Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Oh That Men Would Praise The Lord - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oh That Men Would Praise The Lord (7960 Views)

Praise The Universe.... I Finally Became An Atheist! / During Hajj A Muslim Became Christian. Praise The Lord! / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh That Men Would Praise The Lord by PastorAde: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2010
[center]Oh That Men Would Praise The Lord[/center]

I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, says the Lord; and I will heal him (Isaiah 57: 19, emphasis added).

By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name (Hebrews 13: 15, emphasis added).

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from destruction; who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfies your mouth with good things ; so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s (Psalm 103: 2-5).

Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He has broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder (Psalm 107: 15-16).

Have you ever wondered why God created your lips? Are your lips created just to receive food into your mouth? Are they created to curse, gossip, or back bite your fellow human beings? Are they created to speak idle words? The answer to all these questions is NO. He that created the lips tells us the reason for creating the lips in the first two Scriptures above. “I create the fruit of the lips ……, Says the Lord”. The fruit of the lips is what proceeds from the lips and it is defined as the sacrifice of praise. When the lips are used for the purpose for which they are created, we experience peace and healing in our bodies. Moreover, praising God with our lips should not just be occasional, it should be continually.
God inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3). Thanksgiving and praise attract God’s presence. He dwells in the midst of praise. There are lots of benefits inherent in praising and giving thanks to God continually according to Psalm 103: 1-5. First, He forgives our iniquities. Second, He heals all our diseases. Third, He redeems our lives from destruction. Fourth, He crowns us with lovingkindness and tender mercies. Fifth, He satisfies our mouth with good things; so that our youth is renewed like the eagles. Because God personally attends to and inhabits praise, He demonstrates His goodness and wonderful works to the children of men when they are in the act of praising Him. He breaks in pieces the gates of brass and cuts in sunder in bars of iron. What does this mean? Difficulties, problems and bondages are subdued and overcome when we praise God. God is greater than any human problem or mountain. As you praise God in the problem, He provides a way out. Praise and thanksgiving is an attitude you must cultivate if you want God’s presence, success and victory in your life. But how can you praise the God you don’t know? “God that made the world and all things in it, seeing that He is the Lord of heaven, and earth, dwells not in temples made with hands. Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he gives to all life, and breath, and all things. For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at (overlooked); but now commands all men everywhere to repent: Because He has appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He has ordained, whereof He has given assurance unto all men, in that He has raised Him from the dead” (Acts 17: 24-25, 28-30). God has overlooked the times of men’s ignorance in worshipping false gods. He now commands all men everywhere to repent because He will one day judge the world in righteousness by Jesus Christ. Will you praise the true and living God? Will you give your life to Jesus? Then pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Wash away my sins. I confess you as my Savior and Lord. Write my name in the book of life in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Your Prayers As We Begin The "Ember" Months / My Idea On Who Created God / Thinking Out Loud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.