Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30175 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2010
On Friday the 24th September, I picked up the last missing part for my car's transformation. It's this:

I won't describe what it is, but I'm sure the beady-eyed amongst will realise what it is. wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2010
As previously posted, I am converting my car's 5-speed Tiptronic transmission to 6-speed manual.

01E 6-speed manual:

4,11:1 rear differential:

Audi S4 6-speed manual shift mechanism:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2010
In the next few days, I shall be rebuilding the rear differential with new oil seals, and filling with fresh gear oil. I shall also be applying a fresh coat of black paint, to the housing, as well as the casing of the 01E 6-speed manual.

And be on the look out for a cheap hack to run around in, for the 2 weeks it will take me to start and finish the first stage of Project B6 A4 Quattro, the bodywork and colour change. The transmission change will take just a weekend, and will be done last.

Watch this space!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by mastro: 6:01am On Oct 31, 2010
updates?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by miksonics(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2010
hey sienna you are blessed for making your machine manual i need your auto gearbox b6,whats the price?

email me at miksonics@yahoo.com
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Kirthiga: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2010
Well very sad to hear, i agree with Ceasar, regarding Chinavasion. I has similar incidents with my car and to replace the parts, i ordered from them. But no delivery and no response for my order sad. Then went with Chinabuye, an online store from China. They have all car accessories and parts at even better rates. Am from India, they do dropship to all over world at free shipping cost with no MOQ limit. Thats helpful to me. And finally my car is back, their accessories are reliable and worth for money.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
mastro:

updates?

In the next two weeks, there'll be more updates. Fatherhood, and upgrade to a larger, 4-bedroom town house have slowed things down.

Tomorrow is completion day.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
miksonics:

hey sienna you are blessed for making your machine manual i need your auto gearbox b6,whats the price?

email me at miksonics@yahoo.com

Yes, my tiptronic tranny will be for sale.

What model of Audi do you have, and what year?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by marco74(m): 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
Hi Siena.Let me first apologize for posting this unrelated issue in your thread,I just didn't know how else to contact you.I know you are one of the authorities in the auto section,and was hoping you could help me answer some pressing question in relation to my wife's subaru forester.How can I reach you(e-mail)?Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2010
Marco, no worries. If you post your email here, I'll send you mine. You can then delete yours from here.

Take care.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by marco74(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2010
docede22@gmail.com.Thanks
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by miksonics(m): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ sienna
Audi a4 2003 B6 3.0l V6
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
Just one last question - front-wheel drive, or quattro?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2010
Miksonics, you haven't responded to my question.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by miksonics(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2010
@sienna

front wheel drive
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2010
miksonics:

@sienna
front wheel drive

Unfortunately, my tiptronic tranny won't be any good for your car, as mine is quattro (AWD).

I can however get you an Audi A4 B6 FWD tiptronic, if you're stuck.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by miksonics(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
@ sienna

what price can i get it?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
You're looking at approximately £375 - £600, dependent on grade.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by DisGuy: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
How's it going?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

How's it going?

All going well bro, just been in the middle of moving house, our internet and phone line have just been transferred over.

As for my project, the strip down begins on Monday the 13th December. Looking to get stage 1 finished by Christmas.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by DisGuy: 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2010
Siena:

All going well bro, just been in the middle of moving house, our internet and phone line have just been transferred over.

As for my project, the strip down begins on Monday the 13th December. Looking to get stage 1 finished by Christmas.

Cool, just noticed you haven't been around- hope lil M Brown is good too first snow grin

stressful thing moving house! Hope you're getting help wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2010
We did get some help moving, yes. All completed now though.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2010
At long last, the day to begin Phase1 of Project B6 Audi Quattro Votex OEM+ has arrived. I had an early start, getting to the workshop by 10:43, and the tear down began. I'll post up pictures later (just gotten home).

It's pretty safe to say, this is the point of no return!
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 14, 2010
Here are a few pictures I took whilst working on Project B6 Audi Quattro Votex OEM+. As with all good re-sprays, it's best as much as possible's stripped off the car, and painted separately. This applies even if the same colour's being used. In my case, it's a complete colour change.

As she arrived, still in one piece:

Starting to come apart, starting at the rear:

Front end strip:

Roof rails being removed - they're being painted too, don't want any chrome bits once she's done:

Doors being stripped of glass, mirrors, trim etc. The handles will also be removed and painted off the car. Followed by the doors themselves:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Aare1(m): 2:14am On Dec 15, 2010
nice one !!!, monitored the first thread,if i remember correctly i actually downloaded the pages to show my peeps at home, we all loved your work, rather sad that it had to have that accident.

but my point is WHERE IS TODAY'S UPDATE angry angry angry angry angry, some of us can't stand all this suspence cheesy
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 6:26am On Dec 15, 2010
@Siena
You are really a car genius!!! I admire your technical competence. I'm wanna see how the car looks after the complete overhaul.

Please i need your help. I've have benefited from your wealth of experience in cars before in this house so i have come yet again,

I have a Toyota Carina E (4A-FE Engine) which runs really well. I have a problem with the dashboard. The "air vent" (i don't know if that's the correct name), the one close to the windscreen, i.e. from where the windscreen is cleared while driving on a rainy day, is broken. The sight of the broken "air vent" has defaced my car and hence the need to change it. From my "layman" inspection, that section of the dashboard is detachable/removal from the rest of the dashboard.

I have been trying to see if i can get it here but mechanics keep telling me i have to buy a complete dashboard, meaning i cannot buy that section alone. The cost of a complete dashboard is about 40K here n i don't have such amount to spend where i believe is possible to get the part of the dashboard.

Please what do you suggest i do? I just hope you will understand what i'm saying since i have used non-technical terms to describe the problem. I would'nt mind to send you money so you can help me buy and send it from there, that is if is possible. I just want that thing changed so i can smile when i look at my car.

Thank you and please keep up the good work.

Eagerly expecting your response,
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2010
@Siena
I can see you are online now. Could you please take a look at my post?

thank you
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2010
Sorry for my late response, Ping.

Do you mean the grille inserts, that are closest to the base of the screen, that defrosts? The long row right at the back of the dash itself?

If so, these are usually available as separate parts, and are a simple push / clip-in fitment. It would help though, if you could post some pictures here, so I could be 100% sure.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2010
Aare 1:

nice one !!!, monitored the first thread,if i remember correctly i actually downloaded the pages to show my peeps at home, we all loved your work, rather sad that it had to have that accident.
but my point is WHERE IS TODAY'S UPDATE angry angry angry angry angry, some of us can't stand all this suspence cheesy

All in good time, brother! It'll be worth the wait, I promise you.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2010
@Siena
Thanks for your quick response. I think your description is correct.

However, i will quickly snap n upload the picture for you.

Thank you.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
Here are the pictures, though they might not be very clear but you can see the problem i have.

Just like you said, it is "simply push / clip-in fitment" and i taught as much too. Our auto mechanics here most times give us the wrong information.

How can you help me get because i believe you can get it over there? I'm ready to pay for it including postage, probably courier.

I will be very grateful if you can do me this favour.

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
More pictures here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.