Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations (16685 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Disney Style, Serena Williams Wedding Gown Revealed (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by ednut1(m): 6:42am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:
THE YOUNG GIRL OSAKA DESERVES THAT VICTORY

but i smell RACISM from dat bais umpireangry
is the naiomi not black too

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 10, 2018
ednut1:
is the naiomi not black too
she got japanise blood..angry
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Horus(m): 6:51am On Sep 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmT0imSAVAY

Serena Williams fined $17,000 for code violations at U.S. Open
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by sniperwolf(m): 6:58am On Sep 10, 2018
Is her opponent not black and also a female?

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Glink2018(m): 7:08am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:
IT IS ALWAYS HARD TO ACCEPT DEFEAT

she should just retire to save her legacy...

You nailed it.
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by elmisti(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2018
that umpire was straight AF.

serena want to turn advocate ever since she born baby.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by 9japarrot: 7:58am On Sep 10, 2018
Why would she be angry Naomi Campbell won?

or she thinks is easy to handle big cucmbers every now and then cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2018
NoSidonLook:
like i said in another post, Serena just overplayed her celebrity card, and when it didnt favour her, she decided to use the sexism card as her back up sympathy option

even her coach confessed to coaching her, so what's her fuss about...

exactly, we are letting sentiments and many of these concepts i.e feminism take away our common sense and morals. What has women right got to do with an official showing discipline to someone who misbehaved? because he hasn't disciplined men before so a woman can do it without getting disciplined too. Does this makes sense?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by bluefilm: 9:00am On Sep 10, 2018
That's good.

Now she can shut the _fuck up in good faith.

Idiotic women always pulling the race and gender card once the odds goes against them. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Babysho(m): 9:25am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:
IT IS ALWAYS HARD TO ACCEPT DEFEAT

she should just retire to save her legacy...

Yeah
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by moriNla: 9:27am On Sep 10, 2018
metronaija4:
Serena Williams has been fined 17,000 dollars for the code violations she received during the U.S. Open final, the United States Tennis Association (USTA) said on Sunday.

During Saturday’s match, which she lost 6-2 6-4 to Japan’s Naomi Osaka, Williams was handed a coaching violation and a point penalty for breaking her racquet before a heated argument with umpire Carlos Ramos ended with her losing a game.
READ ALSO Ozekhome faults Buhari's position on national security verses rule of law
Its good to hear that because she made me loose my 16k on bet9ja.
The tournament referee’s office fined the former world number one 10,000 dollars for the “verbal abuse” of Ramos, 4,000 dollars for being warned for coaching and 3,000 dollars for smashing her racket.

Williams, who was seeking a record-equaling 24th Grand Slam singles title on Saturday, vigorously disputed each of the violations during the match.
READ ALSO PHOTO: Desmond Elliot's Mother's 70th Birthday Celebration In Pictures

She demanded Ramos apologise for handing her a coaching violation and later called the umpire a “thief” for giving her a point penalty. (Reuters/NAN)

http://www.metronaija.ng/tennis-williams-fined-17000-for-u-s-open-code-violations/

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by confistified(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Lols the fine is too small she wouldn't even feel it.. Her runner up money is $1.85 that's about #670 million naira shocked .... E b like say na to go play tennis o
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by elwhizzy: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
But she is not first to break racket na without any fine

Wrong, Djokovic was fined last year. But he still won, and he was fined by the same umpire. Its a code violation.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by elwhizzy: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:

you are wrong too. He has fined 4 white men earlier.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by elwhizzy: 10:04am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:
she got japanise blood..angry
Nonsense talk
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by JacksonOyibo: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:

Naomi Osaka is HALF BLACK! Her mother is Japanese, while her father is Haitian (just like Wyclef Jean).... Serena Williams is American and tournament is the U.S OPEN.... there is NO racism... Serena Williams is a sore loser, she has done this before to a female umpire (she was threatening to beat and kill the umpire).

3 Likes

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2018
rozayx5:

Meaning that girl is already a billionaire by Nigerian standards

While slay Queen's who live on Instagram can't even make 1k naira with their brain

I tell you grin
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by abbeyloyee(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2018
NoSidonLook:
A very big congrats to Naomi Osaka

A 20 year old Black Asian girl defeating a 23 time grand slam legend... cheesy cheesy

her humility was also top notch...I heard the prize money for the U.S Open is THREE MILLION DOLLARS shocked shocked

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2018
echelons:

$3.8 million bro.. Don't throw away the $800K. It's worth a lot here.
Sorry Sir grin
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by JacksonOyibo: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2018
majekdom2:
exactly, we are letting sentiments and many of this silly concepts i.e feminism take away our common sense and morals. What has women right got to do with an official showing discipline to someone who misbehaved? because he hasn't disciplined men before so a woman can do it without getting disciplined too. Does this makes sense?

He has disciplined men before... she just doesn't know about those cases because the male tennis players didn't throw tantrums like her.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by mkoabiola: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2018
D fine will b deducted frm her prize as a runner up

She WS jus frustrated
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:
WTF!!! 17,000$

wey i fit use buy house big house, marry fine girl, buy car... na dey wan collet ba??

Not enough to even build house � or even furnish it....

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by ojlifa: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2018
I advice you go watch the match before commenting.if you did then you would know that the other girl is half black half Japanese. Secondly Williams was a disgrace to all blacks round the would. What she did was shameful

miracood:

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Frankicent(m): 12:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
NoSidonLook:
A very big congrats to Naomi Osaka

A 20 year old Black Asian girl defeating a 23 time grand slam legend... cheesy cheesy

her humility was also top notch...I heard the prize money for the U.S Open is THREE MILLION DOLLARS shocked shocked

nawa oo how is she a black Asian
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by etibaba(m): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2018
miracood:

You obviously do not know what racism is, now tell me is Osaka white?

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Ugosample(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
echelons:

$3.8 million bro.. Don't throw away the $800K. It's worth a lot here.
Does the runner up also win some prize money?
I really hope so. Getting to the finals is not easy
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
JacksonOyibo:

He has disciplined men before... she just doesn't know about those cases because the male tennis players didn't throw tantrums like her.
thank you. She’s been loosing and obviously the reason for this. She should consult with her counselor ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Frankicent:

nawa oo how is she a black Asian
her father is Haitian her mother is Japanese
do I need to explain further to you that Haitian is a black nation...

1 Like

Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
[quote author=abbeyloyee post=71069145][/quote]
wrong info...
just wikipedia her name and you'll see it in her profile page
Re: Tennis: Serena Fined $17,000 For U.S Open Code Violations by Frankicent(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
NoSidonLook:

her father is Haitian
her mother is Japanese

do I need to explain further to you that Haitian is a black nation...

nawa oooo.... I didn't know about her father na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Soccer Teams Are Celebrities Supporting? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Boniface Wins Bundesliga Rookie Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.