Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,975 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title (25826 Views)

Naomi Osaka Beats Jennifer Brady To Win Second Australian Open Title / Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) / Simona Halep Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 Wimbledon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
flyca:
Please is this Osaka lady an African?
I'm asking because she looks sooooo Africa, not that I'm trying to attribute her winning to Africa o
She must be a black Japanese. There are many black-Japanese, but the yellow ones do segregate them.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Maitommi: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
dheilaw1:
i am sure you have not achieved 1 percent of her achievements in life. shame on you
I'm sorry you're pained. Good sportsmanship dictates you to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. The better lady won with a shocker. And it was so electrifying that with all Serena's experience she had a meltdown and could only overshadow Osaka's performance with her drama and name calling. Last time she threatened to shove a ball in a linesman's throat. Ask yourself why she always has problems when she's losing. You know if it was football, she would have been sent off a lot earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by hucienda: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
Why boo a 20-year old lady on such a memorable day she worked so hard for? The Serena-Coach-Umpire incident? The thing pain the Americans for the arena no be small and showed them as sore losers.

Congratulations on your 1st Grand Slam, Naomi. You deserved it.

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by gatecrash123: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

Because Haiti is a shithole where her career would have been dead on arrival, while Japan gave her everything she needed to flourish.
how is Haiti a shithole.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

Because Haiti is a shithole where her career would have been dead on arrival, while Japan gave her everything she needed to flourish.
Shut up, America give her all she's needs, she stays n train in Florida.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
Serena should have kept it cool, she should learn from the likes of Roger Federal, Novak Djokovic and co., you can't win all the time.
I can't wait for Novak to win another grandslam this year.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
Maitommi:

I'm sorry you're pained. Good sportsmanship dictates you to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. The better lady won with a shocker. And it was so electrifying that with all Serena's experience she had a meltdown and could only overshadow Osaka's performance with her drama and name calling. Last time she threatened to shove a ball in a linesman's throat. Ask yourself why she always has problems when she's losing. You know if it was football, she would have been sent off a lot earlier.
If u had watch the game, u wouldn't make this comment, serena was the one who pacify the booing and cheered Naomi up.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
ChiefOloye:
Serena should please take a definite break from Tennis, she has paid her dues, she is unarguably the best tennis player across genders, not equaling certain number of grand slam titles won't take anything away from her legendary status.

Across gender?... Are you really okay..
This is the kind of things people say when they know nothing about tennis...

Keep quayet instead of embarrassing yourself..based on current form of players in WTA (women) Serena is rates 26th and she has zero chance of winning any major tennis tournament till she retires... People need to understand that Serena's time has passed, she lost two finals in a row... Her latest against Osaka (a 20yr old) is the backbreaker. She didn't just lose, she was crushed.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
nelsonebby:
How can the audience be booing a 20 years old girl?
A very disappointing way to end the tournament.
cry
Did u watch it, they cheered her up at the end. And it was Ramos the umpire they were booing not Osaka.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
gatecrash123:

how is Haiti a shithole.
That country worst pass Nigeria o

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by jantavanta(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
After watching the Mike Tyson Documentary, I think it is good to take a break when the ovation is loudest.

Tyson after his defeat in his final UK match said he could not fight like before because he was now "thinking about his family". The psychological power that used to be behind Serena Williams is what Naomi now possesses. It is simply nature.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by flyca: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

She must be a black Japanese. There are many black-Japanese, but the yellow ones do segregate them.
Oh thanks, first time I'm hearing of black Japanese
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
flyca:

Oh thanks, first time I'm hearing of black Japanese
You are welcome, we learn everyday.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Sterope(f): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Her father could be an absentee father you know.
Also, she does not need her father's permission to choose the nationality she is comfortable with.

bomasek:
Girl is from Haiti not Japan, I wonder why her dad allowed her to adopt her mom's nationality and maiden name
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by unmask: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
Awoo88:

Did you watch the match? It was the official that was being boo. The guys were very bad. It was as fit they wanted her to lose
how were they bad? All decisions she got are rules of the game.....so I don't see how the officials were bad

