Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart (14488 Views)

2023: Atiku’s Rejection Of Wike Tears PDP Apart / Agboola Ajayi's Defection To ZLP Tears PDP Apart / Senate Leadership: Minority Leader Slot Tears PDP Senators Apart - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by ManirBK: 6:56am On Sep 11, 2018
It emerged yesterday that leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are running from pillar to post over the party’s presidential aspirants who seem to be set for a showdown in the battle for the party’s ticket.
So far, there are 12 presidential aspirants in the race and whoever becomes PDP’s presidential candidate is expected to be the main challenger of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 presidential election.
But the prospect of a consensus candidate emerging from the ranks of the PDP presidential aspirants appears slim, as they are all poised to slug it out for the party’s ticket at the party’s primaries scheduled to hold on October 6 this year.

LEADERSHIP gathered that most of the aspirants have resolved to test their popularity at the party’s convention, with the hope that it is going to be a free and fair primaries by the party leadership.

Submitting his presidential nomination forms yesterday, Senate President Bukola Saraki played down the possibility of a consensus candidate emerging, stressing that what is important for the party is having a free and credible primaries.

The senate president who was accompanied by some of his loyalists to the PDP national secretariat, said, “I don’t think the consensus thing is the issue before us because we are trying to ensure that there is internal democracy in the system and a very credible primaries. What is important is that at the end of the day we have something that is rancour-free.

“What I can tell you is that we are working together because we are still part of one family. I believe at the end of the day, we will have a process that whoever emerges will be supported by all of us so that there will be no need dividing ourselves.

“We are happy as a party that we have competent people managing the process. It is your responsibility to ensure that the best man emerges and to ensure that there is credibility in the process so that it will be acceptable to all.”

The Senate president added that what is important for them is the lives of millions of Nigerians who are going through such a tough time and who now believe that it is only through the PDP that that can happen.

He continued: “We will play our own part in ensuring that we unite every body. It has always been my antecedent to provide unity, to provide leadership in this kind of scenario. I can assure you I will play my role in uniting all of us because we are part of one family and we are actually part of one family.

“Our problem is not in PDP but in the other party. So, we will stay united to carry out this exercise as a family affair and we will ensure that the party will also show that we will do something that is respected across the world so that that will give us the platform to go and deliver.”

On his part, another presidential aspirant of the party, Senator Jonah Jang said he will never step down for any other aspirant and that not even his party can ask him to do so.

Speaking with journalists in Abuja yesterday, the former governor of Plateau State said, “If I am to step down, why would I be aspiring in the first place?

https://leadership.ng/2018/09/11/consensus-candidacy-tears-pdp-presidential-aspirants-apart/

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by ManirBK: 6:57am On Sep 11, 2018
Its deceptive and very treacherous for people likely David Mark, saraki, Atiku and whoever has been in government during the 16 years of maladministration of the PDP, to come out now and be talking 'restructuring'. They are not sincere with Nigerians. They just want to use 'restructuring'as a bait. They want sympathy from gullible members of the society.
They should tell us why and how restructuring was never in their diction for the 16 years they jointly plundered our Commonwealth. When they were making the illegitimate billions with which they are contesting to be president today, why did they not think of restructuring? When Jonathan was paying # 17billionnaira annually to the National Assembly just to pass budgets, why was restructuring not a necessity? When billions in American dollars was approved for non existing contracts those 16 years, no restructuring. They can not fool us with this new slogan, we know what their intentions are but I am certain that they have failed already

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by ManirBK: 6:59am On Sep 11, 2018
Saraki that cannot unite with his Biological sister want to unite Nigeria, Oga charity begins at home!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Aufbauh(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2018
All the political histrionics playing out in the course of this oncoming PDP Primaries indicate that PMB is a very popular candidate and a strong demigod in the northern hemisphere.

To make the 2019 presidential election a tough match, i advise that the APC should allow the PDP to feed their 3 best popular presidential candidates on the ballot paper at the same time. Then their votes will be add up as one against Buhari's votes.
Anything short of this my candid advice is going to be a disgraceful calamity for the PDP cheesy

They PDP never see anything yet.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by gaby(m): 7:05am On Sep 11, 2018
The usual name callings, which is often an after effect of huge egos ruggedly battered will soon start making the rounds.

Transfer window isn't shut yet, some will still come back to their vomits at APC, while some will drop their babaringas, find an "OGBENE" to tuck in their bullion bellies with which they have been swallowing our monies, just to fit into a shirt and pants and start shouting " Not-too-young-to-rule", because they are so shameless, it pricks their consciences not, to sit and eat that which should be for their kids.

