Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,017 members, 7,835,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Married Single - A Romance Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Married Single - A Romance Story (14690 Views)

The Second Wife - A Romance Story / FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
teebee22:
pls come nd update na. been refreshing this page for the umpteenth time since yesterday.
Sorry, I've been so busy. But you don't need to wait. The story is complete here already - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by teebee22(f): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
Oyinprince:
Sorry, I've been so busy. But you don't need to wait. The story is complete here already - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single
thanks, just finished reading the whole story and truly am thrilled.

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
tanks a lot for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 10:49pm On Sep 25, 2018
Mike is mad
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 14

" Mother, I told you about Mike already. He's just my childhood friend and there's nothing going on. I already have issues of my own with my husband. The least I want is some drama with Mike" I defended myself after my mother asked about Mike.
" nmmmm I hope so cause that look I saw in that man' s eyes smelled trouble and if in any way he contributed to the problems you and your husband are going through then it's very unfortunate" she shrugged cooking Nshima.
" Mother forget it now. I told you am starting over. I came here to seek a way of finding myself and the past week I have felt better. I promise you mother, am not going to cry nor be the woman that will disappoint myself from now onwards. Am going to live a single and free life. I think after everything that has happened it's all that I need" i nodded my head handing her the plate to put the lumps of Nshima on.
She encouraged me to be strong, telling me most women go through a lot in their marriages and she wished I had to endure more than I did.
However, the fact of Chris bringing another woman with a child in my home made even her so upset she gave up her initial ideas of me getting back with my husband.
" am even going back tommorow mother.. like i told you earlier. Linda managed to find me a two roomed, self contained house in Chilenge, she said it's inside the wall fence and the landlord stays within in the big house. I think that can do for a while you know" I sighed as we set the table.
My mother, father and I talked about my issues that evening after supper and they both told me I had to remain strong and focused.
Early the following morning I prepared myself and got on the morning bus back to Lusaka.
I had not thought of Mike all this time. I felt proud of myself . Taking Mike out of my mind was one best feeling and now I felt I was being detached from my past. A good way to start over.
Straight from the station, Linda booked a cab and we went to my now new home. After greeting the land lady, a vibrant and jovial woman in her early 40s I moved my small laguage into the house.
" Boi, thank you so much for helping me with this. Am really glad and grateful." I smiled as we sat on the bags.
" you are welcome boi, you are more than a friend to me and now that you are going through a rough patch in life, you need me the most" she held my shoulders leaning her head on me.
" I know but, you know what ? I have a great feeling about all this. I can assure you my mourning times are over as I will try to live an optimistic life. It's just me and my God now" I raised my hand and Linda laughed.
" well, what about me?" She made a face and I hugged her back.
" you my good friend is always at heart" I shouted making us both laugh.
" now lets get me some things for the house." I announced standing up.
"You seriously telling me you have the money to get yourself all the items you need in one day?" She asked surprised.
" well, let's just say I made myself quite some money in the period I told you I was trying to change the world by crooking men" I told her as she made a surprise face.
" come on let's go it's past 15 already if we delay I won't have a bed to sleep on tonight" I led her outside.
We went to carnival and I managed to get myself a bed, a shoe rack, a simple wardrobe. We later moved to Game stores within Manda Hill where I got a small stove, some plates and pots and some groceries for a start.
I didn't want to take anything from Chris' s house so I made sure I only left with my clothings. For me it was going to be a clean start.
We booked an open van to take the items from Game stores home to await Carnival deliver the ones I bought there.
By the time it was night, I had my small home set. Linda stayed with me for the night during which I filled her in on Lucas and the other things I had done before.
As always she encouraged me with the word of God and helped me pray for a better start over.
The court session was to start on a Monday and I now had two days to it. I took a bath that morning and planned on going to the saloon.
One of the things I thought I had to maintain in my single life was my looks. Even if i had no intention of hooking up with anyone any time soon, I had decided to look my best and enjoy my life.
" oh my God I cannot wait for that woman to finally be divorced so that i can claim my right place in that house" I heard Mwelwa's voice behind me.
Two women had just walked into the saloon and I immediately recognised her voice.
I didn't turn my head to look at them as the hair dresser plaited my hair. I decided to keep quite and listen to what the lady had to say.
" am happy for you mwandi, some women kuwayawayafye!" The friend responded and they both laughed.
" yeah since she couldn't bare him kids i knew I could use that to my advantage. Giving birth to my baby brought me some lucky you know. Now am the woman of the house and I won't sit back to let her come back. Let her go wherever she wants but not near my Chris" she said proudly I even felt like laughing.
" your Chris indeed" I thought to myself.
Surprised how God can ease the pain of everything when you surrender and give it all to him. If it was any other time I could have felt bad and probably wanting to answer back and tell her a piece of my mind. But now I wouldn't dare. I felt at peace despite everything.
In fact I felt pity for both of them. They really derseved each other and I could hear the rest of the discussion. From it I was able to ascertain there was some questions about who the real father to that child was. But it wasn't in my place to worry.
After I was done I slowly stood up head held high as other ladies complemented my looks. I smiled and said thank you.
I saw Mwenya look up at me and her face dropped when she realised who I was.
Without a word to her I walked out feeling eyes on me.
I was just turning to the bus station in Kulima Tower from East park were i had gone to the saloon, when I saw Lucas walking towards his car.
One instinct told me to go ahead and greet him but I changed my mind.
I wanted to stay away from anything that would make me act in a way I wouldn't want to at the moment. Besides I wanted to give Lucas the space that he derseved. I had not bothered to call him for over the period I last told him everything and his silence to me meant he had moved on.
" Stella!" I heard a familiar voice as I walked dodging Chris.
Turning to the direction of the voice, I almost melted. The last person I had expected to see, Lucas' mother.
She greated me cheerfully telling me she was with Lucas who brought her to get some things in town.
" it's been a while my dear. I was just asking Lucas about you and he told me you are okey. Come on let's go and see him he parked this way" she pulled my hand before I could say a thing. I wondered if Lucas had told her about us. Her innocence proved otherwise.
I so much wanted to tell her I couldnt see her son but there was no escape now as we came in full view of Lucas who looked at me with surprise.
" Hey!" I composed myself greeting him
Instead of answering he moved towards me and pulled me in a tight hug. " Hey! What a surprise " he sighed hugging me.
" yeah it is right? I bumped into mom and.."
" she was heading to the station I just told her you brought me here" his mother cut me short.
" you two do your catch up let me get some food from hungry lion am starving " she smiled putting the plastics which she had in her hands in the back of the car.
" sure mom" I smiled at her and watched her go to Hungry lion.
" so" Lucas shrugged looking at me.
" yeah" I sighed not knowing what to tell him. He looked good in his slippers and dark cargo pants going with a pure white v neck t-shirt.
" how are you ?" He asked leaning on the car.
I looked at him and realised I had actually missed him. But I wasn't going to say it anyway so I told him I was okey.
" I missed you even though i know I shouldn't " he started..
" am sorry I..."
" it's Okey, I understand." He talked in.
" how is your husband?" He asked calmly
" honestly I dont know. I have not heard from him in almost 3 weeks now. But am sure he's okey, I could have heard if anything bad had happened to him you know" I chuckled looking down.
" what's that? You mean you two are not staying together?" He asked
" Lucas, am sorry but I have to go now. I need to see some one before I go home." I excused myself feeling the tears in my eyes. I feared I would cry before him. Lucas had a way of bringing out the weak part in me and I knew staying their would make me start telling him all my problems of which I had not planned on doing.
" stella!" He stopped me holding my hand.
" Please, please, don't shut me out. Talk to me" he whispered his voice as calm and pure as ever.
"What's going on with you? You have lost weight and you don't look okey even if you pretending otherwise. Talk to me am your friend remember?" He looked at me.
" am sorry Lucas, I have to go now. I can't do this right now," I said tears now falling.
" you are crying" he whispered sadly.
" am sorry" i sniffed and walked away quickly avoiding to stand any more minute before him.
Without looking back I matched quickly to the bus station and direct to the busses going to Chilenge.
I sat in the back seat sighing and wiping my face. " oh my God, I cant cry right now. I am being strong for myself and crying is not good for me" I told myself inside.
The sadness and concern I saw in Lucas' eyes made me so sad I couldn't get his image out of my mind.
As I sat in my house all i could think of was him and I hated he had affected me that way. I spent the next two days locked up inside playing some gospel tracks and listening to some gospel TV programmes.
" So how are you feeling now?" Linda asked holding my hand. As we stood near the court awaiting the time to be called.
" I don't know Boi. I think I need all this to be over already. I just hope the courts will summarise everything today cause am not ready to come back here again. I need to start concetrating on other things and not Chris anymore" I responded.
We saw Chris and his new wife to be carrying their new born baby walking towards the court room..
" he's so shameless to even think of bringing another woman here" Linda scoffed angrily. " I honestly feel like going to slap some sense into that head of his" she added.
"Come on Linda let them be and lets get walking we are set in a few minutes" I told her and we went inside.
I saw Chris looking back at us and then forward as the Judge walked in.
" let this be over soon my God" I whispered a prayer and sat up.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 15

We all stood when the Judge walked in and I felt my heart beating faster. I had never been to court before and all along I had been just thinking of making everything pass, I had not thought of that moment.

They called out my name first as I was the one that sued. Linda squized my hand to assure me and show her support as I walked to the box.

" so Mrs Stella Sichone can you explain to the court why you have filed for a divorce of your husband Chris Sichone." The presiding officer spoke up. For a moment I shivered and I couldn't find my voice. ." Can you please speak up" I heard his voice again.

I took in deep breaths and went on explaining all my reasons to the point. I stated the fact of Chris not meeting with me as his wife , telling the courts the number of months that had happened, I mentioned how I was treated by him and all the necessary details.

I even added the fact that Chris had brought in another woman in our matrimonial home once and that now he brought her back claiming she had given birth to his child. As I spoke up the people in the court murmered before they were stopped and told to keep silent.

I didn't even realise that as I narrated my story that i was crying, my face was wet and I could see Chris figit in his seat.

" thank you, you can now sit" the presiding officer told me and they called Chris to go forward too.

He was asked if what I had said was true and he agreed.

" are the aligations made by your wife true? Mr Sichone?, yes or No?" The Judge asked Chris

He was quite for a while and turned his head to look at me. I kept my eyes up front hating the fact that he had to bring me that far. Recalling the promises he had made and failed to fulfil over the years.

Every bit of love that I had felt for him was all gone at that point. I just saw him like any other man on the street. A stranger that I couldn't recognise.

" can you answer the question " they asked him again.

" Yes your honour, they are true" he swallowed hard.

They asked him a few questions and at last he asked if he too wanted a divorce and the idiot refused.

I sat up my anger raising. "What? Why would he say that nonsense here?" I whispered to Linda. " he's totally lost his mind if he thinks am going to stay with him again" I spat angrily.

" can you tell the court why you feel you still want your wife when you have brought in another woman in your house Mr Sichone?" The Judge asked him his deep voice clear.

" well, your honour it's because she wants to go back with her ex boyfriend who confronted me and told me if I left her, he was going to make her his" he spoke shamelessly I felt like grabbing his throat.

Yet again people murmered, this time even the Judge let a small laugh and shook his head.

" sir, I don't understand what kind of man you are. You denied your wife her rights in your home, impregnated another woman and brought her in your matrimonial home, yet the only reason you feel you should not divorce is because you are scared another man will get her?" The Judge chuckled.

Chris went quite realising how stupid he looked. Everyone was now whispering to each other and others shook their heads in disbelief.

We where told to wait for judgement later that afternoon and we went outside to wait.

" you will never be free. if you think am going to sign those papers to make you run into that jerk' s arms then you are mistaken." Chris shouted at me as we sat outside the court premises.

