Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base (39877 Views)

Pastor Bulus Relocates From Borno After Being Released By Boko Haram / Teacher: I Killed Oluwayemisi Ogundana, Navy Boss For Sacking Me As PTA Chairman / Fake Army Officer Arrested At Military Base Where He Lived For Over 2 Years. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just after a military base was sacked and occupied by Boko Haram terrorists, a Borno town has been captured by the insurgents. 

While the Nigerian army claimed that the Islamist militants were severely weakened to the point of defeat, it was gathered that eight civilians were believed to have been killed, according to one local civilian militia member who spoke to AFP.

The attack is reportedly the latest against troops in recent weeks, and comes as the government encourages the return of displaced people from the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, to Guzamala despite continued attacks. 

An official of Guzamala local government area, of which Gudumbali is the headquarters, told AFP:

“It is true Boko Haram have taken over Gudumbali this morning after pushing troops out of the military facility in the town.

“They are in full control of the town and the military facility,” the official said, speaking from Maiduguri on anonymity for fear of government sanction.

A military source in Maiduguri added:

“The terrorists attacked the base at about 7:50 pm (1850 GMT) and engaged soldiers in an intense battle that continued until early Saturday when troops were forced to withdraw.”

The source, who asked to remain anonymous because he was not authorised to speak to the media, said he had no information about casualties. But local civilian militia member Musa Ari said:

“Most civilians were spared because the attack was targeted at the military base.

“So far eight civilians who were errand boys for troops were believed to have been killed in the attack.” 

President Buhari had before now, repeatedly claimed that Boko Haram has been defeated and can no longer capture towns like they did years ago. It should also be recalled that Boko Haram captured Borno town, Gudumbali, in 2014 when swathes of territory were seized in northern Borno and declared their Islamic Caliphate. The military reclaimed the town two years later in a regional fightback involving troops from neighbouring Chad, Niger and Cameroon.

https://lailasnews.com/boko-haram-captures-borno-town-after-sacking-occupying-military-base/

lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by PrinceZahzah(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
They should gather all the heartless cultists, area boys, Wicked SARS men and give them enough arms/ammunition... put them on convoy with miltary envoy to make sure they don't divert. Then send them to that place to show their strength!!!

377 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
Take it from me, bokoharam has supremacy over more than one town in the northeast

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by freedomchild: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
boko haram has been teaching these lifeless python dancers lessons since 18BC...

The government should give shekarau his territory in the northeast

we're tired of waisting people's lives

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Racoon(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2018
When Buratai just boasted that no Nigerian territory is under BH control then pronto went for his own village.Propaganda is not good. BH have never been depleted /defeated. A technically defeated, then downgraded, then a BH lacking the capacity to carry out major attacks doing this

So what will the Nigerian army & government call this one as well as other unfortunate attacks of the same BH sect with all the attendant complications on lives & property?
Humn! Water don pass garri.Abeg keep quiet & work siliently.Meanwhile waiting for the Lai Muhammed-infested Nigerian Army to also deny this one.As for Buhari-"My service chiefs are still racking their brains.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by deolurexy1(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Politicians have gone to arm them again, Nigeria is a joke, using human lives to play games is worse than terrorism. Politicians in this country are worse than terrorist!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by nelronaldo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Why the contradictory reports? This is not the first time the army or FG are denying reports even after suppressing the media

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by massinola(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
E no go better for Buhari. He's busy mortgaging our future in China, Whereas his boys are busy back home wrecking havoc on innocent citizens.
What's my own self? They are the sai Baba chanters, let them enjoy his dividends

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
Shame

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by AngelicBeing: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by EmekaBlue(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
Kai. Shekau sef don dey flex white shoes

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
PrinceZahzah:
They should gather all the heartless cultists, area boys, Wicked SARS men and give them enough arms/ammunition... put them on convoy with miltary envoy to make sure they don't divert. Then send them to that place to show their strength!!!
cheesy grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by jayson87: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
Waiting on the Nigerian Army to come with the remix... Buhari should send SARS men to join the Nigerian Army in fighting Boko Haram, it seems our SARS men are over proactive. They will be useful in fighting the Boko Haram menace

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Toks06: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2018
I thought they said boko haram has been technically defeated grin hmmmm..Shithole country with a lifeless president undecided

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Primusinterpares(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
I taught boko haram have been technically defected ni?

BH even dey make mockery of Nigerian Army...

imagine pursuring them from their base and taking over ...

But if na me and you now Dem go dey flex muscles.

