Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism (7045 Views)

Nigeria's 'Brown Envelope' Journalism / Kiki Mordi Nominated For Future Awards For Journalism / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by murtadot: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
I am Sanyaolu Muritala by name, A graduate of Plant Breeding and seed Technology, I so much find fun in talking and gisting on reasonable topics with people of like minds, meanwhile I don't have a job presently, I so decide I want to choose a carrier in journalism. Can anyone help please.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
murtadot:
I am Sanyaolu Muritala by name, A graduate of Plant Breeding and seed Technology, I so much find fun in talking and gisting on reasonable topics with people of like minds, meanwhile I don't have a job presently, I so decide I want to choose a carrier in journalism. Can anyone help please.

You want to choose a "carrier" in Journalism. I strongly advise you to consider other options.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Ademat7(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
PatrickOkunima:

You want to choose a "carrier" in Journalism. I strongly advise you to consider other options.
Upper cut,case closed.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Ademat7(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
murtadot:
Funaab product
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by MrHighSea: 6:58am On Sep 10, 2018
Risky
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by olajebu(m): 6:58am On Sep 10, 2018
Journalism is not really lucrative in Naija , except you have plans travelling out to practice .

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 10, 2018
Carrier ??

1 Like

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by SpatialKing(m): 7:00am On Sep 10, 2018
Just attend Federal Radio Cooperation Training School..

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Gibsonworld05(m): 7:00am On Sep 10, 2018
I+guess+you+just+gave+to+attend+school+of+journalism%2c+one+is+at+Ogba%2c+Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by naughtyendowed(m): 7:04am On Sep 10, 2018
Enroll at Nigerian Institute of Journalism n Goodluck since its what u enjoy doing as a person.

I am a researcher conducting a survey on international money transfer among Africans. I was wondering if you guys will be kind to fill out my survey. Will really help us understand how to serve Africa better. Thank you.

https://uchicago.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9FG6nyW23djetP7
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Moneyfem: 7:05am On Sep 10, 2018
You can only talk and gist but you're not trained as a journalist. Go to school of journalism first or join media department of your mosque or church to gather some practical experience before applying to professional organizations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by noble234: 7:11am On Sep 10, 2018
Alright. Look up to God for Divine direction.

visit - www.creativestudioone.com
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Christmasdon(m): 7:11am On Sep 10, 2018
SpatialKing:
Just attend Federal Radio Cooperation Training School..
. Thank you very much for this,I've been looking up for this medium. how do i apply for frcn training?.put me through.
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Doerstech(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2018
hmmmm
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by DAntivirus: 7:18am On Sep 10, 2018
I'm definite you graduated from Funaab.

Also guessing you've spent couple of months at home after NYSC and sent several applications with no positive feedback.

Rather than getting frustrated, you're having a rethink.

OP, sorry to say... but some course are better not studied in Nigeria cos we have a messed up environment. If I who studied Mathematics for four years counted it as a waste after graduation then trust me your five years was even worse...

Just keep searching within, you will find your true skill set and an opportunity that will redeem the years wasted. Most of all. trust in God.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by drey69(m): 7:20am On Sep 10, 2018
YOU WANT TO BE LIKE DADDY FREEZER!! WELL DONE

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Timekeeper: 7:21am On Sep 10, 2018
PatrickOkunima:

Savage
Dem suppose curse you but it's too early
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by ybalogs(m): 7:23am On Sep 10, 2018
Good morning Nairalanders.

Its a great day

Today is the Start of the school session in many schools. Therefore it's time to pay fees, do business and improve lives.