They won't have a shame joining the not too young to rule movement if they feel their thieving ambitions would be realised from there.

Animals parading as humans.

Shameless and lacking in integrity and morals...

Enjoy my siggy

For those who might not know what ogbene means, na im our mama take dey tie us for back that year. E be like say na girdle dem dey call am now...

Seun, you and your mods who enjoy playing demigods on here had better reach out to negotiate a settlement with me for entertaining your guests before I enter my ghost mode again..

Ghost-mode, dem no dey see we....their firo miro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by horlabiyi(m): 7:06am On Sep 11, 2018
Propaganda from pit of hell APC

3 Likes

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by CoolFreeday(m): 7:11am On Sep 11, 2018
These PDP guys are all comedians...

God forbid that I vote any of them....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by BiafranBushBoy: 7:11am On Sep 11, 2018
ManirBK:
Saraki that cannot unite with his Biological sister want to unite Nigeria, Oga charity begins at home!

Intelligent BMC's will drop this controversial post and wait for neutrals to do the dirty job...

Super "INTELLIGENT" BMCs like you will show the whole world that you were paid to post by occupying the First to comment and Second to comment... Yet nothing tangible from it...

I hate to say this, you are doing a poor job and will soon get fired like Omenka (you've seen the dude for a while?)

6 Likes

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Chikpat(m): 7:20am On Sep 11, 2018
ManirBK:

Indeed charity begins at home and the thief may not know. He steals from Nigerians and Kwarans. He does not seem to know how to rob the Sarakis

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by SolutionMee: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
It will soon be resolved

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Homeboiy: 7:28am On Sep 11, 2018
story
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by fageya: 8:28am On Sep 11, 2018
pdp tear gas
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by omowolewa: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2018
Personal Interests
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by tuniski: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2018
Aufbauh:
All the political histrionics playing out in the course of this oncoming PDP Primaries indicate that PMB is a very popular candidate and a strong demigod in the northern hemisphere.

To make the 2019 presidential election a tough match, i advise that the APC should allow the PDP to feed their 3 best popular presidential candidates on the ballot paper at the same time. Then their votes will be add up as one against Buhari's votes.
Anything short of this my candid advice is going to be a disgraceful calamity for the PDP cheesy

Grandiose delusion!
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Ayodele0007: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2018
One thing we need to always remember is: both PDP and APC are parties made up of people whom have disappointed Nigerians in one capacity or the other at certain time....all we need now is fresh people with fresh ideologies and mindset. But talking about buhari I will only wish him well if only he will allow PYO to pilot d affairs of d nation while he just sit back and observe as an old man other wise I may choose RMK(Kwankwaso) or SBS(Saraki) irrespective of who Nigerians say they are. May God deliver us from dicey leadership come 2019.
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by ManirBK: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Intelligent BMC's will drop this controversial post and wait for neutrals to do the dirty job...

Super "INTELLIGENT" BMCs like you will show the whole world that you were paid to post by occupying the First to comment and Second to comment... Yet nothing tangible from it...

I hate to say this, you are doing a poor job and will soon get fired like Omenka (you've seen the dude for a while?)
pls where terrorist Nnamdi cownu run abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2018
Do a rigorous primary and have 3 marathon debates.

The ones wey their level no reach go begin drop
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Okwesa: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2018
Brb
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Bestattitude(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2018
Omo 2019 go hot oo.

I sell home and office furnitures.
Office chair and table, dinning set, center table, tv stand, bar stool, workstation etc. Call or Whatsapp on 08165618646.
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Abeyjide: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2018
waiting
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by tesppidd: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2018
Countdown is on to October 6th.

The day PDP will crumble into 5 factions.

2 Likes

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by abc115: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin

Saraki even submitted forms 6pm Tuesday, while we are still 9.55 am .... grin grin Confusion in the camp of PDP

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by oka4ugoo: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2018
A
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by dingbang(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2018
hahahhaha, this shows you that they all have selfish interests.

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first
Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Humblega(m): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2018
Secondus is too weak for d task ahead.

Choosing a leader where every 1 believe dey ar d head.

D fight after october primary will b interesting.

* some will leave

* some will stay but silent

While

* some will stay behind just to scatter tins

huge live political battles ahead

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by oka4ugoo: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2018
Aufbauh:

My brother if that small boy touch that man for kpekus that man go limp

1 Like

Re: Consensus Candidacy Tears PDP Presidential Aspirants Apart by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2018
Set up a debate

Very hard rigorous debate

Anyone the kitchen is too hot for will drop out and you won’t have to beg!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu / Buhari Seeks Confirmation Of Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff / Policeman, Six Others Killed As Bandits Attack Villages In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.