Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid (1523 Views)

Will you vote for Donald Trump for 5000$,black Americans react (snapshots) / See What Americans Are Saying On Muslim Ban In The US - Cramjones / Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by dayokanu(m): 2:45am On Jul 01, 2010
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by Blazay(m): 2:55am On Jul 01, 2010
Americans may be ignorant, but they are not silly/stupid.
See how well fed they are?
If you are eating 3 square meals a day and sommore,
If you are living in the best country in the world,

Why do you have to think? grin

Compare and contrast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8llgvgHxHE
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by Blazay(m): 3:16am On Jul 01, 2010
Now these are the real silly Americans.
If you can be scammed by any set of illiterate Nigerians of all peoples in this world, then you are really silly.
Not just silly. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0e-pPfITts&feature=related
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by james1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2010
James enters**yawns** is there a country without a silly person?I,for one don't think americans are silly;they have freedom from fear.that is enough for them to be at liberty with many things,aight?
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 03, 2010
Adedayo. . . . here you go

[flash=400,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0RH0cYs4lw&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by cap28: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
the ordinary working class american people are not very aware of what goes on outside their country because they have been brainwashed by their govts, their media is also very powerful and it encourages them not to think, but the elite who run the country are very intelligent, but they are a small minority - these people constitute about 1% of the population but own about 80% of the wealth of america, they control everything - the banking system, the politicians, the economy , the media - everything.

in addition you have the intellectuals - academics, scientists, writers, political activists etc - they are well educated people and they understand the world we live in and what is going on but some choose to pretend and keep their mouths shut for fear of reprisals from the powers that be and others damn the consequences and speak out - but the latter group are in the minority.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by shotster50(m): 12:02am On Jul 04, 2010
Only americans would celebrate the day when Will Smith beat the aliens! silly silly americans grin
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2010
shotster50:

Only americans would celebrate the day when Will Smith beat the aliens! silly silly americans grin
grin
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by vedaxcool(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
What a silly topic
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by RSA(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2010
Because Jews run their country and they don't even know it.And they think Africa is one country,what do you call a person who meet you in New York and after explaining that you from South Africa he say 'I have a friend called Peter from Africa do you know him?' duh!!
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by naijadiva2(f): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2010
RSA:

Because Jews run their country and they don't even know it.And they think Africa is one country,what do you call a person who meet you in New York and after explaining that you from South Africa he say 'I have a friend called Peter from Africa do you know him?' duh!!

haha lol, thats quite common. i went to this american gathering some time ago and this my mom and this lady where talking and the lady (who's originally from california) goes "I have a friend name (insert name) she's also nigerian, let me call here (in california)" then she gives my mom the phone so that she can converse with her and "exchange #s". my mom is not going to call some random lady in another state bcuz she's nigerian lol. i just thought that was funny and unusual, who does that?

but i just think that some americans, even if they are not able to travel out, atleast do some research and humbly ask questions, dont just blurt out any nonsense.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by dayokanu(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2010
^^ That woman who said Nigerian even narrowed it down, How about Someone knowing you are Nigerians ask if you know John from Zambia as if it was just next door.

But that isnt too wrong, If you are in your village in Nigeria and you meet a man in Onitsha from Estonia, I bet you would mention that you also know someone who stays in Owerri that is also from Estonia
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by naijadiva2(f): 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ That woman who said Nigerian even narrowed it down, How about Someone knowing you are Nigerians ask if you know John from Zambia as if it was just next door.

But that isnt too wrong, If you are in your village in Nigeria and you meet a man in Onitsha from Estonia, I bet you would mention that you also know someone who stays in Owerri that is also from Estonia

yea u are right, and i think its funny, lol

and as for the latter part of your post, me, yea i would do that, like if i meet someone from a certain place, i might say "oh i know a friend from there" then thats it. end convo. sometimes they might ask "oh what part is your friend from and whats his/her name" then we go deeper into discuss but i would never assume that they know each other bcuz they come from the same place or have the same ethicity.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by bee444: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2010
Americans, both white & black are crack-heads. Even the intellectuals amongst them tend to be ignorant of the happenings around them, except ofcourse America!

The AA either play B-ball or rap and sell dope while the ignorant whites amongst them live on welfare, stab and mug people on the street and bleep their sisters at the back of a moving van.

I think Obama is intelligent, but silly. He thinks the world evolves round him alone. You can never eat your cake and have it at the same time. This is to you Osama, sorry Obama, if you want to be a Muslim, let us know, stop confessing Islam indirectly. America lived on the ideas and values that a true American must not compromise regardless of the differences and divides that rule the nation.

And to the AA's, Obama is not your saviour and neither is he any better than those that have come before him. A politician will ever remain one till the end of consummation. Wake up America( AA's) and go back to school! The whites already have surplus and inheritance for their children through manipulation of funds and through hundreds of years of acquisition of properties from the slaves they once control.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by cap28: 10:28am On Jul 09, 2010
bee444:

I think Obama is intelligent, but silly. He thinks the world evolves round him alone. You can never eat your cake and have it at the same time. This is to you Osama, sorry Obama, if you want to be a Muslim, let us know, stop confessing Islam indirectly. America lived on the ideas and values that a true American must not compromise regardless of the differences and divides that rule the nation.

I agree with some of this ie the fact that Obama being the representative of the most powerful nation on earth beleives that the world should revolve around him, please note that I used the word "representative, Obama as president has no real power he is merely a pawn in  a game which is being controlled by much more powerful elements behind the scenes. 