" if you are going mad, and your demons are tormenting You, can you please spare my friend, let her be free and stop talking nonsense" Linda stood up to him.

" who do you think you are Chris, God?" She scoffed angrily.

" boi please reserve your energy for something sensible this man is wasting his time here. He better start going to his wife there. She seems lonely " I added pulling Linda back.

Chris looked at both of us like he was going to swallow us alive. But I didn't give him the pleasure of saying anything more.

" see you for judgement in 2 hours time Chris" I told him as we walked passed him.

I heard him spat something but I didn't bother myself to hear it.

We went into town and got ourselves lunch.

Two hours later we went back and the Judge told us there was no reason for us to be together as it was evident my husband had not committed himself to our marriage and failed in his duties as a man. The issue of being with another woman with a child too worked against him so immediately we were asked to sign the papers of divorce.

The Judge told Chris to give me half of the Assets we had in the house. But I told him I didn't want anything. All I needed was being free from him and so my wish was granted.

We took a bus to my house and that day I felt a sense of relief and peace. It was like I had been carrying a large thing on my shoulders and it was suddenly removed I felt free.

A week later, I went back for work just to find a dismissal later, which stated that my services where no longer required.

" all this is Chris' doing" I cried. It was obvious he wanted to leave me stranded without a job. Owing to the fact that he found the job for me, I concluded he simply asked my employer to fire me.

Linda adviced me to sue the company for unfair dismissal, but I declined. I wasn't going back to some court sessions again.

" let them just give me what I worked for and I will find another Job my friend" I told Linda.

" you told me Lucas deals with a lot of companies and has one of his own. Why can't you ask him to help you find another job as a secretary at some company" Linda reminded me.

I was not willing to do so but a after some weeks of looking and nothing came up I felt I had to swallow my ego and asked for the much needed help.

So I called Lucas who answered immediately my phone rung. I asked to see him and like I had expected he called me to his house.

" can we meet at some central place say a restraunt " I suggested but he refused.

" am unwell Stella I can't drive out so if there's anything you have to come home" he responded firmly.

So now I had no option but to find a taxi to take me. Since I bashed the car into another vehicle I had not started driving it yet. The insurance compensation was not out and I had used up all the money I had to buy things for my new home.

I found Lucas sitting in the living room were we sat the first time I went to see him with a glass of lemonade which I figured he loved so much on the small table besides him.

" you are welcome " he smiled after we were done greeting each other. I realised he wasn't even sick.

" thank you. Am sorry I have bothered you but I need to ask you for a favour" i talked back feeling uncomfortable.

" go on" he nodded

" Lucas I need a Job. I don't know if you can help me hook up with some companies I need a Job as a secretary" I finally told him.

He frowned looking at me.." tell me what happened to You?" He asked instead coming and sitting opposite me.

" tell me that whole story you know am good at listening. Besides this is only 16 hours. We have lots of time on our hands to talk" he shrugged.

I couldn't stay quite anymore. I went on explaining the details of my marriage and the divorce. How Chris got me fired and that I was without a Job for over 2 months .

" so after all this time, you decided to call me just now when things got worse" I heard Lucas sighing sadly.

" oh Stella, you didn't have to wait after going through so much to give me a call. You have no idea how much I waited for you to come." He told me.

I couldn't get myself to look straight at him his calmness and softness of voice making me so ucomfortable.

" Come here" he raised his voice a bit indicating for me to sit closer to him.

I looked at him and he smiled.

" are you scared of me Now?" He asked with a smile.

" no am not but....." I couldn't finish my sentence........

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:05am On Sep 27, 2018
teebee22:
thanks, just finished reading the whole story and truly am thrilled.
You're welcome. Make sure you also read other stories on youngicee.com and recommend to others
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by WHOcarex: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2018
This promises to be interesting grin
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nice wan

Tanks for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 16

Lucas....

She was struggling to stay calm. I could see her being so uncomfortable and I couldn't let her far away. I needed her close to me and watching her opposite me made me want her close.

" come here " I raised my voice and she slowly stood and sat besides me.

Without warning I kissed her lips. I felt her stiffen a bit, I took it slow allowing her to get accustomed to the kiss. Whatever gave me the confidence that she was to accept me,

I let her lips go and she looked straight at me.

" Lucas, am not ...."

" what?" I whispered

" I don't think am the right person for you. I came in your life with lies, I don't think you deserve me. Just look at me. I was divorced barely 3 months ago and...."

" I love you" I cut in making her sit up.

" oh my God Lucas, No you don't, I mean you shouldn't...." I stammered.

" Stella if one man was a fool who mistreated you and made you feel less of yourself then that should not make you think every man is the same." I told her honestly.

All I could see in her was a woman who had undergone some rough path in life and needed me. I could see her inner sadness.

Without another word I pulled her up. She sighed pushing her hair extension backwards.

" come with me" i whispered leading her to my bedroom.

She kept on looking around the place as I led the way .

" are you Okey?" I asked her as we stood in my room facing the wide bed that I had spent my lonely nights in.

" yeah am okey" she nodded and I smiled at her. Her looks making me smile as she looked like a teenage smiling and sighing her uneasiness.

" Lucas, I think I need to leave now it's getting dark outside and you know I, I dont have a car, the , the landlord closses the gate at 20 hours" she stammered

" you acting like a child you know that?" I laughed still holding her hands.

I stood in front of her and held her waist so close.

" I want you here with me, you are spending a night in my house today" i informed her.

I couldn't even ask, I was feeling myself so bossy I knew I had to slow down.

I recalled the last week's she stayed away from me and how I had to nurse the hurt i was feeling.

My mother kept on asking about her and I couldn't just tell her the truth. I had to tell her We had a fight and we were going to work things out.

" my son, a woman is not difficult to win over. Just make her feel special. A woman is taken by the little gestures of love. You don't have to buy her a whole lot or fly yourself up. The simplest and most stupid things that a man does to show her how she means to him wins over a woman's heart." She had told me.

I felt my heart at peace. It didn't matter she had lied to me. All I wanted right that moment is to make her realise how special she was.

Slowly I held her chin up making her eyes meet mine.

" can you please spend tonight with me? I have been looking forward to the day I will hold you this close in my arms." I smiled rubbing my lips on hers.

I felt her relax as she smiled. Even if i couldnt see the smile cause my eyes were closed.

She held my neck and the touch of her hands on my skin made my heart skip a bit.

" am scared Lucas, maybe I don't know how to go about all this now. Am scared I might end up falling in love with you and then later on be made to go through what just did with my previous marriage. I don't think I am that strong to endure any more heart breaks" she whispered tears falling from her now closed eyes.

" am so scared. Please don't make me fall for you and break my heart again. If you May, just let me go before it's too late" she sighed sadly.

I moved her to the bed and made her sit down.

" don't be scared swity, I know what I feel and I wouldn't want to see you hurt. I cant hurt you deliberately you should know that. Please don't let the mistakes of one man, make us all pay.

Give us both a chance of being happy. You deserve to be loved and I dont know what your ex husband was thinking to let you go because for me I want to hold you like this forever" I said holding her close as I wrapped my hand around her shoulders.

" tell me Lucas, why do you think you love me?" She asked sounding so nervous.

" I don't have a way of saying it. All I know is that the first day I saw you my heart leaped with joy and i knew you were the one. People can fall in love more than once you know? And I bet I never saw this coming when I lost my late wife. It's even more deep and intense now" I giggled.

She looked at me and for the first time since she had walked in she smiled widely I knew she was going to be mine.

I moved her back making her lay on the bed facing up. As I went on top of her. She kept her eyes on me.

Kissing her tenderly and slowly making sure she felt every bit of the passion I was feeling for her.

She raised her hands to hold me but I shook my head. " nope, don't move" i smiled shaking my head.

Slowly working my hands around her body as she closed her eyes and let me move about.

Thanks to the blouse she had on with buttons I easily removed it revealing a black silk bra that complemented her skin tone.

I heard soft deep breaths as I went on caressing her nipples, her soft moans making me harder down my pants I thought I was going to burst.

I worked my way on her body making sure every touch went deeper to make her go crazy.

" stop punishing me now Lucas please. I cant can't take this anymore" she whispered her eyes so weak she looked like she was going to fall asleep.

I smiled as I continued touching her now complete naked body. Making sure she desired me more than ever.

Instead of obeying my order to stay put, I felt her hand go down my pants and I let a small scream. I had not felt that in a long time and she just did the right thing.

Whatever she was doing with her waist as i joined myself with her, was driving me crazy. I had been with other women before but never with one with such moves I felt I was drowning in a pool of pleasure.

The connection between us grew emmersley with each move and thrust.

For a period longer than I had anticipated we made love and by the time we both came , i was almost screaming my lungs out. came

" what was that?" I asked honestly having no words to say.

Maybe it was because I had fallen in love with her so much than I had thought or she was just good making my body happy.

She smiled, her eyes still clossed. " I have no idea I have not felt that deep and intense connection with anyone before my body feels different" she spoke softly.

She was right. It was like we both were doing it for the first time and I was surprised just the sight of her eyes made my man stand up again.

Without warning, I sat up making her sit on me as we went for another round facing each other. This time I didn't want her to close her eyes and neither did i because I wanted to see it all, the passion, the desire, the desperation and everything else that i could read from her eyes.

" I love You So much was all I kept on saying until I finally screamed out. I was almost sure if there was anyone near the next room, they heard me. She let a small laugh and lay on my chest.

In all honesty, I wanted her to tell me she loved me with her own voice but i didn't want to rush her. What I just experienced with her was enough to know how she felt.

I watched her as she lay sleeping and breathing softly.

I lifted the telephone and called the kitchen.

" can you bring us something to eat after an hour" I informed my worker and lay besides her.

I had woken up later the following morning after a turn of several mind blowing rounds with Stella. I felt my legs weak as I tried to stand.

Standing in front of the mirrow , I smiled at myself. " mom was right" I whispered to myself " I feel special " I nodded my head and changed into my jogging kit.

It was my daily trend and I felt i needed it more now that had a woman by my side. I looked at my sport watch and it showed 15 minutes past 06 am. I was late by almost an hour but I still had to ran even if it was just for a kilometre.

As I ran back to the house I saw a car parked in front of the gate and I shook my head not believing what I was seeing.

" seriously?" I whispered as I trotted to the gate.

" I want her out of your house right this minute you son of a b*tch!" Mike shouted above his voice.

" oh no you didn't" I scoffed stopping right in front of him.

" what are you doing at my house this time of the day and I thought I told you never to come back here.

Before I knew it, I felt the pain of his punch rush through my face. Holding on to the spot, I looked at him with anger.

" where is She? She's is mine you fool and I want her out of your pathetic bed right now.

" oh no he didn't just hit me" I thought to myself as I folded my blow to hit him back. I wasn't going to be intimated just because the guy was taller than me.

Without second thoughts I hit him in his chin and he staggered back holding the gate.

Before he came to me the two guards ran out and held him immediately and started beating him up.

I pulled one of the guards back, I just wanted to get over the anger that I was feeling in me. I never easily got angrily but Mike had crossed the line and now he awakened the teenage karate trainings I did years back.

Seeing I could handle him, the guards stood back and watched as I went on punching and kicking Mike.

I saw some blood come out of his nose but my anger wasn't quenched yet. I needed to go for more.

" Lucas! Stop that now! You are not like him!" I heard Stella call out to my name.

She ran and stood in between us and Mike took advantage raising a blow at me but it landed into Stella.

I held her close as she fall towards the ground.

The guards now alert went on and held Mike who kept on shouting and talking like a lunatic.

" Stella are you Okey?" I asked holding her in my arms. She wore my gown around her.

" am fine" she sighed trying to sit up. I lifted her up and led her inside the gate. Thankfully the area was still quite and there were barely any people passing around to watch the show.

