Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African (587 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? / NOUN Free Education For Inmates Scheme Attracts Foreign Interest – VC / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Slavesmustdie: 8:18am On Sep 07, 2018
I have seen so many great articles from international media praising the Nigeria schooling system compared to.other African countries. Could this be why other Africans seem so envious and angry at us ?.Why they don't focus on improving their intellect to be where we are instead of hating our progress ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by rotormast: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2018
You will be amazed at the heavy and huge presence they have in other African countries unlike in Nigeria. You have to visit countries like South Africa, Namibia, Uganda, Kenya : just to mention a few. If you check the statistics, you will also notice that the afore-listed countries have universities that are ranked higher than any Nigerian University.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Slaveryisgood: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2018
rotormast:
You will be amazed at the heavy and huge presence they have in other African countries unlike in Nigeria. You have to visit countries like South Africa, Namibia, Uganda, Kenya : just to mention a few. If you check the statistics, you will also notice that the afore-listed countries have universities that are ranked higher than any Nigerian University.

Does this your rant change the fact that the West still has more respect for nigerian education and intellectuals than these yeye countries you mention ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Ujawissy: 8:59am On Sep 07, 2018
rotormast:
Thrash! Fallacy of hasty generalisation.
Mention those universities from Namibia,Uganda and Kenya that are ranked better than UI(University of Ibadan) in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by ggchukwu: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2018
Get ur complete seminar and project topics at www.coolproject.com.ng
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:21am On Sep 07, 2018
We are blessed.Just that both the governed and the rulers have ruined this country
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2018
rotormast:

You are wrong to an extent,sir.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Slaveryisgood: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
We are blessed.Just that both the governed and the rulers have ruined this country

Exactly , what African nation have universities that can stand shoulder to shoulder with our schools even in our bad shape we have no competition, we still.rule Africa in education and everything .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
Slavesmustdie:
I have seen so many great articles from international media praising the Nigeria schooling system compared to.other African countries. Could this be why other Africans seem so envious and angry at us ?.Why they don't focus on improving their intellect to be where we are instead of hating our progress ?

Can you post one of the articles please grin grin. Last time I checked South Africa and Egypt had no match in the continent. Our top universities can't even beat Makerekere of Uganda , not to talk of Uni of cape town, uni Pretoria etc. Stop being foolish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Jamestown123: 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
Slaveryisgood:

Does this your rant change the fact that the West still has more respect for nigerian education and intellectuals than these yeye countries you mention ?
People like u are supposed to be in Daura looking after cows. Nigerian schools or university or in fact our system of education can't be compared with other African countries.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Slavesmustdie: 8:39am On Sep 08, 2018
Jamestown123:
People like u are supposed to be in Daura looking after cows. Nigerian schools or university or in fact our system of education can't be compared with other African countries.

What do illirate trader flatti6es know about education? :-Xthis is a thread for intellectuals not dumbies
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Slavesmustdie: 8:40am On Sep 08, 2018
Runalong333:

Can you post one of the articles please grin grin. Last time I checked South Africa and Egypt had no match in the continent. Our top universities can't even beat Makerekere of Uganda , not to talk of Uni of cape town, uni Pretoria etc. Stop being foolish.

Stupid post
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2018
Slavesmustdie:

Stupid post

Lol , I said post the articles that put nigerian universities above those in South Africa, Egypt, Uganda and Kenya? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Jamestown123: 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
Slavesmustdie:

What do illirate trader flatti6es know about education? :-Xthis is a thread for intellectuals not dumbies
I gree say I be illiterate, but u wey no be illiterate how's ur life better than mine? Tell me where or which better work u get with Nigeria certificate. The there dey fool urself if you have the opportunity and money better go and school in a better country that will value ur certificate.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Slavesmustdie: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
Jamestown123:
I gree say I be illiterate, but u wey no be illiterate how's ur life better than mine? Tell me where or which better work u get with Nigeria certificate. The there dey fool urself if you have the opportunity and money better go and school in a better country that will value ur certificate.

You are a big fool if you think you can compare your useless life with me . Nonsense petty trader
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Jamestown123: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
Slavesmustdie:

You are a big fool if you think you can compare your useless life with me . Nonsense petty trader
Haha bro no vex abeg no be only u life tire.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Universities Attract So Much Foreign Interest Than Other African by Digitalwitch: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Slaveryisgood:

The west respect intellectuals not our education. Our education system is in shamble that is why we have less foreigners from that end than other African countries. Many Nigerians are good in academics but their universities are poor

(1) (Reply)

Any Update On ASUU Strike ??? ??? / list of cheap and affordable Poly Is Still Admitting For Hnd / Ondo State Scholarship Board: A Fruad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.