#buhari, buratai over to you

20 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by dingbang(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Who is the governor of borno state ? I am starting to believe its shekau

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2018
Where is buhari

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by uzeba(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
which way Nigeria??
Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by dorox(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
This is terribly sad indeed, but...But I thought Daddy Oyedipo's curse on Boko Haram is working.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by hakeem4(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
President Buhari had before now, repeatedly claimed that Boko Haram has been defeated and can no longer capture towns like they did years ago. It should also be recalled that Boko Haram captured Borno town, Gudumbali, in 2014 when swathes of territory were seized in northern Borno and declared their Islamic Caliphate. The military reclaimed the town two years later in a regional fightback involving troops from neighbouring Chad, Niger and Cameroon.
Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just as buhari and BMC are bout to use bokkoharam defeat as propaganda to brag and campaign for re-election,now the bubble has burst.They will now be looking for the head of who leak this information to the public.
Despite all the billions budgeted to fight bokoharam.Buratai should account for those funds.

26 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by naijapips04: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Buhari is a disgrace!

After more than $3 billion spent by Buhari, boko haram is still capturing territories.

It's so sad.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by neweraomo: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2018
Lmao grin grin grin grin grin,the boko boys...just love those guys ,them get power and determination grin

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by pauljumbo: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
May God help Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Mccullum: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
This is unbelievable until defense HQ respond to this information..
Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Xioxing: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2018
Change is tactical

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by donnie(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
This is corruption fighting back.
Because there is no more free loot, that's why...
Nothing will stop us in our fight to clean up PDP mess.

- APC Zombie

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by obi4eze(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
And they said they have defeated them?

What about the 1 billion dollars Buhari got to fight Boko Haram?

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by jchioma: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
This and many more reasons is why I will not want a return of the Buhari 's govt. APC, all promises cancelled. Promises to what end?

*NIGERIANS WILL NEVER FORGET THESE QUOTES:*

These were the words that turned my head for Buhari in 2015.

*"A serious government will fix power problem in six months." - Babatunde Raji Fashola (November 12, 2014)*
*"Stone us [APC] if we do not perform after two years." - Tony Momoh ( April 3, 2016, The Guardian)*
*"The only way to have stable electricity is to vote out PDP." - Babatunde Raji Fashola (July 12, 2014, The Nation)*
*"We seriously frown at President Goodluck Jonathan, over the unceremonious removal of the Group Managing Director of NNPC, Mr Andrew Yakubu." -(APC, August 4, 2014, Channels TV)*
*"It's Time To Restructure Nigeria: The present situation of things where all component units get monthly allocation from the Federal Government only makes the states lazy and unproductive." - Nasiru El-Rufai (August 2010)*
*"Jonathan should resign if he has no solution to the violence being unleashed on some parts of the country." - Nasiru El-Rufai (August 2012)*
*"The only solution to the present political uncertainty in the country is for the National Assembly to set machineries in motion for the impeachment of ailing President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua." - Muhammadu Buhari (March 10, 2010, Sun Newspapers)*
*"Waste: Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? "Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses." - Muhammadu Buhari (February 2015, Nigerians in UK)*
*"We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian Airways. We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airway and within a year increase the fleet into about 20." -Muhammadu Buhari (February 2015, Nigerians in UK)*
*"Why do I need to embark on a foreign trip as a president with a huge crowd with public funds?*
*"Why do I need to go for foreign medical trip if we cannot make our hospital functional?" - Muhammadu Buhari (February 2015, Nigerians in UK)*
*"Why is the nation?s currency, the Naira, now trading for N180 per Dollar, while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar?" - Babatunde Raji Fashola (Dec 26, 2014, The Nation)*
*"Give Nigerians a daily update on the health of President Umaru Yar'Adua to stem the growing rumours surrounding his state of health." - Lai Mohammed (December 21, 2009, The Nation)*
*"Amaechi is not only clean but a tool to free Nigeria from the corruption imposed on us by those who hate our nation." - APC (October 24, 2016, Vanguard)*
*"The recent proscription of Boko Haram and Ansaru violates the Constitution." - Lai Mohammed (June 10, 2013, The Nation*

Be careful of what you say today because of tomorrow.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by Referendum50(f): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
Sweet.... The northern part will continue to die under boko haram until they give them Islamic country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Captures Gudumbali In Borno After Sacking, Occupying Military Base by naijapips04: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
deolurexy1:
Politicians have gone to arm them again, Nigeria is a joke, using human lives to play games is worse than terrorism. Politicians in this country are worse than terrorist!

oh now it's politicians? But it wasn't politicians during GEJ's tenure abi?

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Sent My Boys To Behead Todays Prints MD – Herbalist / Man Killed And Dumped At Mile 2 (Graphic Photos) / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.