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by abbansadeeq: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
I am happy for her I am happy for her I am happy for her
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2018
This was a controversial match.. my take is whoever or what ever party didn't want to see Serena win this US open... she has never won on US soil.. it has nothing to do with her opponent her fans booed cos they saw what went wrong. every game has it cheat mode. she just fell for this and her emotions came to play.For those out of place saying she should go and rest or retire or why she is pained should tighten their seat belt and wait in vain cos that ain't gonna happen. The dump asses only made her over popular.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2018
ChiefOloye:
Serena should please take a definite break from Tennis, she has paid her dues, she is unarguably the best tennis player across genders, not equaling certain number of grand slam titles won't take anything away from her legendary status.
Just say that; "she is the best in the female category". Moreover, Serena became dominant when there was no competition among the female tennis players. The Male category will always be the best. They play more sets than the female and it is less predictable compare to the female category.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by unmask: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
ClintonDal:
From the comments alone, I can deduce that a lot of members on this forum are very much ignorant.
I'm pretty sure none of y'all actually watched the game. And to top it off someone is here suggesting she should go home and look after the family.
and you that watched it what do you have to say.....that you love an athlete doesn't mean you try to circumvent the rules

She got coaching.....rule of the game...warning

She smashed her racket....rule of the game....2nd violation and point deduction

She abused an umpire....rule of the game....3rd violation and game deduction

If she continued.....she would have forfeited the game

5 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by SoNature(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
medexico:
Na small girl beat am self, if dem beat her well well, she go retire

U shouldn't call someone who made the finals of US Open 'a small girl'
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by kunmiiii: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
ClintonDal:
From the comments alone, I can deduce that a lot of members on this forum are very much ignorant.
I'm pretty sure none of y'all actually watched the game. And to top it off someone is here suggesting she should go home and look after the family.

*LongSigh....the matter just tire and weak me, someone that is about to tie with Margaret Court, the greatest with 24 titles should now retire when she should be encouraged to surpass her, most of them don't know tennis oo, but just wanna belong cos the matter dey trend.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by victorazyvictor(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
bomasek:
Girl is from Haiti not Japan, I wonder why her dad allowed her to adopt her mom's nationality and maiden name

Is because blacks are good in bad things.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by unmask: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
charliboy654:

If u had watch the game, u wouldn't make this comment, serena was the one who pacify the booing and cheered Naomi up.
after she had caused it in the first place.....that is damage control....she had achieved her aim already

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
She was just too CHILDISH

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by kunmiiii: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
unmask:
and you that watched it what do you have to say.....that you love an athlete doesn't mean you try to circumvent the rules

She got coaching.....rule of the game...warning

She smashed her racket....rule of the game....2nd violation and point deduction

She abused an umpire....rule of the game....3rd violation and game deduction

If she continued.....she would have forfeited the game

She got coaching of the game, Sascha also did same to Osaka during the match but was overlooked or wasn't noticed by the umpire, he clearly showed a double standard for singling Williams out for something "when 100% of the coaches in 100% of the matches" are doing the same thing.

She smashed her racket which isn't a new thing, They all do both male and females alike, they get warnings

She abused the umpire, Ramos has been called worse things than a thief by male counterparts, even the "F" word has been hurled at him several times but they got warnings.

Novak Djokovic went on a furious tantrum at Ramos during Wimbledon this year, and was not issued a game violation. Djokovic was upset that he received a violation for scraping his racket on the grass during his outburst, while opponent Kei Nishikori did not.

