Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Married Single - A Romance Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Married Single - A Romance Story (14648 Views)

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) / FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE

Chris, the once loving, caring and sweet husband to Stella suddenly turned into a hateful, uncaring and bitter husband few years after their marriage. Keeping late nights, going out with side chicks and getting drunk became the order of the day. Stella tried to make him change all to no avail.

She decided to quit trying to change Chris and teach every discontented married man a lesson, but there is trouble as her over possessive ex boyfriend comes into the scene. He is ready to do anything to get Stella to himself alone. Find out how everything played out as you read this mind blowing story.

Source - http://youngicee.com/2018/07/new-romance-story-tisa-phiri-married-single.html

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 1

Walking to the alter and looking into the eyes of the person before you. Their smile makes you feel you are the best person in the world. Like you are the most beautiful of all.
You smile as you take the vow.. " I Do!" You say it without hesitation. Everyone present cheer loudly, others look at you with envy and definitely some with excitment.
Memories of my wedding day rushed through my head as I stared in the sky. Looking at nothing in particular. I sighed and grabbed the glass of lemonade on the small table besides me.
I was laying on a plastic stretcher alongside the pool. Taking a bitter reflection of my now crashed life.
There was nothing in my heart that gave me pride of what was now surrounding me. Just 5 years ago I thought I was the happiest woman alive. I was one of those people who had boasted of finding the right man, with a well paying Job. His generosity was beyond what I had imagine. He could spoil me with everything I needed as a woman.
Who wouldn't fall in love with such a guy? Anyway I did, or at least I thought I did until when reality caught up with me.
Overtime I realised marriage wasn't as I had anticipated. It was not all roses and kisses. Those moments when you start looking at your partner as though they are nothing but a person you lay with in bed. You ask yourself how on earth you chose them. Forgetting the first touch you had, the passion, the wonder in their smile and anything else that made sense now turn into the most irritating things in your partner's life.
Am Stella, a secretary at a large firm in town.
I grew up on the copperbelt. Were I did my secondary school at Luanshya Girls Secondary as well as trained as a secretary at a small private school I wasn't so proud to mention.
Since my parents couldn't afford to pay for the reasonable courses, I had settled for a secretaliate course which I completed within 2 years.
Lucky for me My connected boyfriend, now husband Chris Sichone hooked me up to a big firm dealing with supplying of large machines and equipments to other firms.
Soon after our marriage, Chris and I had settled in Lusaka were he found me a job.
Chris was a business man he bought and supplied vehicle spare parts and cars from outside the country.
I was over heels for him within the 6 months that we dated. He was charming, jovial and so lovely he made my knees go weak every time he kissed me. His help in terms of finances to my family really won me over. I knew I found him and my parents loved him to the core.
If not for my uncle who insisted on charging more money for my pride price, my parents could have given me off to him free of charge.
I had scolded them for telling me they would only charge him a small fee since the guy was already being helpful.
"You don't have to show your desperation for marrying me off. I can stand head high. Am still young and beautiful" I blushed standing up and turning around for my mother who smiled.
"I know my dear. You are the Apple of my eye!" She chuckled bouncing her shoulder with pride.
To cut the story short, things went on well and Chris and I married barely 6 months after our courtship.
I discovered later on that Chris wasn't the person I thought he was. To start with, he was a womanizer and drinking was his second talent.
Overtime I thought he was going to change but I was so wrong. My husband practically forgot being a husband to me and all he did was shower me with money.
Things got worse when I could give him a child. He practically ignored my existence. Coming home late hours am sometimes sleeping out.
One day I just decided I was tired of waiting for him to grow up like people used to tell me he would. I was tired of sleeping in bed alone and longing for my husband to touch me.
Bravely I had waited for him to return from his outings and made him sit down in our bed.
" Chris" I started calmly.
" I have seen how much you love your women out there and are always out either on a business trip, with your friends or girlfriends drinking. Today I want you to know that am tired of all this. I will not cry for you anymore."
" Okey, am listening " he said surely untouched by my complaints.
He had made it clear that I was somehow to blame for his behaviour. He told me I was so nagging and I didn't give him the respect he derseved as a man.
" i am setting you free Chris. I want you to continue exploring and doing whatever it is you have been doing over the years. I won't give a damn how you will Live your life from now on. Provided you let me live mine too"
I watched his facial expression to see if there was any pain or remorse in his eyes. But all I could see was clear unconcern. It was like my words didn't even get to his ears.
" whatever!" He answered rudely
" What? Just That? Thats all you are going to say you son of a bi..." I couldn't finish my sentence and I saw him stand up shooting me with his now red eyes. " you are a mad woman, stop bothering me already and do whatever the hell you please. And dont you dare insult my mother. I swear on her grave I will make sure you eat back your words" he snared and walked out on me leaving me with my mouth open.
I slowly walked to the wardrobe, Opened the first drawer and removed my wedding ring placing it carefully like it would break.
" well Stella, you are now a single woman. You are free and this marks the beginning of your free life" I sighed and took out a bottle of beer Chris had left, drinking it's content like I was a professional. No one would tell it was the first beer I was taking my entire life.
Here I am now a year later.. on a Saturday afternoon. The October heat scorching my skin I was now contemplating going back in the swimming pool.
" Hey beautiful!" I heard a man's voice calling me out. I turned my head towards the man and he smiled showing off his white moustache.
Quickly I checked out his skin tone. Realising it was so smooth and mild. I smiled back.
" now this is a man worthy my smile " i thought to myself and stood up leaving the towel which was wrapped around my waist deliberately on the pool chair I had lay on.
I saw him lick his lips and biting it lustfully.
My eyes went direct at his wrist watch, a genuine Gold Rolex watch..
" hey handsome" I smiled widely. " so are you married," I asked making his face turn downwards instantly.
" Don't worry you can ignore that question. I was just pulling your leg" I let a small laugh. His face had already given him away. Especially that he tried to hide his finger where the wedding ring was. He was my exact target.
Am sure now people are wondering what the hell a married woman is doing flirting with a man in her swim suit.
Well, lets just say I found myself a better way of relieving my frustrations. I wasn't going to sit and make myself miserable just because my marriage was failing.
My mission was simple. I planned to teach some married men some good lessons such that when I was done. Those who were sensible enough would never look at another woman besides their wife.
" So are we swimming or you are going to keep staring at me ?" I finally asked the man before me.
He shrugged. " I thought you would never invite me "
" come in Mr, I flashed him a smile and went diving into the pool. It was quite a private place and so wasn't so clouded. Just tge way i liked it.
I had gone there as was my new trend of going to places were some well established people were found. I knew one uncontented bastard would approach me.
I made sure I used up all the money I got from the men I met to take care of myself. My skin was so smooth I had no problems walking around in my bikin. My hair was always on point, not to talk of my dress code.
After Swiming with the man who I now came to know as James Kaluwe, a bank manager at Barclays bank. I let him hold me around.
When I was satisfied he had his between thigh friend pointed out, I walked out of the pool and threw the towel on my shoulder heading to the rooms to change into my clothes.
I just finished dressing when he emerged, his desire for me writen all over his face.
I was sure he thought he was going to feed his down friend but I decline his demands and instead left my card.
" another time handsome, I got to go now" I sighed looking at my phone. " something came up so I got to go" I added kissing his cheek and leaving him standing like a log.
Getting home, i found Chris seated in the living room his phone in his hands. I called out a greeting and went in the bathroom.
I had to make sure he saw me walk in and then go to the bathroom so that he would start imagining what was causing me to take a bath after being out for hours.
I sat in my towel at the couch opposite him eating the cornflakes I just made for myself.
" So how was your day Chris?" I smiled looking at him.
He lifted his eyes from the phone and shook his head. " like you care you hypocrite!" He snapped angrily.
I let a laugh and lifted my hands in surrender. " My bad, I should have read that my dear Hubby isn't in the mood today" I said calmly and went back to crunching my cornflakes.
Enjoying the crunchness and the cold milk I had added to them.
I saw Chris steal some glances at me as I smiled and made some small giggling noise while I chatted on my phone.
After some minutes I heard him cursing but I was not paying attention to him. He stood up and walked out after grabbing the keys from the table.
The door out slammed loudly making me startle a little.
I shook my head proudly. Chris was getting exactly were I wanted him to be and I was enjoying myself to the maximum.
I put down my phone and started searching through the channels for something to watch. Came across a movie called " diary of a mad black woman " I had watched it several times but I wanted to watch it again. The part were the wife mistreated the husband after he was involved in some shoot out was my favourite. I just loved the desperate look of the man especially when she eat in front of him.
I sighed and placed my legs on top of the couch ready to relax myself.

Written by Tisa Phiri
All Right Reserved

Source: www.youngicee.com/category/married-single

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2018
I'm inviting you all here
judy743 (f ), donweasley (m ), Ofez (m ), mereeam(f ), kizrey (m ), IamNanas (m ), maryamcy, ADEBAYOGBENGA, Sheguama , hidhrhis (m ), Chimaobi84 , disguyz (m ), eddykisses1 ( m ), Gerardo88 (m ), Chumzypinky ( f), Fasinaomolade , Shawen99 (m ), Iambees ( m ), felix00 ( m ), dadayung1 ( m ), Abimloaded ( m ), ebonyyettie , Olaiyadoam( m ), scarra ( m ), ceecaro( f), shangzwayne (m ), Fannycfo , Bluehaven (m ), skubido( m ), Stanleyafam ( m ), Oyinprince ( m ), Favouritetega (f ), SammieLowkey(m ), Doubleprof1 (m ), okafor200 ( m ), teefeh25 (f ), EddieGrodo (m ), Cymaxy(m ), damibigmo (m )

