Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

You Shall Not Die But Live - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Shall Not Die But Live (7906 Views)

You Shall Not Die- Osinachi's Children Pray For Her On Her Last Birthday (Video) / Pastor Emiaso Oke Emir Curses Lady: "You Shall Die Without A Husband" / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Shall Not Die But Live by Interesting15: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2022
"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD." (Psalm 118:17)

This is a popularly quoted verse for obvious reasons - none of us want to die and leave this world in our prime. However, we should see this beyond the standpoint of physical death, and talk about a much tougher form of death - spiritual death.

Spiritual death simply entails separation from God the Source of Life. It is possible to be alive (hale, healthy and breathing) here in the physical realm, but spiritually dead. This can be a reality when we cut away ourselves from God who is the Source and Giver of Life.

In Genesis, GOD told Adam that the day he embraces sin, he will die. And when Adam committed the sin of disobedience, he didn't fall dead instantly. He didn't die physically immediately - but he embraced a tougher from of death, which is separation from God. 

What happens to a fish separated from water? It dies! Why? Because the water is its source. In the same vein, since we humans are created by Him and in His image and likeness, GOD is our Source. If you separate yourself from Him, you are simply a walking dead (and it's just a matter of time before such a person falls dead anyways).

What brings separation between God and man? Sin! Unfortunately, while God's love for a sinner remains intact, the law of sowing and reaping must always be respected - the wages of sin is death. And I must tell you that it is a grave thing to be eternally separated from God.

But, good news! To save us from spiritual and eternal death, God decided to come in the flesh through Jesus Christ to get us back to Him, and empowers us to live above physical and spiritual death. 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ), that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life". (John 3:16).

You are destined to live the Life of God, exercising dominion over creation and everything (including death). When you submit to the LORD, the Holy Spirit activates the Life of God you received as you lay down yours for His.

Therefore, you should embrace Jesus Christ today as Lord and Savior, and you shall not die but live to declare the works of the LORD in the land of the living.

Simply call upon Jesus anywhere you are right now. Ask Him to show you mercy and come into your life. He has shown you mercy.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/07/you-shall-not-die-but-live.html?m=1

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Interesting15: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2022
Happy Sunday everyone. Jesus loves you

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Interesting15: 6:51am On Jul 03, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by superCleanworks(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2022
Interesting15:
lalasticlala

for what? abeg go and sit down.
death is inevitable. it is the only sure thing after you are born. every other thing is in-between.
you seff must die when death comes weda it is today or tomorrow or next 10 years .

7 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by MonkeyMods(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2022
Amen

This is my morning verse everyday

3 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by TimmyTen(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2022
Through His death, we were freed from the old covenant and are now under the new – grace (Hebrews 9.15).

5 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 07, 2022
The difference between a celebrity and an ambassador.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBqHjST3fwo

2 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2022
tongue
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by MartinsD12(m): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2022
Interesting15:
"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD." (Psalm 118:17)

This is a popularly quoted verse for obvious reasons - none of us want to die and leave this world in our prime. However, we should see this beyond the standpoint of physical death, and talk about a much tougher form of death - spiritual death.

Spiritual death simply entails separation from God the Source of Life. It is possible to be alive (hale, healthy and breathing) here in the physical realm, but spiritually dead. This can be a reality when we cut away ourselves from God who is the Source and Giver of Life.

In Genesis, GOD told Adam that the day he embraces sin, he will die. And when Adam committed the sin of disobedience, he didn't fall dead instantly. He didn't die physically immediately - but he embraced a tougher from of death, which is separation from God. 

What happens to a fish separated from water? It dies! Why? Because the water is its source. In the same vein, since we humans are created by Him and in His image and likeness, GOD is our Source. If you separate yourself from Him, you are simply a walking dead (and it's just a matter of time before such a person falls dead anyways).

What brings separation between God and man? Sin! Unfortunately, while God's love for a sinner remains intact, the law of sowing and reaping must always be respected - the wages of sin is death. And I must tell you that it is a grave thing to be eternally separated from God.