" am sorry you had to see that " I held her

" he just came on to me and hit me before I could say anything" I told her and she sharply walked back furious.

" he's got to hear from me that jerk! What the hell is wrong with him?" She shouted as she ran out..

" come back don't go near that lunatic !" I shouted running to follow her outside.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
Oboi, nawa for this Mike ooo

OP tanks for the update, u too much
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 17

Mike....
I had not been lucky finding her when I returned to Lusaka from Luanshya. I knew she had moved but I couldn't find her. Trying to call her, I failed to go through and I knew she had blocked my line. I was even thinking of getting another number to use but then I recalled the court session that her father told me about.
So I went there and watched from Afar. I heard the court proceedings from outside not wanting her to see me.
When the judgement was past I really was glad that Chris was out of her life. Now all I needed was to follow her and see where she stayed. Unfortunately again, she had gone to her friends house before going to her new place and I got tired of waiting so I had left.
Over the period I tried to stalk her friend? I knew she would one day go to her and just then I would know where she was. Unfortunately I only had weekends and after work hours to do that so it took time to yield results. .
Weeks later, I saw her leave her friends house and got a cab. I followed her and to my shock she had been dropped in front of the man I had confronted before who I came to learn was a loaded business man and company owner. I tried to wait up outside in the hope that I would follow her to her place but night came and she was no where to be seen.
I got so angry with the thoughts of her being in the hands of another man.
" how could you betray me babe when you and I love each other.?" I whispered to myself as I drove home furious. I made a mental note to see her early the following morning.
My wife coming on to me didn't make any sense as I completely ignored her, this time I didn't even bother to give an excuse. I just completely shut her off and I felt her sigh sadly as she slept besides me.
My mind was busy fighting the images of my Stella with another man. I couldn't understand why she would run into another man's arms when she knew I was waiting for her and that I would never stop loving her.
The following morning I woke up and took a quick bath before driving to the man' s house. My intention was to see then walk or drive out expecting Stella to go for work it being a Friday. I waited for almost 30 minutes then I saw him, he came trotting back.
" oh so you f*ck my woman and you go out jogging like you so much of a man!" I whispered to myself getting out of the car.
" where is She?" I asked angrily as I watched his sweaty face.
He responded telling me off but this time I didn't let his calmness get to me so I lost it punching him in his face.
He staggered a bit and then he stood his ground ready to fight me. Well I didn't see it coming, the guy was good with his punch. I would actually admit that his punches were stronger than he looked.
The guy had some karate moves and he did well pounding on my face as I tried to keep up the fight.
After a few minutes Stella came out shouting and came in the way of my punch. I felt bad I hit her and before I could get to her the guards held me firmly i couldnt get off their grip. I watched and shouted as the man I figured was called Lucas as Stella had called him, holding her in his arms I felt so pissed.
The guards now had me pinned as one of them called the police.
" you damn idiot!" I heard Stella shouting and when I turned to look at her she looked so upset.
" you know what Mike you have really crossed the line this time. If you think you are man enough then am sorry, the truth is you are just a scared dog, who goes about intimidating people hiding his true fears. How dare you follow me around shamelessly." She scoffed looking at me like I disgusted her.
" am sorry babe I didn't mean to hit you" I tried to say still strained.
" you hit Me? Do you think that's the only wrong you have done you lunatic. Leave my life already you shameless man. Haven't caused me enough pain already!" She shouted crying as Lucas tried to hold her close.
" no Lucas, this man is way too much. He has contributed a great deal to my failed marriage and as if that's not enough he keeps following me around. What did I ever do to you for you to hurt me so much? I hate you Mike. With the same passion that I had loved you when we were young now I loath you and you disgust me. The mare sight of you makes me so pissed I wish I never met You!" She screamed in my face and I felt her words prick deep in my heart.
I thought she was just upset but when she shook her head her eyes on me, I knew she was being serious. She had this look that scared me and my efforts to try talk her out of her anger failed as she landed two hot slaps on my face.
I got so angry I managed to escape the guards and without thinking, my arms grabbed her neck.
I was about to lift her up she had made me so mad. Making me feel so less of myself, but Lucas pushed me off her and pushed her behind him as he stood facing me.
Before I could react and start another fight with him, a police car hooted and stopped right before us.
Two officers came straight to me and the guards pointed at me saying I was the one who was an intruder and came to cause problems at the house.
Instantly I felt the hand cuffs on my hands. "I will make sure you have a good number of days inside the police custody you jerk so that you learn to find your place in life" Lucas spoke angrily this time.
The police asked them to follow to the police and give their statements and Stella asked for an injunction to prevent me from going anywhere near her. Which was granted successfully after she had laid her case.
I felt so disappointed. The fact that hurt me the most was seeing her choosing another man over me once again and it hurt so bad I felt like crying even as they led me to the cells.
In the afternoon, I was called that someone was out to visit me and I had hopped Stella had changed her mind and was now willing to forgive me and bail me out. Much to my disapointment, I saw my wife carrying our 2 years old son.
" what are you doing here?" I asked surprised she was there. I had not called her and I wondered how she knew I was there.
Instead of answering me, she moved closer to me and I felt a slap land on me.
The next one and another one followed after that and she screamed in my face." You ungrateful man, you have the audacity to ask me that nonsense when all you have done is cause me pain. To add to the insults I hear you are in police cells because you went to disturbe someone over a woman"
" am i not woman enough for you?" My wife shouted tears falling her eyes.
I tried to make her understand but she seemed so upset I had never seen her that way.
" you know what? This is Over, you never even had the guts to marry me in church or Sign any documents so just consider this marriage over and am taking everything together with my children back to my parent' s house. Let's see how you will manage your life with a chain of loans on your payslips" she went on making everyone around look at me with disgusting looks.
She walked away telling the officers to lock me for ever If they so wished and i knew things were now bad.
Now I was at the mercy of Stella and Lucas who had me locked up and with no hope of being bailed out. " the price am paying for loving you Stella" I thought to myself as I was squized between some lot other guys in the cell.
Two days in custody made me develop so much hatred towards Stella. I had hoped she would come back to bail me out but nothing.
My mind wild back to the first time we both made each other promises.
I just completed school and she was still going doing her grade 11. I planned on an outing with her after doing some work for my father who paid me some money which I had used to buy some food for our picnic.
She wore a short blue dress with a small lace on the front and some slippers. I smiled seeing her as she came out of her house. Her smile was breath taking.
" ready?" I asked her holding her hand. We booked a taxi which dropped us in the middle of some small bushes. She kept on looking around and I made her a promise to protect her.
" it's a picnic babe and this is a perfect place for you and me to have our own moment " I smiled as I made her sit on the Chitenge material that I asked her to come with.
We sat and eat the food that I had bought and later on talked about so many things.
We both were still virgins and right after we agreed to make love.
The experience was not so much exciting for both of us but I assured her we were going to get better.
" promise you will always love me no matter what" I had whispered as we stood holding each other by the tree trank.
" I love you Mike and I don't think I will ever feel like this for any other person. I promise to be here always and to love you forever" she smiled and I kissed her.
The connection between us grew stronger and the other times we met it got better. I always used protection with her not wanting to ruin our plans by making her pregnant before she completed her secondary school. The idea was for both of use to complete our school and found some good jobs for our better future.
I wiped my eyes at the memories I just had realising I was still confined to a cell.
" I loved you with everything I had and you broke our promise. Now you will not live to enjoy being with another man as long as I am still alive." I whispered to myself.
" enjoy it while it lasts Lucas, Cause when am out of here. You will have a better use of the word Lunatic like you have called me several times" I scoffed.
Like to answer my prayer, I heard the officer call out my name and told me someone had bailed me out.
I wondered who the saviour was and I was amazed to find Chris, standing outside waiting for me to sign the bail.
" what the hell? " I asked looking at him.
" you are supposed to say thank you" I saw him smile as he signed the papers.
Okey that came as a surprise and I couldn't wait to hear to what I owed that favour from the man who had been my greatest enemy.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2018
This Mike na real Animal

OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nice Chris grin grin
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 18