3 Likes

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2018
gbam, don land

nice wan bro, following

tanks for the calling
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 2

I sat on our bed and watched as Chris dressed up. It was a Friday and so I knew I wouldn't see him that night.
I stood up and sat in front of the mirrow putting my make up kit on the table, getting to it as I hummed to a song.
" so where are you going this time of the day?" I heard him ask. For a minute I ignored him until I felt his hand touching my shoulders roughly. " hey am talking to you Stella" he scolded loudly.
" touch me that rough again I swear am gonna sue you for battery." I snarled angrily. " the last time I checked you and I do what we please in this house so there is no need for you to start questioning me like that. It's Friday Chris, or have you forgotten?" I sighed patting my face with powder.
" i am a man Stella, don't you dare compare yourself to me. Your are a damn woman" he crawled angrily.
I kept quite. I wasn't going to let him spoil my night. I had a date with James and I wasn't going to spoil it with getting upset.
James had given me a call the following day after our meeting at the pool. I definitely knew he would call. His lustful look was so evident the time I was leaving him. Since then I had met him for more than a couple of days.
I took one last look at my eye brows, satisfied I looked Good, I stood up and pulled down my short skirt and placed the heels on my feet.
All the time Chris had sat down watching me.
" if you are tired of this marriage, you go ahead and devorce me" I smiled and before I walked away he held my hand and pulled me towards him.
" if that's your wish so that you can go out with your silly boyfriends then you are wrong Stella. Am never going to give you that pleasure." He snapped
I smiled and sighed calmly. " Good, suit yourself, everything you decide works for me" I shrugged.
" let go of my hand Chris am going to be late. And I bet you should be going too. Patty must be waiting " I mentioned the name of the girl who used to call me and insult me. Telling me that I sucked in bed no wonder my husband left me or her. I saw Chris's face frown and he let me go.
As I drove my small car a Toyota IST which I got from my savings since I never used my salary for either food( Chris catered for that) nor clothes and other items which I had other guys take care of.
My mind wild back to how it all started.
Chris had gone out on his usual outings. Like a good wife I was then I sat in the living room waiting for him to return home. I kept on glancing at the watch as time clocked from minute, to hours and i noticed it was past 03 am. I tried his line but it was off.
Getting worried sick I paced around the house.
" oh God we have been married for only a year, please don't let anything bad happen to my dear husband" I said a prayer.
I was starting to loose hope and thinking of going to report to the police just in case Chris was involved in some kind of accident or maybe robbed.
The sound of the hard knock on the door startled me and I ran to the door my heart racing.
Opening the door, I found Chris so drunk holding some bottles of beer in his hands. He couldn't walk properly.
I helped in inside and he smiled holding on to me. " Stella honey, you still awake" he murmered as he struggled to keep his eyes
Open. I wondered how he drove back home.
" Chris what is the meaning of this?" I asked when he was sober. " You have started coming home late, no in the morning what is going on?" I asked calmly.
" every sane man needs some time out, you don't have to go all fusy with all this. Just get used to the idea that I will not stay in doors like a slave dog. Am a man and I find pleasure in having some time out with friends. You know, catching up and sharing ideas" he added.
I tried to reason with him to at least to be becoming back early. " it is not only good for a married man Chris but also dangerous. You have no idea how sick worried I was yesterday just to have you coming back at 05 in th morning."
From that day things had changed, he never reasoned with me on anything concerning his social life. I started washing off ladies powders and lipsticks from his shirts. He would receive mid night calls and texts from different women.
I had tried to complain to some of his aunties and they all encouraged me to say he would change. I had to make him grow, but I started lossing patience over time.
He was taking my trying to help him do the right thing as nagging.
My best friend Susan encouraged me to be committed to God. We went for church prayers, entered into prayer and fasting but it was like the more I tried to make him and pray for his change, the more he went further away from me.
The fact that I wasn't giving him a child made every thing worse as my husband told me point blank he had nothing to stay home for. All his friends had kids and blamed me for being barren.
I was lost in thoughts thinking about my life when I spotted Jame' s range rover. He had parked outside Villa Excetive lodge.
I sighed and took a quick look at my face before I moved out of my car.
As I passed the reception I spotted him seated in the corner with a glass of wine in front of him.
" HI!" He called me out standing and pulling the chair for me to sit in.
" sorry am late" I faked a smile. I wasn't so much in the mood that night but I had to get myself going.
" it's fine dear I understand obviously ladies take longer to finish Preparing themselves." He chuckled.
" so, James tell me something about your wife" I cut in after some minutes of talking about nothing in particular.
He sat up looking at me. I don't get you Stella, even last time we talked about my family. Why do you insist on knowing about my family? He asked placing down his glass of wine.
" well I want to understand why a man of your status, with 3 beautiful children and a wife is out here at this time of the day with me" I calmly explained seeing his face drop down the table.
" what kind of woman do you have for a wife James. Please if you care about me let's chat a little more about this" I smiled rubbing his hand with mine gently as I kept my eyes at him.
He seemed uncomfortable but after a few minutes he sat back and relaxed.
" My wife," he started
" she's so nice, we have been married for over 15 years and she has never burdened me with anything. She manages out money well, she goes an extra mile for my family members to educate them and help them here and there. Our children are well mannered I bet it's all her doing."
I watched in silence as James talked about how wonderful his wife was. Tears running down my face as I saw his face brighten up. It was like he didn't even realise it till then what he was losing.
He finished talking and I saw him frown sadly. " she's an Angel but all I have done is eye other women. I don't know what is wrong with me Stella." He whispered desperately looking at me his eyes with sincerity.
I wiped the tear from my eyes. Took a deep breath and looked back at him. " tell me one more thing James. If you found your wife with another man somewhere. Let's say taking some drinks like we are doing. How can you feel? And what can you do?" I paused deliberately waiting for him to digest my question.
" I..i..i am ..i don't know how I would react but I surely will be disappointed and maybe devorce her."
" good" I sat back looking at him.
He then looked sharply at me realising my point. " who are you?" He made some wrinkles on in his face as he stared at me.
I smiled slightly "Let's just say am a married-single woman who got tired of living the kind of life that you are subjecting your wife to."
" imagine I was your wife and you another man. Holding and touching you like this," I bent forward my hand going down his thighs.
" imagine James, I was your wife and I am rubbing another man so gently as his face turned with desire to lay with me, Imagine your wife laying down the bed as another man pushes himself slowly and gently inside her making her cry some soft moans of pleasure. Imagine her shouting another man's name as she closes her eyes. Appreciating another man's body, comparing it to yours and thinking the guy before her is just what she needs and not you, imagine.........."
I couldn't finish my sentence and James stood up abruptly pushing the table.
" stop it damn it! Who sent you to me? Huh? tell me, did my wife send you to seduce me and later on tell me all this staff. I swear if I find out she planned all this I will make you both pay!" He snapped his face full of fury.
I stood up slowly facing him.
" you are one damn stupid and selfish man James, you have denied your family some time and your wife sits there waiting for you to return home and yet you spend all your money on women you don't even know. You are an idiot James. I don't care how educated you think you are but this your behaviour makes you a fool instead of a man." I said my heart out despising his stupid look.
" If you are man enough James, go back home to your wife, apologise for what you have done. Try to make up for the lost time. I can assure you no woman is different. We are all the same and am pretty sure the way you lust for me that's how another man out there lusts for your wife.
And if you don't change and man up am pretty sure she will seek for what you cannot give her" I added and grabbed my handbag leaving Jame standing like a monument his mouth open.
I bet he had not seen that coming. I had met up with him several times before getting to know him better and letting him shower me with his money and all my demands. Every time he would ask for sex I would give an excuse and postponed the act to another day.
That night I had assured him of a great time and I was so sure he was ready for me.
Seeing him all fumed and shocked made me feel so damn good I almost jumped with pleasure.
I unlocked my car and then decided to just give him one more detail. So I walked back in the lodge and found him now seated his hands holding his head as he looked down the floor.
" by the way, I used up about K15 000 of your money for nothing. I wouldn't give you my body cause you are a damn selfish bastard.
Your wife could have given you what you wanted from me for free!" I added patting his back.
" Thank you for everything James. And all the best in your marriage" I added and walked out my head held high.
Sitting in my car I held the steering and sobbed silently. The pain of my own failed marriage striking at me harshly.
I was still trying to get hold of myself when my phone rung. Checking the caller ID, I shook my head.
The only married man that I couldn't deal with was calling me. My ex boyfriend. For him everything was so complicated I didn't even know how I was going to work things out.
" Mike!" I responded composing myself.
" yes love, I missed you and am outside your house. I need to speak to you and if you don't come out soon enough I will call your stupid husband and tell him am here for you" he threatened and I could hear his voice so calm. He was probably smiling knowing I would ran to him.
I knew what I was doing but the last thing i wanted was to have some family drama with Chris. I was sure if he knew of any man with me he would tell the entire family and hold meetings to shame me. That was the last thing I needed so I was trying by all means to play it cool.
" you are insane you idiot, how dare you. Am not home right now" I responded
" yeah I love you too you know, that's why am giving you 10 minutes to get your beautiful self back here" he shouted and cut the line. .
" what a bastard!" I cursed putting the key in the ignition. I had to see him before it was too late.
Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by EddieGrodo(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2018
Oyinprince:
I'm inviting you all here
judy743 (f ), donweasley (m ), Ofez (m ), mereeam(f ), kizrey (m ), IamNanas (m ), maryamcy, ADEBAYOGBENGA, Sheguama , hidhrhis (m ), Chimaobi84 , disguyz (m ), eddykisses1 ( m ), Gerardo88 (m ), Chumzypinky ( f), Fasinaomolade , Shawen99 (m ), Iambees ( m ), felix00 ( m ), dadayung1 ( m ), Abimloaded ( m ), ebonyyettie , Olaiyadoam( m ), scarra ( m ), ceecaro( f), shangzwayne (m ), Fannycfo , Bluehaven (m ), skubido( m ), Stanleyafam ( m ), Oyinprince ( m ), Favouritetega (f ), SammieLowkey(m ), Doubleprof1 (m ), okafor200 ( m ), teefeh25 (f ), EddieGrodo (m ), Cymaxy(m ), damibigmo (m )
I'm here o...where's ma sandwich?
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 3

As I drove back home my heart was racing, Mike just had that effect on me. My greatest fear was not his threats but the fact that I couldn't trust myself around him. Mike was my first love. We met way back when I was in secondary school. Mike was two years ahead of me.

We had a relationship that I would call ' crazy love' when ever he knocked off from his school he would pass through Luanshya girls to pick me up then we would walk home together. Whenever they were some functions at any of our schools Mike would pay for both of us to go. We were neighbours and our families so close.

My parents knew him too but we played as ordinary friends whenever we were around them. I recall how, whenever I went to his house his mother would shout

" Mike come and see your sister has come" and my parents would do the same whenever he came home.

We would always make funny of it after wards laughing at how they made us sister and brother. ." One day these guys will be shocked when they know what we do away from their presence " Mike would laugh.

" mnmmm am sure my mom knows Mike, she asked me about us and I have been trying to tell her the same lie that we are just friends and you help me with school work." I would tell him.

" well, it's even Better they know right?" He would smile holding me. " after all when we are both out of school and we do some courses you and me are going to get married" he said proudly.

As time went by we were inseparable and I had deeply fallen for Mike. I didn't even know I would end up married to another man.

I was lost in thoughts when my phone vibrated bringing me to the moment.

" am on my way Mike" I responded without looking at the caller ID.

" I dont have the whole day babe" he answered

" where are you now?"

"Am just passing Mashlands will be using the hybrid route to come to PHI." I explained looking ahead as a vehicle overtook me.

" now will you let me drive in peace?" I shouted

" forget about coming here. Just get to Hybrid and you will find me parked by the station." He responded.

I sighed as I cut the line. " he's crazy he will put me in trouble" I shook my head.

I found Mike parked and he directed me to follow his car leading me to Gonde lodge in Chelstone.

" come on give me some love babe, I missed you so much." He hugged me after we parked.

" stop holding me like that Mike, people might see us am a married woman now" I complained

He let a small laugh. " you call that a joke of a man as your husband.? You have no idea what kind of people that your stupid man hungs out with. He's a jerk I wonder how you have managed to live with him for 5 years Babe."

" stop talking about my husband Mike. I don't like this you know that. Just tell me why you brought me here already" I struggled to push him away as my body desired to move closer to him.

" as long as i live you will always be mine Stella. Remember you promised me forever. I have not managed to love anyone else but you. I will not give up on you cause as far as am concerned you and me belong together Stella. Am the only man that makes you feel like a queen that you are. Come on babe don't pretend you can't feel me right now" he chuckled pulling me back to his chest.

" stop ! Mike please, you are a married man too. You got married and now have a family with your wife and two kids. Just let go of the past and be happy with what you have." I spoke up my voice almost in a whisper as all this while he kept his gaze at me. His big lips partly patted reminding me of the times I would kiss them.

" mnmmm you are wasting your time if you think am going to buy that bullshit. The only reason I married that woman is because she got pregnant for me and you know why I slept with her in the first place " he leaned forward placing his mouth on my ear. I moved back landing my back in his car.

" stop Mike please " I murmered

" I will remind you Stella. It's because the time I got back home to get to marry the only girl I loved. I found that she betrayed me and was marrying another man. You betrayed me Stella, you couldn't wait for only 2 years I was away making our future."

" I have already told you Mike. I didn't know what to make of your silence. You never communicated. How the hell did you think I would feel and think of you." I tried to defend myself.

" you should have trusted my word dammit! " he shouted hitting the car angrily and making me jump a bit in fear.

" I made a promise to you and I kept it. What did you do? You ran into the hands of that clown. He doesnt even love you the way I do. " he added his eyes displaying sadness.

I tried to talk him out of wanting to have me in a relationship with him.

" we cannot change things Mike, it's over you have to move on" I cried looking at him.

" please go back to your wife and be happy. I don't want us to keep fighting over this. What's done is done. please" I begged

Instead of answering me, he excused himself and walked away heading to the reception.

I stood akimbo not knowing what he was planning now. Mike was so stubborn. Since he discovered were I was staying he made it his mission to follow me. He had even taken his time to follow my husband around getting to know the kind of person he was. After making his discoveries, Chris' s behaviour did not help things. His obsession with me grew even stronger, he was determined to have me to himself.

I had tried to escape him and give him a million reasons why I wouldn't see him but I bet my biggest mistake was to give him my line. He would text me at whatever time he wanted. I had to keep on deleting his love messages.

" okey let's go!" Mike walked towards me holding some key in his hands.

" where are we going Mike?" I asked looking at him.

" come on babe you are not expecting us to stay out here right," he said pulling my hand and walking to the rooms.

I walked behind him with every step I took feeling my self being drawn to my sin. I knew getting to some room with Mike was the biggest mistake but i let my body direct my steps.

Mike started unlocking the door and I kept my eyes on his moustache, the small scratch i remember he got from a soccer match in high school was so visible it made me smile in my mind. I moved my eyes up his cheekbone analysing his dark skin. Up to the eyes which looked so intense I feared looking in them was going to make me want to rush for him and kiss him passionately.

" are you coming in or you will stand out there looking like a lost person?" He spoke up making me look away sharply.

" of course" I cleared my throat.

" 5 minutes Mike say whatever you want to say and let me go home it's getting late now and my husba....."

Without letting me say my words out, Mike pushed me to the wall holding me tightly.

" let that bastard get the taste of his own medicine. Today you are with me and am not letting you go until am satisfied I have had enough of you." He shrugged showing me the key and placing it in the back of his pocket.

" Mike " i tried to say but he closed in reaching his thick lips to my mouth making it so difficult to breath.

My mind kept on Warning me it was wrong to be with another man when I was married to another. It scolded me and told me to leave immediately and save myself from sin, but my body had a different point of view.

" Mike stop! Please! " I whispered when he let my lips go and started kissing my neck.

" we cannot do this please!" I closed my eyes.

he lifted my head and looked at my eyes.