But, good news! To save us from spiritual and eternal death, God decided to come in the flesh through Jesus Christ to get us back to Him, and empowers us to live above physical and spiritual death. 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ), that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life". (John 3:16).

You are destined to live the Life of God, exercising dominion over creation and everything (including death). When you submit to the LORD, the Holy Spirit activates the Life of God you received as you lay down yours for His.

Therefore, you should embrace Jesus Christ today as Lord and Savior, and you shall not die but live to declare the works of the LORD in the land of the living.

Simply call upon Jesus anywhere you are right now. Ask Him to show you mercy and come into your life. He has shown you mercy.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/07/you-shall-not-die-but-live.html?m=1
Amen

1 Like

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Moutine(m): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2022
Happy Sunday y"all . .. God blessings shall never be far from us ..

1 Like

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by LollySeaSide: 10:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Amen
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by SeriouslySense(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2022
And get ready, Jesus is coming soon.

For through one man, sin came into the world, resulting in pain and death.

But through another man, grace came into the world, resulting in righteousness, and eternal Life in God. Through Jesus alone we are saved.

Keep watching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by LollySeaSide: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2022
superCleanworks:

for what? abeg go and sit down.
death is inevitable. it is the only sure thing after you are born. every other thing is in-between.
you seff must die when death comes weda it is today or tomorrow or next 10 years .
What a carnal reasoning.

The soul that sinneth shall die. Ezekiel 18:20.
That's not bodily death, it's a disconnection from God.
Once you are disconnected from God, you may be breathing and doing every other thing but you are dead!
That is the meaning of what the op posted.
I shall not (die) be disconnected from God but I shall (live) be connected to God too (declare) give testimonies of what He is doing in my life (His works).
God can only work on your life when you are (alive) connected to him.

4 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by DropsMic(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2022
One of the saddest thing ever is that we Africans worship the Gods of our conquerors.. Those conquered by the west are Christians while those conquered by the Arabs are Muslims and everybody dey convinced say the God of their conquerors is the true God.. We all are just victims of circumstances, the creation of mere mortals and we don't even know it.

Opmic:

You know deep down that what you just said is not true, you just don't have answers to. Day unto day reveals that there is God even night unto night.
Even the events in your life today proves the existence of God, the problem is you just don't understand. Believe him today and you'll see
Shalom

Without even stopping to comprehend what i wrote you've already jumped into a moronic conclusion.. Please show me where i insinuated that there's no God.

7 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Awise09(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2022
I shall not die but live and declares that's to say to fulfil all his promises for me.
Check my signature for ETH not free mining.

1 Like

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by parkervero(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2022
Amen

I don't want to die because I have not achieved anything in life. For example, I am actively seeking employment.

We don't want to die because the purpose of our creation has not been actualised.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Xcellente10(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2022
Anybody can Die at anytime Oga.

It's not a curse.

3 Likes

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by socialjustice93: 11:07am On Aug 07, 2022
Happy sunny Sunday y'all! Check my signature if you're in need of a pc
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Babyboyforeal(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2022
All living things Shall die nobody live this earth alive even Lazarus may Jesus rise from death later still die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Johnnyboy6757(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2022
Interesting15:
Happy Sunday everyone. Jesus loves you
I don't think so
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by rossovu: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2022
I shall not die but live in good health, Amen.

1 Like

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Ubdavis(m): 11:31am On Aug 07, 2022
The bible contradict itself
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by nickyj19: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2022
yes oo
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Jennyclay(f): 11:37am On Aug 07, 2022
Amen!!
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by AkioluGraceObi(f): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2022
For Sure I Will Not Die

It Is Those Who Wish Me Dead That Will Die.

God Is Good.

1 Like

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by President2001(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2022
Amen
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Samskid310(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2022
I died and came back to life in 2010 when a nurse put cutting wool in my asshole I resurrected
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Spicycat(f): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2022
Death is upon everybody, it's just a matter of when.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of False Prophets / Audio Bible — (Genesis to Revelation.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.