Stella...
" you can't keep like this Stella, I told you already all this is going to be over soon." Lucas comforted me as we both sat on my bed.
He had become a regular visitor to my house after the incidence with Mike.
Now that I was sure Chris and Mike had teamed up to make my life mesirable by threatening Lucas and sending me some text messages using some enormous numbers.
I started working a week after Mike was placed in police custody and immediately he came out he sent videos of me and him together the time we were at the lodge to threaten to publish them on social media if i didn't stop seeing Lucas.
He told me through the messages that he was going to tell people the reason my marriage ended was because I was sleeping around.
At first I thought Mike was bragging. I was so sure he never got any video of us but when he sent me a clip I was powerless. My face was so clear in the video every single person I knew would recognise me if it went on social media. Not to talk of my reputation and that of my family.
The worse of it all was that he sent some photos of the recordings to my current employer telling them how i was a cheap women who was there to degrade the organisation with my prostitution.
I was fired from the Job that Lucas recommended me to barely a week after starting.
Now I was stuck back home if not for Lucas standing by my side I could have had nothing to eat or use in my home.
I looked at him still looking calm and composed I wondered how he managed that. He smiled at me and held my face to look at him.
" am going to find Mike and I swear I will take all the recordings he has of you. It all will be over soon" he assured me.
" I don't really know Lucas. How do i stay calm knowing Mike is out there planing God knows what against me. ? He threatened to kill you and make it look like I did it if I don't stop seeing you. Honestly Lucas we need to consider stopping our relationship. For starters am not ready to loose you and you don't derseve all this. You are a good man Lucas and I won't forgive myself if anything happens to you. Please listen to me and leave me already " I begged him squizing his hands.
He instead kissed me on my lips and whispered,
"What kind of man will I be if I can abandon the woman I love just because some jealousy lunatic is threatening me.?" He shrugged.
Mike had been on my tail for weeks. Asking me to leave Lucas or he will never let me get a job. He warned every time i did get one he would send the videos and pictures of my nudeness and tell them I was just a prostitute who would ruin their business.
I spent most of my days locked up. If not for Lucas and Linda I wouldn't have survived the torture. I couldn't tell my family just yet. I had no way of explaining myself to my parents.
I recall how I had met Chris one day. He was with his Mwenya and the baby three of them walked margestically with Chris carrying the baby.
I had pretended not to have seen them but Chris came over to me and held my hand.
" hello ex wife, I hear you found yourself a new sponsor. I should have known you were just a slut who uses men for money. It has not even been a year since we divorced and you are already sleeping around?" He scoffed and laughed.
" leave me alone Chris, I don't care what you think about me. If you don't know am so free and happy right now" I told him off and he let a louder laugh.
" yeah happy indeed. You cant even keep jobs and i hear you have been having some ex boyfriend drama." He clapped his hands teasingly as Mwenya joined the laughter.
I felt so embarrassed and humiliated as he went on saying how I was a disgrace and that he left me because I was barren. For fear of crying in front of them I had walked away my head down as those who were near by the area and heard the talk looked at me.
Running home I cried myself to sleep. Wondering if God had let me out to the punishment for my sins.
" I swear am trying to do the right things Linda. I trully am and every time I try harder it's like I get more hurt. What did I ever do to Them to treat me like this?" I cried to my friend who held me in an embrace to comfort me.
" I don't understand my friend. Lucas made it clear he never wanted you by acting the way he did and he's with another woman. That Mike is also is a married man. What do they want with You?" She asked worried.
" I really wish I knew my friend. If I didn't know that Chris and Mike hated each other i could have thought they have ganged up to destroy me" I told Linda shaking my head.
" hey did you get a word of what I said?" Lucas asked bringing me back to the moment.
" am sorry. I zoomed out again right?" I sighed.
" i don't want to see you like this Stella. Your happiness is what matters to me right now and am going to make sure I get to the bottom of all this. No more public humiliation or threats about anything. This is what we are going to do. " Lucas made me lay in his chest as he spoke.
" neither of them knows my mother. So let's pretend we are no longer together and see how we can solve all this especially retrieving the recordings. "
" what do you mean they don't know your mother? what's the plan Lucas?" I asked sitting up.
" calm down. All am saying is we have to take you to the place were Mike will not see you an stalk you. Its dangerious for you to stay alone here and Since you told me he sent someone here with a message it's clear he wants you to know he knows where you live and he can even walk in himself despite having a straining order to stay away from you"
I looked at Lucas as he explained the scenario. He was practically asking me to go and hide at his mother's place and him and me will be meeting there until he figured a way to get the recordings.
I didn't like the idea of hiding especially at his mother's as that would require telling her everything.
Going home wasn't an option as my parents were struggling as it was already. I needed to stay in Lusaka and find a job to help them out. It wa was hard to get a job in Luanshya.
After a long discussion I told Lucas I would think about it.
" be safe" Lucas kissed me as he left the house.
I stood by the door my eyes crossed trying to cool off my head from everything.
" Lucas, did you forget something?" I asked when i heard the knock on the door and went on opening it.
Standing before me was Mike dressed in black and standing his hands in his pockets, wearing a smile on his face.
I felt my heart race as he slowly move in making me stagger and move backwards. He looked like a different person. One that I didn't know, the look on his dark face smelled so much danger I felt my knees shiver.
" are you scared of me now babe?" He grinned closing the door behind him as he kept advancing on me.
" stay away from me you jerk you were given a straining order. I swear I will call the police on you you bastard!" I shouted angrily and he quickly came forward holding my mouth.
" you shout out like that again and I swear you will regret it" he warned holding my mouth tightly as I nodded in fear.
" good" he smiled letting my mouth free. He walked around my small house taking in everything around as I watched him in silence. I wondered how on earth I didn't see that in him before. Clearly Mike's obsession with me had turned him into this person I was so scared of I felt my insides moving.
He came and sat next to me and I moved away swiftly. He let a laugh and pulled me back.
" sit down here dammit!" He shouted. " you used to love me and felt good being close to me. What the hell happened to you Stella?" He glared at me.
" please Mike just leave my house and go to your wife" I pleaded tears in my eyes.
He leaned forward and licked my tears with his tongue. " mmmmmmm sweet as always babe" he smiled.
" but I don't have a wife to go to. You know, I heard you went and told her I was in custody because of you and now she and my kids left me."
I turned my head to look at him. I had told his wife so that maybe he would change but now I was sure I added to his anger as he looked pissed talking about his family.
" yeah actually !" He laughed " I have no one else to go to now because you chased my family away. I know that woman is so stupid and naive, but believe me I know why I kept her close. She made things easier for me by providing for me and the family. So yes, I never loved her but I needed her." He winced his eye.
" now that you chased her and you are trying to ran away from me, I bet you can imagine my anger right now" He whispered getting close to me his warm mouth in my neck making me want to throw up.
One wouldn't know a day would come when I would look at Mike that way. He disgusted me so much I couldn't stand him.
I was shaking with fear and I felt him laugh in my neck.
I stood up and before i could move further he stood up slapping me hard in the face.
" I said stay close to me dammit!" He shouted angrily.
I let a scream as i felt my side go hot from his slap. He held my mouth and pushed me to the bed with full force I felt my back ache.
Pleading and crying for him to let me go didnt work.
Instead Mike teared my clothes apart telling me he was going to have me one way or the other. I tried to push him away but his hold on my mouth and body didnt help me at all.
He pulled down his pants and with so much force started panatrating me. He shoved himself in me with so much power I felt like my inside would be smashed.
I tried to shake him off as I cried miserably but he could t stop. For what seemed like forever, Mike satisfied himself and stood up leaving me curled as I cried my whole body paining.
" you are mine Stella. Am gonna have you one way or the other. You promised me forever and Forever I will give you. Dare report to the police and I will do the worst. You know am not bragging" he whispered into my ears as I cried.
I heard the door open and close as he left my house. " oh my God, what is all this now?" I cried pulling myself to get my phone and probably call Lucas to help me but I found Mike had taken my phone.
" oh my God!" I cried standing and looking outside but there was no one. The main house was quite and I couldn't get myself to go and disturb them. It was already past 22 hours.
I locked the door my fingers trembling and curled myself to sleep hoping I would wake up from the night mare I just went through..

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 19

The whole night I twisted and turned in my bed. My body felt so tired and sore but my mind stayed active , I couldn't even doze off.
My greatest worry was what Mike was going to do with my phone. " That lunatic is not up to any good" I thought to myself as I pushed myself to the bathroom.
I took time trying to scrub off the dirty I was feeling on my body. The scent of Mike was so loud in my nose I couldn't stand it. I wished l had done more of washing myself the previous night.
After almost an hour of taking a bath, I walked to my bed and screamed loudly when I found someone standing in my room.
" Oh no! Swity am sorry I scared you. I didn't mean to " Lucas came closer to hold my hand but I moved back quickly in fear.
" Stella are you okey?" Lucas asked drawing near to me.
My face was covered in fear I couldn't contain my body' s shaking.
" What happened to you Swity please talk to me" he whispered trying to hold me and I stopped withdrawing as my mind realised I was safe.
Unconsciously l felt unsafe. The impact of Mike's rape left me broken inside.
I started crying as Lucas pulled me into a hug.
" shshshsshsh! It's me swity please calm down. You are safe now tell me what happened to you here when I was gone . I left you okey" he said in a low tone.
' He came here and raped me Lucas, he raped me and l can't stop thinking about the pain he has caused me" l cried holding on to him.
" Oh God! This cannot be happening now, what is that idiot up to?" Lucas shouted angrily his facial expression changing from concern to anger.
He walked around the room shaking his head.
" I saw your text that we meet somewhere at 8 hours but then I decided we come talk here cause I wanted you to avoid going to such a place you told me. That's why am here earlier" Lucas told me sitting back down.
" No" I shook my head , oh my God Lucas it's not me who sent the text" I held my head in confusion.
" Yes swity I have it here, you text me about an hour ago and...."
" No it's not me Lucas, Mike got my phone last night after raping me that's why I couldn't even call you. " I cried desperately trying to think of what Mike wanted to do with Lucas at whatever place he was to meet him.
" This is getting out of hand Stella. We have to put a stop to this nonsense and now!" He spoke loudly as he grabbed his phone.
" Well, since he wants to play some games with me, let it begin !" Lucas sighed dialling some number.
" Hello, meet me up at my home now, that program has started " I heard him speak on the phone.
I asked him what he meant by that and he told me he had hired two men to guard me and try to find Mike so that they could retrieve the recording. He stated that going to the police would take a long time and that we had no idea what Mike was up to.
I agreed with him and I quickly started dressing up. Before l finished Lucas came closer but I flinched again not wanting him to touch me.
" Am sorry, I still feel agitated, a man touching me is not feeling okey.."
" lt's okey I understand, l just wanted to assure you that things will be okey" he smiled confidently making me feel safe.
I wore a black jeans and some body top, adding pamps on my feet as Lucas went on to make some more calls I could hear him talking. For a moment I felt bad I wasn't allowing him close to me. I couldn't control my inner fear and now I understood how some women felt after being raped.
We drove to Lucas' house and found two huge men sitted inside.
They both greeted us standing up but I couldn't get to shake their hands as I flinched back a little when one of them tried to come close.
I saw him look at me and then Lucas, He cleared his throat and sat back down.
" Am sorry, he told me about last night, it's important that me and my colleague here know the whole truth so that we are effective" he smiled baldly.
" He's right swity don't worry you are safe now. These guys will protect you and you are not going back to your house. Change of plans you will be safer here than anywhere else" Lucas told me looking at me seriously.
I just nodded my head. Hating the fact that I was going to live in hiding because of a man' s obsession.
They went on discussing the plan of what they were going to do to catch Mike at the point he told Lucas. And they left after 30 minutes.
I walked around the place when they were gone trying to calm myself down.
I called Linda to tell her what was going on using Lucas' landline.
" Oh dear God, what kind of demons are using that man to do such kind of things?" Linda wondered sadly.
" He's gone mad it's evident and now I don't have any idea what am going to do boi. Am scared right now I don't even know what is going on with Lucas, it's been over an hour since he went out to try catch Mike" I told her tears in my eyes.
" Don't worry my dear, trust God for he's seeing you through right now. Just pray even more for now is the darkest hour and the enemy has raised against you. But when you place your trust in God soon it will day break and you will live in peace again " Linda encouraged me.
We went on talking and she even prayed for me on the phone. After which I really felt relaxed and as I hang up I heard the gate opening and a car driving in, l knew it was them.
I ran to the door to see what was going on and I saw Lucas come out of the vehicle and one of the guys was with him. I wondered were the other one was..
" So?" I asked getting close to Lucas, " did you find him? Have you got the recordings?" I asked one question after the other.
" Come here" Lucas sighed leading me inside as he held my hand and at least I didn't wince like before. I could bet the prayers l just had with Linda really got me better.
Lucas looked at my face to see I was okey with him touching me and I nodded my head to assure him.
" Listen, Mike had turned out to be sharper than we thought. It seems he is working with someone else and he saw the guys before they could hide. So I waited for him to appear at the spot but he didn't come. Only to send me this" Lucas added showing me a text.
" You are so foolish if you think I will easily fall into your trap you stupid fool" it read
" What now?" I asked looking at Lucas.
" He's not going to get away with this don't worry. I went through the police and reported him still stalking you and about the rape. They wanted to come hear from you but I told them it wasn't neceasary. Thankfully the officer in charge of the case is a friend so he got my word for it. They are also going to take the issue seriously. Trust me he will be caught soon and be made to pay for what he's doing" Lucas explained
I kept quite trying to find a way of understanding the situation. That day Lucas and I stayed inside whilst the two guys he hired together with the guards stayed outside guarding us .
Lucas and I were saved some lunch later on and we ate in silence as we each remained in our own thoughts.
I wondered what my life would have been if I had decided to wait for Mike.
Maybe I could have been happy, or maybe he could have kept me like his prisoner since his jealousy was so extreme even the time we were dating. I was still young and for me back then, it was love that was working and I couldn't see the danger of his altitude and jealousy..
Inwardly I thanked God I had chosen another man even when things didn't work out too. But it somehow saved me from being imprisoned for life in Mike's home.
The mare thoughts of his face the previous night made my hands shiver.
I knew Mike wasn't so much crazy as to come near the house that night so I walked outside the yard to have some time to think through things. The chill of the cold night touching my skin. I stood by the pool area and could see the bodygaurd's standing by the gate and one kept his eyes on me.
I knew I was safe and I walked around the water sinking my eyes in the blue water as my thoughts wild through my head.
After half an hour I turned to look at the gate where the guard was and I saw the gate open. I looked closer to understand what was going on and I noticed it was all quite. No movements and no bodyguard.
I quickly walked there and found the two security guards laying down.
" Oh my God, what happened here!" I shouted touching them, they both were still alive, it was like someone just knocked them out.
" Lucas!" I ran back inside after noticing the two body guards had disappeared.
" Lucas! I screamed out runing around the house. I had left him in his study and he wasn't there.
" He walked outside with the two body guards" the maid informed me when I bumped into her as I ran from his bedroom.
" What do you mean outside. I was just standing there! " I shouted now panicking.
His car was still parked outside and I ran to it.
" Please God let him be okey I prayed as I drove out the gate to the police.
The officers took my statement as I panted telling them what happened.
" Don't worry mam, we will find him. Just stay calm and don't do anything. Let us handle this" the police officer told me.
I couldn't calm down , l watched as they gave each other some information and two officers got into the police car driving away.
I was told to go back to Lucas' s house and report anything happening there and I was told I was to be accompanied by one of the police officers.
My heart raced all through the way I couldn't even drive. The officer took over and drove us.
Getting to Lucas' house we found the guards were up and they had no idea what had happened to them.
One of them said he just felt a hit on his head and he blacked out. Now we were suspecting the bodyguards. But l didn't understand. I had thought they came to protect us, whatever happened they sure were involved with Mike and just the thoughts of what they were to do with Lucas threatened me. ..
Lucas..........
I was trying to move as I felt my whole body feeling numb it was like I was tied up after being drugged. Opening my eyes I surely found myself tied to a chair the two I had hired as my body guards staring at me.
" Sorry man, someone offered something more for this job and we couldn't resist It." One of them talked close to my head and I shook my head disappointed.
" You bastards, you should have asked for more money and I could have given you. How can you betray me like that. I trusted you. Where is Stella? " I asked looking around as my heart panicked.
" She's probably crying herself to sleep in your house. " l heard another man's voice answer and I turned to look at who it was.
I remembered seeing his face somewhere but l couldn't remember who he was.
" And who are You?" I asked him hating his funny laugh as he approached me.
" Let's just say am the man you took a wife from. Mike told me she was going out with you before I even divorced her meaning the two of you have been betraying me for a long time.
You are lucky am not a killer, you could have died a long time ago. But now you are at my mercy." He let a small laugh as he sat on the bed in front of me.
We were in a room like one in a lodge of some kind I couldn't surely tell.
"You are sick in the head you know that? You failed to keep your wife and was a coward. Pushing her away , now you feel good acting like a criminal. Well, it's sad because that doesn't even make you a man if you ask me." I scoffed looking straight at him.
He stood up and landed a slap in my face.
" Say anything of that sort again and am sure I will not hesitate to have these your body guards take care of you." He gnawed angrily.
I was not feeling scared of them at all. The only fear I had was what was happening to Stella With everything I had in me I wanted her to be safe.
I tried to move but my body was tied. I was still struggling with myself when Mike came in.
" Well, the hero is here!" He shouted standing in front of me. " this is what happens when you try to play hero. Stella is just a slut that derseves to be punished. But you are making everything difficult by trying to get in our way. " Mike sighed
" He will pay for sleeping with my wife" Chris answered looking at me.
I couldn't help but laugh at them both. They were acting so stupid I couldn't understand what kind of nonsense was going through their heads.
" What is funny rich guy?" Mike snapped angrily. " does this look like a joke to You?" He asked
" lt actually is, because you two are seriously playing like idiots who have watched too much cartoon. You think you will get away with all this? You are mistaken if you think this act of madness will let you escape the purnishemnt that is coming your way" I told them seriously.
They both looked at each other and like idiots they started debating on the plan they had which was evidently clear not in one accord as they kept on arguing with each other.
After some few minutes of whispers and talking they walked outside and I was left with one of the guards standing by the door.
" Listen, I understand you just want to make money. I have more to offer than those two fools. Come on help me here and I will give you whatever you want. I need to get out of here and make sure Stella is okey. Please I will pay you handsomely" I pleaded with the man who kept quite looking at me.
" How much are they paying You?" I asked when I saw his face soften.
" They contacted us through our boss the one who recommended us to you and offered K 6 000 if we worked with them.
I smiled at him shaking my head. " I can give you alone 3 times what they offered if you help me" I whispered and sat back when Mike and Chris walked back and the other man following behind.
" Don't worry, we just want to make sure Stella feels the pain of betraying us both and when we are done punishing her we will let you go." Chris spoke up.
" I loved her but she betrayed me with you and this man here. Funny am working with him huh?" He shook his head.
I kept my eyes on his stupid face and couldn't stop wondering what Stella had seen in him. Her and him where far incomparable. She was a beautiful woman with a strong sense of life and calliber. Surely he didn't derseve her. Now I understood why she had to go through what she did with him. He was a just joke of a man. I vowed to make them both pay when I was out of the place of which I intended to leave as soon as they left as I could see the guy l made an offer to, looking at me with an assurance look.

