Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30196 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
Same pictures but with pointers to the problematic areas. This should make it clearer.

Please let me know what it will cost me to get this sent to the country. I guess LHD or RHD dashboard will not be an issue with the grille.

Like i said before, i was told to cough out 40K to buy an entire NEW dashboard because of this broken grille. I know i can get the grille for far less that amount.

I will be expecting your response.

Thank you very much, Siena.

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
No worries, Ping. What year is your car? I believe it's the same shape as the Euro Toyota Carina E.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by debolay: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
Hello siena. How much can you convert range rover hse 2004 model from rhd to lhd
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
debolay:

Hello siena. How much can you convert range rover hse 2004 model from rhd to lhd

I'll price up all required parts tomorrow, then post a quotation here.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2010
Thanks @Siena for your response.

I'm not sure the model year of the car but i think it should be Europe 93/94 model. However, i have posted some pictures of the to help you confirm the model (i know with your experience, you will).

I will appreciate if you can help me smile when i look at my car.

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by debolay: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2010
Thanks siena. I will look forward to ur reply. Cheers
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ping2ping: 11:34am On Dec 16, 2010
Hi Siena. I can see you are online. Could you attend to my post? What's your yahoo ID so we could chat with Yahoo Messenger.

Anxiously waiting for your response
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
ping2ping:

Hi Siena. I can see you are online. Could you attend to my post? What's your yahoo ID so we could chat with Yahoo Messenger.
Anxiously waiting for your response

Simply click on the yellow 'online now' button under my username.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by GoldStar59: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2010
Siena please your attention is needed here.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-570405.0.html#msg7357133
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by debolay: 10:42am On Dec 18, 2010
Siena I am still waiting for your response
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by debolay: 10:44am On Dec 18, 2010
Siena I am still expecting your response as regards the range rover
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by eros(m): 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2010
Siena, sorry to deviate from the topic of discussion, but i need your urgent help.

I ran a diagnostic on my 2001 Acura TL and got the following codes:

P1361 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor A (Top Dead Center (TDC) Sensor) Intermittent interruption or Top.

P1366 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor B (Top Dead Center (TDC) Sensor) Intermittent interruption or Top.

Please what does this mean and what should i do? You can send me the details of what needs to be done through my email: emee30384@yahoo.com

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2010
Eros, both your Camshaft Position Sensors are faulty. If they give implausible signals, these are the codes you come up with. The car will still appear to run fine, though it may have limited performance at higher engine RPM.

Is your Acura TL a V6, with independent CMP's for both banks of the 'V'?

Also, it's worth noting damaged wiring / connectors will also cause the above symptoms. The wiring for CMP's is the coaxial type, so about 2 wires central, then an earth screen on the outside. Check the connectors, make sure they're clean, dry and tight.

Best of luck.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ED1: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2010
Hi Siena sir,
Sorry 'bout the road mishap n ur car too.
I av always loved the way you have started and contributed to discuss that border on Audi as a car brand.
This is quite rare in Nigeria; I mean to find guys who speak good of Audi cars. All you hear is complaints on cost of maintenance, prone-to-fault nature of the car etc.
I av a friend who his cousin, a car dealer refused bluntly to sell him any A4, reason being that A4 cars would give my friend series of problems. And that such faults are not cheap to handle.
So being an Audi lover myself (cos I really no dig Japs cars) what will you likely tell any Audi user in Naija as regards such myth.

Thank you in advance,
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by eros(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
Siena:

Eros, both your Camshaft Position Sensors are faulty. If they give implausible signals, these are the codes you come up with. The car will still appear to run fine, though it may have limited performance at higher engine RPM.

Is your Acura TL a V6, with independent CMP's for both banks of the 'V'?

Also, it's worth noting damaged wiring / connectors will also cause the above symptoms. The wiring for CMP's is the coaxial type, so about 2 wires central, then an earth screen on the outside. Check the connectors, make sure they're clean, dry and tight.

Best of luck.

Thank so much for your invaluable advise Siena. I will have my mechanic clean the connectors and make sense they are clean, dry and tight. I suspect this problem started after i washed my engine twice in 3 days. Maybe water might have entered the connectors.

I guess i will have to re-diagnose to check if the problem have being corrected, but if not, then i will have to replace the Camshaft position sensors right?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
eros:

I guess i will have to re-diagnose to check if the problem have being corrected, but if not, then i will have to replace the Camshaft position sensors right?

Yes, if cleaning the connectors makes no difference, and the fault codes return after clearing them, then new replacements are the only answer.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
Back on topic - I haven't updated this thread as often as I xould have, what with the festive season, flu etc.

Well, my car's all done, and this concludes stage 1. Will be posting pictures of the transformed car soon. Keep checking for updates!

PS: Has anyone guessed the new colour yet?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Bruno6363: 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2011
Hi Siena, I need a pricequote for converting a mercedes 280 sl, model year 2000, from RHD to LHD.
I'm sorry to do this at this forum but as a newbee I don't know how to contact you. I can't find your
e-mail adress. embarassed
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
^^^ No worries, Bruno, and welcome to Nairaland.

I'll get back to you with regards to cost. My email's siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by kayoday(m): 7:35am On Jan 15, 2011
please ur attention needed here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-582684.0.html

thank you
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
Hi guys!

As I promised, I'm sharing pictures of my transformed car. I still need to fit tyres to my new wheels, but here's the car. Besides the obvious colour change, I've fitted the Audi optional Votex kit, which consists of side skirts, front and rear under-bumper valences, and a high-level spoiler on the tailgate.

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 05, 2011
More. . .

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
Yet more. . .

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
And lastly. . .

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
Some may have noticed a theme from my old car has been carried over - the gloss black roof. wink

Still work to be done - fit the side skirt retaining clips within the door recesses, clip the sides of the front valence i place, and of course fit new badges - the old Audi rings, A4 and 3,0 quattro chrome decals I removed before painting, new ones have been ordered.

Possibly after fitting my new wheels, I may pass this project on, as one of my favourite Audi models has become much more affordable. Still, enjoy the progress of this one, whilst I still have her!
wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 06, 2011
even with a 100 guesses, i wouldn't have predicted the white color but its beautiful anyway.

Siena, a friend offered to sell a 2000 VW 4 1.8 cylinder passat to me for 1m (sent in from Switzerland), please can u advice? price? is there any known problem with the model/year? or should i settle for a 2003 version i intend to pre-order from here. thank you
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 06, 2011
^^^ Thank you, K2wise.

There are no known issues with the 2000 Volkswagen Passat, though the 1,8 (if it's the non-turbo 125hp model) is very under powered, and has had issues with the throttle body in the past. It will also be the pre-facelift model.

I would certainly go for the 2003 model (which was face-lifted in September 2001). My choice would be either the 2,3L 20V 5 cylinder (150 / 170hp) or the 2,8L 30V V6 (193hp).

Best of luck, let's know how you get on.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2011
Thanks Siena.

That said, I will go for the 2003 or 2004 model. I usually prefer the European versions of my cars to the American, I might be wrong but they come cleaner. please do you know any dealer that can get me one? asap. or can u? LHD of course
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2011
K2wise, take a look here. These are newer than 2003, more like 2004 onwards, but it'll give you an idea. Find what you're happy with, and let me know.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2011
A look where?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2011
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2011
Thanks will get back to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.