Its also a time to pray. Please spare a prayer for our school system

1. Pray that our schools are protected. No breach this year
2. Pray that learning will be impactful and effective. That education achievement will be significant and obvious

3. Pray for all stakeholders... Teachers, headteachers, care givers, support staff, school owners. That they will be focussed

4. Pray for parents. For finances to pay fees. For wisdom to devote time to support their children's education

5. Pray for government. Particularly for all the government officials in education who don't seem to know what to do.

6. Pray for Leah Sharibu, the chibok girls. Let's pray that never again will such happen

7. Pray that we shall all be alive with our children to celebrate the end of this session in joy, health and bliss.

Its a season for your child to blossom in school. Fear not, your child is a genius

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by hotplate: 7:23am On Sep 10, 2018
I like journalism too but I don't have the resources to go for a professional training, I do hope some day my dream come to fulfilment

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by otswag(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2018
U want to choose a career in poverty ehn?
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2018
... you can find an enquire in school of journalism in ogba in lagos.. to find more information about it.
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Deeldorado: 7:42am On Sep 10, 2018
Not in Nigeria. Don't make that mistake. Go and learn programming.
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:45am On Sep 10, 2018
murtadot:
...career...

You need to work on your use of punctuation marks.
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by merrymaker2: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2018
Ypu said you like "talking" on air right? Yoy need to understand Broadcasting is wide...Journalism, Production, Presentation etc. I av bn to FRCN traini sch in Sogunle and in d professn for ova 12yrs...if you need further inquiry, feel free to gv a call 09099021366. I wish u success.
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Originalsly: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2018
murtadot:

From the few lines you wrote....choose another career.....why not ehmmm...Plant Breeding?...you don't have basic writing skills to even enroll in a school of journalism.
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Redman44(m): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2018
I attended the Nigerian Institute of Journalism ( NIJ ) and I have a Diploma in Journalism from the Institution. Honestly, Print Journalism is on the decline all over the World. You can still study Broadcasting as a Course, if you intend to work in a Television or Radio Station as a Newscaster, Continuity Announcer or Production Assistant. Due to the advent of the Internet, sales of Newspapers and Magazines have fallen drastically all over the World, especially in Asia and Africa. However, if you can design a good news website that provides specific information to a sector of the society, you will make good money. Something like Agriculture News, Education News or devoting your website to reporting about Basketball in Nigeria. You have to write about a Niche, not general news. You can start a Website that will provide feature stories about the Catering Industry in Nigeria, which is blossoming at the moment. People are venturing into making snacks, cakes etc. You can publish a Magazine online that will provide information specifically for the Catering Industry in Nigeria and ask people to subscribe to the Magazine online and also print like 1000 copies of the Magazine monthly.

You can attend NIJ, My brother. It is a very good journalism school. I have not regretted attending the Institution which is now a accredited Journalism School. Cheers.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Christmasdon(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2018
what's the difference between Frcn and NIJ?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by tim5050606070: 9:07am On Sep 10, 2018
its a nice career sir, but its one that if you really wanna practice the on-field journalism, might involve your life, espaecially to get the best and eye catching scenes and events!!
Re: I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism by Uchenaija: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2018
Redman44:
I attended the Nigerian Institute of Journalism ( NIJ ) and I have a Diploma in Journalism from the Institution. Honestly, Print Journalism is on the decline all over the World. You can still study Broadcasting as a Course, if you intend to work in a Television or Radio Station as a Newscaster, Continuity Announcer or Production Assistant. Due to the advent of the Internet, sales of Newspapers and Magazines have fallen drastically all over the World, especially in Asia and Africa. However, if you can design a good news website that provides specific information to a sector of the society, you will make good money. Something like Agriculture News, Education News or devoting your website to reporting about Basketball in Nigeria. You have to write about a Niche, not general news. You can start a Website that will provide feature stories about the Catering Industry in Nigeria, which is blossoming at the moment. People are venturing into making snacks, cakes etc. You can publish a Magazine online that will provide information specifically for the Catering Industry in Nigeria and ask people to subscribe to the Magazine online and also print like 1000 copies of the Magazine monthly.

You can attend NIJ, My brother. It is a very good journalism school. I have not regretted attending the Institution which is now a accredited Journalism School. Cheers.

Please, can you provide a little more details on the NIJ?

How much is the programme?

How long is it?

Do you they have a number of courses?

What's the difference between it and Federal Radio Cooperation Training School & also reading English or mass comm in a university?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Keep Your Job Search Discreet / Bcs Pgd, Equivalent Of Bsc. / I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.