements to the police, confessing to have defrauded Jeanette Brunsma of Ringwey 10,Weiloo, Netherlands, of the sum of €15,000.

“The exhibits recovered from the suspects include 11 laptops and 20 phones of different brands.”

The prime suspect, Lambert, admitted he committed the crime.

He said:

“I met Jeanette on Facebook; I claimed to be a US solider to defraud him of €15,000.

“After the initial payment, I demanded another €1,500, after which I was arrested by the police in my hotel room.”

He said the other suspects were not aware that he made another demand on the Dane.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-men-scam-foreigner-of-e15000-victim-travels-down-to-arrest-them/

lalasticlala

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by winkmart: 5:07am On Sep 06, 2018
There should be law for all these Yahoo Boys. They need to spend times 3 of their ages behind bars... Criminals

199 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Nukilia: 5:21am On Sep 06, 2018
Smiles... grin When you see them living large, you'll think they've made it in life. angry
What a life!

224 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Betakeshi: 5:24am On Sep 06, 2018
shocked
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Birdyclear: 5:32am On Sep 06, 2018
They should let this boys go jareeh, afterall APC is using Nigeria for Alibaba and no one coughing

153 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:36am On Sep 06, 2018
funny.
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 06, 2018
NCAN niger-delta branch reporting for duty sir... to check Na***

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by dabrin: 6:00am On Sep 06, 2018
cool
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by coolcharm(m): 6:15am On Sep 06, 2018
Birdyclear:
They should let this boys go jareeh, afterall APC is using Nigeria for Alibaba and no one coughing

Just look at you. Why didn't they go to defraud APC instead?

152 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Birdyclear: 6:20am On Sep 06, 2018
coolcharm:

Just look at you. Why didn't they go to defraud APC instead?
Because 'this Nigeria' and we all know fraud before it gets to us. But this whites are always too dumb

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by bedspread: 6:36am On Sep 06, 2018
Useless Life and Living....

Any WEALTH and RICHES GOD ALMIGHTY cannot Give to I and My Family, May we not Get it... May it never Reach Us In JESUS NAME.. AMEN

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by gaby(m): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2018
Lol...illegal money that doesn't amount to anything when a roll call is eventually made at the end of it all...

Check my siggy to how over 1 Million Euros I garnered from the shitty illegal hustle got frittered away exactly the same way I had made it.

No to Yahoo Yahoo and crimes of all sorts.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by hisgrace090: 7:05am On Sep 06, 2018
This is what I call an early morning good news.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Nbote(m): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2018
It is not how dey get dis money dat I find annoying, it is how dey go about spending it. Why dem no dey ever fit use d money do beta thing apart from cars, club and gals

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by FuckFuckBoy(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2018
nuti:
NCAN niger-delta branch reporting for duty sir... to check Na***
Lame

28 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Centcanada: 8:24am On Sep 06, 2018
E done reach like that?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by 9jayes: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2018
Stop scamming people Make extra $100 monthly contract me on WhatsApp
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by dermmy(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2018
Nigeria o ga o
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2018
Issues like these are the reasons why Nigerians cannot succeed in legitimate online businesses.

@ Birdyclear, you said the whites are too dumb? Then how was he able to facilitate their arrest within 24 hours of flying into the country

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by deepwater(f): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2018
mmmm
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 06, 2018
angry
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by harley88(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2018
Birdyclear:
Because 'this Nigeria' and we all know fraud before it gets to us. But this whites are always too dumb

Bro what is wrong is wrong and what is right is right. Two wrongs don't make a right. Why shud the white man that was defrauded pay for the sins of APC/PDP and our leaders

47 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Charmingrascal(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2018
Good news I am very sure when the oyinbo get back to his Country he will tell them how hardworking and active our Police officers are.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Primusinterpares(m): 8:29am On Sep 06, 2018
Fraudulent activity should never encouraged.

Let's channel this energy into something productive.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by tstx(m): 8:30am On Sep 06, 2018
Action Man
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by oyonu(m): 8:30am On Sep 06, 2018
lmao
Re: Nigerian Men Scam Foreigner Of €15,000, Victim Travels Down To Arrest Them by Praktikals(m): 8:30am On Sep 06, 2018
I love the Oyinbo man.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] / Johnson Chrome Adekunle: Toronto City Most Wanted Identity Thief, A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.