" I can't because I know you want me as much as I want you. Stop fighting it Stella. You know you feel for me and am the man for you, I have always been and now am back. You are mine Stella and I will always love you" he whispered as he worked his hands around my whole body taking his time as he went in my hidden parts making me moan in pleasure.

I don't even remember how he got me from the wall to bed. The only thing I recall is feeling him inside me making me scream in pleasure as I held him closer to me.

He smiled all along taking his time and making some eye contact with me. Calling me all the sweet names he used to call me and driving me crazy as the pleasure increased.

I was lost in the arms of the man who wasn't my husband and even the voice that had been whispering telling me to stop had ceased.

It was quite and all I could think of was the deep passion and intensity of what Mike was driving me through.

After what seemed like hours, we both fall back sighing and panting.

" tell me that husband of yours makes you feel like that?" Mike giggled looking at me.

I couldn't answer him because I knew he would read through my lies. " this can never happen again Mike" I struggled to talk.

He lay back smiling. " you are mine babe and no one will take away what belongs to me. He has to kill me first" he said seriously and I felt my heart pump faster.

Now that I had opened myself to sin I knew the devil would use it as a way to push me further from God.

After being with Mike for 2 more hours I managed to beg him to go back home. I looked at my phone and it was almost mid night.

" oh my God, what If Chris is already home? Is he going to know I was with another man? What if he saw me drive in the lodge and saw Mike and I stand close to each other and later on enter the room?" Are some of the questions I kept asking myself as i drove closer to PHI where home was.

I stopped by the gate and sighed going to open it praying that Chris wasn't home yet. " Thank God!" I looked up as I pushed the gate open and found Chris's car wasn't inside.

I quickly went inside and took a bath. Replaying the moments with Mike recalling every feel of pleasure I had.

" oh my God what have I done? Am so in trouble" I thought to myself and went to bed wanting to be asleep the time Chris would get back. Hoping and praying he would be drunk so that he wouldn't notice my guilty face.

I heard the gate opening and I shut my eyes to make me look like I was fast asleep.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
hmmmm,

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 4

I woke up that morning at 07 am. I had fallen asleep after I pretended to be sleeping. I heard Chris walk in the house and he didn't come to bed.

It was a great relief for me cause I couldn't have taken it having him so close. I started wondering how Chris felt. If I had cheated on him with another man once and all the guilty was piled up in my heart, how about him who did it everyday? I asked myself.

Instead of waking up to pray that morning as I always did, my conscience couldn't allow me. I felt I had betrayed God and kneeling to pray would just make me more of a hypocrite than I already was.

I grabbed the bible and placed it right back shaking my head. I walked to the sitting room and found it empty, "where the hell did this man sleep then?" I whispered.

" of course" I sighed as I walked to the other bedroom. I pushed the door open and when I saw the two people curled up in the bed, my heart stopped for a bit.

" what the hell" I shouted standing in the door way.

I saw Chris move slightly,he opened his eyes and looked at me. " please can you stop yelling? Your voice is too annoying. I don't want you to disturb my beautiful woman here. She gave me the best night ever and she deserves a better rest" he whispered looking at me.

The thought of answering back came rushing in my mind but I pushed it back. I closed the door silently obeying Chris's request to not wake his precious woman.

I felt betrayed, I felt useless and walked to the kitchen. Turning on the electric kettle as the urge to go and spill the whole lot of its hot content on the people in another room tempted me.

I lifted it when it stopped boiling and walked

Towards the room they were in. Pushing it slightly and staring at them. Chris was now on top of her kissing her as she moaned and held him close.

On second thoughts I sighed and closed back the door. I wasn't going to give them the pleasure of enjoying the fact that I was being affected by them.

So I instead went in the bathroom, took a long bath as i kept on hearing them moaning and laughing. " enjoy it you bastard, I had my own share last night and I can have it any time I want" i spat angrily.

After dressing up in a simple boot cut Jean and a sleevless top I went to prepare some food for myself and the love birds. I wasn't sure what was really going on in my mind right that moment. Someone would say I was being crazy letting my own husband in my matrimonial home with another woman.

Well, I guess I got tired of wishing him to change for the better. After all it doesn't matter where he was doing it from he had been cheating on me for a number of years we have been together, so why give a damn now. After all , whatever I was to do, scream, insult them or whatever, he would simply find another woman elsewhere.

I hummed to a song as I set the table.

Preparing Chris 's favourite English breakfast. I checked to make sure all was set and slowly walked to the spare bedroom.

I knocked softly and Chris' voice shouted back" what is it woman? Can't you leave us in peace already?" He asked

" am sorry honey, just that I thought you people can come and have some breakfast. I have finishing setting the table".

I waited for them to appear. After I heard them argue about whether the food was poisoned or not I heard their foot steps walk towards the dinning table.

" please take heart, I cannot kill my own husband with poison" i said looking at a short lady, light skinned and long brown hair. She was pretty but she didn't make me envy her. Somehow I felt I was better than her.

" for better for worse right honey?" I teased looking at Chris who's eyes kept on the table where food was.

" welcome to our home my dear" I smiled at the lady and she looked at Chris then back at me.

I was sure she was wondering what kind of a woman would be so calm when her husband had brought in another woman in their home.

" Thank you" she murmured shly.

" please feel at home. You have no idea how pleased I am to have seen you here. You know my husband and I have not been together for a long time and I was beginning to get worried that maybe something was wrong with him. Now that I heard him moaning and enjoying with you am so relieved" I added with a chuckle as Chris chocked himself with a cup of coffee to his mouth.

He looked at me sharply, his face getting so upset. He was almost saying something but I excused myself after grabbing a piece of sausage and my cup.

" please excuse me, I have to go. There's someone i have to see this morning. Have a good day people" I smiled and walked to the kitchen.

It was silent for a while, then I heard spoons clicking and I smiled to myself " remember no one beats my cooking you bastard, you can not resist my food" I spat and went to the bedroom, grabbing my hand bag and car keys before heading out.

I drove around aimlessly, my mind was so loud I didn't know how to put my thoughts together. In my heart the guilty I also cheated on Chris was so deep I didn't know how to even get upset with him now that him and me were the same.

I called my friend Linda,

" boi where are you? Can i see you now?" I asked her when she picked the call.

" yeah sure come home boi, my mother was even asking about you. She will be happy to see you" she added happily.

" alright will be there in less than 10 minutes boi" I cut the line and drove to Kaunda square where my friend Linda stayed with her mother.

Her father died when she was still young and she was raised by her Aunty in Luasnshya were we meet years back .

After she found a Job here in Lusaka she had moved in with her mom in their family house. Linda was a very prayerful woman, she's the one who encouraged me not to give up on my marriage and leave it all to God.

I however had not told her about my latest mission of playing a saviour for the married men. I definitely knew she was not going to support it.

" oh boi, am so sorry you are going through all that" she sighed when I finished explaining to him about what was happening home .

" oh my God how can Chris bring another woman in your matrimonial home?" She shook her head.

" I have no idea my friend, but am not going to wait up and watch him destroy my life. He's gone way to far and this time am not going to be a stupid wife I have been. Am standing my ground and he will know better than mess with a woman." I snapped wiping the tear that was threatening to spill over.

" oh no Stella I don't like the way you are taking this whole thing. What do you mean you are standing your ground? Just remember vengency belongs to God boi just let God take care of all this" she held my hand.

I smiled sadly. " I slept with Mike yesterday"

I told her without warning and Linda stood up shocked.

" No! You didn't! " she shouted

" yeah I did. I couldn't control it boi and I so much enjoyed it. What do you expect? My husband does not touch me. He has not looked at me as a woman in I don't know how many months. I fall yes, and i was guilty. But you know what? " I let a small laugh, " now I don't feel a thing. In fact I want to go and have it with him again." I told her while her mouth kept open.

I was sure she was binding the demon that had gotten in me.

" Jesus! Stella. Do you even hear yourself. ? You know how crazy that your ex boyfriend is. Don't tell me you are going to tolerate him. This is not right and you know that." She scolded me.

I looked at her and listened as she went on quoting scriptures and telling me to confess my sins and flee from temptations.

" Don't give the devil a way, that's exactly what he's trying to do . Please I beg you in the name of God, don't give in to the desires of your fresh" she held my hands.

At the moment I couldn't even get to listen to her. I just nodded my head to make her stop talking.

She prepared lunch and we eat together as she told me about the pastor that had proposed to marry her.

" Well, some of us are trying to escape marriage, others are desiring to go in. Life is funny huh!" I laughed.

I couldn't get back home that afternoon. I decided to take a turn and go to East park mall. I needed to avoid going home. Not knowing if I would stand Chris and another woman in my house any longer. After going round doing some window shopping I bought myself a cup of ice cream and sat outside hungry lion as I browsed through my phone.

Then it clicked, I had met a man a week before. A married man. I had to respond to his many missed calls over the days.

" helo!" I heard his voice on the other end.

" hey, sorry I had misplaced my phone in the house and I just found it this morning. I have just seen a lot of texts and missed calls." I lied shifting in my sit like he could see through me.

" am so happy you called I couldn't stop thinking about you gorgeous. So when can we meet?" He asked excitedly.

" find me at East Park" I informed him and cut the line closing it back.

" well now am officially a " married and at the same time Single woman. Since married men need to be given the taste of their own medicine, then I will definitely give them the honour." I smiled putting down the ice cream cup.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:55am On Sep 11, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 5

