Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

"My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men (28759 Views)

Why Do Rich Men Deceive We Poor Men Like This??? (PICTURES) / A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. / Mom Of 5 Dies After Falling Off Party Bus While Celebrating Her 30th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by IamHeWrites: 4:15am On Sep 08, 2018
35-year-old Kenyan woman and mother of 11, Rael Mukeku, is happily married to two husbands.

According to Mukeku, both of them are aware and happy with the polygamous arrangement.

Rael lives in a grass-thatched hut, the only house occupying a small rocky compound behind in Chyulu Hills National Park, Makueni County.

She has spent much of the three decades-and-a-half of her life in marriage, something she does not shy away from revealing. She first got married at the age of 10.

“I married my first husband in 1992 and we were blessed with our first child the following year.

"I have had 10 other children since then,” Ms Mukeku told the Nation at her home, slowly opening up on how she ended up leading a lifestyle frowned upon among the Kamba and in most Kenyan societies.

Juggling between rocking an infant and trying to appease three other children donning threadbare clothing, who have been crying for food, she recalls her background. She schooled up to Standard Two at a public school, worked as a maid at a neighbour’s home, and got married in the same village.

“The second husband came when I had seven children already. He didn’t like taking care of the children unless some of them were his and this is how we ended up getting more children,” she reveals.

She is quick to admit that she has quit binge drinking, khat chewing and snuff taking, habits, she says, she had picked up early in life from the bad company she kept and which she had carried along with her until early in August when she dropped them on a doctor’s orders.

She, however, does not regret marrying the two men, who work as casual labourers, and giving birth to many children.

“My only mistake is that I settled on men who are not rich, but this does not worry me much because they are caring and loving,” she chuckles, recalling a recent incident in which her husbands joined forces to care for her during an illness.

“One sold all his three goats and a kid to clear the hospital bill, while the other provided the money we needed for the day to day upkeep,” she says.

It was her physical needs that encouraged her to get another husband to fulfil them since the first husband, Muema Nguu,50, (pictured) is sickly, wasn’t able to. She had confided in her mother about the problem before taking in the second man.

Muema also sanctioned the idea but asked to meet his would-be co-husband first as a condition
“It got to a point where he advised me to identify one man and officially introduce him,” she says, echoing Mr Nguu’s account of the events leading to the compound marriage.

“It was a difficult decision. It was preceded by a difficult period in which I had become weak after suffering a long illness,” says Muema, while herding his employer’s cattle in the next village.

Despite a deal they had struck, which was witnessed by a local elder and one of their adult sons, Mr Nguu at first struggled to come to terms with the relationship.

"Upon realising that he had impregnated her I got mad and warned that such should not be repeated”. he said.

Years later and three other pregnancies down the line, he has embraced his co-husband with whom he has a lot in common.

The two were orphaned at infancy and worked as casual labourers at the homes of their neighbours in their childhood after dropping out of school for lack of fees.

“My relatives are not happy with this arrangement, but every time they complain I remind them that they have refused to help me raise my children,”
says Mr Nguu, regretting that his children have not got a proper education.

Mr Nguu says that some of his adult children are yet to come to terms with the compound marriage, something that has been worrying the extended family.

“Our main worry has always been that she has been identifying them with their different fathers.
Rael’s father Mukeku Nguu says he does not approve of his daughter’s polyandrous marriage.

“We have always advised that she treats them equally and that she stops telling them that they belong to this or that husband,” says Mr Timothy Mutua, a neighbour and distant relative.

“His children call me ‘Dad’. When he is unable to clear school fees, I get him sorted out. He reciprocates when I am in a financial mess and he is better off,” says Mr Nguu’s co-husband, Mutuku Muia, 45, who works as a farm labourer.
Unlike Mr Muia, who spends all his nights at home, Mr Nguu comes home at most twice in a month.

Ms Mukeku says that whenever her husbands happen to be at home at the same time “they do not fight over anything because they agreed to be in this relationship"

https://www.torimill.co/world/9699/my-only-mistake-is-that-i-settled-on-men-who-are-not-rich-35-year-old-mother-married-to-two-men-says.html

Credit :-The Nation.co.ke

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 08, 2018
The only thing Africans can do successfully is Bleep and make babies

41 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by delugajackson: 4:26am On Sep 08, 2018
When it comes to weird news about infidelity, strange mysteries and adultery, Kenyans are the undisputed champions.

How can two men agree to marry one woman? This can never happen in my country. I'm saying so because over here in Naija, no be we dey rush them, na them dey rush us.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by OneCorner: 4:34am On Sep 08, 2018
Deadlywoman:
The only thing Africans can do successfully is Bleep and make babies
Kill nko.

2 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by noblealuu: 5:30am On Sep 08, 2018
Can any thing good news come out of Nazareth Kenya

1 Like

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Hector09(m): 5:41am On Sep 08, 2018
Zimbabwe and kenya are known for this

2 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by planetx13: 5:54am On Sep 08, 2018
I think the mistake is relying on men.... whether rich or poor.

What happened to your hands and legs

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Jerrick(m): 10:01am On Sep 08, 2018
Your kind of beauty can only attract men of that caliber

4 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by eseveli(m): 10:02am On Sep 08, 2018
in Africa.. it is finished
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by SEONaijaExpert: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2018
She got married at 10, mistake no. 1

She gave birth to 7 children to the first poor husband, mistake no. 2

She married the second one even after seeing how he's not interested in taking care of the 7 children she had went ahead to pour another 4 children. Mistake no. 3

It's obvious it's not the poor men he married but her life is already filled with mistakes.

She needs to go for rehab asap. Something is wrong with her.

10 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2018
Your mistake is that you didn't have a job.

The mentality of a man should provide all needs should be dropped by women. This isn't the stone age.

Whether you marry a rich or poor man, it doesn't stop you from making your own money.

4 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2018
ok
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by asawanathegreat(m): 10:03am On Sep 08, 2018
Wasted generation
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Beno3: 10:03am On Sep 08, 2018
The Lady is stupid for saying that. What happened to building herself?
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by bluefilm: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2018
BoboKush:
grin

Please remove that picture.

It's very disgusting.
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Olukat(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2018
Haba! This woman has seen it all shocked shocked shocked shocked
11 WHAT?
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by gaby(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2018
This is what happens when you take the marxim "two heads are better than one" literally.

You should have known that the saying meant "two matured good heads with better ororo are better than one"

2 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by itiswellandwell: 10:06am On Sep 08, 2018
Hmmmm. Thought marriage would be poverty alleviation center for her but was otherwise. Ladies should learn from this.

3 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2018
angry
Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2018
delugajackson:
When it comes to weird news about infertility, strange mysteries and adultery, Kenyans are the undisputed champions.

How can two men agree to marry one woman? This can never happen in my country. I'm saying so because over here in Naija, no be we dey rush them, na them dey rush us.
Yes ooh cheesy we can never share our kitten with no man

1 Like

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by MARKone(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2018
35? and she looks 55

5 Likes

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2018
shocked

Re: "My Mistake Is That I Married Poor Men" - Kenyan Mom Of 11 Married To 2 Men by otabaotaba: 10:15am On Sep 08, 2018
Scammer everywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mad Woman Gives Birth To Twins In Public In Delta State / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? / BEATING YOUR KIDS; Discipline Or Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.