Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos (28137 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / Nigerian Consulate In Jo’burg Dismantles Passport Racketeers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Islie: 4:29am On Sep 09, 2018
ADELANI ADEPEGBA

There are strong indications that the South African consulate in Lagos might have shut down , trapping hundreds of passports belonging to visa applicants.

It was gathered that the consulate had failed to release the passports of many Nigerians who applied for South African visas for the past two weeks.

Our correspondent gathered that a firm , VSF Global , which processes visa applications for the South African High Commission, had failed to return hundreds of passports received from its Lagos and Port Harcourt visa application centres .

The firm stated on its website that the processing of each application took a minimum of six working days .

Some applicants complained to
SUNDAY PUNCH that the visa application centres had failed to communicate to them about the status of their applications or return their passports .

Despite paying N 30, 000 visa fee , the visa applicants expressed uncertainty over the long silence from the VSF Global .

A businessman , who spoke on condition of anonymity , explained that he submitted his passport to the visa application centre in Lagos about two weeks ago, adding that he had yet to receive his passport , noting that his plan was already in jeopardy .

Speaking to our correspondent on the telephone on Saturday , he said , “ I submitted my Nigerian passport to the visa application centre about two weeks ago, but till date , I have not heard a word from the Embassy or VSF Global . ”

Another applicant explained that his findings indicated that the South African mission was issuing visas only to applicants in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja .

“ The official told me that the issue may be sorted out this week , but there has been no official communication from VSF Global , ” he stated .

When contacted about the development , an embassy official in Abuja , said he was not aware of the situation at the consulate in Lagos , adding that he could only get a clear picture of things during the week .

The South African High Commission could not be reached for comment as it has no spokesman . VSF Global has yet to respond to an email sent to its official email address on the delay in visa application processing .

https://punchng.com/safrica-shuts-consulate-in-lagos/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by dafeyankee: 4:33am On Sep 09, 2018
Good morning folks.

If you are like me and keep wondering why Nigerians keep going to SA and India, let us gather here for a pishure.

It is better their passports get lost at the Embassy, than for us to read that the passports holders got killed in SA.

N30,000 application fee to go get killed?CHINEDU you dey hear?

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by eleko1: 4:37am On Sep 09, 2018
embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed sad next nah Togo,.Why won't dem shut down their embassy wen our pipu dey go there do gangster, killed themselves, constitute nuisance.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Ballmer: 5:08am On Sep 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning folks.

If you are like me and keep wondering why Nigerians keep going to SA and India, let us gather here for a pishure.

It is better their passports get lost at the Embassy, than for us to read that the passports holders got killed in SA.

If you have ever been to SA you’ll understand why SA is a million times beta than Nigeria in every ramifications.

166 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Trails: 5:17am On Sep 09, 2018
Y?
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by dbynonetwork: 5:19am On Sep 09, 2018
Xenophobic alert... My brothers in South Africa be very careful.....

I dislike south africans..

10 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by jonathanOz: 5:20am On Sep 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning folks.

Tunde you dey hear too?

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by hardbody: 5:21am On Sep 09, 2018
Whenever I am ready for a visit, i will procure a visa. I don't worry ahead of time. For now, there is nothing taking me to south.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by miqos02(m): 5:22am On Sep 09, 2018
OK
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by miqos02(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2018
Ballmer:

If you have ever been to SA you’ll understand why SA is a million times beta than Nigeria in every ramifications.
the guy na joker.I rocked gauteng last month

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Redoil: 5:25am On Sep 09, 2018
Since buhari govt has decided to slap mtn with heavy sanction
Visit south africa once you will weep for nigeria for ever

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 09, 2018
Large forehead South Africans have capitalized on Buhari's dull nature to kill and degrade Nigerians, no sanctions, no threats yet sai barbarians want him to continue

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 5:27am On Sep 09, 2018
for what reason oooooo. make people money no go enter voice mail oooooo,so people wey don do fake pali no go dey rejoice.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by drey69(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2018
Emeka no go go school...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by dayleke: 5:33am On Sep 09, 2018
Na real wah o...
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by MrExcel(m): 5:33am On Sep 09, 2018
Is South Africa close to Daura? I want to know how this would be of help in sending PMB back to his cows come 2019.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by usebog: 5:36am On Sep 09, 2018
Another country loading nigerians must survive
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by LastSurvivor11: 5:36am On Sep 09, 2018
I used to wonder why Nigerians frequently rush to south Africa until I visited there..