A single look at a medium sized man standing before me made me want to change my mind. The man was not so good looking and his statue did not even motivate me at all.
I faked a smile trying so hard not to display my unpleasant thoughts, less he noticed I didn't like him.
The first time I saw him when he asked for my lin, he was seated in a very nice car and his face looked so handsome. I would agree that seeing him standing there a shoulder shorter than me made me want to change my mind and pretend I didn't invite him over.
" you are the one? Blue blouse?" He grinned looking at me.
" oh God so I already gave away my description, you are so dumb Stella you could have gone to him so that you could change your mind after seeing him" I heard my inside shout at me.
" Yeah, it's me! " I smiled widely.
" wow, I must agree the picture I had of you from two weeks ago is far much underrated. You are a beautiful woman miss" he added.
I almost burst out laughing when he referred to me as Miss, but I wasn't going to spoil his joy by telling him I was a married woman.
Well, his looks were not as big as his heart. At the end of our chatting and having some dinner together I came to learn that Lucas was a very generous man. He spoiled me with a lot of nice foods and to add to my surprise on the first date I got myself a new IPhone from MTN shop. " how nice" I thought to myself as he walked me to my small car.
" so Lucas, tell me about your family" I asked trying to get my game going.
" what would you love to know my dear?" He asked casually.
" Well, your wife for example, your kids if any. Basically I want to know your life as a husband" I shrugged as we walked around.
" mnmmm, I see" he sighed.
" what makes you think am married anyway?" He asked with a soft laugh.
I turned to look at him and he looked up at me twisting his eyes to make me go ahead with my question.
I could agree he made me so uncomfortable. I liked it when men went on telling me about their wives and how nice they were, staff like that made me have a strong standing to defend them and bring the man back to their senses.
Well, What I had not so much considered was the fact that, there were some men who had crazy wives who probably pushed them away to look for other women.
In all my games I had hoped not to bump in such cause I knew they would be hard to get off my back.
As though to add injury to my expected disappointment, Lucas sighed calmly and held my hand.
" am not married anymore" he started making my heart skip a little bit.
" what? How, but I thought the ring....." I couldn't get to the end of the sentence and he went on..
" yeah I know right? I have not removed the ring from my finger since my wife died in a tragic accident 3 years ago. Its just me with no kids"
At that I almost took off running. The thought of being a mate to a widower made me so scared. He was probably looking for someone to reunite with and I felt sad i had a rather different mission at hand.
" are you okey, Stella?" He asked me bringing me back to my senses.
" Yeah, am just. Am so sorry for your loss Lucas. I didn't think that maybe,"
" I was a widower, I know am sorry I should have said something before" he smiled genuinely.
" Yeah, it could have made things easier for me" I told him as a matter of fact.
" what? , you don't like the idea of seeing a widowed man?" He asked, again his questions getting to me.
" let's just say, am fond of bumping into married men, am surprised someone single has approached me" I lied smiling like an idiot I was feeling.
" Well, I really like you and I hope to see you soon, again. Can I drive you to your place so that I get to see where you live?" He looked at me.
" what the hell!" I screamed in my mind. The guy had some pushy altitude and I wasn't liking the idea.
" I would love to but am sorry, I came driving my small jeep there" I said pointing at my small car.
" oh sad for me this talk and company will end here" he smiled as he walked me to the car.
" but am sure I will get to know were you stay soon right?" He sighed as he held the door for me to get in my car.
" yeah, sure. I mean why not?" I swallowed hard.
" by the way, you need a better car swity this one doesn't suit a queen like you" he blushed leaning by the window.
I just let a laugh and waved him good bye.
" oh my God, this is trouble " i whisperd as i joined the main road.
I felt it at that moment that Lucas was the posessive and showing off kind of a guy. He was the sort of man that would want the whole world know he was with you and you were his woman.
"Guess what they say about short guys being so posessive was true after all" I shook my head looking at the car mirrow and taking a look at my worried eyes.
Thankfully when I got home, Chris and his new catch were gone.
I walked into the house and almost screamed in anger. " who the hell do these two children of the devil think I Am?" I shouted at no one in particular when I saw how messed up the house was. .
It was like the stupid fools had some sort of a party with empty bottles of beer, opened packets of some different snacks all over the living room.
The table were I had served them breakfast was all messy. The fools didn't even remove the plates after eating my well prepared breakfast.
" okey, this is really getting out of hand Chris, I swear to God I will surely make you pay for this humiliation " I spoke aloud as I started picking up the mess.
" oh no they didn't!" I shouted lifting the now broken glass jar. It was a present from my grand mother and I knew she had to spend the last of the coin she had saved up to get me a gift for my wedding.
" oh my beautiful jar!" I cried sitting down and holding the pieces in my hands.
My anger now expelling. I need something to cool me down I thought to myself and walked to the fridge.
I grabbed the wine bottle and started gulping the contents without stopping as the scotch from the wine burnt my gullet.
" son of a bi*tch!" I screamed angrily and smashed down the empty bottle adding to the mess which I ended up cleaning after wards.
By the time I finished putting my house in order I felt so tired.
I had to Scrab the tiles, dry clean the couches and remove all the sticky things from the table and lifted the plastic full of things placing It outside the gate for the Garbage collectors to pick it up the following day.
I went to bed at exactly 21 hours wanting to sleep over my anger and recall the meeting I had with Lucas.
Then a call came through. Slowly I stepped out of the bed, hating the fact that I had forgotten my phone in the living room.
" hello! I answered after seeing Mikes line.
" hey babe, so how was your day? He greeted cheerfully.
" it was tiring Mike and I really have to sleep now" I tried to cut him. But he didn't give me the plassure.
" I miss you and I want to go on another episode like yesterday. I can't keep myself away from you after that reunion" he laughed teasingly..
" stop now Mike, I told you that was a mistake and it can't happen again." I whispered back trying to sound like I was asleep.
" I can't and you know that, so what do you say about meeting me at the same place tonight huh? It's a Saturday babe and guess what? I just saw your stupid husband sitting in a bar with a short hot chick. They look happy together " he added so calm I was sure he wanted me to get his point.
" am sorry but am not going to come Mike. Am tired and I need to rest tomorrow is Sunday I want to go and attend the morning service" I told him.
" Well, too late babe. Am already outside your gate and since its it's not electrified am sure i can get myself in there" Mike giggled and cut the line.
" how stupid" I thought to myself, thinking Mike was just playing with me. " how can a grown up man , married for that matter think of climbing a wall fence to see a woman? " I whispered shaking my head as I took myself back to bed. .
I was just finishing turning off my phone, when I heard the door open.
I had started leaving my door open when ever Chris was out , not wanting to wake up and open for him whenever he would decide to come. Since he had the keys to the gate. I cared cares less about the back door.
" no it can't be" I whispered thinking of the possibility that Mike had entered the house through the wall fence.
I was almost walking to the back door and I saw him standing by the door way to my bedroom.
" Mike, what the hell, what do you think you are doing getting into the house like that.? This is my matrimonial home and I won't have you snopping around like a thief" I shouted at him.
" please leave before I call the police on you" I threatened. But my threat had no effect as Mike pulled me in his bulged arms and started kissing me.
" you won't dare! He moaned as he pulled me out of the bedroom to the bathroom.
" Mike" I shivered with pleasure as he rubbed himself on my pants. I even regretted sleeping without clothes, well did I?
The answer is probably disappointing as I started enjoying his touching and rubbing.
Within minutes we stood by the running shower as we tangled in each others arms.
The coldness of the water making everything so romantic, it was evidently a hot night, so the water made us not to be sweating all over.
Mike with his tricks drove me so wild and by the time he was done I was so powerless. All I needed was a good nite sleep.
Slowly he lifted me to my bedroom and placed me slowly on the bed.
" this is what you derseve my babe, a man that makes you feel like a queen" he whispers kissing me on the forehead.
"Mike go now please" was all I managed to say. He was making me want to pulll him back in bed and I knew that wasn't so much of a good idea. He had already made me fall in sin twice and now things were even worse I acted exactly like my husband.
Now we were 100% the same. Two people in marriage but acting like stupid 16 year olds without Shame and decency.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
oboi, nawa oooo,

dey follow u.. tanks a lot for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 6

Chris.....
Watching Alice dancing and shouting at the centre of the stage was so stress relieving, she was helping me keep sane with whatever was going on in my life at that moment.
My own wife had turned out to be this stranger woman I couldn't understand. I loved her that I could not debate about. But a year after we got married something that turned me into an animal just happened...
Flash back....
I had gone to do some business in Luanshya 5l years back. My friend told me there a few shops with vehicle spare parts and I could make some good money out there.
I reluctantly decided to give it a shot and left my Lusaka shop to my cousin who run things for me whilst I had gone.
After some a couple of months, I realised I was actually getting a good number of customers and so I decided to expand the business. My intention was to let it get established and then send my cousin in Luanshya while I went back to Lusaka cause I had lots of customers I wanted to continue dealing with personally, plus it was easy to make connections for my transportation.
It was within the period that I met my wife, Stella. The first time I saw her pass by the auto shop, my heart had told me she was the one. I watched her for some days and asked some worker at my shop about her. He told me she was a good girl from a good home but warned me she was in love with another guy.
" what do you mean another guy?" I had asked him.
" well they have been together for some years now and they are inseparable. A lot of guys have tried but that girl is so much into this her guy she won't burge" he added firmly.
" forget her and just find another girl. Everyone in this town knows her boyfriend Mike and he's one hell of a crazy fella you wouldn't want him on your back boss" the guy warned me straight up.
I however played damb and went on to Persue her. She hesitated a little while but i played my cards perfectly especially when she told me the Mike guy had left for some course and he hadn't contacted her for over 2 years.
" Well, am a man Stella and am so sure if I loved you and went away, I wouldn't forget communicating with you. Just move on already and accept my proposal" I tried to convince her and with time I saw her giving in.
To add to my lucky, her parents liked me so much. Every time I went to see her I would drop some groceries for them and give them some money.
I saw how they practically worshiped me and I knew the Jack pot was mine. I quickly asked Stella to marry and Well, we got married in a powerful wedding 6 months later.
I asked my friends around to help her get a job she so much wanted though I would have preferred her being home. I had enough of money to take care of us and I had no issues with her being just a house wife. She however insisted so I let her start working. .I didn't however pay attention to her money. Infact I had no idea how much her salary was.
Everything was going on well until one day as I was driving back from my shop, someone flashed some lights to stop me.
I tried to make a face out of the person who had stopped me from the side mirrow but I couldn't. I shrugged and stopped at the lay by.
" helo" he tall and dark guy opened his Audie and walked towards me.
" hello" I responded getting out too.
" am Mike" he smiled but I didn't like his altitude. He seemed bossy and he was seemingly enjoying the fact that he looked all muscles and built up. Unlike me with a small pot berry, I could see from his small muscle t-shirt he had on that the guy was doing some work outs and had his perfect 6 pack.
" Chris here" I extended my hand.
" am sorry I made you pull over he said glancing over my Mark 2 behind me.
" okey so can you tell me what this is all about?" I asked him getting irritated with his altitude.
" Well, yeah I almost forgot. My bad man" he smiled widely exposing his nicely piled front teeth.
" so I wanted to find out are you the one who married Stella?" He asked and I looked at him my eyes wide open.
" now what does he want with my wife?" I asked myself staring at him.
" I'm am yeah. Why do you ask?" I stammered seriously hating the way the guy was intimidating me with his looks.
" oh I see. I thought I had a wrong guy" he chuckled looking up and down my jeans and loose T-shirt..
" what do you want? " i tried to sound all manly.
" yeah, that's a good question. Well, I wanted you and me to meet eye to eye. You see, we have something in common and that's we both love the same woman" he let a small smile that showed trouble.
" what do you mean?, I seriously don't have time for your games. So if you will excuse me I have a wife to run to." I told him off and turned back to my car.
" too bad man, the story doesn't end there. I just want to warn you that you should look out because that woman you stole and married had an owner and that's me!" He shouted raising his muscle hands up.
" I don't care who you think you are you jerk! I am the one married to Stella and I won't let you intimidate me. Don't even dare come near her or else you won't like me" I snapped angrily.
He clapped his hands teasingly. " just when I was beginning to think am dealing with a woman, so you can try to man up after all" he laughed following me to the car as I sat in the driver's seat.
" I am the only man for her man, pray and enjoy her while it lasts, cause when I come back I can assure you she won't resist me one bit. She loves me and I know she will fall for me all over again. So be warned Chris, watch out!" He shouted pointing his two fingers from the face at me.
I wanted to bark out and tell the guy off or better still come out of the car and face him man to man in a serious kick fight, but his looks warned me otherwise so I reluctantly placed the key in the ignition like a coward.
I reached home and didn't get to tell Stella how I was intimidated by her ex. I was so embarrassed and I tried to blush it off.
But then the rest of the days I kept on thinking and remembering Mike's threats.
" what happens if that jerk shows up and for sure my wife fall's for her?" I asked myself so many times.
When I asked Stella about her ex, the expression on her face as she described their relationship made things worse. I know she didn't realise how much hurt I felt after she practically finished me off telling me how he broke her virginity, how much they were a couple so famous in Luanshya and many other things she said about him of which my calculations to compare myself to him made me remain in negatives.
I was so disturbed for weeks and started staying away from home. The thought of my wife with Mike killing me inside.
My friend' s warned me and told me how women never forgot their first love especially that he was the one that broke her virginity.
I started finding solace, in drinking heavily and followed my friends acts of having some side chicks.
With each passing day, Stella and I got further apart and I could see how much she was hurting.
But each time i tried to get close to her the words of Mike struck my conscience and I felt betrayed, even though I doubted Stella had anything to do with her ex.
2 years later I met up with Mike again and this time he had followed me in a bar were I and other mates were drinking.
By that time Stella had told me she was going to live her life and that I should continue with my own drinking and girlfriends.
My conclusion immediately was that she had hooked up with Mike, " why else would she say that? " I told myself.
I didn't want to divorce her cause I somehow wanted to prove to Mike I was capable of keeping my wife. Even when deep down my heart I knew that was just a thought to comfort myself.
Mike walked to my table and pulled himself a chair sitting right next to me. " I told you to take care and watch out but you gave a deaf ear. Now to show you that I was serious here just listen to this " he said placing his phone to my ear.
"Why are you here Mike. The last time you called I told you to stop coming to my house. What if my husband comes and sees me sitting in your car" I heard Stella's voice.
" come on, you know you love me and not him babe come on just give me a kiss I missed you" came Mike's voice on the recording.
It was quite after a bit of some arguments and I heard small groaning, implying two people kissing passionately.
" stop Mike please we can't do this" Stella cried trying to catch her breath and I couldn't hear anymore.
I shoved off his hand. " you jerk how dare you touch my wife? " I shouted angrily and standing up pushing him back.
He laughed out embarrassing me. " you are not even man enough for her. Just let her go and I will have my woman back" he yelled and everyone's attention shifted to us.
" I swear you going to pay for messing with my life" I cursed him and like always he didn't seem moved at all.
He told me how i was a failure of a husband who spent his time out drinking and with women leaving a woman like Stella all alone and vulnerable. He clearly told me how he was to make sure she was his again and made it a mission to get what belongs to him.
So here I was wasted with another woman in a bar. Not wanting to even imagine how Stella was probably in the arms of Mike.
I had invited over my Friend with his girl at my house just to make sure we messed up the place.
" lets see if she will play a cool wife after she cleans this mess" I had thought to myself. I had made a deliberate move going with a woman at home to get her all pissed and probably act but like she had decided over the period, she played so cool and even served us breakfast.
" Chris man, what's up? You have been so quite for some time what's up man?"
My friend asked
"Am fine I guess am just tired" I chucked not wanting to tell my friend what was really going on. How embarrassing for a man to concede defeat from another man who was threatening to take his wife while he watches like an idiot.
The only thing I vowed not to do was give Stella the pleasure of a divorce. " Let me see how long she will do her tricks with her jerk boyfriend" I thought to myself and walked to the dance floor to join my new girl who was dancing and moving her body seductively.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 7