Story is already complete here - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
Really nice
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2018
Chai nawa oooo..

OP tanks for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 20

Chris.....

I sat down watching the baby now learning to sit as the mother watched Telemundo. She was evidently the most annoying person I couldn't even get the remote control to watch my team play soccer.

Most of the times I would come home I would find her watching her telenovelas and she never moved an inch to welcome me nor prepare my food.

I honestly was missing the meals Stella always prepared for me. Her cooking was exceptional I used to enjoy myself. Even though we fought she never stopped cooking and leaving food for me. No matter what time I went back home.

Now I hardly had a meal prepared by Mwenya. She had even hired a maid even when she just sat home doing nothing. Stella always cleaned the house before going for work and I never saw any bunch of unironed clothes or even dirty ones in the washing basket as she always made sure the house was neat and sparkling clean.

The thoughts of her made me miss her I was regretting my actions. Now that I had lost the court case which I had so wished would fail and her refused a divorce I thought I had to find a way of making her come back to me. I thought i wasn't going to make myself desperate by begging her to come back..

My sister who came home after Stella left made me to get thinking about the baby Mwenya was saying was mine.

" open your eyes Chris that child does not look anything like you and neither does he look like the mother. So you will raise another man' s child if you are not careful. " she had warned me and I somehow knew it made sense even if I couldn't accept it to her face that there was some truth in what she was saying.

She was one of the people in my family that had condemned me for leaving Stella. Everyone said I had lost my mind and now that I started comparing her to Mwenya I started realising they all had a point.

Now I had to find a way to push Stella back to myself and when I did, I planned on chasing Mwenya to whoever was the real father to her child.

An opportunity came when I was told by my friend at the police about what was happening with Stella and Mike. He told me he worked from a different station but he had witnessed the scene when Stella reported and asked for restraining order for Mike at the station.

After two days of thinking through it I knew i had to play both Mike and Stella to get her back begging for my help and then I would take adavantage of her.

I bailed out Mike who clearly was shocked and he pushed me when we were far from the police station.." what the hell do you think you are planning you idiot for you to bail me out. Tell me what this is all about!" He grabbed my neck in the car.

" relax man, we are both looking for the same thing here and I came in peace to help you "

" I didn't ask for your help you idiot and I don't know what you are talking about." He snapped.

" I know you now hate Stella too. She promised to love you but she left you for me and now she s with another man even after you pushed me to divorce her so that you get her to yourself " I made my point to him and he sighed letting my shirt go.

" am listening" he responded now paying attention to me. ." Good!" I smiled.

Lets grab some beers and plan this together. I smiled driving the car to the nearest bar.

We sat and planed on luring Stella away from Lucas. When Mike told me he recorded their love making I suggested he got her out of employement with that.

" oh great idea," Mike exclaimed as I finished telling him what we were to do. " surely I never saw that kind of person in you" he teased as he drunk the beer in his hands.

So we planned on our moves.

I however didn't like the idea of him going to sleep with Stella as he assured me he would let me do the same. " she is for both of us for now and I can assure you the torture of being raped by two men consecutively will drive her crazy she will be so broken" Mike suggested but didn't like the idea.

My own intention was for her to feel desperate so that she could ran back to me. I planned on remaining in the shadows and would only appear when necessary to look like a hero before her and save her so that she would fall for me.

So when we paid off the guards a thousand more than they were offered to protect Stella we worn them over.

Seeing Lucas made me want to take out my anger on him. He was good looking and from the house I saw he surely was loaded.

The mare fact of him taking my woman made me sick as i knew he seemed to have more to offer her than I had.

Even if i wasn't going to kill him, I had thought about it, but then I needed to be out of Prison if I had to win over Stella.

" so now, we go as per plan. Since there's a cop at that mansion we can stall for today and come back tomoro morning. Am sure he won't stay there for long" i heard mike's voice speak as we drove back.

We had left Lucas tied to a chair and the plan was to capture Stella of which I suggested Mike did it so that later on I went to save her ( of course that wasn't known by Mike).

" yeah you are right. We meet tomorrow morning so that we excute our plan nicely" I sighed looking ahead as I drove.

I was to drop Mike, I wondered why the bastard wasn't using his car anymore.

He smiled I could see his white teeth in the dim light from the dash board as I drove us.

" you have no idea how I will play you on this one you bastard . You will pay for breaking my marriage!" I thought to myself.

Mike.....

Seeing Chris making some big contributions to purnish Stella was making me feel so good. The idiot was releasing all the money and bringing out ideas. .He had no idea I planned on killing him and Lucas making it seem Stella killed them both so that i saw her pay for her betrayal with her life.

I was feeling a hatred for her as much as I had felt love.

Maybe I had just suppressed the feelings i had for her with hate. She made me loose everything.

My family hated me after my wife told them everything and every time my father called me he would remind me of what a failure I was.

The debt I had failed to pay back with one of the finance companies cost me my car and now I had to walk around.

I lied to Chris I would contribute my part when the deal was off and asked him to pay the guys to kidnap Lucas instead.

I had no problem with him living and taking the fall for the crimes we were both doing.

Him would be an easy target as they would label him as jealousy husband who killed his ex wife's lover.and Stella was to be charged for killing her ex husband too and him pay for killing her lover.

" a perfect plot!" I smiled to myself as Chris drove me back to my empty home.

That was the only thing I had remaining to my name. I was just hoping I could use the money I would swindle from Lucas, to pay for the loan so that the bank wouldn't get my house too.

" so see you tomoro" Chris spoke up as he drove to the front of my house. " yeah my man, see you tomorrow for sure!" I sighed patting his shoulder.

" that was a good move today am sure that bastard will regret ever sleeping with your wife. Stella has it coming too" i added as I stepped out of his car.

I went to sit on the small mattress which was the only thing I had left in the house. My wife had taken everything away leaving two pots, a two plates stove and a small mattress with a thin blanket for me.

I walked around holding the castle beer in my hands as I thought about what I had gone through since I started my persuit for Stella.

" all I wanted was for you to love me Stella and you pay me with so much pain" I whispered to myself. " I swear on my kids I will make you pay for this humiliation and I will find a way of getting my family back." I snapped kicking the wall.

I wanted to finish it all and get over what I was feeling inside my heart, the pain of being rejected by the only person you have ever loved.

I drunk up some more bottles and by the time I was done with 2 six packs i felt drunk and I went on cursing and shouting out my anger.

It felt better to throw the empty bottles on the wall as each throw felt like i was hitting someone I hated.

I grabbed my phone and called the guard we left with Lucas.

" Mike everything is okey. The guy is dozing his head off in his seat" the guy informed me and I smiled.

" Good, keep the good work and you will get the balance tommorow! " I shouted back cheerfully before hanging up.

" you will taste your death soon enough Lucas but you will leave a share of your riches to me!" I shrugged as I lay on the mattress.

The sound of a loud bang on the door woke me up. I struggled to open my eyes as I felt my head cracking, " the effect of the beer I had drunk" , i thought to myself.

I was still trying to compose myself when the loud bang came again making me sit up instantly.

" oh idiot did we say you come this early? " I clicked my tongue as I looked at the watch in my hand and saw it was just 30 minutes after 04 am .

I rubbed my eyes and started unlocking the door sighing and shaking my head.

I was almost shouting at Chris who was standing at the door when my mouth went soundless....

" what the hell!" I muttered.

Story continues...

