Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket (24055 Views)

Presidency: Consensus Candidate Is Rubbish, Deceptive –Wike Blasts Saraki, Atiku / Saraki, Atiku, Secondus, Obi, PDP Chieftains Plot Buhari's Oust In Dubai - Punch / Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by AreaNews: 9:17am On Sep 11, 2018
The Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party has set up a committee to liaise with all the presidential aspirants to discuss the possibility of having a consensus candidate.

The BoT also warned its members against campaigning for any of the aspirants in order not to polarise the party.

The BoT Chairman, Walid Jibrin, said these decisions were taken after the meeting of the board, which was held in Abuja on Sunday night.

He also said that the tenure of the current executive had been extended for another five years.

Jibrin, who spoke with journalists on the outcome of the meeting, said, “A committee has been set up to discuss with all presidential aspirants to come up with one of them as a consensus candidate.

“The meeting advised all members to always maintain their honour and integrity as the conscience of the party to remain neutral and never sponsor or lead aspirants to visits and rallies as was done during the last convention.”

On whether the party was showing preferential treatment to old members among the presidential aspirants, he said, “We have warned the party to manage the situation of new defectors to the party well and also consider the role played by old members.”

However, some presidential aspirants of the PDP, including ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; the President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, and a former governor of Kano State, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, on Monday disagreed on the presidential ticket of the party in the 2019 elections. At separate fora on Monday, the three of them expressed readiness to go for the primary.

It’s North-Central turn to lead Nigeria – Saraki

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that Saraki, during a meeting with the Benue State Working Committee of the PDP in Makurdi, insisted that it was the turn of the North-Central zone to lead the country.

The President of the Senate also stated that his presidential aspiration was driven by an obsession for justice, fairness, and respect for the rule of law.

Saraki stated, “As a geopolitical zone, we have paid our dues. It is the turn of our zone to lead Nigeria to stability. We have gone through bad times. The nation has become crises-ridden; the killings are uncalled for and the Benue valley is the worst hit. There should be justice to every citizen, regardless of geographical location.

“Democracy entails freedom or rights of the people. Our rights should not be imprisoned.”

According to him, Nigeria needs leaders who are capable of representing all interest groups, and not a section of the country.

“My presidential ambition is a collective decision borne out of a desire to salvage the disunity that we are witnessing,” he said.

Meanwhile, Saraki submitted his presidential nomination and expression of interest forms to the party in Abuja on Monday.

Saraki said that his antecedents stand him out among the other aspirants.

He said he had had the opportunity of serving as governor and that he is currently serving on the legislative side, stressing that it was important that the country had a president who could bring all parties on board.

We must ensure credible primaries – Senate President

On whether he can step down for a consensus candidate, he said, “I don’t think the consensus thing is the issue before us because we are trying to ensure that there is internal democracy in the system and very credible primaries.

“What is important is that at the end of the day, we have something that is rancour-free. What I can tell you is that we are working together because we are still part of one family.

“I believe at the end of the day, we will have a process that whoever emerges will be supported by all of us. So, there will be no need dividing ourselves.”

Atiku will win PDP ticket – Aide

Also, the spokesman for the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Mr Segun Sowunmi, said his principal was confident of emerging the PDP candidate.

Sowunmi told one of our correspondents on the telephone that since the PDP had not micro-zoned the Presidency to the North-Central, Atiku would not step down for anyone.

He said, “The business of zoning is a party matter, and the PDP, to the best of my knowledge, has not micro-zoned its Presidency. It was only zoned to the North.” Having said that, the former Vice-President has evolved beyond the candidacy of a tendency or even a zone.

“He is a pan-Nigeria candidate but we recognise that this country has become extremely divided and it takes a pan-Nigerian, who has a relationship with every part of this country to be able to bring the nation together. This is one of the many reasons he is needed. “

I’m the only aspirant that can defeat Buhari – Kwankwaso

Also, Kwankwaso, who spoke through his Principal Secretary, Binta Spikin, stated that only he could defeat President Muhammadu Buhari and as such would prefer to go for the primary rather than backing down for anybody.

According to Spikin, what is important is for the PDP to present a popular candidate who can beat Buhari in the 2019 presidential election.

Reacting to the claim that it was the turn of the North-Central to lead the country, she stated, “No, we don’t agree and I don’t think we should agree. Why? It is because what we are looking at is that person who can deliver votes. And going by the happenings in Nigeria, Senator Kwankwaso is the only person who can beat President Muhammadu Buhari. That is if you are talking about mass followership.

“From whatever direction one is looking at it, the most interesting and obvious fact is, who can beat President Muhammadu Buhari in the next election, and that person is Senator Musa Rabi’u Kwankwaso.”

But asked whether Kwankwaso would reject consensus candidacy in a text message sent to her, Spikin said, “Senator Kwankwaso believes in the law and party supremacy, hence he will be part of anything that will contribute to the overall success of the party.”

But when contacted, the spokesman for a former governor of Kaduna State, who is also a PDP presidential aspirant, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, said his principal would not comment on the matter.