At the 2017 French Open, a furious Rafael Nadal told Ramos off about the time warnings he was receiving

And in 2016, Australian Nick Kyrgios - who is well known for his on-court outbursts - went on an expletive-laced rant at Ramos, one of several disputes he has had with the umpire.
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by dominique(f): 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
flyca:
Please is this Osaka lady an African?
I'm asking because she looks sooooo Africa, not that I'm trying to attribute her winning to Africa o

She's mixed race, her father is from Haiti
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by unmask: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
IJEYdiamond:
This was a controversial match.. my take is whoever or what ever party didn't want to see Serena win this US open... she has never won on US soil.. it has nothing to do with her opponent her fans booed cos they saw what went wrong. every game has it cheat mode. she just fell for this and her emotions came to play.For those out of place saying she should go and rest or retire or why she is pained should tighten their seat belt and wait in vain cos that ain't gonna happen. The dump asses only made her over popular.
the match had no controversy.....any controversy was caused by her....even her coach has admitted he was giving her instructions....she only ranted because of what the press might say the next day "cheating Serena beaten by 20yr old" imagine talking about women rights and how she just had a baby........you people should be wise enough to know when someone is whipping up sentiments

And she has won several times on US soil

4 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
unmask:
the match had no controversy.....any controversy was caused by her....even her coach has admitted he was giving her instructions....she only ranted because of what the press might say the next day "cheating Serena beaten by 20yr old" imagine talking about women rights and how she just had a baby........you people should be wise enough to know when someone is whipping up sentiments

And she has won several times on US soil
go back and read full details what the coach said
Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by unmask: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
kunmiiii:

She got coaching of the game, Sascha also did same to Osaka during the match but was overlooked or wasn't noticed by the umpire, he clearly statedshowed a double standard for singling Williams out for something "when 100% of the coaches in 100% of the matches" are doing the same thing.

She smashed her racket which isn't a new thing, They all do both male and females alike, they get warnings

She abused the umpire, Ramos has been called worse things than a thief by male counterparts, even the "F" world has been hurled at him, they got warnings.

Novak Djokovic went on a furious tantrum at Ramos during Wimbledon this year, and was not issued a game violation. Djokovic was upset that he received a violation for scraping his racket on the grass during his outburst, while opponent Kei Nishikori did not.

At the 2017 French Open, a furious Rafael Nadal told Ramos off about the time warnings he was receiving

And in 2016, Australian Nick Kyrgios - whoumpirell-known for his on-court outbursts - went on an expletive-laced rant at Ramos, one of several disputes he's had with the umpire
listen to yourself.....the question is were the decisions wrong or not?

Because what you are fighting for is that she shouldn't have got punished rather than others should get punished when they violate

That shows double standard on your and her part.

The rules are the rules don't cry wolf when it is enforced

And this same Serena has gone on this type on tantrum in other occasion where she wasn't cautioned after the initial caution....and coincidentally in those occasions she was being outclassed

4 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by benratigan3(m): 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
ClintonDal:
one thing u should know about this forum is that its an anti progress ,anti women, anti common sense forum filled with stupid FTC personalities. I didn't believe what I was reading couldn't even comment.
u observed like I did

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by ThanosIsHere: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
charliboy654:

You guys keep saying "I don't think you watched the match" like you are the only one that can afford dstv, please stop. Now to your point, Serena was the favorite, most of the audience were her fans, she is also very influential which means if she reacts its only natural that her fans will get emotional too. Her throwing tantrums was totally unjustified and consequently triggered an automatic hate for Osaka. She knows this that's why she pacified the crowd to stop. If you noticed even the young lady couldn't even savor the moment of her first grand slam title, rather she was almost apologizing for winning. Osaka was outstanding, even if Serena might have been an imposing personality to her with all the cursing, smashing or racket and shhh, she still broke her on the second set.

3 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title by unmask: 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
ebony111:
go back and read full details what the coach said
done that and? He says he is doing what other coaches do and?

THE RULES ARE THE RULES.

In football teams get fined for fan behaviours

So how is that different.....whether she wanted coaching or not her coach offered it. Rather than rant at the umpire why didn't she rant at the coach for causing her a code violation. Note: a code violation. No point deduction no code deduction

A sensible person will tread carefully after that

It is like a footballer that get a warning but then goes on to make another senseless tackle or stupid reaction

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obituary: Burial Poster Of Christian Jacob / Mourinho Considering Signing Ibrahimovic To Tettenham Hotspur / Emiliano Sala: Search For Striker And Pilot Called Off - MySportDab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.