©Tisa Phiri

All Rights Reserved
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:42am On Oct 08, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 21

Lucas....
I had to make it to the house as quickly as I could to check on her. The thoughts of her being in danger clouding my mind, I couldn't stay calm.
" thanks man for this, just help me to find a away out of here as fast as possible so that I can go back home" I told the guard who had released me.
" make sure you keep the end of your deal. I need to get out of this town before my friend does something bad to me. The effect of the drug he inhaled will be for just an hour and I hope by then things would have worked out for you" the guard responded as he led the way out of a lodge.
I was right to feel I was in a room at a lodge before. We stood by the main road, I didn't bother to ask which area we were in, I could tell when we stood by road side that we were in one of the compounds, Chawama to be precise.
After a few minutes I stopped a taxi, and the guard hopped in too. In my mind I thought of handing him over to the police but then I felt pity for him. Karma will catch up with him and I was to keep my words.
" I cannot go to your place for i heard there's a cop there. Now tell me how I would get my money" he asked as the vehicle moved heading to town.
" you tell me, cause I don't have the money with me here and I don't keep such sums of money in the house" I responded looking ahead my heart not at easy.
After a few minutes of discussing it, we agreed I send him the money and told him I would not report him to the police . Instead of following me he asked to be left in town and I asked the taxi driver to drive quickly to my residence.
Without waiting for someone to answer the gate I banged it continuously until one of the security guards, followed by a police officer came to open. " sir! You are Okey!" The gaurd shouted happily upon seeing me.
" where is She?" I responded instead as my eyes went ahead to look for Stella in the house.
My heart leaped with joy as I saw her running towards me.
" oh my God thank you!" She cried hugging me.
" I was going crazy thinking Mike had done the worst to you Lucas, are you Okey?" She looked at me.
" am fine Swity. Thank God those idiots didn't touch you. I swear they could have seen the worst of me I embraced her planting a kiss on her lips.
The police officer cleared his throat behind us.
" you will continue the reunion later just tell me what happened I need to give a report. We have to apprehend the guys involved before it's too late " he spoke up .
" yeah of course officer " I sighed leading the way inside as Stella held on to my hand.
I told them about Mike and Chris and Stella stood up furious." No way, I never knew those two were working together. What is wrong with them?" She shook her head confused.
"Don't worry yourself now Swity, all this is over now and they will be arrested this very night." I comforted her.
Later the other officers came by and they told Stella to lead the way to her old house so that they catch Chris.
We found the house quite the time we drove by his gate. It was almost 04 am as it took time for me to escape and go through the whole process of reporting them.
The police officers banged the gate several times and a woman came to open. I looked at Stella to see if she recognised her but she shook her head.
" I don't know her " she responded
We stood back as the police walked in after talking to the woman who told them she was a maid.
A few minutes later Chris walked out in hand cuffs as the police officers tagged behind him.
" you are a fool Chris!" Stella shouted rushing to hit him in the face. " you will pay you bastard for ruining my life. I gave you my whole life and did the best for you. What did you do? Threw it all away. Now that i left you in peace you won't allow me to live my own life in peace. What did I ever do to you Chris for you to reach that extent of teaming up against me?" She cried standing in front of him.
He looked at her and then at me. " you derseve it for being a slut" he spat angrily
" you think you will be happy living with this clown here, you are mistaken ..." He shouted on and the cops pushed him into the vehicle.
" move it now !" They pushed him and he staggered forward.
" you will lead us to your friend !" They told him as one of the officers beat him in the back.
" come let's go" I held Stella as we walked back to my vehicle.
Finding Mike's place was not so difficult as we had been there before. Stella and I had gone to tell his wife the last time he was put in custody so we gladly gave directions to the cops.
After knocking for almost three times, Mike stood before us with his face clearly displaying he had been drinking.
Just the sight of him was so frustrating if not for the Police I could have had my way hitting his face off.
" what the hell! " he shouted upon seeing us all standing outside with his counterpart in front.
Without warning he closed back the door anId ran back inside. " get him now!" The officers told each other as they kicked the door open.
I couldn't wait anymore as I ran inside going after Mike too.
I saw him ran through the back door and I followed him behind increasing my speed seeing him ran to the road.
We ran after him and the guy went on running away as we all persued him. We went round the houses and I would admit he made us ran around. The guy was good at running.
" go back sir We will try look for him he can't be far " one of the officers told me after we couldn't see Mike anywhere.
I ran back now realising we left Stella with Chris alone.
" where is He?' Stella asked as I joined them.
The hand cuffed Chris smiled, " oh poor Stella your eternal boyfriend will make you pay too" he laughed teasingly.
" shut up !" I shouted raising my hand to hit him.
" just let this fool be Lucas, he doesn't deserve your energy. The law will surely deal with him and we will then see how he will laugh about all this" Stella held me.
The cops came back shaking their heads. "We lost him, but surely we will soon have him" they told us.
" I hope so" i sighed.
" otherwise that man is crazy and is capable of doing anything now. "
" just be careful you two. We will take this one to the cells and continue looking for Mike. Stay home and the officer will come over and guard you today until he's found and aprehended" the cop informed us.
They dragged Chris back to their vehicle and I drove us back home.
Stella was quite all the way i could see she had lots on her mind. She looked so sad I wished i had a better way of comforting her.
I tried to talk to her about something else but she evidently wasn't participating as she normally would.
" I never wanted this for you Lucas, I swear if I knew this would happen I could have stayed away from you for good" she cried that night as we sat together.
" it's not your fault that all this is happening to you Stella. Don't push this so much on yourself" I held her close
" those two are just crazy and am sure Mike will be caught soon. You don't have to worry cause you are safe here" I tried to smile assuring her.
She asked to sleep alone and I understood her. I had to give her time to heal. The impact of what was happening surely left her broken.
Stella. ...
I couldnt sleep as i couldnt help thinking about what Mike was planning. After time of twisting and turning in bed I had to follow up my initial idea.
I walked out to the living room to find a telephone. Thinking if had to take care of Mike myself before it was too late I was going to save Lucas a great deal. He had done a lot for me and I wasn't going to let him get in harm's way anymore.
I thought of all the places he could have run to but I couldn't figure out where. So I decided to call him.
His line rung for some time without response. I redialled the number and before I gave up I heard him answer.
" Helo who is this?" His deep voice came through making my heart race.
" Mike it's me" I started calmly. . It was quite for some time and I thought he hung up.
" am so sorry for what happened between us Mike. I have just realised I love you and I need you right now" I went on trying to make him stay on the line.
He had no idea I wanted to have him trapped and I knew that trying to convince him about my feelings for him will get him into the trap.
" so you think am an idiot right?" He snapped. " you are trying to bulshit me so that the cops can catch me. You are mistaken if you think I will fall into your trap Stella!" He shouted angrily.
" I am not laying Mike. Yes am at Lucas' place but he doesn't even know am talking to you. I just wanted to let you that i have realised my mistakes and I love you. Please lets ran away from all this together" I sighed sadly trying to get him to accept.
He frowned and after some few minutes of convincing him he agreed to meet with me that evening.
" if you betray me again and even think of coming with the police or that Lucas here then I will have to kill you myself without hesitation." He shouted back.
" I love you" I responded instead making a face as the words come out of my mouth.
I wasn't going to let Lucas get in any way of trouble and since I had started it all I thought I could finish it.
I tiptoed to the living room and seeing the police officer standing outside.
I went over and whispered something to him and he nodded his head.
" open the door for her!" He told the guard who looked at me and then back at the officer.
" I will be okey, i smiled at him. Just don't tell Lucas anything until I return I told him and walked outside the gate.
Thank God for the money I had got from the house I got myself a cab.
Earlier before Lucas escaped, the police officer and I planned on me luring Mike so that they would catch him. But after Lucas told us the story of Chris and Mike, we had left it to them to catch them. Now that Mike was on the run. The plan had to continue.
I touched my bra and felt the recording the police gave me earlier and it was intact.
I couldn't risk carrying any phones as Mike would suspect me so I just trusted on God to help me succeed.
The taxi dropped me at Gonde lodge and straight away I walked to the room we meet with Mike before. Like i had guesssed. He wasn't there. I sat down in the bed nervously as I waited. The watch on the wall was showing 15 minutes past 20 hours.
" oh God let this be over soon" I prayed silently as I continued looking at the door.
After an hour or so I head the door click and Mike stood tall by the door his accusing eyes on me. " I told you am alone Mike. " I swallowed hard scared of his look.
" if you have decided to ran away with me, why then do you look so scared of me?" He asked still standing by the door.
" am not scared Mike because I know you love me" I whispered and stood walking towards him.
He grabbed my neck and pushed me to the wall." You want to trap me you ungrateful woman!" He shouted chocking me.
" you are hurting me Mike" I gasped as his hands squized me.
" I told you all this is unecessarry I just realised that I have been wasting my time on all this and I made up my mind I want to be with you" i cried.
" you are lying!" He spat " you and that rich idiot came with the cops on me and you stand here lying to me?"
" am not lying Mike please let go. I wanted to to tell you earlier but you made things difficult when you kidnapped Lucas and the police came. I realised when you came to my house that I still love you and am done fighting it. I love you babe" I sighed holding his face.
I saw him soften slowly and he breathed heavily.
He looked into my eyes and i surely felt the urge to spit into them but managed to control it.
" I missed you so much babe. I told you we belong together." He smiled kissing me.
" please God let the police come soon before I lose it here!" I prayed inside my heart as he kissed me all over my face and neck.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Read the remaining episodes - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2018
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by queenitee(f): 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2018
O ga ooooo.