Stella..
A week later, I sat in the house watching some movies, I didn't feel like going out that Friday even when Lucas was insisting I go out with him. Part of me wanted to tell him the truth that I was married, but the actions of Chris over the week really got me so pissed I couldn't see him face to face.
I avoided him by all means. It seemed it was his mission to purnish me and my efforts trying to ignore him were beginning to fail.
Lucas kept on calling and texting over the week. He even invited me over to his house during the week but I gave him an excuse I was busy.
They say tolerating a man's calls and messages sends a message that you are intrested in him. Well, I could bet that's the picture Lucas had of me.
I had however, the issue of crazy Mike on my hands and he was making things so difficult for me. I knew the behaviour of Mike coming onto me was really going to be my down fall. But how was I to escape him now that I had opened myself to him?
I tried to ignore him and for some reason he seemed to be aware of what Chris was doing and that didnt really help.
I recall the conversation I had with him on the phone and he clearly told me,
" I know that your husband is a failure who hides his inferiority in sleeping around and drinking, you should really consider leaving this man babe before he gets you sick. What even makes you stick to him after all he's done to you?" Mike asked me.
I sighed wiping the tear forming in my eyes. That was a good question that I had not sat to think over and answer . It was evident our marriage ended some time back, why on earth were we even together? " I questioned myself.
I recall how our marriage councillors had told us to endure each other's mistakes and learn to find a way of solving issues together. I had tried to dialogue with Chris before all this started but like always he was closed up. He would never open a discussion unless I did of which he still showed little interest in contributing.
At first I thought that was his character but then I realised a lot of things needed to be talked about and it didn't matter if someone was a quite person. I was his wife and seriously I thought him opening up to me was a good sign.
Now that I was completly shut off, I had no way of trying to resolve our problems.
I remember asking Chris that the two of us saw some marriage councillor at church to help us and his answer was,
" we are grown ups and we don't need anyone to tell us how to run our lives, besides why wash our dirty laundry in public?" He scolded and that's how the issue was closed.
I was deep in thoughts when my phone rung, " Lucas!" I responded after seeing his call.
" hey I have been trying to get hold of your line for some time now. Did you turn it off?" He asked his soft voice evident.
I couldn't tell him I switched off to avoid my trouble ex boyfriend who kept calling. So I lied again. Which had become a trend. The issue with sin is that with each passing one is born another. The moment you let in one way to sin it opens wide other doors and by the time you realise it you would be deep in the pit of sins.
" yeah I was charging it" I responded shifting uncomfortably in the sofa as I felt the inner voice warning me against my way.
" i have set a special dinner for you at my house Stella and I would really love you to come over. " Lucas told me.
" please don't say No, honour me with this visit and I will forever be grateful" he pleaded I could almost see his sad face.
" okey Lucas I will come over but I really don't have money for fuel so I will have to ask my friend for something before I come over" i explained making a face. wash
" well, if you insist on seeing me you will have to spend " I thought to myself as I looked out the window just in case my husband was somewhere near the house.
" oh Stella please I told you you are a queen and you don't derserve such kind of preasure, It's unnecessary. Do you have an account with FNB I can do a wire transfer right now then you withdraw to get yourself some fuel" I heard him say and I made an inaudible shout lifting my hands up. " yes!"
" of course but I don't like the issue of you spending on me. I mean you have got me this expensive phone already.. " I made a weak complaint playing with my hair extensions as I talked.
" stop talking lady and text me the account number. And start preparing yourself I will text you the address " he responded .
" okey then am on it and thanks for the fuel I added before cutting the line.
I had just place my phone down then it beeped. Opening the text from FNB I almost shouted my surprise. " this guy is crazy and loaded too, how can he just send me K5000 just for fuel?" I held my mouth.
" okey Mr Lucas, let's see how long you can play this game " I whispered as I went to get myself washed up for the dinner.
An hour later I was in front of a wide wall fence in Foxdale. I looked around just to make sure I got the right address. " if this is were this guy lives, then am not surprised he sent me a 5000. I could see the big house from inside and the neatness of the outside was evidence enough I was dealing with a loaded guy.
To answer my question, the gate in front of me opened on its on and I heard Lucas' voice from the gate phone system besides the gate " you can drive in swity" and it cut.
" okey," i whispered to myself as I drove my inferior car inside. Just the pavers design made me want to lift my car less I spoil it with the dust from the tires.
Lucas walked outside and extended his hands to welcome me as I locked the car.
" you are welcome to my humble home!" He said cheerfully and I almost burst out laughing at how he was teasing me.
" thank you" is all I managed to say as I got to his arms and he kissed my cheek. I deliberately put on some pumps not wanting to look taller than him like last time. And I was glad to notice he actually wasn't shorter than me. Now we were of equal height.
After taking me around the mansion, Lucas explained how he had done some major investments in the different companies and run a company of his own. He told me he was into some business of buying and selling companies to different share holders.
I realised from his talks that he was actually a very humble man. He tried to explain things in the simplest way possible and didn't give me a funny face when I showed ignorance of some things.
He practically fed me as he tried to teach me how to use a folk and knife. Well, I guess I thought I knew until he explained the correct way of holding them.
He told me he had his servant make some special meal for our dinner and I would agree it really stood out.
"So tell me more about yourself" he started as we sat in a living room that had wide glass walls showing off the view of the pool side at the back of the house.
He had decided to lay down and lean his head on my laps. I felt uncomfortable having him that close but I stoped myself from pushing him away. He looked so much comfortable and at peace I felt bad I was to lie to him.
" what would you like to know" I asked trying to avoid putting my hands on him.
He smiled lifting his eyes at my face. " everything" he responded shrugging.
" Well," I started telling him the truth about my family and where I grew up. Telling him what I did for work and other truthful details.
I had to swallow hard to finish up about my marital status but thankfully his phone rung before I got to it.
" excuse me , I have to take this it's from one of the proprietors of the companies. Make yourself comfortable and I will be back shortly" he added as he walked to the other room.
I stood up and watched the cool pool outside my thoughts wild back to my own husband.
" where did we go wrong Chris?" I asked myself.
I recalled how he used to love me. He would come back from work with a bunch of flowers. " I got this for my sweet wife!" He would say kissing my lips.
" Thank you honey, you are so sweet" I would smile and hug him close.
Everyday before going for work he would make love to me and whenever we got the chance. He would tell me how much he loved me and was willing to spend his entire life by my side.
" Chris" I called him one day.
" yes honey, what is it?" he asked looking up at me.
" am worried we I have not conceived since we got married and it's over a year now. Maybe we should go to the hospital and do some tests " I complained and he sat up holding my hands.
" Why are you trying to rush God honey. It's only been a year for crying out loud. Let's enjoy ouselves before we have some company in this house. Or am I complaining?" He asked honestly.
I had felt relieved and I kissed him smiling at how wonderful he was.
Now he was always scolding me telling me how I couldn't even bare him a child. The thoughts of his anger came to my mind and I felt a strip of hot tears falling my face.
" if only you loved me more and was there for me my husband I would be here admiring another man' s house" I thought as the tears now dropped to my blouse.
" sorry I took long in there" I heard Lucas talk as he walk towards me and i quickly wiped the tears.
" are you okey?" He asked when he saw my face look.
" yeah am fine Lucas thank you. It's just that I need to get going now. It's almost passed 20 30 I have something from work I should hand in tomorrow" I explained standing up.
" oh do you really have to go so soon?" He complained holding my hand.
" yeah am sorry. Will make it up to you next time thank you for the dinner and everything. I really enjoyed myself" I told him honestly.
" please feel free to come over here any time. This house is open to you" he told me as he walked me to the car outside.
" sure thanks again" I gave him a quick hug and got into my car.
He stood their watching me drive out his honesty smile not fading.
My heart felt the sharp pain of betraying an honesty man.
" God don't let the demon in me destroy that innocent soul," I whispered as I joined the road.
I parked outside My house as my thoughts troubled me. I lay back my head closing my eyes. Not wanting to get inside my lonely house when I heard a hoot outside.
I had thought it was Chris, and so I walked to go and open the gate just to see Mike's car parked outside.
" where the hell are you coming from this time of the night?" He shouted getting out and walking towards me angrily.
" what the hell, since when do I tell you about my movements Mike. The last time I checked you are a married man and I wonder what the hell you are doing out here" I shouted back getting pissed.
" don't give me that bulshit! I refused to share you with that damn husband of yours and I won't stand you sleeping around with other men!" He screamed back making me step back a bit.
I couldn't find some word's to answer him so I stared at him surprised at his outburst.
" where did you go dammit! I have been waiting for you here and you didn't even answer my calls." He went on bursting out at me.
" you know what? I really don't have time for this your tantrums and I don't care who the hell gave you the guts to think you can come at my house and talk to me like that. Am not listening to this anymore" I lashed out at him and stepped in to close back the gate.
He pushed it open and held my hand tightly." Don't you dare!" I warned sternly looking at his face.
He noticed I was upset and he released my hand slowly. " am am so sorry babe, I didnt mean to talk to you like that it's just that..."
" leave my house Mike!" I cut him
" I said leave now ! " I screamed out and he withdrew stepping back.
" babe listen am sorry!" He called out as I closed the gate and walked to the house.
" you have crossed the line you bastard" I murmered to myself as I got to the door.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nice wan Stella,

to hell with that stupid Mike

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 8

Mike...
I kicked around some small stones outside her gate angrily. "How dare she walks out on me like that?" I scoffed
Stella had always been mine and call me posessive or whatever but for me she was mine. I didn't even care she was married. The inferior kind of a person her husband was didn't even scare me. It was bad enough that she betrayed our love and married the next guy that went her way forgetting our promises.
I heard the news and the time I was getting back home I was told she was married.
" please mom, just give me her address I need to go and see her and at least, congratulate her" I had deceived her mother.
She gave me the address and it took me some months before I finally decided to start seeing her. I first stalked her and later on her husband. Spying his moves. When I discovered he was a wasted guy who placed beer before his wife and had some weakness with women, I knew I could capitalise on it and create a way to my woman.
I was so hurt when I got back home to be with her such that I ended up sleeping with the next girl I had proposed. To add to my burden, she had gotten pregnant barely 4 months of being with her. My family as usual with their Christian values talked me into marrying her. Saying it was the best thing for my unborn baby.
I had thought maybe trying to get with my now wife would get me to forget Stella but i just couldn't.
My wife was the I dont care kind of person and over time I realised she was too much of a 'yes boss,' and 'whatever' kind of wife and for me that didn't work out well.
I liked my woman to have some intelligence. Being able to give me ideas and challenge me whenever necessary. Not someone I would push around like a sack and she would simply obey.
I recall how my friends would say that was a good wife cause She doesnt give pressure, but I found her boring. Even in terms of bed matters. she was seemingly not so much active and always did the same thing over and over. I tried to make her do something new and exciting but her rigidity just wasn't helping matters.
When I first spotted Stella at her house I couldn't help admire her.
Memories of the two of us together clicking in my mind and making me so much drawn to her .
Now here I was upset she kicked me out. I didn't care if she was at her husbands house when I needed her I had to find her and make her mine.
I paced around trying to talk myself into jumping over the wall fence again but the thought of her being pissed about me made me change my mind. I had to give her some time to cool it off.
But I still wanted her to stop her moving up and down. I was beginning to feel she was fond of seeing other men and I vowed to find out. I wasn't going to accept having other men take her away from me again. I already had an issue of getting rid of her husband.
Driving back home, I planned of how I should follow her around and see what she was hiding from me. I quickly text her to tell her how much I was sorry for yelling at her and how I wished I was with her.
I placed my phone back in the front pocket of my shirt as I allowed the cool air from the window touch my face.
" hey guys!" I called out to my wife and two kids when I got home. They sat watching some cartoon and I walked passed them straight to my bedroom. Just to see my wife come in the moment I sat down the bed.
She came over and sat near me leaning her head on my shoulder.
" I have something to ask you my husband" she started in a low tone.
" what about?" I asked rather not int rested in talking to her. I had to sleep over the disappointment of not seeing my Stella.
" who is Stella?" She asked me unexpectedly and for a second I thought of shouting out
" the woman I love!" But I withheld the thought and instead looked at her.
" which Stella?" I asked calmly.
" a woman just called me to say her name is Stella and she told me to learn to control and satisfy you so that you don't run after her " my wife went on explaining and all this while, my heart raced like I was jogging.
" how dare She!" I thought to myself.
" so someone you don't even know calls you to tell you that nonsense and here you are telling me about it? Can't you use your head for a moment?" I turned at her angrily.
" it could be anyone trying to get us to fight. Or do you think if i had some other woman I would be as stupid as to give them your line?" I asked seriously
" am sorry I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that she sounded serious and I thought maybe she was the person you had told me you went to see the other day" she responded
I looked at her and almost burst out laughing.
How naive, I had told her I went to see my friend and when she asked who, I told her a good friend from Luanshya. She had insisted on the sex of this friend and I honestly told her a woman of which she just nodded and went on her business.
" listen here, that person who called you just wanted to play games with you. Now please get me my food am tired I got to sleep" I told her.
I shook my head as I watched her go to fetch my food.
" Stella you are crazy, what the hell where you thinking calling my wife ?" I called her later on.
" Well, I want to just help her keep her man in one place. It seems she doesn't know how to keep her husband's pants down" she ranted out without hesitation.
" don't you dare do that again Stella" I warned her and I heard her laughing.
" what's funny?" I questioned
" so you think my marriage is a play ground, while you want to save yours huh?" She scoffed
" well I got news for you Mike. Stay away from me or I will come over to your place and tell your wife and kids how you jump over some wall fence to have sex with me" she let a laugh.
I was quiet for some minutes trying to get her on a good side. " whatever you do Stella i still love you and none of that will change that " i responded trying to sound sweet.
I heard her frown on the other end and I smiled.
" just make sure you prepare yourself for me cause am coming to see you tommorow " I added and I couldn't finish my sentence before she cut the line.
I sat down and thought about it. Stella was acting weird. She usually was soft with me and I knew just a bit of some sweet words I got her attention. I couldnt help feel something was up with her, besides her husband issues. And I made a promise to myself that I would find out what it was.
I had not seen her for almost two weeks as she practically ignored my calls. I went to her place but it was either she wasn't home yet or she was in the company of her friend.
I parked my car waiting to see her drive out, then I saw her. She surprsily didn't drive out like I expected intstead she walked out some two blocks away from her house dressed in a long stripped dress which shaped her so well.
She held her phone in her hands as she looked up the road like she was expecting someone.
As I watched I saw a posh looking vehicle stop where she was and a man came round to open the door for her.
She smiled, as she went in and I watched as the car passed were I was hiding. " okey, so this is the reason she has been acting up on me" i whispered to myself as I got the car engine starting.
I wasn't going to let another man get in my way. I looked ahead and saw the car head towards pick and pay them passed to the road going down Mtendere market.
" today you will see that am one crazy man and can really get mad when tempered with" I murmered as I drove in their direction.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 11:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
chai, dis mike no dey ok ooo.