Makarfi, a two-term senator, is among eleven other aspirants jostling for the Peoples Democratic Party’s ticket to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

“We will rather not comment on that. There is no comment from us. Thank you,” the spokesman said.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/saraki-atiku-kwankwaso-disagree-over-presidential-ticket/amp/

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by dingbang(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2018
three wise men.

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by SolutionMee: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
Everything will soon be resolved. The disagreement is to confuse the populace. Rumor have it that the two of them consider it more of a privilege in stepping down for Saraki.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by FYB(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2018
Na wahala de come so oo.

Make God help them sha

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Alzirida(f): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Pls they should be nice to one another.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 11, 2018
If I have to select, Atiku should hold the ticket.
He's in the league of Bubu. Besides, just like Bubu, the man don too try.

Any one who can kick out lifeless is welcome

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Votewisely2019: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2018
Saraki should allow the two main contestants to fight it out in the primary

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Cajal(m): 9:53am On Sep 11, 2018
ATIKU or makarf....all the way

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Larryallovernig: 10:10am On Sep 11, 2018
Please i'm appealing to Smile comm. to replace SUBSTANDARD DEVICE they sold for me, the device is not up to 4 mnths before it stopped work and it's now 3 wks i logged the complaint. i don't knw why SON would allowed SUBSTANDARD product into this country.
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by vedaxcool(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin please stomach whatever you see there. Useless criminals network whose hobby is stealing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Naijawebmaster: 10:11am On Sep 11, 2018
It's funny how people who are struggling to make ends meet will come here and support any of these candidate that have been in power for so long, yet no valuable impact on citizens to show as proof.

We need fresh air. We need fresh, competent leaders who have sincere desire to change Nigeria.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by oluwasegun007(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2018
fdsdrgve
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 11, 2018
I just like this Saraki sha

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by IamPatriotic(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2018
Saraki is not contesting for Presidency, he is only rooting for Atiku, but PDP is for Maikarfi.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by yumubelek(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2018
May the good Lord scatter the gathering of enemies of the nation, confusion and desperation will never cease from them. We are solidly praying for Baba Buhari sound health and more wisdom to steer the affair of the nation. Come 2019, President Buhari will be reelected by special grace of God and will of majority of Nigerians. Amen.

We boldly say no to desperados....

We are progressives, we are APC.

God bless Nigeria!

26 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2018
dingbang:
three wise men.

three men wasting their time

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by DBossNG(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2018
Good!
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2018
akuwe
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by olaolulazio(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2018
dingbang:
three wise men.
3 fools

10 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:15am On Sep 11, 2018
It is very much expected.
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by greatman247(m): 10:15am On Sep 11, 2018
I had always say it will one day come to this. APC has had their crisis then PDP were happy and now PDP crisis is loading. Lol.

Really PDP is party with so much impunity. Why Won't they allow the aspirants go for that primary and let the popular candidate wins? That's the way to go. Why cutting corners? And if a consensus candidate it must be an old member without any corruption cases whose more popular not all these opportunists who left the party in the cold when the party was going through crisis and came back to join the party when the going is good for the party.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by uwa1(m): 10:15am On Sep 11, 2018
PDP better get it right... They have to look beyond the fact that the candidate must come from a major populated North zone. To successfully take back power from APC they need a smart and powerful candidate (Powerful within and outside this present government), who can also checkmate the fraudulent activities of INEC and security agencies in the north and southwest during the election... etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Iscoalarcon: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2018
These are the APC agents Wike is talking about
If you know you know
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by kunmiiii: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2018
After selling forms across all boards to greedy looters and raking in millions of Naira, the BoT is now suggesting consensus candidate, the greed and confusion of PDP members is going to make 2019 elections a walk over for APC.

A house divided can never stand, all PDP presidential aspirants are just donating money to the ponies.

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 10:18am On Sep 11, 2018
All these one's just wasted their money to buy nomination form ni Na PMB till 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by tesppidd: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Everything will soon be resolved. The disagreement is to confuse the populace. Rumor have it that the two of them consider it more of a privilege in stepping down for Saraki.
i swear even the biblical Joseph would doff his hat for you.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Vixlot: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2018
Na so...meanwhile

Visit https://www.vixpal.com, a Business, Professional and Social Community for advert , resume display, cloud storage,news etc ,all for free
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Oritzy: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2018
APC and PDP is a no no for me but if am to choose between two evils I would go for Atiku
Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by Ojuororun(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2018
dingbang:
three wise men.
they are' thiefs ,mudderers, and assasins,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Atiku, Kwankwaso Disagree Over Presidential Ticket by tesppidd: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2018
grin
kunmiiii:
After selling forms across all boards and raking in millions of Naira, the BoT is now suggesting consensus candidate, the greed and confusion of PDP members is going to make 2019 elections a walk over for APC
abi ooh!

after collecting people's millions, it is now they want to do consensus.

i hope they plan to refund the monies,

if not PDP don scatter be that.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Days To Campaigns Flag-Off: APC Governors, Ministers Lobby Tinubu / Mohammed Abacha Fights To Reclaim $1.3bn Oil Bloc, Sues FG, Shell, Agip / #EndSARSMemorial: Lagos Denies Sanwo-Olu Ordered Crackdown On Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.