It's only someone who has never been to another country(ies) still feel comfortable and hopeful with Nigeria..
Believe it or not..

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 09, 2018
South Africa that should have otherwise be seen as a 'baby' to us, now acting so disrespectful because we've got a lifeless president. Na wa o.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by cbngov01(m): 5:38am On Sep 09, 2018
MrExcel:
Is South Africa close to Daura? I want to know how this would be of help in sending PMB back to his cows come 2019.

Your obsession with buhari is damning...u eat,sleep, talk, think buhari all d time...like it or not, its till 2023.c ya

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by LastSurvivor11: 5:39am On Sep 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning folks.

Lack of travel and exposure is a problem..
If you have ever stepped ur feet in any of these countries you mentioned you will be ashamed of your comment..
That's how the other day one fool was comparing Nigeria with India, a country that manufacturers everything they use. A country where power outage for 30mins looks like an abomination..
Pathetic..

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Dreyl(m): 5:42am On Sep 09, 2018
Nigerians deserves what they got, I don't blame them.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Hopebringer: 5:45am On Sep 09, 2018
dafeyankee:
Good morning folks.

South Africa is a billion times better than Nigeria. There's no comparing the two.. their xenophobia is just like your TRIBALISM here you should be ashamed of your comment as you just showed how unexposed you are. You need to travel and see for yourself

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Kelklein(m): 5:48am On Sep 09, 2018
First America.. Now South Africa.

That's what you get when you don't put your acts together as a country.

9 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Bullhari007(m): 5:49am On Sep 09, 2018
which VSF collect 33k.... I paid 66k to VSF PH , after they delay my application for 3weeks... ordinary South is forming Bruce Lee to Nigeria... courtesy of Zai Barbar

17 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by gaby(m): 5:55am On Sep 09, 2018
Thank God ooo,

The bad eggs should be decimating and killing themselves here, it will be cheaper to have them interred.
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 09, 2018
I wonder if other citizens of other countries also apply for Nigerian visas as much as these.

If Nigerians insist on our kind of democracy, Nigeria will continue to be a country or more accurately a nightmare where it's citizens are trapped within it.

Most Americans have never travelled out of their country. I'm sure most of them don't even have passports.

Nigeria is a failed country. The earlier we realize this the better. We should split.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Seetto: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2018
MrExcel:
U have to wait till 2023 , I wonder how u will survive this for another 4 years, because obviously buhari will gallantly will 2019 election, no qualms cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by abumoney(m): 6:00am On Sep 09, 2018
How's that our headache?
Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 09, 2018
Ioannes:
I wonder if other citizens of other countries also apply for Nigerian visas as much as these.

If Nigerians insist on our kind of democracy, Nigeria will continue to be a country or more accurately a nightmare where it's citizens are trapped within it.

Most Americans have never travelled out of their country. I'm sure most of them don't even have passports.

Nigeria is a failed country. The earlier we realize this the better. We should split.
America too big self. How many Africans travel out of their country in search of “brown pastures” like Nigerians?

20 Likes

Re: South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos by seguno2: 6:03am On Sep 09, 2018
eleko1:
embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed sad next nah Togo,.Why won't dem shut down their embassy wen our pipu dey go there do gangster, killed themselves, constitute nuisance.

Buhari and APC have turned our country upside down in less than four years.
From prosperity of the biggest economy into recession.
From jobs aplenty to retrenchment, unemployment and job scarcity.
From N87 to N145 fuel instead of the N40 promised.
Buhari is the worst president in our history.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Stunning Images Of The World's Biggest Cruise Ship (pics) / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.