OP tanks for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 22

Lucas......
I stood up after sitting on my bed for a long time. I couldn't get myself to sleep. I turned off the TV and walked out to the kitchen. I wanted to get myself some drinking water. Opening the refrigerator, I grabbed a bottle of water and walked towards the pool as I drunk.
I looked around to see the police officer but he was not around.
" Mwale!" I called the security guard. " yes boss!" He responded trotting towards me.
" Where is the policeman? Isn't he supposed to be out here?" I asked him
I saw him look down. " Mwale! What is your problem? Didn't you get my question?" I asked now guessing something wasn't right.
" Am sorry boss but the madam asked us not tell you anything until she returned. She went out and the officer also went out after she left. He told us he's going to get another officer from the station. It's like they made some arrangements with the madam " Mwale explained
" Oh no! So you are telling me Stella is not in the house?" I scoffed handing him the bottle of water and rushed back inside the house to get the car keys.
" Where on earth have you sent Stella?" I shouted in the phone as I drove out.
" She suggested you are not told so that you are not put in harm's way" the police officer responded.
" Are you serious right now?" I shook my head angrily as I increased the speed heading to the police station.
" Am a man and can defend myself. How dare you allow her to go to that man you know so well how crazy he is. I swear to God if this plan of yours does not work and anything happens to her, I will report you to your superiors " I scolded.
" How far are you from the meeting place?" I asked him before hanging up.
He told me they were almost getting to Gonde lodge as the plan was not to be seen near there.
I accelerated the car engine my mind and heart racing. I couldn't believe the police acted so irresponsible as to send a woman to that criminal. I knew Stella was thinking about protecting me but I knew it in me I was the one to protect her.
All the way I hoped and whispered for her to be okey. I couldn't imagine the worst had happened to her.
By the time I got to the place, two officer dressed in casual clothes were just getting out of their vehicle and heading to the reception.
I didn't want to waste time with procedure so I ran to the rooms without even thinking through the fact that I had no idea which room they where in.
I passed two doors and then on the third one l heard someone screaming. " Please stop this now you are going to kill me!" Came Stella' s voice and I instantly turned and kicked the door open.
She was laying on the floor and Mike without his clothes on was trying to push himself in her.
He had her dress tone apart and her face was swollen obviously he had been beating her.
" What the hell! " I shouted and went to grab him, pulling him off her as the police officers ran in.
I felt my hot temper raising and started hitting Mike in his face continuously as the cop tried to pull me back." You will pay for this you jerk!" I landed some punches on him as he fall to the wall.
" We will take care of him now " one of the cops pupled me trying to make me stop beating him but I was so pissed I couldn't be contained.
I punched him harder as he went staggering to the bed. " You are too much you idiot and now face me like a man!" I shouted angrily..
The officers pulled me back as Mike' s nose bleed .
" Calm down now sir and let us do our job" they held me down.
I turned breathing heavily realising I had not checked Stella. She lay on the floor shaking and crying her dress torn apart.
" You should not have come here alone Stella!" I whispered pulling her up into an embrace.
" I couldn't let him destroy your life. I wanted to put an end to all this but when he figured I was wired, he started beating me and wanted to rape me again" she cried still holding me.
Some people and workers of the lodge came to watch from the passage as the cops pushed the now hand cuffed Mike to the door.
" Your time is up you Lunatic! " they shoved him forward his face bleeding I felt good I had to be the one to help finish him off.
I held Stella close and led her to the car as the spectators looked on. She was crying and her body shaking.
" You are safe now and you did well? You are so brave" the officer told her as I lay her in the car.
She nodded her head her face teary before I closed the door and stood to talk with the police officer. " Make sure he gets what he derseves !" I told him
" Sure he will. Thankfully it was all recorded we have enough evidence to hand him to the courts for his judgement. Am sure both him and her ex husband will get the purnishment derseving for what they have done to this poor woman " he responded.
" I will see to it that that happens " I answered and walked round to the driver's seat.
Back at home I held Stella to the house and helped her into a bath tab filled with warm water. She was still crying.
" You had a very bad day Swity but believe me it's all over now" I whispered pouring some water on her back as she sank in the tab.
" Thank you for saving my life more than once Lucas. I don't know what I could have done if you were not here " she whispered sadly.
" Maybe God prepared that we meet during such circumstances so that we both can pull through this together" l smiled
" I dont know if I will ever be the same after all this Lucas. I honestly don't think I can trust myself to love anyone else. Maybe it's best we part ways here I feel so broken I feel I will end up hurting you" she looked at me seriously.
" Right now is not the time to talk about such. You are upset and I understand your pain. But it will pass and I believe you will learn to live through all this and have a normal life again" I tried to comfort her.
She kept on shaking her head tears in her eyes. I told myself I wasn't going to let her go through it alone. I was already involved and the time to even think of leaving her had passed.
" Come on, finish cleaning up and I will ask the maid to bring you a cup of coffee to calm you down" I told her leaving the bathroom.
I went out my bedroom and asked the maid to bring some coffee.
After some minutes of pacing around the study I walked back to the bedroom and found her standing in front of the mirrow a white towel wrapped around her body.
" You are still as beautiful as I could remember" I whispered holding her from the back facing our images on the mirrow.
" I feel something else, it's like am seeing another person in that mirrow and my heart is hurting" she whispered sadly.
" Look," I turned her to me. " Don't let what those two idiots did define you, you are a very beautiful and good woman. You have just been unfortunate meeting those two in your life and I promise you from now on your life will change. Trust me there's is more to live for than crying over what those made you go through" I assured her as she looked her tired eyes into mine.
She smiled weakly and placed her head on my shoulder. " Thank you!" She sighed and I held on to her. The soft breath from her chest meeting with my own heart beat and making me feel at home.
" Come on, you have to drink some coffee" I held to the side table and handed her a cup the maid had brought.
She sighed and sat on the bed sipping on the coffee. " Too much sugar " she looked at me.
I giggled shaking my head. " my bad, I should have asked you before I made it"
" I can make another one instead " I offered standing to grab the cup from her.
" Nope, this will do for today" she smiled
" Are you sure ? " I asked concerned. " lt's okey really and thank again" she shrugged.
" Stop thanking me already , we are in this together I already told you" l sighed leaning my hand on her soft skin on the thigh left below the towel.
She drunk in silence and when she finished I helped place the cup down and pulled her up to the bed.
We lay close to each other and I held her waist as our eyes met. " Am glad I met you even if I lied to you" she whispered.
" I am too. Who could have known right?" I let a laugh playing with her scattered hair.
" I hope Mike and Chris get their punishment and are not released soon. I can't stand them" she shook her head.
" Who would? " I laughed
" don't worry though, If have to follow it up to make sure they get their derseving punishment then I surely will" I nodded my head still looking at her.
She was quite for some time and she opened her mouth to say something then suddenly closed it back.
"Say it out" I encouraged her rubbing her shoulder.
" Mike was telling me am a cursed person and that I destroy men' s lives. No wonder I will always be unhappy" she cried
" What if he's right?" She asked looking at me as her eyes shed tears. " what if am indeed a curse? Just look at both of them how did all this happen?" She asked sitting up.
" Please you don't have to believe his words. There is nothing wrong with you. They are the ones with a problem and you just happened to be part of their God forsaken lives" I assured her but she kept on shaking her head.
" Am scared Lucas, I might end up ruining your life too and then I won't be able to live with myself if that happened. I think it's best I go back to my parents and never come back here" she went on crying bittery.
" Stella you are a child of God and God forbid that . you think of your self in those lines. You have to calm down now and be optimistic. We both have had our lessons out of all this and am sure soon enough we will understand why this happened " I explained holding her hands.
She looked at me and sighed before laying back on the pillow.
In silence I held her and watched her as she fall asleep.
The following week, Mike and Chris were taken to court and Mike was given 6 years for his acts and Chris was given 3 years for acting jointly with him.
Stella seemed at easy and she was slowly beginning to live normally. I had stayed by her side and didn't allow her to go back to her parents who were now aware of her situation.
They asked her to go back home but I pleaded for them to let her stay with me. " l just hope you know what you are doing, our dota has has been through too much and we don't want to hear her having some other issues going on there. Even if we are poor we have enough to offer her and we are ready to take care of her" her father had told me the time I went with her to explain things.
I had promised to help her through so I brought her back home with me.
A month later, we sat by the pool area, talking and laughing. She wore a see through blouse that showed off her skin and some leggings.
I couldn't stop admiring her as I sat opposite her. I had realised she was a very funny person to be with and had displayed very good senses in her line of thoughts.
I was busy talking , I don't remember what about , when she suddenly stood up running to the grass and started vomiting.
" Are you okey? " I walked to her and held her shoulder as she breathed heavily.
" I have been feeling nauseous for some days now and this is the 4th time this is happening" she whispered.
After she cleaned up she sat down her hands holding her head. " What is it ?" I asked sitting next to her.
" Lucas if this is what I think then I don't know , my life is over" she sighed
" What is it? Don't scare m?" I asked panicking.
" I could be pregnant " she told me seriously.
" But... How?" I stammered
" Yeah you and me have not been together since the last time Mike raped me, if its true then am carrying that lunatic's child" she cried.
I stood up shocked . " Oh my God!" I sighed not knowing what to say.
It was worse enough I had to put up with the madness of Mike now I had to sacrifice to raise his child.
" I can't be with you Lucas, this is a sign. ...then"
" Stop!" I shouted " we dont know for sure. The best is you get tasted first and..."
" What happens if it's true?" She cut me short and I stared at her speechless.
I had honestly not thought of that before and it was hard to process everything in that moment.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lobatan.

OP tanks for the update
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 23

Stella. ...
I kept my eyes on the ceiling as I lay back in the bed. I could feel Lucas' eyes on me as he stood close to the closet. We just came back from the hospital and the Doctor just confirmed I was 5 weeks pregnant.
I was supposed to be glad that I was not barren after all. I knew some people had even formulated stories that I was barren no wonder my husband divorced me.
I even heard how Mwenya had stayed on at Chris' house claiming everything now belonged to her and her child as she had the rights because of the baby. Even though the family members from Chris were accusing her of planting the child on their son.
One of the aunties I once met during the trial told me Chris could not father a child. He had a problem with his genitals when he was a child but they never told him before, hoping he would get better.
Now that I knew I was not barren after all, how was I to celebrate and at the same time cry with the fact that the child in my womb was a product of a rape from a man I now dispised.
Imagining how happy Mike could be if he knew it made me feel even worse. For sure he would do all he could to purnish me by getting the child or worse still using it to get to me again.
I still felt him having 6 years wasn't enough as he would be out and I had no idea how I was going to deal with him if at all he tried to come back.
Tears fell freely from my eyes making the pillow case wet.
" let's get married" i heard Lucas speak up looking at me.
" What ? Are you being serious right now," I asked sitting up and looking at him.
" yes why not? Let's get married and no one will ever know the child is Mike's " he shrugged coming towards me.
" that's a very serious joke and honestly am not in the mood" I spat standing up and walking away from him.
" why? Don't you want to be with me," he asked disappointed
" Lucas please. Hear yourself out. I got divorced barely 3months past and been going through issues, now am pregnant for another man. You think this is the right time to ask me for marriage ?" I questioned him looking away.
" yes!" He answered blantly.
I looked at him not believing him. He was serious and I couldn't help wonder what was going on in his mind.
" I can't, sorry " I too responded without hesitation.
" yes you can. If you care for me even a little bit you are going to marry me because I love you. I want us both to stand together and raise that child. Letting you live with it alone will not make things easy for both of us. It's better we never tell anyone about the father of this child and I will take him or her as my own " he explained calmly and seriously.
" am not going to subject you to any of that. Am sorry Lucas, I have already made you sacrifice a lot for me. The money, the torture, right now I am staying in your house I can't even give myself to you because of what I have been through. No, I won't do this to you any more. This is over and am gong back to my parents. I will find a way of raising the baby because i cant abort an innocent child either" I clearly explained making my points and he kept on looking at me as though I was crazy.
Without stopping I went on pulling out the few clothes that I had and packed them in the bag. Lucas sat back looking at me without saying anything.
I needed to get out of there as the look on his face was making me want to cry. I grabbed my hand bag and put in the small items and later on pulled on some sandals on my feet standing up.
" am sorry we have to end this way. Trust me I had really hoped this worked out and I hoped for a new start with you but all this child thing has just changed everything. I can't be with you Lucas. You are a good man and am sure one day you will find a woman that derseves all this your goodness." I held his hand.
" don't go please" he begged holding my hand but I slid it back and pulled my bag as I walked to the door.
" am so sorry this has to happen. " I told him and held the handle to open the door.
" wait!" He shouted and ran to me crossing over the wide room and closing the gap between us.
" What?" I asked looking at him standing next to me.
He said nothing, instead he removed the bag that was in between us and pulled me towards him. I was almost speaking but he closed my mouth with his, kissing me deeply.
I tried to resist him but i couldnt. I felt myself drawn to him and he held me so close.
He went on kissing and pushing me backwards until my back touched the table with a base of flowers in the corner.
He pulled me up making me sit on it as he roughed pulled out my body top without stopping the contact with my mouth.
I kissed him back and as he grabbed my back and pulled me closer to him standing between my legs I felt his man standing upright.
" Lucas!" I sighed breathlessly as he kissed my neck and every part of my face making small tickles that sent pleasure in my body.
He didn't bother to answer me. His eyes full of passion and desire it seemed he was going crazy.
I gasped as I felt his hand push aside my underwear and he pushed himself through me gently making my body shake with pleasure.
He breathed heavily as he went on kissing me and connecting himself with me with thrusts so warm and gentle I wondered what was wrong with me for wanting to leave all that behind.
As the rhythm of the passion and pleasure increased making as both pant and breath like we were just from running several kilometres on a hot summer day, I made a loud scream of pleasure and vibrated right in his arms. He followed suit and we were motionless for minutes with him leaning on me still inside as I placed my back on the flower base closing my eyes and striking his back on top of his shirt.
" tell me you will never threaten to leave me again." He spoke up not getting himself away.
" But Lucas, I.. ...."
" promise you will stay please. I love you, is it not enough?" He asked rubbing his head on my chest as I slowly and steadily wagged my leg as the warmth of his body kept on soothing my inside.
" with you this close to me, I can't think properly " I giggled honestly kissing his frontal lobe.
" if it means me not getting out of you to make you say it then am ready to stay in here" he whispered pushing himself in and out again making me close back my eyes feeling turned on again.
I lifted his head and looked at his face.
The well trimmed moustache round his face curving into a genuine smile.
" I don't want to make some mistake that will make us both miserable in the future" I told him honestly.
" you won't, i know what I feel and I am the one asking you. You are not forcing me to do anything here. " he shrugged putting his hands on my two items on my chest slowly and gently twisting the pointed top skin as he spoke.
" but not marriage for now" I shook my head trying to concentrate on the conversation.
" as long as you are with me I don't care about signing papers and taking some vows." He smiled widely.
" so it's a deal, we tell everyone this baby here" he put one hand on my stomac, " is mine and the two of us will raise him or her together ." He added
I nodded my head smiling. I looked up the ceiling taking in the light shining from the chandeliers wondering if it was the moment God was shining his blessings upon me and bestowing the joy and happiness in my heart.
I felt him getting hard again and I looked down at his head which was moving about as his mouth grabbed my nipples.
Hours later we drove out , he told me we had been closed in for a long time and needed some fresh air.
I knew he loved seeing me in long shaping dresses so I put on a Gray one with gladiator sandals on my feet matching the black small bag I carried in my hand.
He without hesitation held my waist as we moved along the corridors of levy park mall.
I could see his pride as he walked head high I wondered how he could be so proud of a woman like me.
" Stella!" I heard someone call out just to see James waving at me to stop as he walked quickly towards us.
" hey!" I greeted surprised to see him.
" long time, I have been looking forward to meeting you again" he smiled widely.
My heart skipped a bit recalling how I had left James after using his 15 thousand and telling him to get back to his wife. bag
" oh yeah" i sighed hoping the guy had not come with his own drama.
"Swity this is an old Friend James " I smiled looking at Lucas who was still holding me.
" nice to meet you" he extended his hand to James who smiled and shook it back.
" the pleasure is mine" he smiled.
" your husband? " he asked looking at me.
" yes actually," i nodded my head carefully as I looked at Lucas for approval.
" wonderful! Am happy for you dear. I just wanted to appreciate you for what you did for me last year. My home is now in order I guess I needed a push to realise what I was doing " James chuckled making me sigh in relief.
Here I was worrying some more drama was coming. ." Oh that's wonderful!" I exclaimed,
" am glad you are okey and I wish you all the best" i smiled at him.
" yeah sure you are a good person. My wife has just gone inside there they are buying some clothings. I thought of saying hi to you" he shrugged and I smiled at him.
" I appreciate it so much. Please have a good day" i smiled shaking his hand.
" what was that?, Lucas asked as we walked away.
" oh my, let's call it a good past" i winced at him and he shrugged smiling.
" a good past it is" he laughed tickling me.
" stop we are in public " I let a laugh and he pulled me closer.
" exactly the point" he laughed making me step forward away from him as I laughed.
I felt good and honestly at peace as he drove us back home after having our dinner out.
" I hope tommorow will be as good as today" I smiled and spoke in my heart as we drove into the yard.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:41am On Oct 12, 2018
MARRIED SINGLE - Episode 24