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 9

Stella.....

" Good morning honey" I woke up and decided to cheerfully greet my husband one morning.

I had hoped to take a step towards trying to make us work. My friend had taken me to a pastor for some prayers, of course I didn't plan for it but there was no way of escaping Linda when she was on to you with her church issues.

I had practically become so weak spiritually I couldn't even go to church. All I felt was the guilty of my sins and it drew me further away.

Linda played me some recording of Joyce Mayer's video were she was talking about taking an action when one is guilty of sin and not just feeling guilty.

" feeling guilty does not solve the problem but taking a step and be determined to change your ways will help you overcome your sins" I heard the recording. But like they say it's easier said than done. I didn't feel any better and somehow my inner self was still tied.

The pastor prayed and counselled me even without me revealing the actual details of my sins. He advised that I tried to talk to my husband normally and behaved like a normal wife as that would probably make him reconsider his actions.

So here I was trying to make things better after trying to welcome him home and preparing his favorite meal of which he ate without saying a thing. I woke up in good spirits greeting my husband. Hoping he would respond likewise but to my shock Chris sat up gave me a sharp disgusting look and moved out of the bed.

" Chris, I just said good morning to you. Can't you just answer me? Am a human being you know, I have feelings and whatever you have been doing is hurting me" I complained following him to the bathroom.

" Please when you are done nagging close the door behind you I need to wash up am getting late for my trip!" He responded spitting out the form from his mouth as he brushed his teeth like that spit was meant for me.

I stood there looking at him, feeling completely ignored and unwanted.

He finished preparing himself and without looking at me he announced." Am going to Dubai to collect my items they are arriving tomorrow “with that, he walked out carrying his bag.

Instead of crying myself out I took my phone and called the person that I was finding comfort in, Lucas.

He immediately picked the call. “Hey you have no idea how excited I am that you have called me!" He said cheerfully making me smile.

" Yeah I figured you are the one always calling so I thought of making a difference “I answered back.

After a long discussion, Lucas, told me he wanted to pick me up for some surprise. I was a bit hesitant given the mood I was in. But as always I decided to let him come over.

I decided to dress simply, a long dress, some slippers and made sure my makeup was well neat simply done. Lucas was evidently a good person so I decide to give him what he deserved, a good day.

Walking outside, I saw Mike's car parked a few yards from my house. I had known he had been spying on me and to make sure he doesn't do his crazy thing of climbing over the wall fence I had made Linda go home with me at several occasions and sometimes I decided to stay late at work or visit some relatives within Lusaka.

Seeing Mike ducking to hide from me made me almost laugh. I pretended to have not seen him and when Lucas stopped to pick me up I had deliberately asked him to use the Mtendere route.

" Lucas, do you mind going through the small road through the market I need to give someone some money I got something yesterday," I told Lucas as he drove us.

He looked at me and smiled as was his nature. “Whatever you say sweaty, just direct me"

I made him go inside the market and take some two more turns until I was sure we had lost Mike.

I made a false call, trying to create some impression I was talking to the person I wanted to see. “am coming to your place now can you come out?" I spoke to no one in particular.

" Okey then I will bring the money tomorrow then" I went on.

Lucas looked at me “what now?"

" Oh am sorry I acted before thinking, I could have called her before coming. She's not home" I faked a smile.

" Okey no problem we can simply drive back" he chuckled.

"Thank God for this gentle soul" I whispered in my mind.

Lucas drove us back to the main road and he didn't allow me to ask questions of where we were going. I sat silently letting him take me where ever he wanted.

We came to halt in front of a house in Chalala.

" Come on Stella I want you to meet my mother!" He announced as he opened the door for me.

" What?" I popped my eyes open shocked.

" No I can't! “I almost shouted loudly.

The thought of him introducing me to his mother weakening me. I was a married person for heaven's sake. How was I going to dodge the one now? Oh God !" I screamed in my mind, forgetting how I had put God aside and now that trouble had come my way, I was remembering calling out God's name.

" Stella no need to get all worked out. You will love the old woman, she's looking forward to seeing you" Lucas said excitedly.

I had no way out as we were already at the house. “calm down Stella" I told myself as he held my hand and led me to the front of the house.

" oh my God they are here!" A slim girl shouted excited as we emerged from the door.

I couldn't hold myself, my heart was racing. In all honesty I had not seen that one coming. I thought the surprise was probably another dinner or something else. But taking me to his mother really got me. My stomach was completely scattered as I could feel it move about like someone was shaking it.

Lucas pressed my hand as though to assure me he was there for me.

An elderly women walked towards us and wore a wide smile,” you are welcome home my daughter" she said pulling me in a hug.

" my son has been singing about you and we all couldn't wait to see you. He was right, you are so beautiful" she let a laugh.

" Thank you mom" is all I managed to say trying to smile at her.

She held me and led me to a sit. “Feel free my dear, am not one of those traditional mother in-laws. In fact I would rather you are close to me in that I will feel okey knowing you will take good care of my son for me" she told me.

Lucas kept on smiling as his mother and I talked. He nodded his head at me like to tell me “l told you she will like you" but my inside was screaming at me.

Lucas' mother took me around the house making Lucas stay back when he wanted to go with us.

" My daughter am glad you are in my son's life. I was worried the death of his first wife left him broken. Now that I know he has fallen in love again, am well pleased and at ease. He needs you so much and am sure you will make him happy" she held my shoulders as she spoke and I felt a grip on my throat. I needed to cry. Wishing I was as honesty as the people that embraced me so much and saw the good in me that I myself didn't see.

" Yes ma," I smiled looking ahead to hide the tears in my eyes.

I let her tell me all about her late husband and how she was not able to conceive after she gave birth to Lucas, how she had to raise her sister's and brother's children instead.

" I wish to have grandchildren from my own son you know, I really pray for God to bless you two so that you can fulfil my last wish" she went on speaking slowly and calmly, making me want to get swallowed by the ground to avoid what I was causing innocent people. The thought of how they will be disappointed when the truth was known pricking my conscience.

" So what do you think? “Lucas asked

" About? “I asked upset minded

" Stella you seem tense. Do you feel okey? Am sorry if I disappointed you with my surprise. Am sorry" he held my hand with one hand as the other held on to the steering.

" No no it's not that. I was surprised yes and believe me I am so humbled you have shown such confidence in me and took me to see your mother. She's a great person and so welcoming I felt at home" I smiled definitely.

I let him drop me by the same spot he picked me not wanting him to see where I actually stayed and like always he didn't ask a lot of questions.

He smiled and perked my forehead before leaving.

I walked inside the house and threw myself on bed. “Oh Jesus! Save my poor soul!" I shouted spreading my hands and legs on the bed and taking in deep breaths.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved
Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/married-Single

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
Guys, join us here to read another interesting story.
https://www.nairaland.com/4738493/royalty
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 11:18am On Sep 18, 2018
she just dey create wahala for her self.

tanks a lot for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 10

Lucas...

There was no turning back for me. Being with her was all I have been looking forward to. I had not felt so much in love before. Even the love I had for my first wife was not as compared to what I was feeling right at that moment.

I had fallen in love with Stella and I was ready to give her all the love I was feeling without any reservations.

My mother was happy to hear my words and she encouraged me to settle down with her. She had told me how nice and a humble person Stella was. to

" however, my son, that lady kind of uneasy and rather sad. It's like she holds a lot inside her that is hurting her so much. Try to uncover that before you decide to make her your wife " my mother had mentioned.

I would agree with her on that. I didn't want to push her so much. They say Patience pays but I had to show her how serious I was by letting her meet my mother. For me my heart had chosen and there was no going back.

I intended to make her mine whenever she would give me the chance without force or deception.

I sat outside the pool taking in the view of my beautiful but lonely home. Thinking about how I was going to be happy when she finally joined me, then I heard some hooting outside the gate.

" Mwale!" I called out to the security guard, " can you check and ask who is outside" I shouted and took the glass of lemonade sipping it and sighing reluctantly.

" Boss, there is a man outside, he said he wants to see you " Mwale informed me squatting besides me.

" didn't he say his name?" I asked trying to figure out who would come to my house at that hour. I didn't have any appointments as far as I could remember.

" okey tell the man to come in" I shrugged

I watched as Mwale walked away and kept my eyes his direction to see who it was that had come.

I saw a tall dark guy with a stern face walk towards me and I sat up ready to welcome him.

" Helo, good afternoon, I greeted the man extending my hand as i stood shorter than him.

" Hey!" He sighed looking down at me a sense of sarcasm in his voice I felt my heart skip. "Whatever that man is here for will have some bad news to it" I thought to myself.

" please take a sit" I indicated, showing him the chair besides me.

He looked around the pool and the house after sitting and back at me. " am Mike" he let a small smile.

" nice to meet you Mike, what brings you to my home?" I asked not giving him the pleasure of knowing my name yet. I thought if he had come to my house then he should know who I was already. Plus i didn't like the trouble look on his face. One thing I never liked was to be intimated by a fellow man especially in my own house.

" I came here because of Stella." He started and I gazed at him without a word. From his look I thought he was expecting me to be surprised or scared, I couldnt clearly tell but I stayed calm and looked at him to go on.

" you know Stella and I come a long way, she was my first love and I hers. Oh the story goes deeper I can't afford to mention the details. " I kept quite again. I was not one to act on impulse. In fact I had a trend to never say anything if I wasn't sure of what I was talking about. So I watched him in silence.

" okey" I nodded my head casually.

" am here to tell you to stop parading yourself around her because she belongs to me and I will not let another man take her away again. " he went on now seemingly getting upset.

I was silent trying to understand him. As far as I knew Stella was old enough to know what she wanted. So I wondered why a guy like him would go so low trying to scare every other man in stella's life. The 'again' in his sentence was a clear indication that Stella had left him once for someone else and I clearly understood he was here to bossy me and scare me away from her.

I cleared my throat and calmly spoke up.

" oh I see, so you are her ex boyfriend " I sighed.

" I don't like the word ex because she will always be mine " he responded loudly.

" Good, I sat back. I heard you" I said looking at him.

" What? That's all you are going to say you stupid fool after what I told you. Am warning you to stay away from Stella or else..."

" you know What? I stood up, if its in your nature to scare people because of whatever reason you think of yourself, then am sorry to disappoint you because this is neither the place or person for your kind. Stella is old enough to make her choices. And I can't blame her for not wanting to to be with you. You carry yourself like a street fighter. Don't think you can threaten any person you meet." I paused seriously looking at him as he stood up as well.

" if you are done with your threats , now leave my house and next time you decide to bully someone, take your time to analyse your target. I will not accept this kind of street manners in my home" I added and sat back.

" you damn fool, just because you have money you think you can just get what you want? I will teach you a lesson and by the time am done with you you will know better than to mess with me. And next time you meet Stella ask her why she is leaving her husband to seek comfort from you, lets see if you will be as calm as you are right now!" He shouted angrily.

" you know your way out or if you are lost ask the guard to show you the way . Show your face here again and you will be sorry" I told him off and lay back taking the news paper besides me.

I moved my head away as I saw him walking and cursing. The security guard walking behind him.

" what kind of man is this fool?" I asked myself .

