Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,724 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' (17454 Views)

DG Of Tonye Cole Campaign In Ahoada West Murdered / Rivers APC Adopts Tonye Cole As 2023 Consensus Guber Candidate / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
The senator representing Rivers East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Andrew Uchendu, has described the emergence of the Rivers-born billionaire entrepreneur, co-founder and former executive director of Sahara Group, Tonye Cole, as a governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Rivers State chapter, as "a breath of fresh air".

Uchendu, Acting Chairman, Senate Committee on Public Procurement, stated this during an interview with journalists in Port Harcourt on Wednesday.

He said: "Even though APC has so many Rivers people who are eminently qualified and competent to contest the governorship election in 2019, the choice of Architect Tonye Cole is a breath of fresh air into the politics of the state.

"We need this breath of fresh air in all sectors in Rivers State, ranging from the economy, security, education, tourism, to agriculture etc, so that our dear state will be brought back to what our political forebears wished for us to have as a state.

"It is for this reason that they agitated, got humiliated and finally created a state for us in 1967, hence we are duty-bound to reward and honour their selfless sacrifices with a choice that will get us back on track.

"It is therefore, a clear signal that APC is ready to rescue and rebuild Rivers State through this our illustrious son. We have chosen one of the most credible persons for the governorship seat of Rivers State come 2019. He is a well-trained and well-informed Rivers son, with broad-based education, who has a full knowledge of what it takes to govern people and a state," Uchendu opined.

The representative of Rivers East Senatorial District said the statement attributed to him concerning Cole's popularity was laughable.

"I have known Tonye Cole for the past 12 years now, and I have watched his general candour and respectable mien. This is why he is a son in whom majority of Rivers people are well pleased.

"And this was why I found it laughable when mischievous characters in Governor Nyesom Wike's government said I do not have Tonye Cole's phone number. That is nothing but arrant nonsense and complete falsehood.

"The senatorial district that I represent is the core of Rivers State, and I am privileged to have interacted with about 90% of the captains of industry in the state, including Architect Tonye Cole, who is a successful international entrepreneur," Uchendu said.

He disclosed that the leader of the party in the state, Chibuike Amaechi did not impose any gubernatorial aspirant on the leadership of the APC, stating that necessary consultations were made months before the decision to ‘support’ Cole was reached.

"We agreed in all our meetings some months ago that after the necessary consultations, our leader, the Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, should not choose any candidate on his own, rather he should consult widely, including leaders of the party and owners of the state, and that after all his findings, we will sit down together, discuss with him and make a choice. And that is exactly what happened. Amaechi did not impose anybody on us.

"I wish that Rivers people will accept with open hands this illustrious son of ours, a successful business man who will not tamper with our kobo because God has blessed him, and he has made a career in life. Let him come and join hands with other well-meaning Rivers people to deliver the state from Wike's purposeless, greed-ridden and kindergarten administration," Uchendu stressed.

Solomon Okocha
Media Aide to Senator Andrew Uchendu
Rivers East Senatorial District

September 5, 2018

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
good development . . . .

Mean while ftc for the first time. Oya start d party

1 Like

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by collinsJn(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
I See
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
Technocrat in power.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by RotgakSlay(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
Fresh air?? grin
Shey him na Tom Tom or baba blue tongue

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by femmy2010(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
Nice One

2 Likes

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Blessedman3056: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
Watching in 3d tv
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Proffdada: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
priceaction:
Technocrat in power.
if only we have more, Nigeria will be wakanda

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by arizonababa: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
This is a welcome change

3 Likes

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Adelivinggreat(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
advice pls, during pre-intimacy with my girl. I was turned on. I had an erection but she said no sex. Later, l insisted on having sex with her which she finally agreed to. The moment I was about to have sex with her, I couldn't get an erection again. Is this normal? Has anyone had this kind of experience before?

4 Likes

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Lomprico2: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2018
Amechi's boy
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Nosaghae(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
OK na
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
This one na for food for wike.

The lizard of Ubima will go into political oblivion after 2019.

Rivers state is PDP and PDP is Rivers state.

The Niger Delta is PDP.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Benekruku(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Anyone can rule Rivers state but not Ikwerres

Let other tribes taste power too

1 Like

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by richidinho(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
grin exercise in futility
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by oshe11: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2018
Adelivinggreat:
I am a BIG Fool
I know

1 Like

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Benekruku(m): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
MyVILLAGEpeople:
This one na for food for wike.
The lizard of Ubima will go into political oblivion after 2019.
Rivers state is PDP and PDP is Rivers state.
The Niger Delta is PDP.

You will be shocked

Only if PDP present a candidate from the riverine.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Sannisege: 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
Wike is in trouble.
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by jaxxy(m): 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2018
Has he won the direct primaries yet?
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
wink
Once an Amaechi puppet always an Amaechi puppet.
However, if Magnus Abe, Dakuku peterside can throw their support on this man, then am giving him my vote.
Wike, A very poor sole administrator of Rivers state is the greatest mistake that must be corrected in 2019.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by honestivo(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
This man is Amaechi business partner and his not known by Rivers people so he is not acceptable in Rivers state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by slivertongue: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
APC &double speak. i thought Amaechi denied having a preffered candidate.

1 Like

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by CSTR1005: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
Sahara oil have not accounted for their role in the subsidy mess.

The APC wants to reward their chairman with governorship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by honestivo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
Rivers state is not a personal estate of Amaechi so he can not single handedly imposed his business partner on the state

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by obaataaokpaewu: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2018
E get this technocrat abi na king Pikin, I Don forget him name. Dem don chop that one money finish, na Tonye Cole turn
Re: Uchendu Describes Choice Of Tonye Cole As 'a Breath Of Fresh Air' by aguiyi2: 2:44pm On Sep 06, 2018
As usual,his riverine kinsmen will be his worst antagonists.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Retire Tinubu Politically In 2023, PDP Boasts / IMF Excludes Nigeria From Debt Relief / Boko Haram Kills Five Soldiers, 15 Civilian JTF Members In Ajiri, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.