8 months later..
I took a walk out the yard my hand on my now large berry. Everyday I saw my Tammy grow bigger and Lucas stayed closer to me than ever.
Sometimes I couldn't help thinking of the possibility of the child being Mike's. Everytime I felt the child kick I swear it didn't feel like it was his.
The gentleness of the child in me really didn't feel like it came from him. Lucas always reminded me that there was a 50 50 chance of the baby being his. But my mind kept on telling me otherwise.
My parents had scolded me for getting pregnant for a man who was not my husband but my mother's voice of joy was evident as she spoke to me..
She called me alone telling me how relieved she was that I was not barren as people had been saying it. " take care of that man and child my daughter. It might be your chance to live a happy life that you have been longing for all the days of your life" she told me with a soft laugh.
I felt a smile on my face as the baby kicked. " feeling tired too?" I whispered rubbing my berry as I turned heading back home.
I was getting to to the gate when I felt the contractions. Standing up straight I pushed myself inside walking slowly and steadily .
An hour later I started feeling the contractions coming on again and this time getting closer to each other.
" oh baby you have to wait for you father" I sighed holding my back with one hand another on in the kitchen cabinet.
The maid walked to me concerned." You should really consider going to the hospital now, it's your first child and it's good you go early " she held my hand.
" I want him to be there" I chuckled rubbing my berry. " he told me he's coming back today and I got to hold on a bit" I told her.
She looked at me and shook her head." You and the boss are really in love I envy you" she smiled.
I walked back to the room looked through the small bag I had placed the baby's clothes and smiled to myself. Lucas and I had been arguing about the sex of the baby and I was for a boy whilst he insisted on me going to have a girl. We didn't bother having a scan to see the sex as we both agreed to see who wins the bet.
" Swity are okey," Lucas asked when I answered his call.
" I got to go to the hospital Lucas I have been trying to hold on but the baby can't wait anymore. " I scoffed walking around the room as I talked.
" oh my God am an hour away from home. I will be there to take you soon okey?" He responded.
" I can't wait for that long. I will have to get to the hospital. " i winced painfully as the contractions came stronger again.
" the company driver is closer so am calling him to drive you to the hospital and will meet you there soon okey. Am almost getting into Lusaka " he shouted back.
An hour later I was admitted in the high cost merternity ward in UTH when Lucas came running.
" am so sorry love, I was caught up in traffic when coming in from coperbelt." He panted holding my hand as i tried to stay calm..
" stop talking! I screamed at him and he smiled gently clearly understanding my pain.
" am here now" he sighed rubbing my head.
" I held on to his hand as the pain got worse and he squized my hand gently. " you are going to be okey Swity" he whispered.
" leave now you cannot be here " I shouted when the baby was almost coming out I could feel it.
He sighed and shook his head. " am not leaving you like this am going to be here" he answered calmly.
" I don't want you to see me open up so that you loose your appetite for me you silly!" I screamed making the mid wife laugh.
He smiled at me and slowly walked out I could see his worried face as he closed the door.
An hour later I succesfully gave birth and the mid wife announced.. " congratulations you have a baby girl " she smiled handing the tiny being to me to hold her.
The first sight of her made my heart leap with joy. " she looks like him!" I smiled tears in my eyes.
The nurse quickly cleaned me up and dressed her before calling in Lucas who came on running almost immediately.
" oh my God she's so beautiful" he whispered touching her tiny hands.
" she's your baby Lucas " i smiled at him and he looked up at my face surprised.
" of course she s mine" he shrugged excitedly.
" I mean it" I repeated seeing he didnt get my point.
" what? " he asked looking at the baby.
" you mean?..."
" yes! I laughed teary. Just look at her. You don't need a DNA test to know that's your face there! " I said happily and I saw him open his mouth amazed.
I slowly handed him the baby and he struggled to hold her. ." Hey baby! Am your father!" He smiled walking around as i smiled at them looking so perfect all the pain I was feeling was gone.
I shed some tears of joy realising I actually gave birth to Lucas' child.
A month later we were both playing with the baby in her cort when the security guard came to tell us someone was outside the gate.
" who could it me?" I asked Lucas who kept his face on the baby
" I have no idea, let them come in" he told the guard without looking away from the baby we had named ' Lucy' after Lucas' mother.
I was puzzled minutes later to see Mike's parents walk into the house both of them looking around as they were led to were we sat.
" what are they doing Here?" I whispered looking at them making Lucas look the same direction too.
" What? You know them?" He asked me.
" yes swity! They are my parent's neighbours, Mike's parents " I sighed standing up puzzled.
" aunty, uncle! " I sighed standing to welcome them. " what a surprise !" I smiled indicating to for them to sit down on the couch.
Lucas too stood up carrying the baby in his hands and greeted them both.
I looked at them and they kept on staring at the baby in his hands.
I cleared my throat as I smiled looking at them
" hope all is well, I had no idea you would show up here all the way from Luanshya " I spoke up not liking the suspense around. Lucas looked as calm as ever and played with Lucy's hands.
" am sure you must be wondering why we are here" Mike's father spoke up.
" yes so much in fact. The last time we had contact with your son things didn't go well " Lucas responded this time but his voice was stern and steady.
They both looked at him and back at me.
" we went to see our son yesterday at the prison and he told us something that drew our attention" Mike's mother spoke this time.
" what did he say?" I asked hating her cutting the story instead of going to the point.
She cleared her throat and sighed before mentioning it.
" he said you were carrying his child and now we can see you even gave birth " she went on looking at me.
I was almost bursting out laughing at their stupidity. I wondered how they could even listen to their lunatic son for such a story.
I stood up and looked at them for a minute before I shouted.
" i have known you my whole life and if not for the respect that I give to you like I do my parents, I swear to God I could have pulled you both out of this house. Is this some kind of a joke?" I asked with a slight laugh.
" no actually it's not. Someone told Mike you were pregnant and counting the months according to him, you were with him before he went to prison. He claims the child is his and we believe him" his father spoke up serious and I lost it.
" get out! " I shouted angrily
" i said out of my house" I raised my voice.
Lucas put the baby back in the cort and came holding me.
" calm down Swity, don't stress over this let me handle it" he rubbed my back.
I breathed heavily as i refused to sit down. I felt the anger of whatever Mike made me go through rushing out my veins the two of them seemed like Mike himself before me.
" now, am sorry, my swity here is just upset this was unexpected " Lucas leaned forward as he faced them both.
" am sure you are here because you believed your son. But one thing is for sure your son is in no condition to say or do the right things lately."
" so you are saying our son is mad ? Do you know how much he has lost and is suffering because of this woman here!" His mother answered sarcastically.
" no, your son is getting what he derseves mam am sorry but a sane man can't do what he did and you know that. Coming to the issue of that child laying there" Lucas paused looking at Lucy now in my arms and back at them.
" go and tell him that the child is not his. She s my baby and he knows I was with Stella way before he raped her. There is no need for all this drama. Everything is straight forward and stop wasting your money and time coming here " he told them seriously and calmly.
They went on arguing that a man knows when he had has gotten a woman pregnant and so their son was sure the child was his. They said whoever told them about the baby didn't lie and the time matched.
I sat down next to Lucas looking at them.
" did Mike tell you that he raped me? " I asked straight up.
" what kind of a man does that to a person and you support that he's not sick in the head" I snapped.
" it doesnt matter how the child was conceived . What matters is a child was born and it's his blood." His mother answered casually I felt like slapping her in the face.
" it's not his child mam that baby doesn't even look anything like him. Go tell him to rest easy and forget about my woman and my baby. This is my family here and am not going to tolerate any more drama." Lucas told them off.
" now if you could please leave my house and never think of returning here." He sighed steadily as he called the guard to show them the way out.
" this is not over! Our own son is suffering and the only crime he committed was falling in love with you" his mother shouted as she followed her husband outside.
I shook my head not believing them as Lucas hugged us together with the baby.
" can you believe that nonsense? " I asked sighing angrily.
" calm down Swity, no one will ever get close to you and our baby I swear I will protect you both with my life. He kissed my forehead.
I knew he meant it and I was so proud of him. He was my dream man and I knew I was blessed to have him on my side.

Story continues...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved

1 Like

Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2018
No More posting, you can read the final episode of this story here - www.youngicee.com/category/married-single
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 11:26am On Oct 18, 2018
Nice wan,, jah bless ya hustle
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by mercyland93(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2018
The story got my interest. Good job man.
Re: Married Single - A Romance Story by DahOne: 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
Wow lovely story.... D ending is so so satisfyin... So good Lucas didnt let her go wen she wanted tu because she tot she ws pregnant for mike... He wuld hv ended up losin her n his baby... Matured man dat Lucas.... Oyinprince i love ya work kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nneka Arimah Wins 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize / "Will You Marry Me?" - A Christian Short Story... By Oyekunle Lizzy / Inferno By Dan Brown-his Worst Book Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 487
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.