If you research the "military industrial complex in america" this should throw some light on who the real power brokers in america are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military%E2%80%93industrial_complex

Obama is definitely not a muslim and i dont know where you got that idea from - his biological father i think was a muslim although not a devout one, and his mother's second husband was also a non devout muslim, Obama attended Reverend Wright's christian baptist church for 20 years and his two children were baptised there so this is hardly the behaviour of a practicing moslem.

And to the AA's, Obama is not your saviour and neither is he any better than those that have come before him. A politician will ever remain one till the end of consummation. Wake up America( AA's) and go back to school! The whites already have surplus and inheritance for their children through manipulation of funds and through hundreds of years of acquisition of properties from the slaves they once control.

This is very true - Obama is most definitely not the saviour of african americans and any african thinking that he is the saviour is also living in a fool's paradise.  Obama represents the most ruthless and powerful elements of the wall street banking cartel - they financed his election campaign, they are the ones who lobbied for the removal of banking restrictions and they are the ones who received billions of dollars in tax payers money even after creating one of the most scandalous banking melt downs in history.  Even after all of this not one person amongst them was ever reprimanded, instead even more tax payers money was given to them to "bail them out" of the mess they created.

Telling african americans to go back to school avoids the main problems that blacks in america face, many whites do not go to school but they are assisted by a system of govt which gives preference to whites and deliberately disadvantages blacks.
the united states is a country founded by white men for the benefit of white people in general NOT for the benefit of africans, african americans, chinese, japanese or indians, therefore any rights or benefits enjoyed by non whites in america have had to be fought for, they were not given as of right because the above mentioned groups were not regarded as american citizens. 
Always remember that a country which is run and controlled by whites has an inbuilt structure within it which caters to the needs of  its own people ABOVE and BEYOND the needs of non whites. 

Education is important but not necessarily for material advancement, education should be seen as a means of enlightenment, the kind of enlightenment which will enable  you to understand the world you live in and enable you to make choices which will benefit you, your children and future generations.

You are right in saying that many white americans are ahead of african americans in terms of material acquisitions due to the unfair advantage created by slavery, jim crow segregation and now institutionalised racism, Im not sure there is much african americans can do to change a system which is so heavily weighted against them.  The only viable option would be the creation of a black state which would enable african americans to run and control their own affairs much like the state of Israel.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by bawomolo(m): 5:29am On Jul 10, 2010
how many sides does a TRIangle have.  that fool couldn't answer that simple question?

these are the youth with the power to vote o.  i bet its worse in naija considering our illiteracy rate.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by shotster50(m): 2:41am On Jul 12, 2010
Just made the mistake of trying to explain the complexities of a world cup to an American.

So for any americans out there, the 'world' is those tiny islands that revolve around your huge egos.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by chika98: 2:47am On Jul 12, 2010
shotster50:

Just made the mistake of trying to explain the complexities of a world cup to an American.

So for any americans out there, the 'world' is those tiny islands that revolve around your huge egos.

Someone said to me after we lost to Ghana. " Maybe Mexico will win the world cup to represent North America"
I gave him an evil look like dude GTFOH grin
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by bkbabe90(m): 4:41am On Jul 17, 2010
Damn, the haters of the great United States of America came out in droves, huh?
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by MandingoII(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2010
the ordinary working class american people are not very aware of what goes on outside their country because they have been brainwashed by their govts, their media is also very powerful and it encourages them not to think, but the elite who run the country are very intelligent, but they are a small minority - these people constitute about 1% of the population but own about 80% of the wealth of america, they control everything - the banking system, the politicians, the economy , the media - everything.

in addition you have the intellectuals - academics, scientists, writers, political activists etc - they are well educated people and they understand the world we live in and what is going on but some choose to pretend and keep their mouths shut for fear of reprisals from the powers that be and others damn the consequences and speak out - but the latter group are in the minority.

Cap U da Man!!!!!

We Americans are socialized to BUY things, THINGS MAKE U HAPPY. the more things you have the happier you are. We are also socialized to disdain from being confrontational, the very thing this country was built upon. No wonder why everybody around here are DEPRESSED, things do not make u happy
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by bgees(m): 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2010
ignorance is the word. AA's are even more ignorant.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by coldhearts(f): 11:56pm On Aug 08, 2010
bgees:

ignorance is the word. AA's are even more ignorant.

In the past i would have agreed with that statement but i have to say that is not true at all. The sad truth is that the ignorance exist in both equally, travel around america or just do a drive through some towns and stay there for a while; you'd be shocked to know that some of the attributes associated with AA is present and even more vivid within white communities. I know i was shocked at first.

That ignorance is widespread and knows no color. Just like drugs or better yet poverty, the new poverty that plagues the USA knows no color, it just depends on where you live in the states.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as per media, the less tv and news, the better off i think one will be lol, the entertainment is getting more ridiculous and insane
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by MandingoII(m): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2010
Let me in now! Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Let me in now!!

HAWLLLLL NAWLLLLLL.

STAY WHERE YOU AT.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by tpiah: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2010
what do you call a person who meet you in New York and after explaining that you from South Africa he say 'I have a friend called Peter from Africa do you know him?' duh!!

sore point, i know.
Re: Why Do People Think Americans Are Stupid by Ladyjide(f): 3:55am On Aug 12, 2010
Ignorance is bliss in the USA!

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi 'seen In Zimbabwe On Mugabe's Private Jet' , Escapes Libya / Police Officer That Choked Eric Gardner To Death Cleared By Grand Jury. / Donald Trump Calls CNN Reporter The 'dumbest Man On Television'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.