" well I have to sort this out before it's too late. I thought it was obvious the man lied about Stella being married to push me away. I vowed not to give him that satisfaction.

" hey Swity, can you come home please I need to see you it's urgent" I called Stella a few minutes later.

" but I was there yesterday Lucas, you miss me already?" She asked

" I know, but if it weren't important I couldn't have asked especially that it's a working day. Will you come after work?" I asked her again.

" okey, I will see you then let me see if I can knock off early. You sound worried " she sighed.

" Thank you" I responded and cut the line.

An hour later, I sat in front of the TV in the TV room when I heard the gate open and a car drive in. I needed not to check who it was, obviously it was her.

" Hey!" She called out giving me a hug and placing her hand bag on the couch.

" how was your day?" I asked her.

" it was good, a bit tiring, there was this long meeting were I had to be present taking minutes" she sighed looking tired.

I noticed she looked rather bothered I was sure she was wondering what was going on.

" how is your husband?" I asked unexpectedly and watched as she started figiting.

She was silent for some minutes and i knew there was some truth in what Mike had told me.

The fear of finding out the truth hitting me badly as I felt my heart beat increasing. I was honestly not ready to be heart broken. I started figuring out the way to take her words the moment she confirmed to that fact.

" how can you play with my feelings Stella. These past weeks I was here thinking you probably have some other issues to sort out, the least i expected is that you would lie to me about your marriage.

Do you have any idea what sort of plans I had for You?" I spoke out trying to sound as calm as possible. I was actually heating up inside and if I was a loud person I could have been shouting my voice out. Her facial expression and guilty just confirmed my suspicions.

She stood up and started crying. Am sorry Lucas, I knew this day would come but I thought I will have to tell you myself, i couldn't find the courage to do so and I grew fond of you. "

" will you answer my question Stella. Tell me that man who came here claiming to be your boyfriend or whatever, did not lie about You?" I questioned her looking away. My heart was not taking it anymore.

" Mike! " she sighed sitting back down.

I watched her as she cried softly and passionately. She was deeply sad I could see it. She sobbed and I felt so bad for her. Whatever it was going on in the person before me was hurting her so much.

I recalled how my mother always told me never to judge people for anything so I went closer to her.

"Let it out" i whispered embracing her.

"I have all the time to hear your side of the story and I want you to cry your pain out if that is what it takes" I squized her gently and she now was sobbing loudly the tears falling freely from her face.

Trying to add some more to the pain she was going through wasn't going to help matters. All I had to do as much as I was hurting is to stand for her at that moment and make her feel she could trust me.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 11

Stella...

" I wish I had a better way of explaining things to you Lucas, believe me or not, the past weeks that I have known You, I have felt myself feeling sane" I spoke up after calming down.

Lucas watched me cry and he made me lean on him as I poured out all the pain, the shame, the sadness that I was feeling in my heart. I had not had the time to cry for some time. Pushing down everything that was happening deep in my conscience. But now I let it out in tears and I felt relieved at the end of it all.

" feeling okey?" Lucas asked handing me his hank.

" yeah thank You, I have not cried like that and I guess all the inside came out." I chuckled looking at him.

He nodeed his head slowly. " that's Good, it's good to cry sometimes." He smiled and sat back leaving my side.

" am sorry to tell you this now, but that crazy guy you saw is indeed my ex boyfriend and his very possessive. He has been following me around for some time now.

I left him years ago and married my husband" I added and paused to look at Lucas who kept his stare in one place without moving. I felt a grip of pain in my hurt.

When I realised he wasn't going to say anything, I went On.. " I am married to Chris my husband of 5years and we have not been really husband and wife for a long time since he decided to stay away from me and spend most of his time out with either his friends or girlfriends....." I went on explaining almost all the things that I had to go through with Chris crying through it all.

I had not thought I would be that open, I told Lucas all the details that I had never even told anyone before.

" so when all that happened you decided to sleep with your ex?" Lucas asked shocking me. " how did he know that part before I told him" I asked myself looking at him.

Like to answer my question he sighed..

" only a man that you have given yourself to even when you were not together will show off a woman like that. That man thinks he has his way with you and he's very possessive. He can do anything to destroy your marriage so that he has you to himself." Lucas explained

I just nodded my head feeling so much ashamed. The weight of the Shame increasing now that someone had pointed out the truth to my face.

" I have made a lot of mistakes in my life Lucas, and getting to make love with Mike even after I married someone else is the greatest of all. But what can i do now? I feel so guilty I can't even go to church. The truth is I thought I still loved Mike but now am sure I just was clouded by my pain and he somehow took advantage of my weakest moments.

You have no idea how pathetic my husband looks at me. It's like am just this thing that he doesn't know and he doesn't seem to care about how I feel whatever made him that way only God knows. I have tried in my own way to make things right between us but he won't just change."

I let it out before Lucas.

He was quite for some time and then he answered, " do you love him? " he asked

I had no idea who he was referring to. But I had to assume he meant my husband.

" to be honesty Lucas I don't know anymore. We are like two opposites and I don't even know, May be he's hurt me so much I can't really tell whether I still love him or not." I responded wiping the tears from my eyes.

" listen Stella. I really wish you had decided to tell me the truth the first time I met you. Honestly I don't know how to make of all this that happened between us. I don't even want to know right now, because honestly I fall in love with you Stella and wanted you to be mine. If I had known all this I wouldn't have made you go to my mother, now I understand why you were unease. You have not only hurt my heart Stella, but my dignity as a man and now the trust of my mother." He said almost in a whisper with a sad tone it made me shed tears.

I didn't know the man I was playing games with before will affect my feelings so much. I felt the urge to kneel before him and comfort him. But I couldn't get myself to move.

" I don't have anything else to say to you Stella. If I was dealing with a person who is just in a relationship, I could have said well, lets forget everything in the past and start afresh. But no I cant because you are another man's woman Stella. I can't do anything about that no matter what you are going through. That is your battle to fight and honestly I don't want to put myself in between your marriage. "

His words echoed in my mind and I knew at that time what I was feeling for Lucas was more than what i had anticipated. It didn't matter he was not tall, like i had thought before. The man before me was evidently a good man and I happened to be the one to hurt his feelings.

" Lucas am truly sorry I didn't say any thing, thats why.. "

" you couldn't make love to me" he completed my sentence. " I get it all now, but don't worry. Go on and live your life Stella I just hope you will be happy and I will try and forget you. It's not going to be easy but what am I to Do?" He sighed sadly.

I sat down besides him and held his hand crying like a child. I pleaded with him to forgive me and all he said was that he was not going to hold on to another man's wife.

After some time I decided to leave and unlike always, he didn't bother to see me out his house.

He sat down and just nodded his head as I said my good byes.

With my shame I lifted myself and went to my car driving out. " this is your wage Stella for all you have done to people and yourself.!" I shouted at myself loudly as I increased the volume of the radio in the car. .

In all my life I had not felt so much hurt, i didn't know what to make of everything. It was like the shield that was covering me was thrown away and now I was just nothing.

I drove home at a slow speed.

Walking inside I found Chris seated by the couch drinking his beer like always. I wanted to by pass him but then I turned back.

" so why didn't you tell me you are coming back home today?" I asked him throwing my bag down.

" why So? So that you can maximise the time with your boyfriend?" Chris asked sarcastically.

I almost screamed my Anger out but I went and knelt close to him.

" I beg you in the name of God, can you today tell me what it is I did to make you so mad at me Chris, am your wife the person you took the vows to live with for better for worse. Tell me were I went wrong Chris?" I cried before him like an idiot.

He started laughing looking at me like I was this mad person.

I ignored him and instead held his shirt " you are not moving from this place until you tell me why you have decided to make my life a living hell Chris. What did i do you bastard?. Tell me why you had to push me to such limits" I screamed out.

" you know What, I will not buy those crocodile tears. You stopped being my wife the time that jerk decided to threaten me and tell me he will have you back and now you are sleeping with him" Chris spat his words with so much contempt.

" What?" I raised my blows at him not believing his first words.

" what do you mean he threatened You?" I asked now getting angry and wiping the tears from my face.

" that's what you want to hear right? That I was a coward who got scared of another man who threatened to get my wife. He damn told me in my face you will run to him the moment he came to you..... " I let Chris finish his explanation. I don't know what hurt me the most, whether the pain of not having a man who could stand for me as his wife or being made a fool by two men I had loved in my entire life.

I sat down tears dropping from my eyes. "All this time I was being tortured it was because of Mike?" I thought to myself " it was because my husband was so scared he decided to sartifice me to another person because his ego was so low.

I think I had too much things running my mind and i couldn't stay put. I needed to do something about my anger and anguish so I grabbed my bag and without warning I ran outside and got into my car. I sped off driving out the yard and the next thing I felt was a loud bang on the side of my car and I went dark.

Mike......

I was just going to see her that evening wanting to scold her for going out with the guy i had confronted earlier on.

I was so pissed with the way the guy had talked so calmly and made me look like an idiot. I wasn't going to let him get away with that.

I was a few yards away from Stella' s house when I saw her car drive out at a great speed. I was still wondering what was going on when I saw her drive her car right into another vehicle coming from the opposite direction. " no Stella!" I shouted as I saw her car move away from the road and landed into the wall fence with a bang.

" no, oh my God ! what is going on now?" I drove to the point of the accident.

I ran to her car and found her trying to move a little and she was hurt. With the help of some other people who came to the scene we managed to pull her out and she collapsed in my arms.

" what happened and why are you holding my wife?" I heard Chris' voice asking as he came running .

" don't you dare raise your voice at me like that. Am trying to save her life and if I find out you have something to do with this you will have me to deal with you useless man!" I stared at him .

" stop talking nonsense you two and take this woman to the hospital." An elderly man spoke up. " luckily the other car is bigger and the impact of the accident isn't bad." He added

I stood up and lifted Stella to my car speeding of to the hospital I didn't even mind Chris who shouted for me to let him take her to the hospital, I saw his car follow mine and I just drove on to Mwanawasa hospital.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved

Read more here - www youngicee.com/category/married-single

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Hardehkehmih(f): 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
cool[/color][color=#000099][/color][color=#000099][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Oh my,nothing must happen to stella oh,but na wa for chris,he claims to love his wife yet he could nt stand up to d possessive ex...And i kinda lyk dat lucas oh #Team Stella nd lucas# joor.Awesome story u've got here keep up d gud work sir

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
Chris na coward,,

Mike don pass im bandery, Well na Sandra cuz ham sha

Kudos to Lucas, matured.

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
pity Sandra ooooo

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by kdavid07(m): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
thanks. Cant wait for d next update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 12

