Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Ebube Nwagbo Feeds 200 Less Advantaged Persons At The Candlelight Foundation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebube Nwagbo Feeds 200 Less Advantaged Persons At The Candlelight Foundation (407 Views)

Ebube Nwagbo Hot In Ripped Jeans (Photos) / Ebube Nwagbo Hits The Pool In Bikini (Photos) / Ebube Nwagbo: "Why I Am Yet To Be Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Feeds 200 Less Advantaged Persons At The Candlelight Foundation by ochia21(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Recently, British Prime Minister Theresa May stated that the world’s poorest people lived in Nigeria, and in order to ensure that this stops being our story, Nollywood star actress Ebube Nwagbo’s foundation has taken up the task to fight poverty and hunger by joining the Candlelight Foundation to provide free meals for 200 less privileged people in society.

The Nollywood diva who is set to launch her fashion line known as PoshedUp By Ebube Nwagbo, with a website, www.poshedupbyeb, visited the foundation and made a donation to feed 200 disadvantaged persons.

Speaking at the Candlelight Foundation, Ebube said: “We know, as Nigerians, what the society is all about regarding hunger and poverty. There are lots of people out there that don’t have anything to eat. They can't feed. They don't have anything to put in their stomach. So, I am asking everybody out there watching this right now, you can do this. No matter how little it is.

“Everybody across the world thinks Nigeria is so poor and hungry. In fact, they said we are the poorest people on earth. No, we are not! With people like you and I, no matter how little, we can erase that fact in the minds of people out there.

“We can do this, you can do this, I can do this, and together we can do this. Come, let us do this and make Nigeria great.”

The producer of the movie 'Not Enough' urged members of public to donate to the foundation to feed hungry and less destitute people.

In her words, “With as little as N1,000, you’ll be making a great change in the lives of these hungry people. So, come out and do something. One thousand naira might be little but it is a lot to somebody out there. So let us do this, it is a challenge.”

Leveraging on her star power, goodwill and fame, the visibly excited actress, in the televised visit to the Candlelight Foundation, urged viewers to give their widow’s mite and go the extra mile to help destitute people who might have given up all hope on account of poverty.

She said: “My name is Ebube Nwagbo and right now I'm at the Candlelight Foundation and it is amazing. I feel so fulfilled coming out here today and doing the little I can. I hope to be back; in fact, I will be back more often. Candlelight Foundation, thank you so much for doing this and I hope we can do better and bigger than this. God bless you. God bless your good heart and may God keep blessing and replenishing you.

“I am happy I'm here. Nice place and, obviously, the people out here are so happy. It's a lot doing something and putting a smile on someone's face and I'm glad I'm part of it.”

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji, Wizkid Top Google Nigeria Search For Last 10 Years / Babe With Tribal Mark Wan Make We Epp Her Get Attention To Model For Rihanna / Chioma ‘assurance’ Spotted With Davido Amidst Break-up Rumors(video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.