I woke up hours later just to find myself in the hospital bed. My friend Linda and her mother were standing besides me.
" she's awake now!" Linda exclaimed excited.
" oh God I thank you" she sighed touching my hand.
"Boi how are you feeling now," she asked me smiling her honest smile.
" my head is pounding heavily I feel like something knocked me out" I whispered feeling my mouth dry.
"Because something did knock your head. Do You remember that you were in an accident?" She asked me handing me a cup of water.
I tried to sit up but felt dizzy..
" here, I will help you up" linda's mother held my back and helped me lift my back as Linda held the water to my mouth.
I remembered the last thing before I woke up. I had was running outside and started driving. I recalled the bang I heard to my car.
" oh my God! What happened to my car? And the vehicle I ran into? Did I kill someone?" I asked all the questions in one sequence.
" relax yourself Stella" the male doctor who just walked in spoke up wearing a smile. " you need not to panic as that won't be good for you. You had a hard knock on your head so you will experience a lot of headache. You also have a few minor injuries but you should be okey in no time " she held my hand assuredly.
After checking on me she gave me some strong pain killers and walked out.
" are you not asking about your husband?" Linda started sitting next to me.
" Linda I don't want that man anywhere near me right now. If any thing am moving out of his house from here. I won't take this anymore." I cried
Linda' s mother talked to me telling me how men sometimes did things like children and that they needed a woman to stand for them.
" he's your husband my child and I may not know the details of what transpired between the two of you but you have to start settling your issues and try make your marriage work. A woman is a pillar of a home mama.
Ask God to help you through and am sure there's nothing impossible with him. You have to learn to stand in the gap for him and pray that God himself may change him. It's no one's job to change another, so take it to God who created him and let God himself change him. The problem with you women of nowadays, you lucky the spirit of perseverance. You easily give up and throw away your marriage at the first sight of problems.
Learn to be strong and fight for what God has given you." She went on telling me as she sat in the chair.
I let the tears fall freely to my side as she talked. There was a lot of truth in her words but I didn't know if I was ready to face another moment with Chris.
I made her a promise to try some more after she insisted. And she and Linda walked out after seeing Chris walk to the ward.
He moved close to me and I kept staring at him without saying a word.
" how are you feeling?" He asked finally.
" I will survive Chris and I promise you that, God has given me a second chance at life and this time am going to try live it right" I told him with a weak smile.
" well, that's good. " he sighed and sat back silently.
" where is my car now?" I asked trying to make some conversation. It was evident Chris wasn't going to say anything unless I started.
" it's at the police station and the guy is claiming money for repairing his vehicle since you were at fault." Chris mentioned straight up.
" oh Yeah, of course he does" I sighed now trying to think of the trouble I was in.
After some few minutes Chris said his good bye and walked away without asking any thing more about my health. I felt the urge to tell him never to come over again as his presence wasn't helping with my head, but the advice of Linda's mother clicked and I decided to follow through her advice.
I was just finishing the the conversation with my mother who was asking about my health on phone and I stopping her from coming over telling her I was fine. I couldnt have my mother come over to see how broken my marriage was. I had actually not told her her much about my issues with Chris. I knew she trusted him so much and somehow would blame me for the mess.
Keeping her from coming was my greatest wish and I was glad when she even said she didn't have enough money.
" don't bother to ask for debts mom, am going back home today. The Doctor said am okey it was just a minor injury" I had told her until I finally managed to convince her.
I just placed the phone down when I saw Mike walk towards me, Looking calm.
I let him sit silently and he came over kissing my forehead.
" I was so scared I was going to lose you out there. Don't you ever scare me like that again babe. I cant stand seeing you hurt" he whispered holding my hand.
I almost lashed out my anger at him recalling what he had done. But the pain in my head was so much I had to keep it down.
" you know what, I appreciate your coming here and Chris told me you drove me here after the accident last night. But I don't want to see you near me or my house again. I want you gone for ever Mike and this time around I mean it." I told Mike as he looked at me without blinking.
" did you hear a thing of what I said," I asked him when he kept quite.
" yeah I did Babe.."
" stop calling me that Mike. Go back to your wife and leave me alone already!" I let a small weak shout.
" I cant" he answered blantly.
" I cant because I love you and I can't stand seeing you with another man." He said looking straight into my eyes. " you are mine Stella. Remember you promised me forever"
" Please Mike. That was years back and both of us were still so young and naive. There's more to life than those childhold fantasies. You are also married for crying out loud and don't even lie you don't love your wife. You shouldn't have married her just because of your child. Lots of people have kids together but not married. On top of that you have another baby with her. You have started a family Mike and i think I am trying to work on mine, you should work on yours too"
He was quite for a while and when he opened his mouth to speak, he was almost crying.
" I like my wife so much cause she takes care of us, but I can't seem to fall in love with her. You dont have to push me away Babe because I know your husband doesnt even love you. I felt the way you made love to me and I know you still feel the same. Please Stella dont leave me again, I won't be able to survive it"
I looked at him for a couple of minutes., Lucas was right, Mike was so possessive, he had his wife and kids but he was not willing to let go of me. I knew my mind was made up and I wasn't going to please his ego and tell him I loved him. In fact I realised it wasn't even love I felt ok for him in the first place when I cheated on my husband, I was just desperate and now I had to put my senses in order.
" am telling you for the last time Mike, stay away from my marriage and my life. I know what you did with Chris and even though he acted cowardly, it's your fault that am being subjected to the torture I have been going through.
So if you claim you love me you have to let me go, cause that's what love does. If you won't stop bothering me I will sue you for marriage interference and i will personally call your parents to tell them what you have been doing" I warned him and leaned back.
"Stella" he called out almost speaking but I cut him..
" you have overstayed your visit Mike, please leave me alone now. I need to rest. My head is killing me and your presence is not helping" I calmly told him.
With a bit of struggle he stood up and bent down to kiss my lips but I swayed my head away. And raised my hand to push him away.
" I will always love you" he whispered and walked out without looking back.
I sighed and closed my eyes hoping the night mare with him would be over.
The following day I was discharged and was given some bed rest. I had talked with the owner of the car I bashed into and we made arrangements for me to see my insurance company to compasate us both for the damage.
I had not heard from Lucas after a week and I didn't want to bother him. I kept quite even when I felt the urge to go and see how he was doing.
I was seated eating my meal one day, when Chris walked in. He sat across me. Since I went back from the hospital he had at least started greeting me but things remained the same between us. No touching, no staying in one room together and his late night outings went on.
With the encouragement of my friend I decided to start going to church again and after several sessions of personal confessions I felt the guilty lessen.
" what is it Chris?" I asked him when he sat down opposite me looking like he was lost in thoughts.
He cleared his throat and spoke up.
" Mwenya just called me she gave birth to a son" he announced his eyes on the floor.
I had lots of questions for him like, who the hell was Mwenya? What if she had a baby? What was that to do with us? But I didn't dare ask them.
" okey" I said instead trying to push down the anger and tears threatening to spill.
" the baby is mine and now her parents wants me to take responsibility." He went on.
I sat up feeling my knees go weak. Here I was trying to make my marriage work and praying my nights off for things to become better just to be given news my husband had fathered a child with another woman.
" tell me what you are going to do Chris, I heard you. Whoever that Mwenya is" I tried to say and he answered..
" she's the lady I came with the other day" he said in a horse voice I felt like stricking him with the spoon in my hands.
I swallowed hard, " Okey, So what now?" I asked him
He looked at me then back down. "I will Bring them over so that i try to settle things with her parents before she can go back."
I couldn't sit back anymore, I lifted myself up and raised the plate I was holding full of rice and soup throwing it all in his face and walked away without a word.
I locked myself in the bedroom and looked up the heavens.
" I have tried my best God, you know I have. I can not take this anymore. Am sorry I am not strong enough. But no, I won't sit and wait for another woman to take over my life in the name of perseverance. He's your creation God and so he's all yours to deal with. Am leaving this house right this minute" I cried out and went on packing my bags.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by kdavid07(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
Keep it coming
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by teebee22(f): 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
wow, nice one. following.
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
ehyah, Stella sorry, divorce tinz go make sense wella,, go start afresh

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by teebee22(f): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2018
pls come nd update na. been refreshing this page for the umpteenth time since yesterday.
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 13

Mike......

" welcome back home " my wife greeted me cheerfully. I had been going home early some weeks after Stella warned me to stay away.

However i was not to give up easily so I planned on letting the dust cool off a bit. Shes not going to resist me once I show up again, she's just hurting probably with learning the truth," I thought to myself.

" Bashi Junior, I was just greeting you" I heard my wife speak up bringing me back to the present.

" am fine dear thanx" I tried to smile.

She came and sat besides me and I knew she was seeking attention as always.

" I just sent that money to your mother she said.

" thank you, Thats good. I almost forgot she wanted money. Have you gotten your salary already?" I asked her my eyes on the TV.

" yes I told you yesterday and even explained how the money was to be used. You telling me you have forgotten?" She asked sounding disappointed

I shook my head recalling the conversation we had. " oh yeah I know it just slipped my mind" I smiled

" you know your mother was just saying how happy she was and told me that she is still waiting for a third baby. Imagine she was telling me that our son has grown and that she can't wait for our next child probably a girl this time" she said excited.

I didn't want to ruin her excitement so I let her talk on and laugh as I just nodded and giggled upset mindedly. If only she knew how I wasn't interested in whatever she was saying, she could have spared me the trouble and noise.

I was saved by the ringing of my phone.

" excuse me" i said standing up as I saw my friend from Luanshya' s number.

" Helo what a surprise to be called by you my friend it's been long I answered standing outside the house.

After chatting for a little bit he asked me a question that made my heart skip.

" by the way what happened to Stella? I saw her at her parent's house the past week and you know how people gossip here. They are saying she left her husband. Is it true?" He asked.

" what? You say a week ago?" I asked to make sure my calculations were correct. That was about a week after she was discharged from the hospital.

" yeah man, she's been here "

I hang up the call after a few minutes and stood there. I felt my mouth curve into a smile.

" now this sounds more like it" I thought smiling.

" I warned you Chris, a day would come when she was going to be mine for good and now that you are out of my way. Am going to make things right by making sure she falls for me again." I nodded my head happily.

I took the phone and tried her line, all I needed to hear was she was okey and then I would take the next steps, but I couldn't get through to her.

Without thinking through it I walked back inside and announced. " pack a few clothes for me am going to Luanshya tomorrow! "

" Oh, how? I thought you said you have a busy schedule at work this week and today is just Tuesday, why the rush to go there?" My wife asked following me to bedroom.

" well, it's because something important happened and I need to go there tomorrow. Do You you have any problem with that?" I asked sarcastically to get her off my back.

" no I don't am sorry if I bothered you I just thought.."

" stop making assumptions woman and start packing my bag already. Am leaving early in the morning and I will be back" I sighed putting the small bag on the bed for her to put in the clothes.

I watched her silently pack a few of my clothes and a pair of shoes. My mind was already imgaining being with Stella and I couldn't hold my joy.

Early the following morning I made a call and made up a lie of my late uncle being very sick in Luanshya and the boss gave me a go ahead.

" am coming for you babe, just give me a few hours " I smiled to myself as I drove to the filing station to refuel before starting off.

Within 5 hours I drove through Luanshya and headed direct home.

I just greeted my parents a bit and excused myself. I had to see her.

She was outside her mother's hanging some clothes on the line putting on a chitenge and looking so good in it I wondered how a sensible man could leave such a woman. " Chris you are a damn fool" I whispered to myself as I walked to her yard.

" Mike!, what are you doing here?" She asked upon seeing me. .

" how are you Stella?" I smiled instead.

" am okey thank you and I asked you a question" she asked as she went on her business of rinsing and hanging some clothes.

" well you are forgetting my home is here too. I came to see my parents just like you I guess. So mom just told me you are here so you know, I thought I might say hi to you" I smiled pulling a stool and sitting on it.

" what a coincidence right, you happen to be visiting your parents now that am here. Your mother told me you have not been here for years." She said accusingly.

I pushed her comment off and started talking about our child hood. Trying to make her realise we had come from afar. She only nodded and seemed less intrested in the conversation.

" so is it true what I heard?" I finally went to the point.

" what did you hear?" She asked without looking at me.

" that you left your husband and took all your things?" I went on and saw her sigh sadly.

" I see, that is it, that's why you came here to confirm that your plan worked right? You are so pathetic Mike and honestly I can't stand your possessiveness. It's way too crazy and right now I don't want any drama in my life I came here to have a fresh mind before i finally go back for work and believe me the last thing on my list is not making some reconnection with my past. It's over now and I want to be alone. " she voiced out seriously making me feel so bad I wasn't having the same impact on her.

It was like I was talking to a different person and I felt a bit bad with the possibility of me contributing to her being that way.

" Stella listen, that man was going to fail you at one point or another because that's who he is. He's a failure of a man and he didn't even derseve you. Just forget about him and move on" i spoke up trying to make an eye contact with her but she kept her eyes on the clothes she was washing.

She went on telling me how she didn't need me or any other man right at the moment. She threw it in my face I was married and I needed to go back to my family. At that moment the thoughts of my wife even irritated me cause She she was the one I was now blaming. If only she didn't get pregnant I would have been free to be with my Stella.

" Mike you have come too?" Her mother asked me walking back from the market I could see the basket she was carrying in her hands.

" yes mom, I just came in and thought of coming to see you people. Surprised to see Stella here too" i pretended.

" that's nice of you my son, so tell me how your wife and kids are? " she smiled and I saw Stella look at me and quickly looked back at her clothes like telling me " that's a good reminder ".

As we engaged in greetings with her mother, Stella lifted the dishes and headed back inside without saying another word to me.

I waited trying to tell stories with her mother to buy myself time that I may see her but she didn't come out.

I couldn't ask to see her freely like before now that everyone knew I was a married man.

With a frustrated heart, I walked away and told her mother to say my good byes on my behalf. Planning on going back the following day and probably finding a better way of convincing her to get back with me.

I wasn't even sure of the details of what happened to her marriage but I was determined to take her back. If it meant leaving my wife for her, I was ready to do so. She was free now and she was going to be mine again the way it should have always been, I thought to myself.

The following day I was occupied by the people that had come to greet me. My friends and some of the family members.

I kept looking at time wanting to ran to the next yard to go and try talking to Stella..

By the time everyone left it was past 14 hours and I went there playing a good neighbour.

I was greeted by her father who too made me sit and chat with him for some minutes.

" so dad, where is Stella? I saw he yesterday. When I came to greet mom" I asked her father.

" oh my son, your sister is going through a rough time and I don't know how to help her. She left her husband and told us all the hell that man made her go through. She sued him for a divorce. She told me yesterday she will have to go and prepare herself cause the court hearing is next week Monday." He explained

" oh so you saying she left already?" I asked him panicking.

" yes my son, she left this morning with the 09 Hours Wada Chovu bus" he smiled.

I couldn't contain my anger as I walked back to my parent's house. If not for the fact that I already told them I was to stay another day, I could have started off right that minute but I knew I had to wait till the following day.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sugar Binding / Monitoring Spirits. / "Will You Marry Me?" - A Christian Short Story... By Oyekunle Lizzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 500
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.